Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 440806 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1260 on: January 27, 2020, 04:51:38 PM »

@Logos: Thanks for the tip I'll try that, it's just really difficult to get any contrast to show off the grain with black and charcoal being so dark and close to each other.
That's alright. If you can do it, great; if not, no big deal. You got me thinking on a phenomenal material mix though.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #1261 on: January 27, 2020, 06:26:08 PM »

That's alright. If you can do it, great; if not, no big deal. You got me thinking on a phenomenal material mix though.

Hi Logos...this ebony material was bugging me so I dived back into working on it and I think I may just have something....how's this?

I created this by using a generated texture (in other words I created the texture by mixing the built in textures in Blender - these are called shaders and they can be used to project colour, light emission, images and Bump Mapping) By combining a colour shader and an image shader that creates random lines I was able to get a grain-like look. It is subtle and basic but sort of works. This means there are no photographic textures pasted onto the model the "ebony" is all generated within Blender.

I also "polished" the aluminium a little bit too.

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #1262 on: January 27, 2020, 06:28:23 PM »

Hi Logos...this ebony material was bugging me so I dived back into working on it and I think I may just have something....how's this?

I created this by using a generated texture (in other words I created the texture by mixing the built in textures in Blender - these are called shaders and they can be used to project colour, light emission, images and Bump Mapping) By combining a colour shader and an image shader that creates random lines I was able to get a grain-like look. It is subtle and basic but sort of works. I also "polished" the aluminium a little bit too.

I need 5.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1263 on: January 27, 2020, 06:37:00 PM »

Wow Psycho you only just gave me chance to finish typing!  Grin

I am either gonna buy a metal printing 3D printer myself so I can produce these things or I'm gonna see about sending my models to a Print Hub facility and get them manufactured. I'm getting tired of my ideas sitting on a laptop doing nothing.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1264 on: January 27, 2020, 06:46:44 PM »

I created this by using a generated texture (in other words I created the texture by mixing the built in textures in Blender - these are called shaders and they can be used to project colour, light emission, images and Bump Mapping) By combining a colour shader and an image shader that creates random lines I was able to get a grain-like look. It is subtle and basic but sort of works. This means there are no photographic textures pasted onto the model the "ebony" is all generated within Blender.

I also "polished" the aluminium a little bit too.
SPLOOSH!

"I'll take a dozen." That is incredibly sexy. I would actually have said that is a polished nickel finish.

NOW, contact Emory, and get this in the works.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1265 on: January 27, 2020, 06:52:58 PM »

Hi Logos,

Thanks, originally the silver material was a brushed/textured metal but I took the roughness value out so that the metal looked polished.

I'd love to see one of my hilts taken onboard by US but as you've seen from the Empress, they seem to be on top of things and probably have a Leia hilt ready to reveal.

But when I get a printer I'll make sure to hook you up with one of these (not sure whether it would be metallic though  Undecided )

Thanks again, now I had best get back to designing some FT Originals.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1266 on: January 27, 2020, 07:17:40 PM »

Hi Logos,

Thanks, originally the silver material was a brushed/textured metal but I took the roughness value out so that the metal looked polished.
It's glorious.

Sig by For Tyeth

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1267 on: January 28, 2020, 12:37:04 PM »

I like the silver and black version of Leia's hilt but her bronze and silver hilt is my favorite.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1268 on: January 28, 2020, 01:32:56 PM »

I like the silver and black version of Leia's hilt but her bronze and silver hilt is my favorite.

Hi there Infinit, I prefer the rose gold/bronze and silver version too...I just had the thought in my head as I built it which was, "What if Leia had been broken by Vader's torture whilst on the Death Star in ANH?" and made the Darkside model. I usually make a light and dark version of most of my hilts just to see what they turn out like.

And then there are the colour requests from Karmack, Dutch and Logos! (They like to keep me busy  Grin)
Point on the way as always...when the 24hrs is up from yesterday's point!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1269 on: February 08, 2020, 02:18:24 PM »

Hello Everybody,

Today marks the beginning of my next era in Blender model building as I have been UPGRADED! I now have the latest version of Blender and it allows me to build a model in the 3D workspace but then it allows me to add the materials and textures in real time from the same workspace making modelling and texturing seamless and quicker. Not only that but Blender also lets you morph/modify parts with the textures on view so you don't have to switch between views if you stretch a part then want to view how it looks rendered. Basically it is full WYSIWYG (or What You See Is What You Get).
I installed the new Blender and within 30 mins I had built a test hilt to try the software out. This is what I came up with...(just off the top of my head)…

It is a basic hilt so I tried making a staff and it worked...

I can't believe how good Blender is! This, as I mentioned, was 30-40 mins of work and that included familiarising myself with the new user interface/functions. And the icing on the cake....the quality of the final rendered images! Blender has now been programmed with a "Despeckle" function based on the technology Disney/Pixar use and it gets rid of all the grainy textures and little dots of stray light. As a result the images are pin sharp now and the function also speeds up the time to produce the image, before one picture took 30-40 seconds to compile...now it takes 3-5 secs an image!

I have a feeling I'm going to have fun with this new setup! Thanks for looking in on this quick update.

Tazflyr
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 142

« Reply #1270 on: February 08, 2020, 05:13:19 PM »

OH DAMN For!! Flipping WOWOW!
More more more! You nailed the textures!
And ftr...I love that saber. Its quite similar to one that Ive been trying to complete using asp stuff.

Aeon LE v4, Guardian Blue (Mystery Box)
Dark Sentinel v5 (Emerald)
The Fallen, Bane's Heart
Grandmaster, Diamond
SI Battle saber, SRD
Dark Apprentice LEv4, Red

Wish List
Emperor's Hand
Azure Savior & Butcher
Dominix v3

When I die, don't let my wife sell my sabers & guitars for what I told her I paid for them, please.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1271 on: February 08, 2020, 09:50:06 PM »

OH DAMN For!! Flipping WOWOW!
More more more! You nailed the textures!
And ftr...I love that saber. Its quite similar to one that Ive been trying to complete using "Other Guy's Moduar" stuff.

Hi Tazflyr, you're very kind but I have to say a lot of the heavy lifting was done by the software! Blender has really been amped up and the "Denoiser" function works amazingly straight out of the box. I can even load an old image that I had rendered before and apply the new filter retrospectively and it would still work.

Thanks again and a point on the way.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1272 on: February 10, 2020, 02:00:25 PM »

I like it. Simple, elegant, to the point. +1

Sig by For Tyeth

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #1273 on: February 10, 2020, 02:16:37 PM »

Hello Everybody,

Today marks the beginning of my next era in Blender model building as I have been UPGRADED! I now have the latest version of Blender and it allows me to build a model in the 3D workspace but then it allows me to add the materials and textures in real time from the same workspace making modelling and texturing seamless and quicker. Not only that but Blender also lets you morph/modify parts with the textures on view so you don't have to switch between views if you stretch a part then want to view how it looks rendered. Basically it is full WYSIWYG (or What You See Is What You Get).
I installed the new Blender and within 30 mins I had built a test hilt to try the software out. This is what I came up with...(just off the top of my head)…

It is a basic hilt so I tried making a staff and it worked...

I can't believe how good Blender is! This, as I mentioned, was 30-40 mins of work and that included familiarising myself with the new user interface/functions. And the icing on the cake....the quality of the final rendered images! Blender has now been programmed with a "Despeckle" function based on the technology Disney/Pixar use and it gets rid of all the grainy textures and little dots of stray light. As a result the images are pin sharp now and the function also speeds up the time to produce the image, before one picture took 30-40 seconds to compile...now it takes 3-5 secs an image!

I have a feeling I'm going to have fun with this new setup! Thanks for looking in on this quick update.

Impressive work in an hour! Point!

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1274 on: February 10, 2020, 04:21:23 PM »

I'm never disappointed with your work, For

Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print