Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 448516 times)
Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1350 on: March 20, 2020, 05:43:10 PM »

Yay!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #1351 on: March 21, 2020, 12:23:10 AM »

OK Darth Logos and everybody....

After a very tough build of 15 prototype versions I finally came up with a shiny new object for Darth Logos….I am tired...but proud...this is Logos' new Data Chronolog!

It is fully 3D, not just a textured pyramid...it has a fractal based interior structure that floats inside - again fully 3D. It has a scripture embossed around it and again the text of the scripture is 3D modelled not just overlaid textures. I pushed myself close to the limits with this one, so enough talk and I apologise if this counts as a picture dump but here is the shiny....thanks for the challenge Logos!

In the Blender workspace:

And some Glamour Shots:

I have a few more pictures but I will post those a little later. I really am tired now...rest I will....earned it have I. I hope you all enjoy this one and thanks for your support and comments.

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #1352 on: March 21, 2020, 01:26:50 AM »

Wow that is very intricate very shiny! But more importantly has a kind of 'High Sith' look like something produced in their empires golden age under Marko Ragnos. Extraordinary creation, great collaboration with no doubt a whole lot of work to get to this point.

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1353 on: March 21, 2020, 01:49:02 AM »

Hello Lord_S_Gray,

This one nearly finished me off! I built all the smaller tetrahedrons then layered them up to form the stack inside which was hard enough but then I had to get them to light up. Then on top of that I had to type/build the text for the scripture and align it to the model....I have gone grey before my time.

But I'm so glad you like it, it means my effort paid off. Point on it's way to you.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #1354 on: March 21, 2020, 08:24:38 PM »

I'm steadily losing my $#!% due to people's panic and stupidity #$%&ing up my chi.

I advise taking a break from people and going and reading a book. I've been doing that lately, and it really does help.

I have a few more pictures but I will post those a little later. I really am tired now...rest I will....earned it have I. I hope you all enjoy this one and thanks for your support and comments.

That is beautiful For. Nicely done.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1355 on: March 22, 2020, 12:51:32 AM »

I advise taking a break from people and going and reading a book. I've been doing that lately, and it really does help.

That is beautiful For. Nicely done.

Hello Taegin, thanks so much. Logos sent me a pair of diagrams he had but let me do my thing. We did exchange PMs and this is the result...after 15 prototypes and "failed" attempts. Well, I say failed attempts - they were models that looked OK but structurally weren't solid. I nailed it on the 16 model though.

Thanks as always for the kind words, advice on coping with crazy time and I hope you and your folks keep well (I think you got a good grip on life!) Point on the way to you.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #1356 on: March 22, 2020, 11:09:19 AM »

After a very tough build of 15 prototype versions I finally came up with a shiny new object for Darth Logos….I am tired...but proud...this is Logos' new Data Chronolog!

It is fully 3D, not just a textured pyramid...it has a fractal based interior structure that floats inside - again fully 3D. It has a scripture embossed around it and again the text of the scripture is 3D modelled not just overlaid textures. I pushed myself close to the limits with this one, so enough talk and I apologise if this counts as a picture dump but here is the shiny....thanks for the challenge Logos!

In the Blender workspace:

And some Glamour Shots:

Wow FT, I know that your sabers are incredible, but after seeing this...Logos' Holocron is fantastic!!!  Now THIS is a holocron worthy of a Sith Lord!!

Beautiful renderings, my friend; you've really done an amazing job  Smiley

Point!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1357 on: March 22, 2020, 02:33:24 PM »

Wow FT, I know that your sabers are incredible, but after seeing this...Logos' Holocron is fantastic!!!  Now THIS is a holocron worthy of a Sith Lord!!

Beautiful renderings, my friend; you've really done an amazing job  Smiley

Point!

Hello Dutch, I've got to say the effort was worth it in the end. I learnt something with each prototype I modelled as the new version of Blender does a lot of things differently than the last one I had. I installed a third party add-on but didn't realise it was affecting how I built the framework but as soon as I switched the module off I was able to build the frame how I wanted. Then the illumination works differently when used with transparent textures/objects. It nearly drove me mad but I sorted it out eventually.

So glad you liked it and thanks for the kind comments. Point on it's way to you and please stay safe (and your folks too!).

Tazflyr
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 142

« Reply #1358 on: March 22, 2020, 03:30:20 PM »

Yup, beautiful!

Aeon LE v4, Guardian Blue (Mystery Box)
Dark Sentinel v5 (Emerald)
The Fallen, Bane's Heart
Grandmaster, Diamond
SI Battle saber, SRD
Dark Apprentice LEv4, Red

Wish List
Emperor's Hand
Azure Savior & Butcher
Dominix v3

When I die, don't let my wife sell my sabers & guitars for what I told her I paid for them, please.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1359 on: March 22, 2020, 09:34:45 PM »

Yup, beautiful!

Hello Tazflyr and thanks to you also. I learnt a lot about the latest version of Blender whilst building this one, it nearly drove me nuts unlearning what I had taught myself but now I am confident I can turn my hand to modelling other objects in the galaxy now! I have already worked on versions of two famous starfighters, I have a couple of B-Series droids and I have just been commissioned to build a large scale Capitol Ship!

So glad you liked this holocron and a point is on the way to you!

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 297

« Reply #1360 on: March 23, 2020, 07:39:14 AM »

Sounds like you gave yourself quite the challenge working on this holocron.
It looks really beautiful.

But rendering every little part inside the holocron? Nice!
I bow of respect on this side of the screen. I tried Blender a few times, but due to time and other stuff I never got really far into it.

Small question, is it possible to do a little rendering so it will move and we can all look and go 'WOW'?

Light Side points appreciated, when warranted.
> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag
> Sentinel v4 w/sound - CG - Mysterybox

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1361 on: March 23, 2020, 10:30:44 AM »

Sounds like you gave yourself quite the challenge working on this holocron.
It looks really beautiful.

But rendering every little part inside the holocron? Nice!
I bow of respect on this side of the screen. I tried Blender a few times, but due to time and other stuff I never got really far into it.

Small question, is it possible to do a little rendering so it will move and we can all look and go 'WOW'?

Hello Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen, thank you so much, that is very kind. I did push my limits a bit with this model, but it was mainly down to keeping track of the text I modelled and had to align with the frame of the holocron. It is the Sith Code and as a Jedi it felt weird working with such words  Grin

Regarding an animation of this model, it is possible yes. I just updated to a new version of Blender about three weeks ago and I am in the process of "unlearning" how version 2.7 worked and relearning how 2.8 animates stuff. As soon as I have a grasp on the new features I will add an animated "movie" for you all.

Keep safe and well and thanks again for your kind comments. Point on the way to you
(and a bit of encouragement to take up Blender again - just do 30 minutes a day and you'll be amazed how quick you can learn this stuff!)

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 297

« Reply #1362 on: March 23, 2020, 10:41:18 AM »

Thanks Tyeth,

Can't wait for the render Wink
An yes, maybe I will take up Blender again. It's not that I'm extremely busy at work right now. Funny how a pandemic can do that (#sarcasmfont)

Light Side points appreciated, when warranted.
> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag
> Sentinel v4 w/sound - CG - Mysterybox

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1363 on: March 23, 2020, 11:26:37 AM »

Nice Chronolog design, For. I like the floating pyramid within the structure

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1364 on: March 23, 2020, 12:33:06 PM »

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

But I thought we were calling it a holocron? Anyway, it looks fantastic. MAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDD points incoming.

Wow that is very intricate very shiny! But more importantly has a kind of 'High Sith' look like something produced in their empires golden age under Marko Ragnos. Extraordinary creation, great collaboration with no doubt a whole lot of work to get to this point.
I drew from what I know: Old Sith and math. Neater still, while For was trying to work out certain elements, it gave me inspiration to more finely tune the function/mythos of this holocron.

Easier said than done. And to be quite honest, I'm missing MY people.

That gives me an idea for my avatar.

I like the floating pyramid within the structure
What can I say? I have a thing for fractals.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: