Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 440756 times)
For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #1275 on: February 10, 2020, 05:03:29 PM »

Hi Logos, Infinit and PsychoSith,

Thanks guys, I have to say I had more fun building this hilt than I should have really! Blender 2.81 is around 6 or 7 versions above the installed version I have been using, and the difference shows. The improvements made to the software mean I can build the model, apply the textures/skins and create the images from the same screen with minimal key presses or screen changes. It really is "What You See Is What You Get" (known as WYSIWYG in the CAD community) so I can build the hilt and make modifications in real time including adding all the glowing FX.
And the inclusion of the new "DeNoiser" function makes all my images less fuzzy and speckled.

To show how slick the new Blender is, I have already got two more original base designs (and one has claws) I am slowly porting over my existing designs I haven't posted yet to polish them up in vers2.81.

Thanks as always, points on the way to you all.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1276 on: February 19, 2020, 02:10:25 PM »

It has been 11 days since your last offering. Everything ok?

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1277 on: February 19, 2020, 02:30:00 PM »

It has been 11 days since your last offering. Everything ok?

OOps! Yeah sorry Logos, I have been a bit under the weather recently and my medication made me feel worse...however...

I do have this I can share.

And if you hadn't guessed it's based off this weapon from an upcoming movie...

I used the new graphics power of Blender to really bring out the etching on this hilt and I have used the "Hair Modifier" function to make the pommel adornment.

I've also been busy learning the new updates on Blender and with all the "When is my saber gonna be delivered?" and "How long do I have to wait? I want my saber yesterday" posts I thought my post would get buried in the listings  Roll Eyes

So sorry it's not the biggest update on my thread but thanks for checking in on me! Point on the way to you.

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #1278 on: February 19, 2020, 03:22:40 PM »

Nice one, For!   Of all the recent "live action" Disney remakes Mulan is maybe the only one I am really interested in.

Love it!

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1279 on: February 19, 2020, 03:32:18 PM »

Red represents fortune and joy in Asian culture and it is found everywhere during the Chinese New Year and other family holidays or gatherings.  With tradition for Chinese New Year, the elders give the younger ones a red envelope to welcome in the new year and give a blessing to the younger ones.  The red envelope is also a symbol of prosperity.  Red is also the color in Chinese weddings, representing good luck, joy and happiness, thus, red should not be worn on funerals.

Yellow/Gold  is considered the most beautiful color. The Chinese saying, Yellow generates Yin and Yang, implies that yellow is the center of everything. Yellow symbolizes neutrality and good luck and is sometimes paired with red in place of gold.  Yellow was the color of Imperial China and is held as the symbolic color of the five legendary emperors of ancient China.  It  also represents freedom from worldly cares which is why monks wear yellow garments

From someone who's Asian and grew up with both American and Asian cultures, I like it

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1280 on: February 19, 2020, 03:35:06 PM »

Nice one, For!   Of all the recent "live action" Disney remakes Mulan is maybe the only one I am really interested in.

Love it!

Thanks Karmack. I saw the trailer for Mulan in the pre-show trailer reel for Rise of Skywalker and I had exactly the same thought. I've not seen the animated movie but the vast scale and photography I saw in the trailer convinced me I want to see it. I built this model back in July when the first promo images were released but got so busy with other designs I didn't get round to posting it. Having the new Blender software I decided to "tidy it up" a little and improve the etching and post it now.

Glad you like it and a point on the way to you.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1281 on: February 19, 2020, 03:40:31 PM »

Hi Infinit,

I did know some of the facts you shared but there were a few I have just learnt!
I knew about the colour red being lucky and the gifting of envelopes (from what I know they usually contain a small cash sum to help start the recipient's good fortune and savings).

Again, I'm glad to have captured something special (if inadvertently!) Point to you in return.

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #1282 on: February 19, 2020, 03:51:06 PM »

Classy! Im a sucker for gold on red. Point!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1283 on: February 19, 2020, 04:05:50 PM »

Classy! Im a sucker for gold on red. Point!

Hi Psycho, it is a strong colour combo. As Infinit pointed out the significance of gold and red is huge in Asia.

Glad you liked the hilt and have a point back in return. Also check your PM inbox in a minute or two as I have a link to share with you ok!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1284 on: February 28, 2020, 11:14:12 AM »

Hello Everybody,

Well I got a little bit inspired by the Mulan replica saber I built and posted above and thought I'd make a few more "historically" inspired hilts based on real world weapons and the first two are also inspired by two stars of the silver screen. Here is a quick sneak peek at my Master Z and Montoya hilts....

Thanks for checking out this little announcement!

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #1285 on: February 28, 2020, 02:23:14 PM »

Hello Everybody,

Well I got a little bit inspired by the Mulan replica saber I built and posted above and thought I'd make a few more "historically" inspired hilts based on real world weapons and the first two are also inspired by two stars of the silver screen. Here is a quick sneak peek at my Master Z and Montoya hilts....

Thanks for checking out this little announcement!

Shocked Love it! Point! I have such a soft spot for rapiers

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1286 on: February 28, 2020, 05:47:48 PM »

Shocked Love it! Point! I have such a soft spot for rapiers

Thanks Psycho, that comment cheered me up...I must have gotten my model pretty close to a real world Rapier cos you could tell what type of blade it was meant to be!

I couldn't build really complex curved parts before because my old setup couldn't handle all the data needed to model and texture them. But my new setup is a bit more powerful.

Thanks as always and a point on it's way back to you.

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #1287 on: February 28, 2020, 05:58:36 PM »

Thanks Psycho, that comment cheered me up...I must have gotten my model pretty close to a real world Rapier cos you could tell what type of blade it was meant to be!

I couldn't build really complex curved parts before because my old setup couldn't handle all the data needed to model and texture them. But my new setup is a bit more powerful.

Thanks as always and a point on it's way back to you.

Not a problem! I'd be disappointed in myself if I didnt recognize them! I have a soft spot for classical bladed weaponry - especially those that originated in China & Germany, but I've always admired the beauty of the rapier. Some of them are more art pieces then weapons!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1288 on: February 28, 2020, 06:13:28 PM »

Hi Psycho,

Oh I think you'd like the Royal Armouries collection that was in Leeds England, they had an enormous collection of swords and sabers. They ranged from foils all the way through to Great Swords and Zweihanders. And you're right some of those rapiers were more art than weapon.

I will attempt some more intricate versions with elaborate Knuckle Guards, Quillons and Sweepings.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1289 on: March 01, 2020, 08:15:20 AM »

Hello Everybody,

Well I guess it's that time again to post a new FT design and I have gone all historical with this one (and I was inspired by a 101 year old franchise). This saber is a tribute to a swashbuckling saberist lnown as Don Diego de la Vega...or Zorro! Zorro was first penned by Johnston McCulley way back in 1919 so I felt his rapier might just need updating, so here is my version of his hilt....

This is my first "historical" or real world saber conversion so Ii apologise if I got the placement of the Quillons, Sweepings or Knuckle Guards wrong but I think it is pretty much built right! I hope so as I have another rapier inspired by a big 80's  swashbuckling film coming up so you may want to get all your quotes at the ready for my next gallery!

Thanks for looking in on this creation and for all your support.

Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: