Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 449915 times)
HanSolo Voltron
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 67

« Reply #1125 on: December 02, 2019, 03:07:57 AM »

I'd love to see Boba wield that!

Sabers: Scorpion Tri-AB, lite.  Chosen One SE Tri-BR, v4 sound.  Dark Initiate LE V5, Emerald w v4 sound.  Apprentice v5 LE staff SRD, v4 sound.  Spectre, Diamond.  Manticore PO, v4 sound.  Archon v2.1, Emerald w v4 sound.
Wish list: 1.  Graflex CE  2.  Emperor's Hand 3. Fallen of some kind (undecided).  4.  Princess of some kind (undecided)

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1558

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #1126 on: December 02, 2019, 04:04:58 AM »

I'd love to see Boba wield that!

Hi HanSolo, thanks I'd love to see just one of my designs either built or used in a Star Wars film. Sadly with the films allegedly taking a hiatus after Rise of Skywalker I can't see my designs featuring in a film and I'll just have to wait till I can afford a 3D printer (or get one sent to a 3D Print Hub company) to get one built.

BTW I really like your new Apprentice V5 staff...very nice setup with SRD!
point on the way for you.

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 601

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #1127 on: December 03, 2019, 11:00:39 PM »

Nice Boba saber.  Grin
I find your designs almost requiring me to give you a point.  Wink Good job.

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel;
Ordered: Exile CG w/sd; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

HanSolo Voltron
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 67

« Reply #1128 on: December 04, 2019, 03:20:31 AM »

Hi HanSolo, thanks I'd love to see just one of my designs either built or used in a Star Wars film. Sadly with the films allegedly taking a hiatus after Rise of Skywalker I can't see my designs featuring in a film and I'll just have to wait till I can afford a 3D printer (or get one sent to a 3D Print Hub company) to get one built.

BTW I really like your new Apprentice V5 staff...very nice setup with SRD!
point on the way for you.

Thanks For!  I've been excited for that for awhile.  Like I mentioned to Infiniti, the LE and SRD combo just looks right to me.  I barely considered any other color.  I bet SRD would be a great color for the Boba blade too! I hope you get that printer someday!  Your designs would look sick in real life!

Sabers: Scorpion Tri-AB, lite.  Chosen One SE Tri-BR, v4 sound.  Dark Initiate LE V5, Emerald w v4 sound.  Apprentice v5 LE staff SRD, v4 sound.  Spectre, Diamond.  Manticore PO, v4 sound.  Archon v2.1, Emerald w v4 sound.
Wish list: 1.  Graflex CE  2.  Emperor's Hand 3. Fallen of some kind (undecided).  4.  Princess of some kind (undecided)

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1129 on: December 04, 2019, 05:36:06 AM »

Nice Boba saber.  Grin
I find your designs almost requiring me to give you a point.  Wink Good job.

Hi MavRick, thanks very much I'm glad I impressed you. I have a few bespoke original hilts not connected to any particular character I'm working on so they should be interesting seeing who you all think should use them.

HanSolo Voltron wrote:
Thanks For!  I've been excited for that for awhile.  Like I mentioned to Infiniti, the LE and SRD combo just looks right to me.  I barely considered any other color.  I bet SRD would be a great color for the Boba blade too! I hope you get that printer someday!  Your designs would look sick in real life!

I will work on an SRD Boba hilt and send you the picture....and hopefully a 3D printed saber will come in the near future!

Thanks as always to both of you for the continued support. Points in return.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1130 on: December 08, 2019, 02:38:50 AM »

Hello Everybody,

It's Saturday evening (well Sunday morning for me!) and it's time for my new saber designs and today I have a matching pair of hilts to display! A few months back I saw a promo teaser image in Vanity Fair and it triggered my imagination and I knew I had to create something for this mystery character, so here is Blissfull Sabers...

Here is the promo image:

Now I originally saw a picture that just showed Zorii Bliss from the waist up and only saw what I thought was a pommel (which turned out to be the butt of a pistol) so designed this straight hilt...

However I saw another full sized copy of the image and discovered the "pistol grips" were the handles of some curved blasters (?). I just had to modify the straight hilt and give them a bend and here is the result...

I did want to make the bend much smoother and less angular but that would mean dividing the model into a lot more parts which my laptop would have to process. So I only used a few bend points to achieve the look. However I did manage to replicate the helmet shape and visor into the emitter section, I gave the switches a retro art deco look (I based them on rotary volume knobs of an old 1920's to 40's radio). The handgrips have a similar etching to that on Zorii's belt, bodysuit and bicep bands. Finally I modeled the pommels on art deco decorations such as plinths and pillars with the rounded geometric tops found in dance halls of big bands of the day. I figured that would work as Zorii does look a little like "The Rocketeer" (released in 1991 by...Disney) and King of the Rocketmen (a 1949 matinee style serial show).

I think that just about wraps up the details for this set of sabers, I hope you liked them. Thanks for looking in and all the support. Till next time...

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1131 on: December 08, 2019, 06:31:04 PM »

Great work on those sabers, For! As stated, I love Gold! Can't go wrong with this!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1132 on: December 09, 2019, 08:54:49 AM »

Hi Infinit,

Glad you like them, they turned out quite well but I did have some really strong visual inspiration to work with and from. The fact that burgundy, black and gold compliment each other so well really helped along with the strong Art Deco feel. Because they used an art style like this made it easier for me to include the details on the pommel and with the etching as we have so many examples of these shapes and patterns already on earth.

Plus I am an aviation fan and the golden age of aerial exploration was during the 20's to 40's so a lot of aviation posters (and airport buildings) had art deco influences. Rocketeers just took those ideas and the era a step forward.

Thanks as always and point on the way. Onto the next design....

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #1133 on: December 09, 2019, 07:43:28 PM »

Great stuff as always For! Haven't been able to look in for a while with real life stuff, but wow some of these hilts - the Boba Fett and Blissful in particular very well suited to the characters style. Also you work on the backgrounds to show these off is really stepping up, the blissful opening pic with the profile of Zori made it look exactly like a high class ad in Vogue or Vanity Fair. Now the hilts speak for themselves as always but that does add a nice refinement to really show them off.

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1134 on: December 09, 2019, 08:41:57 PM »

Hi Lord_S_Gray,

Good to hear from you again (i hope your RL issues weren't too bad and all is sorted now).

Thanks for the kind words on my work it means a lot to hear that fellow SW fans like what I do. I think I have got a good grip on using the functions of Blender now and as it's name suggests I can now "blend" various techniques to produce some fairly interesting images. The first image I posted is actually made from multiple layers and composited down into one image. I took a promo image of Kerri Russell from another film then I rendered an image of the sabers but left the background transparent, finally i created the text with a transparent background also. Then it was just a matter of stacking the layers!

So thanks again for your comments and a point is on the way to you.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #1135 on: December 09, 2019, 09:07:50 PM »

Hello Everybody,

It's Saturday evening (well Sunday morning for me!) and it's time for my new saber designs and today I have a matching pair of hilts to display! A few months back I saw a promo teaser image in Vanity Fair and it triggered my imagination and I knew I had to create something for this mystery character, so here is Blissfull Sabers...

Here is the promo image:

Now I originally saw a picture that just showed Zorii Bliss from the waist up and only saw what I thought was a pommel (which turned out to be the butt of a pistol) so designed this straight hilt...

However I saw another full sized copy of the image and discovered the "pistol grips" were the handles of some curved blasters (?). I just had to modify the straight hilt and give them a bend and here is the result...

I did want to make the bend much smoother and less angular but that would mean dividing the model into a lot more parts which my laptop would have to process. So I only used a few bend points to achieve the look. However I did manage to replicate the helmet shape and visor into the emitter section, I gave the switches a retro art deco look (I based them on rotary volume knobs of an old 1920's to 40's radio). The handgrips have a similar etching to that on Zorii's belt, bodysuit and bicep bands. Finally I modeled the pommels on art deco decorations such as plinths and pillars with the rounded geometric tops found in dance halls of big bands of the day. I figured that would work as Zorii does look a little like "The Rocketeer" (released in 1991 by...Disney) and King of the Rocketmen (a 1949 matinee style serial show).

I think that just about wraps up the details for this set of sabers, I hope you liked them. Thanks for looking in and all the support. Till next time...
The Rocketeer is a PERFECT analogue!  And these hilts look fantastic; I'm reminded of Ahsoka's dual saber hilts in Rebels with the subtle curvature.  Also: these look like a good "galactic swiss army knife" that Zori would use  Smiley  Add in the color scheme with the purple, gold, and black?  AWESOME!!  And the placement of the multiple buttons/switches really complete the rendering  Cheesy

Keep them coming, For!

Point  Smiley

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1136 on: December 09, 2019, 09:41:35 PM »

Undecided I'm really not sure how I feel about these.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #1137 on: December 09, 2019, 09:50:15 PM »

Hello Everybody,

Here is the promo image:

Got kind of a switchblade vibe. Point for creativity!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1138 on: December 09, 2019, 10:17:15 PM »

Undecided I'm really not sure how I feel about these.

Hi Logos, that's perfectly ok, I have had quite a high hit rate so I can't expect to score with every design! This is really bordering on a "Themed" hilt and not necessarily a bespoke dueling or spinning hilt.

Thanks for checking the design out anyway, maybe the next ones will be better!
-1 point

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1139 on: December 09, 2019, 10:24:48 PM »

The Rocketeer is a PERFECT analogue!  And these hilts look fantastic; I'm reminded of Ahsoka's dual saber hilts in Rebels with the subtle curvature.  Also: these look like a good "galactic swiss army knife" that Zori would use  Smiley  Add in the color scheme with the purple, gold, and black?  AWESOME!!  And the placement of the multiple buttons/switches really complete the rendering  Cheesy

Keep them coming, For!

Point  Smiley

Got kind of a switchblade vibe. Point for creativity!

Hi Dutch and Psycho! Wow you guys over the pond really dig your hard steel blades dont'ya? Yes I guess "Blissfull" does have a bit of a pocket knife vibe now you mention it!
The Rocketeer was quite a strong visual character and as soon as I saw the Leibowitz Vanity Fair promos it struck me. As I mentioned to Infinit01 I am an aviation fan too so watched Rocketeer (and King of the Rocketmen if you remember that far back  Smiley ) and I remembered the art deco styling. It all just came together fortunately.

Thanks again for the comments and don't worry I still have more hilts lined up.
Points to both of you.

Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: