Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 451164 times)
Bob Loblaw
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 102

« Reply #1410 on: March 30, 2020, 08:11:41 PM »

Hi Logos, sadly there aren't any IT guys in the UK that will make a house call to pick my machine up. The irony is that I paid for an extended warranty Roll Eyes But I guess no-one expected the Corona-Inquisition!

BUT there is some sort of news...I have reverted to using my old machine and another laptop that I have "borrowed" from a family member. It's hard slow work but at least I can still stay active. And I will either get my new machine repaired or replaced eventually.

Thanks for checking in and please keep safe!

And just to show I have a sense of humour, did you all know us saber enthusiasts have practiced Social Distancing since 1977?....

Ha! Good to see you keeping your sense of humor through the bull#$@!. I hope you get your computer problems sorted soon. Good luck, For.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1558

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #1411 on: March 30, 2020, 08:18:12 PM »

Hi there Bob!

I can't let this world and what it throws at me stop me! I might even have a post this weekend...with a very musical twist!

Keep well and safe! (2 Blades!)
point on the way.

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #1412 on: March 30, 2020, 08:35:30 PM »

Ha!   I am referring to it as "double blade length" from now on!   :-)

Ironically, its also about the range I can tag someone with a moving side kick...  he he he

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1413 on: March 30, 2020, 08:47:14 PM »

Ha!   I am referring to it as "double blade length" from now on!   :-)

Ironically, its also about the range I can tag someone with a moving side kick...  he he he

Hi Karmack, well I hope your kicks make better contact than the short ones thrown during the Jabba sail barge scene in ROTJ and Obi-Wan vs Maul in TPM!

I think I will stick to my technique and have my saber by my side when I take my one hour walk/exercise slot I'm allowed.  Cool

Take care as well my friend, point on the way.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1414 on: March 30, 2020, 08:52:45 PM »

Hi Logos, sadly there aren't any IT guys in the UK that will make a house call to pick my machine up. The irony is that I paid for an extended warranty Roll Eyes But I guess no-one expected the Corona-Inquisition!
I was making a joke for I01.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1415 on: March 30, 2020, 08:56:45 PM »

Do we have an IT man in the house?

Found him  Wink

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #1416 on: March 31, 2020, 01:31:05 PM »

Do we have an IT man in the house?

That'd be me for the most part.

And Tyeth - my best guess begins at the word "Lenovo". Lenovo makes cheap, easy to use and run laptops and notebooks, but theyre not particularly sturdy devices. Given the symptoms youve listed, the crashing, slow loading, and inability to get past BIOS, I unfortunately think your Hard Drive might have kicked the bucket. Which would extra-suck because Lenovo HDDs are, for the most part, soldered onto the motherboard and cannot be removed/replaced. This is something you might want to consider getting a new computer over. I know thats beyond inconvenient at the moment but it IS unfortunately my professional recommendation. Sorry man

However, it should be mentioned I cant look at the machine in person so I might be wrong! So feel free to prove me such!

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1417 on: March 31, 2020, 03:14:03 PM »

Companies in the industry, use primarily HHD or SSDs (although SSDs are becoming the standard due to the decrease in price), which are either SATA or M.2 form factors on most of their laptops and are removable which are all current industry standard for home use and enterprise. All SATAs are either drop in or utilizes a tray while the M.2 counterparts either uses a tray, has a bracket, or plugs directly into the motherboard.

Only small laptops like the Lenovo N23 which is a Chromebook and those with small form factors have their storage embedded. They're soldered in but they don't have a HHD or SSD, they have eMMC (embedded MultiMediaCard), which are storage cards that are soldered in. The "embedded" to tell anyone who takes it apart that it's soldered in. eMMCs exist in budget laptops, small form factored devices, and some tablets

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1418 on: March 31, 2020, 09:49:53 PM »

Hi Guys...

I'm by no means an IT guy hence the reason I ask you all  for advice now and then (thanks)...but I managed to get the Command prompt up and I did a CHKDSK of my C drive and it shows up and seems to be working fine. No bad sectors, no deleted sectors or files...and the checksum (whatever it's called) at the end of the scan report says I have 436065168 Kb of available memory on a 500 GB hard drive. I also know the HD on my new laptop is a drop in SATA with cradle tray so IF I have to, I could drop a new HDD or SSD in myself - a five minute job. But I'm hoping if I explain my situation to the company I bought the laptop from they may accept me returning it and they'll re-install it for me (just don't know if/when that could happen as the UK is in Lockdown)

I am fairly certain it was an Effed up KB Update package (which I described above) . I uninstalled that and a feature /quality Update using the Windows Settings Panel uninstall feature. So I did nothing especially wrong but uninstalling the two latest updates is now blocking me from re-installing Windows. I can get the Blue Screen Recovery Environment etc but I just keep getting sent back to those screens repeatedly - whether I am attempting a Refresh, Repair or Re-install. I haven't done a Restore point recovery as the last restore point I added (before I installed Blender) has vanished. And no, I don't have an ISO Image to revert to - I'd never even heard of one till now.

And regards Lenovo reliability, the X61 Thinkpad /Powerrbase I used before was a refurbished model I bought from an Adult Education college when they upgraded their machinery. They said I could have it for $12 as a token monetary gesture. It had been used/abused by students for at least 6 years before I got it and it's still running now four years later. That's a decade of service!

Anyhoo, thanks everyone and I have a new design coming this weekend that I have scraped together using the two old machines I have....and this one has a big musical influence to it!.....get ready to head bang!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1419 on: April 04, 2020, 09:34:00 PM »

Hello Everybody,

Today I have a SPECIAL offering and it's RED...and is inspired by the musical legend Dr Brian May....

This is a long overdue thank you from me to Brian for all the music he and Queen gave me/us. Brian is also posting some fantastic MicroCons and tutorials on YouTube to help raise our moral during this Corona Lockdown.
Brian is a Doctor of Astrophysics and a BIG Star Wars fan so I hope if he ever sees this he'll like it.

Oh yeah, he and Queen also provided the music for Flash Gordon. Thanks for checking this one out and...

NO SYNTHESIZERS were used in the design of this saber!

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1420 on: April 06, 2020, 01:21:28 PM »

OOOOOO Can you get some shots focused on the saber?

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1421 on: April 06, 2020, 02:31:19 PM »

Today I have a SPECIAL offering and it's RED...and is inspired by the musical legend Dr Brian May....

You've done it again, For. Good work and incredible attention to detail on Brian's guitar. You've done it justice in my opinion.

That matching saber is a nice touch that complements the guitar.

Haha, I like that synthesizer joke

Points incoming

Bob Loblaw
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 102

« Reply #1422 on: April 06, 2020, 08:49:50 PM »

Hello Everybody,

This is a long overdue thank you from me to Brian for all the music he and Queen gave me/us. Brian is also posting some fantastic MicroCons and tutorials on YouTube to help raise our moral during this Corona Lockdown.
Brian is a Doctor of Astrophysics and a BIG Star Wars fan so I hope if he ever sees this he'll like it.

Oh yeah, he and Queen also provided the music for Flash Gordon. Thanks for checking this one out and...

NO SYNTHESIZERS were used in the design of this saber!

Wow! I'm a huge Queen fan and Brian May is a genius guitar player. I had no idea he was a Dr. of Astrophysics though! Now he's a million times cooler! Thanks for dropping that knowledge along with yet another For Teyeth masterpiece!
Feel free to make a Jakson Randy Rhoads or Dean Dimbag Darell inspired design. No pressure. Wink

I second this.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1423 on: April 06, 2020, 11:06:19 PM »

Hi Logos and Infinit, I'll make a couple more close up shots for ya, but as you might have noticed my images aren't the usual type of renders at the moment. I am using a borrowed laptop and the graphics chip it has can't do full renders but does display the software so I have to take screenshots instead (that's why you can see the Blender interface - I was lazy and couldn't be bothered to crop it out, but it shows I build these things!)

And to Infint, the Synthesizer reference was a Queen joke. On their first four albums people couldn't believe the sounds Brian could make with the Red Special and Queen had to print the sentence "And nobody played synthesizer in the making of this album" on the album cover!  I believe Flash Gordon was the first album that acknowledged using a synth.

And to Bob, Yes Brian is a qualified radio telescope operator (afik) and discovered a few asteroids. He even named one in honour of Freddie for Fred's birthday as a posthumous present. The song "Year of '39" is about a group of space explorers that go on a mission. However due to the physics of time dilation the explorers were in space for what seemed to them a year but back on Earth a hundred years had passed, so when the ship returned they saw their relatives again... but they were met by their grandchildren, not their wives and partners etc. The lines "Oh so many years have gone though I'm older but a year Through your eyes your mother's eyes smile to me" explain the passage of time.

Also check out Brian's piece named "Lost Horizon" - it is also space themed and relates to the Voyager satellite we sent out of this galaxy.

I may work on a few more axe builds in the future (well I have a bit more time on my hands - but be aware they may not be back up to the standard I had reached with Blender 2.8 but I'm still being active!)

Thanks for all the positive comments and support and please continue to be safe,well and keep rocking!

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 297

« Reply #1424 on: April 07, 2020, 06:52:19 AM »

So you have great creative skills in Blender.
You obviously love Queen.
You have knowledge about the music and the band.
There's only so much points this forum allows us to award.

Thanks for the bits of knowledge about Queen, I knew about Brian May being an astrofysicus, didn't knew about the naming of the stars and the synthesizer. Nice. Will try to remember that.

Are we doing guitar-inspired-saber-requests? If so, does everybody know Lucille?

Light Side points appreciated, when warranted.
> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag
> Sentinel v4 w/sound - CG - Mysterybox

Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: