Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 448587 times)
chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #930 on: August 31, 2019, 03:40:38 PM »

Point returned for the reply and information. THere's just so many comments in the suggestion/wish list now it's a lot to wade thru.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #931 on: August 31, 2019, 05:47:21 PM »

Point returned for the reply and information. THere's just so many comments in the suggestion/wish list now it's a lot to wade thru.

Hi again, I have a lot of spare time to browse due to my health stopping me from working long hours. It was because of reading the Suggestions thread that I modelled the Bastilla Shan staff for Lady Revan and a few other hilts like the "Dark Spook" (basically this was US's Spectre but in a black finish with gold accents).

And I enjoy chatting when I have something that may be interesting to share, so thanks for commenting so often.

Bob Loblaw
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 102

« Reply #932 on: September 01, 2019, 03:44:13 AM »

Now I'll address Karmack and Bob's technical points...
Regards the hinge mechanism, it could be possible to build an electromagnet system as IIRC it doesn't require much power to instigate the magnetic effect but an electromagnet could cause havoc with the soundboard (plus I don't think the Obsidian board has an Electromagnet Accent pad  Grin).

Hello there, For.
Just to be clear, I was strictly wondering about in-universe possibility's. But, if you can figure out how to get it to work in real life, please let me know ASAP! Grin

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #933 on: September 01, 2019, 10:43:20 PM »

Hello there, For.
Just to be clear, I was strictly wondering about in-universe possibility's. But, if you can figure out how to get it to work in real life, please let me know ASAP! Grin

Hi Bob, ok no problems. In universe there would probably be no issue with having an electromagnet system for coupling the sabers - I mean in the trailer we see the hinge change shape doing a "Transformers" effect - way beyond our earthbound tech today.

And if I do work out a way to build a working Switchblade coupler today you will be the second to know....I hope you don't mind but if I think Ultrasabers would be interested I'd email them first in case they wanna produce them   Wink Grin But you would be next to know!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #934 on: September 07, 2019, 02:57:00 PM »

Hello there, For.

WELLLL....after quite a bit of labour I think I have it worked out. If this works I have a short video clip of the "Rey of Darkness" Switchblade saber model showing the hinge mechanism. Please excuse the video if it isn't quite as polished as other folks' videos but I'm working with seriously limited machinery! Enough waffle here is the vid!...

http://youtu.be/GdNOBx4ew_U

The reason it took so long was that this wallybrain (aka me) animated the clip but made the mistake of rotating the upper saber so it rotated anti-clockwise, up and over, whereas it should be the lower saber swinging downward! I couldn't just flip the video footage because all the reflections and shadows would have looked wrong. I had to re-animate it. Luckily it wasn't as difficult to do a second time  Grin
Then I just had to create some titles and overlay graphics then stitch it all together.

Thanks again for looking in, now I can get back to designing hilts and rest assured I still have many more to show in future posts.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #935 on: September 09, 2019, 04:36:23 PM »

Smooth animation, FT!  Looks fantastic  Smiley

Point!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #936 on: September 09, 2019, 06:05:32 PM »

Smooth animation, FT!  Looks fantastic  Smiley

Point!

Thanks Dutch! I wasn't sure if my laptop would be able to cope with this animation but somehow it did. I realise it was very short and so chatted with a few experts in animating and they gave me a few hints and I have a slightly longer version where it opens and closes now. I thought Blender had to render images for every frame of the video but in fact I can add a pre-formatted video as "block" so reducing the workload on my machine and the file size of the video. I even posted the new longer version on YouTube.

Thanks again and don't worry the LS Master hilt I sent you a picture of is coming soon and it is animated too!

Point on the way back.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #937 on: September 14, 2019, 02:10:58 PM »

Hello Everybody,

I don't have a new design to show you today as I have been very busy producing some video clips of a couple of designs and my laptop doesn't multitask very well! However this doesn't mean I have taken things easy. I did learn a new 3D modeling technique before starting work on the videos. The technique is to simulate a sheet of cloth or material. To achieve the illusion you create a flat panel, then subdivide it so it has multiple smaller square which Blender can assign variables to. The variables alter how the squares move or "flow" and allows you to drape the panel so it lays and molds to any other object. It is easier to explain if you see pictures, so here are two images set up to show a plinth covered in a "For Tyeth Towel" and a saber resting on top of it.
First my "Temple" saber...

And second my modified "Steampunk Aeon"...

The "towel" is the flat panel but is divided into smaller segments that adjust to the shape of the plinth.

OK...I might have worked on a saber as well but I can only show you a teaser image for them (they are a matching pair of hilts actually). See if you can guess from the image who the hilts are inspired by...the colours and textures should help you.

The pair of hilts and their mystery owner will feature in a future post. Thanks for looking in on today's post.

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #938 on: September 14, 2019, 04:03:05 PM »

Steampunk Aeon looks beautiful, but I dislike the switch placement. To my eye, it should be just below the emitter. or the shroud.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #939 on: September 14, 2019, 04:28:50 PM »

Hello Everybody,

I don't have a new design to show you today as I have been very busy producing some video clips of a couple of designs and my laptop doesn't multitask very well! However this doesn't mean I have taken things easy. I did learn a new 3D modeling technique before starting work on the videos. The technique is to simulate a sheet of cloth or material. To achieve the illusion you create a flat panel, then subdivide it so it has multiple smaller square which Blender can assign variables to. The variables alter how the squares move or "flow" and allows you to drape the panel so it lays and molds to any other object. It is easier to explain if you see pictures, so here are two images set up to show a plinth covered in a "For Tyeth Towel" and a saber resting on top of it.
First my "Temple" saber...

And second my modified "Steampunk Aeon"...

The "towel" is the flat panel but is divided into smaller segments that adjust to the shape of the plinth.

OK...I might have worked on a saber as well but I can only show you a teaser image for them (they are a matching pair of hilts actually). See if you can guess from the image who the hilts are inspired by...the colours and textures should help you.

The pair of hilts and their mystery owner will feature in a future post. Thanks for looking in on today's post.
While I like both of these hilts, I REALLY love the Temple saber: everything from the split dual emitter shroud to the sleek handle to the awesome color scheme.  Just beautiful!

As for the cube...it reminds me of the mural that was featured in Season 4 of Rebels...but then the color(s)...while I am focused upon the gray color, I would have to say Ahsoka (especially since she ***SPOILERS*** was saved by Ezra using that portal).  But then, the purple color evinces me of Mace Windu...

OK, I give up.  I guess that I'll have to be patient and wait&see  Smiley

Point FT!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #940 on: September 14, 2019, 05:00:51 PM »

Steampunk Aeon looks beautiful, but I dislike the switch placement. To my eye, it should be just below the emitter. or the shroud.

Hello chalion and thanks for the feedback. The Steampunk Aeon was just a test build really that I made initially for fellow member Karmack. He sort of asked to see what an Aeon V4 would look like with my "Temple Emitter" fitted. I later used this model to add the Steampunk accent parts to but I stuck with the original 16mm switch and position. I could work on a new activation switch, maybe a two position tap style switch (like those seen on old electric power control boards/fuseboxes).

While I like both of these hilts, I REALLY love the Temple saber: everything from the split dual emitter shroud to the sleek handle to the awesome color scheme.  Just beautiful!

As for the cube...it reminds me of the mural that was featured in Season 4 of Rebels...but then the color(s)...while I am focused upon the gray color, I would have to say Ahsoka (especially since she ***SPOILERS*** was saved by Ezra using that portal).  But then, the purple color evinces me of Mace Windu...

OK, I give up.  I guess that I'll have to be patient and wait&see  Smiley

Point FT!

Hello Dutch, thank you also. I really liked the Temple hilt myself because I was amazed how such a simple shape could work so well. And it lent itself to make the staff version too.
Regarding the cube I'm afraid you are a bit off with your guesses but the purple colour is  important along with the patterns you can see in it   Roll Eyes (They look like the person's costume)

Thanks to both of you for the comments and points are in the way to you both.

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #941 on: September 14, 2019, 07:09:37 PM »

LOL  I'm not even going to try to guess, but I wanted to say I love that temple saber.   Simple and elegant.  :-)

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #942 on: September 14, 2019, 07:35:00 PM »

LOL  I'm not even going to try to guess, but I wanted to say I love that temple saber.   Simple and elegant.  :-)

Hello Karmack, that's OK the mystery character is quite new to the saga, some people may not even have seen the person yet! I'm glad you liked my Temple hilt. I have posted it before but I wanted to show off my new cloth simulation technique and need a model to pose on the display.

Thanks again.

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #943 on: September 17, 2019, 10:32:53 PM »

WELL DONE on the Temple Saber, point to you.

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Enigma AB; Exile CG w/sd; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #944 on: September 18, 2019, 08:56:24 AM »

WELL DONE on the Temple Saber, point to you.

Hello MavRick, hope you're well.

Thanks for the kind comment, I was really pleased how "Temple" turned out and by folk's reaction to it. What I like about it is that because it is "simple" it turned out to be versatile - with just a few tweaks it can be configured into Light, Gray or Darkside versions so it has something to attract it to everyone.

The good news is I have a few more designs yet to show you all including two hilts for the "Mystery Guest" and even better some of my next designs will either be animated or showcased in a video!

point on it's way and thanks again.

Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: