Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 448736 times)
Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #1140 on: December 09, 2019, 10:39:29 PM »

When y’all mention the Rocketeer, do you mean the 1991 movie with Jennifer Connelly and Billy Campbell?  Because that’s all I can think of when you mention it, and the lady in For’s renderings has a uniform that is awfully reminiscent of that.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #1141 on: December 09, 2019, 10:44:35 PM »

When y’all mention the Rocketeer, do you mean the 1991 movie with Jennifer Connelly and Billy Campbell?  Because that’s all I can think of when you mention it, and the lady in For’s renderings has a uniform that is awfully reminiscent of that.

You are exactly correct, Cyclops; that was precisely the movie that I was referring to (for me, it's the helmet  Wink)^^

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #1142 on: December 09, 2019, 10:46:26 PM »

When y’all mention the Rocketeer, do you mean the 1991 movie with Jennifer Connelly and Billy Campbell?  Because that’s all I can think of when you mention it, and the lady in For’s renderings has a uniform that is awfully reminiscent of that.

Hi Cyclops942,

Yes the 1991 Disney (<what a coincidence huh?) production was the film and Rocketeer I was referring to. Here is the poster...(I had a copy on my site!)

There was also a TV serial show that was a bit like the Saturday Morning Matinee cinema serial shows (Zorro, Lone Ranger etc..) called "King of the Rocketmen" too from 1949. I got to see the "King of..." series on an old VHS video compendium tape back in the 80's.

Point to you Cyclops, thanks for the comments and well spotted.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1143 on: December 10, 2019, 12:01:02 PM »

I love that movie when I was a kid!

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #1144 on: December 10, 2019, 03:55:36 PM »

Rocketeer!  Though my favorite was actually the BeeGee racing plane...   :-)

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1145 on: December 10, 2019, 05:48:16 PM »

Hi Cyclops942,

Yes the 1991 Disney (<what a coincidence huh?) production was the film and Rocketeer I was referring to. Here is the poster...(I had a copy on my site!)

There was also a TV serial show that was a bit like the Saturday Morning Matinee cinema serial shows (Zorro, Lone Ranger etc..) called "King of the Rocketmen" too from 1949. I got to see the "King of..." series on an old VHS video compendium tape back in the 80's.

Point to you Cyclops, thanks for the comments and well spotted.
So glad I'm not the only one that saw this blatant ripoff.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #1146 on: December 10, 2019, 11:50:51 PM »

Your Blissful hilts are MOST Impressive! POINT!  Shocked

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Enigma AB; Exile CG w/sd; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1147 on: December 11, 2019, 11:17:12 AM »

Hi Infinit, Karmack and Logos,

@Infinit: I was in my final year at school when Rocketeer came out and only saw it a few years later when it was shown on terrestrial TV. (local station)

@Karmack: I remember the GeeBee racer planes, I used to have fun racing one around Reno in Microsoft Flight Simulator (I installed some scenery that had a racing pylon course). They were fun little planes but tricky to control  Smiley

@Logos: Yes I was amazed when I saw the similarities but I suppose Disney are re-using their own Intellectual Property by recycling the Rocketeer. Still sloppy and lazy creative though.

points all round.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1148 on: December 11, 2019, 12:01:41 PM »

Your Blissful hilts are MOST Impressive! POINT!  Shocked

Thanks MavRick,

Fortunately I had a strong influence to work from, even if Zorii Bliss looks a bit like The Rocketeer as you nay have read^^. I did want to make the bend more smooth but the more you divide a model (to allow it to bend at the joins) the more geometric data the computer has to compute. My laptop isn't all that powerful so I had to compromise a little and just add 4 or 5 bend points. I am going to learn a few new modelling tricks that should help in future.

Glad you liked the hilts anyway, and I have a few more coming soon I hope you'll like
 ... thanks for the nice comments - point on the way!

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1149 on: December 11, 2019, 04:57:29 PM »

@Logos: Yes I was amazed when I saw the similarities but I suppose Disney are re-using their own Intellectual Property by recycling the Rocketeer. Still sloppy and lazy creative though.
I actually wouldn't mind a revamp. With today's CGI, we could be in store for a real treat. But..........that would also mean no Timothy Dalton and no Jennifer Connolly. Cry (DAYUM! she wore that white dress.)

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1150 on: December 15, 2019, 02:39:00 AM »

Hello Everybody,

It's Saturday and also the last one before Rise of Skywalker is released so what better time to debut my next hilt than now? And I know a few people have been eagerly awaiting this one so I hope you all like it. I have been working on and off on this for about 3 months and tweaking bits as I learnt new stuff (I also had to work around my computer's limits) but I succeeded. So here is "Skywalker-Risen"...

In the last picture you might have noticed not one, but TWO crystal chambers AND the top of the control box was partially open...wanna peek inside?...

I even modeled the interior components, a few hex head screws for blade length and power setting adjustment and a few "Power Regulator Capsules" or earth based foil wrapped resistors  Grin

And to finish, Luke built his saber in a cave on Tatooine so I went on location to build mine in a desert planet cave too...

http://youtu.be/xRmMsPiZX5g

And here's the cave...

http://youtu.be/T1e_wuZ0ke0

Sorry the clips were very short but my laptop was seriously overheating whilst rendering the animations to the point it switched off by itself three times  Shocked But hopefully you got to see enough of this hilt. And I hope you all enjoy (or can endure) The Rise of Skywalker if you're going to see it next week.

Thanks for checking this design out and for your continued support.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #1151 on: December 15, 2019, 06:06:24 AM »

Hello Everybody,

It's Saturday and also the last one before Rise of Skywalker is released so what better time to debut my next hilt than now? And I know a few people have been eagerly awaiting this one so I hope you all like it. I have been working on and off on this for about 3 months and tweaking bits as I learnt new stuff (I also had to work around my computer's limits) but I succeeded. So here is "Skywalker-Risen"...

In the last picture you might have noticed not one, but TWO crystal chambers AND the top of the control box was partially open...wanna peek inside?...

I even modeled the interior components, a few hex head screws for blade length and power setting adjustment and a few "Power Regulator Capsules" or earth based foil wrapped resistors  Grin

And to finish, Luke built his saber in a cave on Tatooine so I went on location to build mine in a desert planet cave too...

http://youtu.be/xRmMsPiZX5g

And here's the cave...

http://youtu.be/T1e_wuZ0ke0

Sorry the clips were very short but my laptop was seriously overheating whilst rendering the animations to the point it switched off by itself three times  Shocked But hopefully you got to see enough of this hilt. And I hope you all enjoy (or can endure) The Rise of Skywalker if you're going to see it next week.

Thanks for checking this design out and for your continued support.

Yes!

YES!!

YES!!!

To date the thin-neck Archon is my absolute favorite saber!!  And chock-full of goodies: the green kyber crystal, dual exposable furnaces, the transistors in the activation box, and ALL of it rendered in crystal-clear quality!!

Luke need look no further than here; his lightsaber is waiting for him  Grin

FT, you've outdone yourself my friend!  A point (and as soon as I can another   Wink) for this incredible work!

I have to admit I would love to see a specialized version of this: Arctic Blue crystal&blade, black&silver Archon pommel, and "guts" to match (for clarification: I am NOT making a request FT--you're busy enough as-is  Cheesy--merely wondering aloud as it describes Zearic's lightsaber to a "T"  Smiley

Keep up the awesome work!

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1152 on: December 15, 2019, 08:07:44 AM »

Yes!

YES!!

YES!!!

To date the thin-neck Archon is my absolute favorite saber!!  And chock-full of goodies: the green kyber crystal, dual exposable furnaces, the transistors in the activation box, and ALL of it rendered in crystal-clear quality!!

Luke need look no further than here; his lightsaber is waiting for him  Grin

FT, you've outdone yourself my friend!  A point (and as soon as I can another   Wink) for this incredible work!

I have to admit I would love to see a specialized version of this: Arctic Blue crystal&blade, black&silver Archon pommel, and "guts" to match (for clarification: I am NOT making a request FT--you're busy enough as-is  Cheesy--merely wondering aloud as it describes Zearic's lightsaber to a "T"  Smiley

Keep up the awesome work!

Hello Dutch, first off thanks so much for the kind comments. I have discovered there are many Luke ROTJ Blender models on YouTube but as far as I know mine is the only one that has animated crystal chambers and control box so I felt pretty proud of what I managed to build.

And I sort of had an "Force Vision" that you might ask for a modification so I had this ready and waiting.....

Does Zearic's lightsaber look anything like this by any chance?  Grin Cool
Thanks again for the support and a point is on the way.

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #1153 on: December 15, 2019, 08:44:30 AM »

Hello Dutch, first off thanks so much for the kind comments. I have discovered there are many Luke ROTJ Blender models on YouTube but as far as I know mine is the only one that has animated crystal chambers and control box so I felt pretty proud of what I managed to build.

And I sort of had an "Force Vision" that you might ask for a modification so I had this ready and waiting.....

Does Zearic's lightsaber look anything like this by any chance?  Grin Cool

Honestly I kind of like that colour better than the traditional green. The Cross section look is amazing, you can just imagine the owner medidating with it dis-assembled floating around them!

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #1154 on: December 15, 2019, 01:00:26 PM »

Does Zearic's lightsaber look anything like this by any chance?  Grin Cool
O
   M
       G
          !!!

THAT is EXACTLY what I had in mind for Zearic's lightsaber!!!

"Force Vision" indeed my friend  Grin  Cool

Honestly I kind of like that colour better than the traditional green. The Cross section look is amazing, you can just imagine the owner medidating with it dis-assembled floating around them!
I COMPLETELY agree, LSG!!  I swear that you're both reading my mind as that exact scene has been in my head with that exact lightsaber  Cheesy

Speaking of...
FT, with your permission, would you mind if I include your amazing rendering in an upcoming story?  It's PERFECT!!
...and no hard feelings if you'd prefer I didn't   Wink

Gentlemen, you are both awesome  Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: