Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 448462 times)
For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #1005 on: October 14, 2019, 09:28:19 PM »

I WANT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     Replace the red with yellow, that's all I ask!   LOL

Hello Karmack, er yellow? This isn't a Pittsburgh Steelers request is it? I'll have to post the pic shortly I just shut Blender down! (Be about 15-mins ok)

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1006 on: October 14, 2019, 09:33:13 PM »

NGL, the last one looks like it could be a Deadpool Saber

Hi Lady Revan, I have done a Deadpool Katana style hilt about a year ago but can't post it here. This black/red combo does have a Deadpool vibe to it and if I reversed the colours it would look quite a bit like a Guavian Death Squad trooper.

Thanks for looking in and I hope you get your set of four costumes finished.
Point incoming.

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #1007 on: October 14, 2019, 09:38:42 PM »

Hi Lady Revan, I have done a Deadpool Katana style hilt about a year ago but can't post it here. This black/red combo does have a Deadpool vibe to it and if I reversed the colours it would look quite a bit like a Guavian Death Squad trooper.

Thanks for looking in and I hope you get your set of four costumes finished.
Point incoming.

Thanks! I just got a rotary tool (I had a $5 off birthday coupon) to try to build the helmet from scratch. I'm hoping to get to the fabric store soon to pick up the fabrics I need. I also need to drop by the craft store to get the large O-Ring for the cloak (a purse handle). I think I have enough leather vinyl left over for the gloves and bracers. All that's really left for me to order are sintra (for the helmet) and a visor (also for the helmet). I might need a new pair of boots though.

Point incoming!!

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1008 on: October 14, 2019, 09:48:00 PM »

Thanks! I just got a rotary tool (I had a $5 off birthday coupon) to try to build the helmet from scratch.

Hi again, well I am sure with your talent you'll have them finished in no time! And have I missed your birthday? (I don't know the date but hate the idea I missed it anyway  Smiley )

p.s. I'm just waiting to see if I get some money back from my bank for some mis-sold insurance - if I do I may have a few pounds to start my costume shortly.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1009 on: October 14, 2019, 09:51:06 PM »

I WANT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     Replace the red with yellow, that's all I ask!   LOL

Hi Karmack, I have your requested colour scheme done.
Here it is...

Hope this works for you, can I take a break now please?

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #1010 on: October 14, 2019, 09:55:54 PM »

Hi again, well I am sure with your talent you'll have them finished in no time! And have I missed your birthday? (I don't know the date but hate the idea I missed it anyway  Smiley )

p.s. I'm just waiting to see if I get some money back from my bank for some mis-sold insurance - if I do I may have a few pounds to start my costume shortly.

Nah, it hasn't happened yet. The hardware store gave me a coupon to use within the month though. My real birthday level-up day is the 28th of October.

Oooo! Good luck with that! I look forward to seeing your costume once you're able to start building.

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1011 on: October 14, 2019, 10:03:42 PM »

Nah, it hasn't happened yet. The hardware store gave me a coupon to use within the month though. My real birthday level-up day is the 28th of October.

Oooo! Good luck with that! I look forward to seeing your costume once you're able to start building.

Thanks I got that marked in my diary now!

I know how to use a sewing machine but don't have one so I am going to ask a company here in the UK if they will do a custom outfit for me (based on Qui-Gon as I have a passing resemblance). I just need to get some samples of the fabrics they use, I heard the store had changed from a poly/cotton looking material to some that looks more like a medium weight textured linen. Anyway when I have further news I'll definitely let you know, and thanks again.

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #1012 on: October 14, 2019, 11:01:44 PM »

Here it is...

WOOT!   Love it!  Thank yoU!

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1013 on: October 15, 2019, 01:41:26 PM »

Here it is...

Anyone else getting this vibe?

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Bob Loblaw
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 102

« Reply #1014 on: October 15, 2019, 02:25:32 PM »

Anyone else getting this vibe?

Good call!

I can only see this:

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1015 on: October 15, 2019, 04:16:25 PM »

Good call!

I can only see this:

As much love as I have for Sir Edward, this is all I think when I think of his guitar

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #1016 on: October 15, 2019, 08:21:38 PM »

Hi chalion....

I could but I don't know how long it would take  Roll Eyes Will this do?

Glad you like the hilt, point on it's way back to you!

Very close, close enough to work for me. Point back again. (when i'm allowed).

I may have to get another Dark Graflex to do a red accent version.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1017 on: October 15, 2019, 08:23:42 PM »

Hi guys,

Thanks Karmack, glad you approve (luckily it was a quick tweak to the texture setting so didn't take long to complete).

And to Logos and Bob Loblaw, this EVH version of Obi-Wan's hilt was definitely inspired in my mind by the red, white and black Frankenstrat! As I mentioned I did make a hilt using the "Other Guys" designer and photoshopped the Frankenstrat pattern below onto the leather handgrip (obviously I can't post the saber here but I featured it in a post on my site back on 23rd Feb....2017!) It was in serious need of a redesign!
Image Copyright Eddie Van Halen.

Thanks all for the comments and support and points incoming.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1018 on: October 15, 2019, 08:26:44 PM »

Very close, close enough to work for me. Point back again. (when i'm allowed).

I may have to get another Dark Graflex to do a red accent version.

Hello chalion, thank you my friend. Did you want a less glossy colour for the accents? Let me know and I'll see what I can do to tone the colour down.
(And a red accented Graflex?....now there's an idea....I have a Dark Graflex coming up soon......)

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #1019 on: October 15, 2019, 08:47:53 PM »

Hello chalion, thank you my friend. Did you want a less glossy colour for the accents? Let me know and I'll see what I can do to tone the colour down.
(And a red accented Graflex?....now there's an idea....I have a Dark Graflex coming up soon......)

A less glossy red............hmm. That may get it closer, but maybe a little darker red too.

On the Dark Graflex. I have one I hand painted the hex screw heads, recharge port nut and the grooves on the switch clamp in 6110 classic gold liquid leaf. Seeing the Guardian version of yours in black twigged the red contrast in my eyes. If I get another Dark Graflex OR another Graflex CE/SE, I may get some kryoline umbra or dark burgundy (maybe dark primer red, if it looks close enough). But with spray paints in stead, the brush strokes annoy me, lol.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: