Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 448582 times)
Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #1185 on: January 13, 2020, 02:48:21 AM »

Hello challion, Infinit, Lord_S_Gray and Cyclops,

Thanks guys. I am not 100% certain whether I have got this as screen accurate as I thought but the saber changes from different angles and shots. I went mainly from memory and what I saw.

Even if not true to the movie, it's still a great hilt design, in fact probably better!

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1186 on: January 13, 2020, 01:47:51 PM »

What LSG said, it's still a nice design nonetheless

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1187 on: January 13, 2020, 05:56:53 PM »

THIS in a wood-grain is just.....pure sexy. Grin Shocked

Now....to properly Sith this up, use ebony for the wood with nickle accents. Cool

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #1188 on: January 13, 2020, 06:08:36 PM »

Even if not true to the movie, it's still a great hilt design, in fact probably better!

What LSG said, it's still a nice design nonetheless

Thanks once again, but the fact I might have "got it wrong" was bugging me...however, I have done some more investigating and I feel much better now.

I have discovered I was right, in one flashback scene the saber is seen lying on the ground and it can be seen with just 6 ribs/grips. But when Rey has hold of the hilt it seems to have gotten 5 more ribs with tiny holes drilled in at the emitter ends. There should have been 6 extra ribs but one of these newer ribs is missing and you can just see a faded outline where it should have been.(making a total of 11 ribs)

Mystery solved, I was accurate and I have updated my model so I have my original 6 rib version and an 11 rib model!  Cool

Thanks again and hopefully I don't have accuracy issues over my next hilt...but somehow I have a feeling there may be disagreement about Amber and Yellow....

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1189 on: January 13, 2020, 06:12:23 PM »

THIS in a wood-grain is just.....pure sexy. Grin Shocked
Now....to properly Sith this up, use ebony for the wood with nickle accents. Cool

Hi Darth, do you mean you'd like to see the saber with woodgrain on it because this has a metallic/polished texture and the grain effect is actually reflections from the background scenery!

I traveled all the way to Ajan Kloss to get the forest background for these pictures Grin

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1190 on: January 13, 2020, 06:20:38 PM »

Hi Darth, do you mean you'd like to see the saber with woodgrain on it because this has a metallic/polished texture and the grain effect is actually reflections from the background scenery!
No, I mean the concept of the main body being made of wood. And then for the Sith version, using ebony

Then for the metal accents, using nickle. I think the color pairing of ebony and brushed nickle simply drool inducing.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1191 on: January 13, 2020, 06:28:48 PM »

No, I mean the concept of the main body being made of wood. And then for the Sith version, using ebony

Then for the metal accents, using nickle. I think the color pairing of ebony and brushed nickle simply drool inducing.

Ah ok, just checking! I realised when you mentioned woodgrain that the metallic had picked up the reflection the way it had and looked sort of grained.

I am still learning all the little tricks to recreate my own material textures and how they interact with the lighting and backgrounds. You change one slider and it can totally alter the material you're working on.

I'll add a Sith Ebony and Woodgrain finish to my "To Do List", but it may take a while as I have a photo editing project on the go at the moment.
Thanks for the kind comments though.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1192 on: January 13, 2020, 06:30:52 PM »

Ah ok, just checking! I realised when you mentioned woodgrain that the metallic had picked up the reflection the way it had and looked sort of grained.
So it was a happy accident?

I'll add a Sith Ebony and Woodgrain finish to my "To Do List", but it may take a while as I have a photo editing project on the go at the moment.
Thanks for the kind comments though.
Take time and get healthy. My slight wood fetish can wait. Wink

Sig by For Tyeth

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1193 on: January 13, 2020, 06:38:48 PM »

Hi again,

You'd be surprised how many Bob Ross moments happen when using this 3D software, it's partly why I stopped using the online "Virtual Saber" designers that are available. Eventually you run out of part combinations and then run out of inspiration.

All the little mishaps in Blender can teach you new tricks or lead to new designs.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #1194 on: January 16, 2020, 04:39:36 PM »

SPOILERS --- SPOILERS    SPOILERS --- SPOILERS

Ok I have said over the past couple of weeks that I had TWO very special (and in one case controversial) lightsabers that I have modeled from the new movie so if you haven't seen it yet then I don't mind if you stop reading this post now! If you have seen the film and would like to see what I consider one of the nicer sabers designed for the newer SW films then read on as I present "Leia's Knightsaber"

As soon as I got home from the cinema on Dec 20th I wanted to build these new additions and I did. I built base models of them within 36 hours but couldn't post images as I didn't want to spoil anything for anyone. I did send a few "preview" images and pre-renders to some friends here who have given me fantastic feedback on my modeling (thanks to you all) BUT here we go with the full colour gallery...

(Thanks for the advice on thickening the neck section TJ)

I also wondered what would have happened had Vader broken down Leia during A New Hope on the Death Star, would she have turned? We know the answer but here is how I imagine the saber might have turned out..

And finally, (I hope this works, I dislike trying to post YT videos  Undecided) I have a little tribute video I threw together. I apologise it isn't the greatest but with limited resources and time I did my best...here is Princess, General, Jedi, LEGEND....LEIA....

http://youtu.be/jpht9x7PGYI

OK thanks for looking in on this build and I hope I avoided bringing a tear to Cyclops' eye! Thanks also for all the BTS feedback on this and my next design, it has been immensely helpful.
P.S. Yes this is the planet Ajan Kloss where I did the photoshoot... Grin

Wow FT, these hilt designs are inspired!  Your artistry is phenomenal and you don't disappoint here!  And I have to admit: the "dark" version of Leia's saber is my favorite ESPECIALLY paired with the BR blade  Smiley

Now THIS would be an interesting texture combo; I'd love to see what FT can do with it!

Point(s)!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1195 on: January 16, 2020, 07:21:17 PM »

Wow FT, these hilt designs are inspired!  Your artistry is phenomenal and you don't disappoint here!  And I have to admit: the "dark" version of Leia's saber is my favorite ESPECIALLY paired with the BR blade  Smiley
Now THIS would be an interesting texture combo; I'd love to see what FT can do with it!

Point(s)!

Hi Dutch! I am just really pleased I was able to do the hilt justice and honour Carrie at the same time. I was lucky that I had an image to use for the environment/background that looked like Ajan Kloss (or Endor) as that helped set the saber off and look more realistic with the reflections it created.

And speaking of textures, I'll add the Ebony and Nickle combo to my ever growing list of to do jobs....but I will get round to it! (Just finishing the animations for Rey's new toy coming this weekend!)

point for the kind comment.

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #1196 on: January 16, 2020, 08:06:04 PM »

I'm slow getting in here, but For I wanted to add my accolades.  Your version of Leia's saber is superb, and the variations on it are excellent.

As a saber, I would worry about a double thin neck design, but I would love to see a US version of this hilt.  Your version is excellent. :-)

Though I think I would LOVE to see a version of your "dark" variant with gold and copper highlights instead of silver, and an orange blade... ;-)

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1197 on: January 16, 2020, 08:09:11 PM »

I'm slow getting in here, but For I wanted to add my accolades.  Your version of Leia's saber is superb, and the variations on it are excellent.

As a saber, I would worry about a double thin neck design, but I would love to see a US version of this hilt.  Your version is excellent. :-)

Though I think I would LOVE to see a version of your "dark" variant with gold and copper highlights instead of silver, and an orange blade... ;-)
What do you mean by "double thin neck"?

Sig by For Tyeth

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #1198 on: January 16, 2020, 09:09:55 PM »

The neck of the saber is longer.   It has nice "collar" section but it looks like two Archon V3 emitters stacked on top of each other.  So visually it has two thin necks, not one.  I suppose it could be one neck with a ring around it for some reason, but it looked to me more like it was two separate pieces.

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1199 on: January 16, 2020, 09:28:39 PM »

The neck of the saber is longer.   It has nice "collar" section but it looks like two Archon V3 emitters stacked on top of each other.  So visually it has two thin necks, not one.  I suppose it could be one neck with a ring around it for some reason, but it looked to me more like it was two separate pieces.
Like these?

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: