Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 450008 times)
Tazflyr
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 142

« Reply #1215 on: January 18, 2020, 10:43:50 PM »

Please keep us updated as how the "negotiations" (not aggressive negotiations, I hope) go? I mean it, I love how you've done your's. Folks have been slamming the net with their versions but I like your's the best!

Aeon LE v4, Guardian Blue (Mystery Box)
Dark Sentinel v5 (Emerald)
The Fallen, Bane's Heart
Grandmaster, Diamond
SI Battle saber, SRD
Dark Apprentice LEv4, Red

Wish List
Emperor's Hand
Azure Savior & Butcher
Dominix v3

When I die, don't let my wife sell my sabers & guitars for what I told her I paid for them, please.

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #1216 on: January 20, 2020, 01:25:58 AM »

Ditto!   And if you need any help with 'aggressive negotiations' I may know a guy...    *whistles a battle tune*

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1217 on: January 20, 2020, 12:35:44 PM »

Rey's new saber tho.... Love it, For! You have done it again, points incoming

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1218 on: January 20, 2020, 05:39:09 PM »

I have many mixed feelings about this saber. More good than bad.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #1219 on: January 20, 2020, 05:41:54 PM »

Really like the wrap on this one. Plus that yellow blade is just beautiful. +1

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1220 on: January 20, 2020, 05:43:08 PM »

Really like the wrap on this one. Plus that yellow blade is just beautiful. +1
Asking me? Nothing wrong with For's render. Just the hilt itself.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #1221 on: January 20, 2020, 05:44:08 PM »

Asking me? Nothing wrong with For's render. Just the hilt itself.

No - i was just referring to For's render. I havent seen him do many wrap grips and i liked it. It helps that I myself do really enjoy the saber as well.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1222 on: January 20, 2020, 05:53:07 PM »

No - i was just referring to For's render. I havent seen him do many wrap grips and i liked it. It helps that I myself do really enjoy the saber as well.
Hmm. Don't know why I read a question in your response.

Sig by For Tyeth

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1558

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #1223 on: January 20, 2020, 07:38:06 PM »

Hi Guys,

I really like that this hilt is bringing out such differing opinion, I think it shows I must have gotten pretty close to the original, thanks everyone!

In the UK there is a beef extract spread called "Marmite" and it has such a unique taste/texture that the manufacturer gave it the tag line "Marmite...you either love it or you hate it!" This saber is just the same, some folks love the concept and others hate it and the colour of the blade.
I was lucky as I predicted on my website back in Sept of 2016 that Rey would build her own saber from parts of her staff so I was comfortable with the idea (I even built a 3D model using ahem, the "other guys"  online app) Fortunately I could do a much better job in Blender.

And finally to Psycho, you make a good point, so far I have only done 4 wrapped hilts..I hadn't realised that but making realistic wraps and leather in Blender took me a bit of time to learn.

So to finish I'll leave you with a couple of pictures of my initial build without the wrap and you'll see why it needed one (But I did add a power level indicator light!)

Points on the way for all the comments, thanks Infinit, Logos and Psycho.

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #1224 on: January 20, 2020, 08:26:54 PM »

I had hoped she would end up with a yellow blade myself, but I didn't predict it.  Just hoped for it.   :-)   And honestly, I always thought she'd end up with a saber staff after carrying her own fighting staff for three movies.   But hey, what do I know?   LOL

Love the renders, For!  Who knows?  Maybe US will pick up on or two.   I would predict that Leia's saber in particular would be popular, its a very neat and tidy design.  Rey's is more "salvage" feel, which fits entirely, but its actually much harder to make from machined parts and turn on a lathe.  :-)

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1225 on: January 20, 2020, 08:59:58 PM »

I had hoped she would end up with a yellow blade myself, but I didn't predict it.  Just hoped for it.   :-)   And honestly, I always thought she'd end up with a saber staff after carrying her own fighting staff for three movies.   But hey, what do I know?   LOL

Love the renders, For!  Who knows?  Maybe US will pick up on or two.   I would predict that Leia's saber in particular would be popular, its a very neat and tidy design.  Rey's is more "salvage" feel, which fits entirely, but its actually much harder to make from machined parts and turn on a lathe.  :-)

Hi Karmack, thanks once more. Those negotiations are going well thanks and hopefully in a month or two I may be in a better position to expand my capabilities....

One thing I did get wrong with my prediction on Rey's sabers was that she made two hilts, cutting both ends off the staff and they had Purple and Green blades. I just chose those colours as they were complimentary and I did create the hilts before Disney messed the Kyber Canon lore up!
But I do wonder if Disney read my blog as I also mentioned "bleeding" a crystal before it was a thing in another post.

Glad you liked the Crown. Point on the way for your comment!

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 602

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #1226 on: January 21, 2020, 11:45:10 PM »

Tyeth, Forgive my absence.  Wink
 Now that I am caught up.  I really like your Leia and Rey sabers !! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Wow!! IMPRESSIVE; MOST IMPRESSIVE!! Once again you have outdone yourself and raised the bar. Point to you, good Sir. MTFBWY!

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel;
Ordered: Exile CG w/sd; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1227 on: January 22, 2020, 12:23:49 AM »

Tyeth, Forgive my absence.  Wink
 Now that I am caught up.  I really like your Leia and Ray sabers !! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Wow!! IMPRESSIVE; MOST IMPRESSIVE!! Once again you have outdone yourself and raised the bar. Point to you, good Sir. MTFBWY!

Hi MavRick,

No need to apologise, I know real life and "Adulting" can get in the way of Forum life. I have been a little bit stretched for time myself as some "ghosts of my past" have recently contacted me wanting me to join their chat group because they want my expertise (if you can call it that) in designing sabers for them using some "Other Parts System". Curious and concerning huh?

But on more positive matters, I am so glad you liked the final installments in my Rise of Skywalker collection with "Rey's Crown" and "Leia's Knightsaber" hilts. As soon as I saw them in the movie I knew I had to build them too.
I am going to have a problem now because with the Skywalker Saga ending I'm gonna have to expand my search for inspiration to further reaches of the galaxy....
Oh well it's going to be an adventure!

So I hope your life issues aren't too serious and MTFBWY also and a point of appreciation!

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1228 on: January 22, 2020, 12:04:59 PM »

I'm enjoying the direction that you're going with these sabers, For. I geek out not only on the designs but on the materials that you mimic and I have to agree that they are really close to the real thing. 

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1229 on: January 23, 2020, 06:08:16 PM »

Hello Infinit, I am now getting to grips with the functions of Blender that allow me to create my own "virtual textures" or materials, along with the use on photographic backgrounds to provide lighting effects. Using the photo backgrounds really bring the models to "life". Point on it's way to you and thanks.

Now....I think I will just leave this here, I made it in the last 12 hours. Do you guys and gals reckon I should develop it a bit more?.... Roll Eyes

"CW7-AM7 Staff"

p.s. I have already textured and completed this staff and it will be posted here in the near future! Stay tuned.

Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: