Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 440529 times)
For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #885 on: August 15, 2019, 12:08:06 AM »

In a heartbeat. Get that 3D printer, For!

Hi Bob, well I'll do my best with this claim then I'll see what I can do.
As I have said before it's a great feeling knowing my model building is appreciated by so many of you so thanks all.

I'll of course keep you updated as and when I have news.
point incoming to you Bob.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2766

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #886 on: August 15, 2019, 01:03:10 PM »

In a heartbeat. Get that 3D printer, For!
I'd say contact Frizzenflyer, but he has been MIA for some time. If I'm not mistaken he started Shapeways.com

https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?type=product&q=lightsaber

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #887 on: August 15, 2019, 06:37:03 PM »

I'd say contact Frizzenflyer, but he has been MIA for some time. If I'm not mistaken he started Shapeways.com

https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?type=product&q=lightsaber

Hi Logos, yes I remember seeing Frizz's name when I first joined this forum. I think back then he was offering 3D printed emitters for the Aeons and Sentinels (with US's blessing of course). He and Drachir chatted quite a bit as some members were using Frizz's emitters along with getting Drachir to weather their hilts.

Definitely something I need to take a look at and thanks for the link!
point on the way.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #888 on: August 17, 2019, 09:17:12 AM »

Something something Sith Empire emblem Roll Eyes

Hello Everybody and Darth Logos, as promised I have something something you might like. And something something Sith Logos might like. First up is my "Temple Saber"...

And here you go Logos, something Sithy...this is called "Fortress Saber"...

I also have a Galactic Empire Cog emblem and staff versions of these hilts too.
Thanks for looking in.

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #889 on: August 17, 2019, 01:35:17 PM »

Have to give you a point. Those just look outstanding.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #890 on: August 17, 2019, 08:04:03 PM »

Have to give you a point. Those just look outstanding.

Hello chalion, thank you for the kind comment. I was slightly worried that these might have been too "plain" but sometimes less is more and that made the hilt look more sleek rather than just a straight tube with an emitter (US's Liberator is a fantastic example of that look)

Thanks again and a point on the way to you.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #891 on: August 17, 2019, 09:52:05 PM »

Hello Everybody and Darth Logos, as promised I have something something you might like. And something something Sith Logos might like. First up is my "Temple Saber"...

And here you go Logos, something Sithy...this is called "Fortress Saber"...

I also have a Galactic Empire Cog emblem and staff versions of these hilts too.
Thanks for looking in.
AWE-
SOME!!!!

I LOVE both versions of that saber, FT!  The first reminds me of a Sentinel shoto; the second would look perfect accompanying a Sith's mainhand saber.  These are just INCREDIBLE!  From the sigiled pommels (incredible in their own right!) to the dual emitter shrouds, these are absolutely fantastic!

Point!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #892 on: August 17, 2019, 10:06:47 PM »

AWE-
SOME!!!!

I LOVE both versions of that saber, FT!  The first reminds me of a Sentinel shoto; the second would look perfect accompanying a Sith's mainhand saber.  These are just INCREDIBLE!  From the sigiled pommels (incredible in their own right!) to the dual emitter shrouds, these are absolutely fantastic!

Point!

Hello Dutch, glad you liked them and I have good news....there is another...saber! This one is named "Stronghold Saber" and is for the Galactic Empire...hence the cog motif which is instead cut into the shroud to create a window.

It has a matching Cog logo in the pommel but, if you add a flush coupler you get...
"Stronghold Staff"

"Fortress Staff"

And finally my favourite "Temple Staff"..

Thanks again Dutch and a point to you also. I had best get busy and build some more designs!

KaiserSosay
Duke of the Diamond Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -839

Droogs dont run!

« Reply #893 on: August 18, 2019, 07:06:50 AM »

You are great at designing sabers. Your graphics are so good that the sabers almost look real. The back grounds are really improved too, since last I looked at your artwork.  I really wish some of these could be had. Thanks for sharing your talents.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #894 on: August 18, 2019, 07:19:22 AM »

Hello KaiserSosay,

That is very kind of you to say thank you. It's hard to believe I only started using Blender 3D thirteen months ago. I had drawn sabers with pencil and paper in the past and used the online saber design application for MHS sabers but learning 3d modelling with Blender has been the best thing I could have done. I have to say I had a lot of help in the way of Youtube tutorials to get my images up to scratch so it is so nice to hear you all like them.

I hope I continue to impress you in the future...there is more to come.

A point on it's way as thanks.

KaiserSosay
Duke of the Diamond Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -839

Droogs dont run!

« Reply #895 on: August 18, 2019, 08:05:16 AM »

13 months? To me you look like a life time user, or a professional.
If I like your designs or not, I will always be impressed by your talent and imagination.  If it makes you happy keep doing it!!! You can't make everyone happy, so worry about yourself first. Your designs are amazing and your love for it is showing through.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2766

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #896 on: August 19, 2019, 06:29:00 PM »

"Fortress Staff"

MAKE THIS HAPPEN

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #897 on: August 19, 2019, 11:28:05 PM »

13 months? To me you look like a life time user, or a professional.
If I like your designs or not, I will always be impressed by your talent and imagination.  If it makes you happy keep doing it!!! You can't make everyone happy, so worry about yourself first. Your designs are amazing and your love for it is showing through.

Thanks once again, I will continue as I am enjoying the ride.

I dedicated 30mins a day to practice at first so as not to overwhelm myself but then as different functions and techniques clicked into place and I understood how it worked I was able to unlock other functions much more quickly. As my understanding grew I spent more time modelling and trying out new tricks. It was a snowballing effect. (Oh but I have to confess some of the backgrounds are just 360deg panoramic hi-def pictures used as a scenery element!)

-1 point.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #898 on: August 19, 2019, 11:31:19 PM »

MAKE THIS HAPPEN

Hi Logos, glad you like. As I mentioned I can't build these...(yet)....but as a way of apology I have sent you a PM with a link you may be interested in.

-1 point

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #899 on: August 20, 2019, 02:00:12 PM »

For, these are great!   They look amazingly comfortable to wield and merge into a staff configuration that looks very natural. 

One critical point: I would maybe try to make the emitter blend a bit more into the hilt?   My first impression of the Temple version was that it looked a little like a flashlight with a modified light cone attached, much like my very first "lightsaber" so many years ago.  :-)

But that was minor and the actual details are subtle but important.   :-)   And as a staff they look AMAZING!   Love it!

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: