Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 448367 times)
For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #1065 on: November 01, 2019, 05:24:35 PM »

OMG! The Spidey and Venom sabers are my top 5 now! Great design there, For
Love these!

Hi Infinit and Psycho, so glad you liked my Arachnids! Spidey has always been my favourite superhero (and I'd just watched SM-3 with Venom in it) so it seemed time that I did a proper tribute to the webslinger.

I think my new webbing technique really gave the hilt that bit Extra! But I had a heck of a job sweeping the cobwebs away afterwards, they're like sand and get everywhere!

points on the way!

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1066 on: November 01, 2019, 08:01:03 PM »

You sure did the webs justice

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1067 on: November 01, 2019, 08:05:33 PM »

Hellooooo Everybodies!

I love the attention to detail on the blade plug. +1

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #1068 on: November 01, 2019, 11:04:12 PM »

Personally, I prefer the shroud-less hilts, with those micro windows. Really catches the eye. 1/16th x 1/8th inch rectangular windows all around the emitter. 

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1069 on: November 01, 2019, 11:38:05 PM »

I love the attention to detail on the blade plug. +1

Hi Logos, I am happy how the plug turned out as it is also fully 3D modeled. I duplicated the pommel cap design and scaled it down to fit the emitter then enabled the blade to shine through the gaps in the web model.

Personally, I prefer the shroud-less hilts, with those micro windows. Really catches the eye. 1/16th x 1/8th inch rectangular windows all around the emitter. 

And hello chalion, in Blender you can set the software to use Imperial, Metric by default or Blender's own measurement unit. This is so that a 3D model can be built then the resulting file can be converted to an .stl file which is a standard file type for 3D printers to read. You then load the .stl file into the printer and set the printer to read the measurement units used as either Metric, Imperial or read Blender units as either (i.e. 1 Blender unit = 1in).

In my case I just use Blender's measurement units.

Thanks again to both of you for the support and points on their way to you both.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1070 on: November 08, 2019, 08:34:56 PM »

Hello Everybody,

Just a teaser of a new saber design I have coming up soon...

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1071 on: November 09, 2019, 09:30:47 PM »

Hello Everybody,

It is Saturday again so that means a new saber. This time I have a Blender remake of a saber I made a model of back in 2016 using some other software which wasn't as good as Blender. I also venture to the Orient with this design, this is my (New) Dark Dragon Saber...

And a final shorter two part hilt...

You may have noticed this hilt doesn't have a visible activation switch, this is because I imagined this saber to have a touch panel type sensor hidden within the Dragon logo design. Having a touch sensor I thought would help to make the hilt easier to grip anywhere along the hilt without the switch housing getting in the way (giving more grip options)

I have a few other designs in this series including the lightside version and one I call Sasayki Shi. Thanks for checking this Dragon out.

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #1072 on: November 11, 2019, 02:19:08 PM »

Hello Everybody,

It is Saturday again so that means a new saber. This time I have a Blender remake of a saber I made a model of back in 2016 using some other software which wasn't as good as Blender. I also venture to the Orient with this design, this is my (New) Dark Dragon Saber...

And a final shorter two part hilt...

You may have noticed this hilt doesn't have a visible activation switch, this is because I imagined this saber to have a touch panel type sensor hidden within the Dragon logo design. Having a touch sensor I thought would help to make the hilt easier to grip anywhere along the hilt without the switch housing getting in the way (giving more grip options)

I have a few other designs in this series including the lightside version and one I call Sasayki Shi. Thanks for checking this Dragon out.

So I've been playing For Honor again and I'm getting some serious Wu-Lin vibes, I love it!

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1073 on: November 11, 2019, 03:46:49 PM »

I love the "etching", For!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1074 on: November 11, 2019, 04:35:34 PM »

So I've been playing For Honor again and I'm getting some serious Wu-Lin vibes, I love it!
Hi Psycho, I'm afraid I'm not the biggest gaming expert I just had to do a quick Google search to find info on this game. It sounds good but my laptop just isn't built for gaming! I have a funny story about this saber and how I "copied it" but I will have to send you it via PM if you want to hear it.

I love the "etching", For!
Hi Infinit, thank you very much but I can't really take all the credit for the etch, it was an image I found online that I modified to use as a "transparent texture". I cut out the white background then added the texture onto the hilt handle and for some reason it looked much more 3D on a curved surface. Here is the flat unedited image I used...

Thanks to both of you for your comments and a points on the way.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1075 on: November 11, 2019, 05:39:05 PM »

Hey there, For. I love it nonetheless and I'm not just saying that because I'm Asian Wink

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1076 on: November 11, 2019, 07:28:11 PM »

Hey there, For. I love it nonetheless and I'm not just saying that because I'm Asian Wink

Thanks Inifinit. I had a small inkling that you would have liked my katana styled hilts. My early ones I can't post here (Other Guys issues  Roll Eyes ) but I'll send you a PM with a few links to my website so you can see one I designed for a mutual friend of ours!

Bob Loblaw
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 102

« Reply #1077 on: November 11, 2019, 08:13:00 PM »

Awesome!
Sith Empire logo tsuba with a red dragon would be pretty sweet too though...

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1078 on: November 11, 2019, 08:28:08 PM »

Awesome!

Hi and thanks Bob! I think I could modify one to your specs! I have a couple more katana already lined up (including a Red Dragon embellished one) but I'll work on it.

Now if I could just work out how to model a silk Ito wrapping.... Roll Eyes

point on it's way to you.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1079 on: November 12, 2019, 12:20:26 AM »

Awesome!

Hi Bob, i was right! It was possible to modify Dark Dragon...Here you go a couple of pictures...

So something something Sith like this?

Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: