Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 453599 times)
PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #1455 on: April 21, 2020, 03:58:07 PM »

I saw the animated "What Trevorrow would have done" video. IMO, it wasn't much better than the $#!%show we got. The only thing I feel he got right was Rey using a saber staff.

I like this concept.

Trevorrow's supposed version irked me for a few reasons...the saber staff wasnt one of them.

Anywho, FT you have been KILLING it while I've been busy - points to you! Especially like the curved "Echo" variation

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1559

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #1456 on: April 22, 2020, 08:02:37 PM »

Trevorrow's supposed version irked me for a few reasons...the saber staff wasnt one of them.

Anywho, FT you have been KILLING it while I've been busy - points to you! Especially like the curved "Echo" variation

Hi Psycho, thanks so much but I'll be honest I have been struggling recently with malfunctioning copies of Windows 10 locking up my new laptop and everyone using the Internet to communicate during the Covid lockdowns. But somehow I get designs done and uploaded eventually!

So glad you liked the curved "Echo Saber", it was a mad idea I had after (I think) Zren Tobas asked for more curved hilts in the "What do we want from Ultrasabers/ suggestions wishlist" topic.

point back to you, and stay safe!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1457 on: April 25, 2020, 05:06:15 AM »

Hello Everybody,

Last week (maybe a little earlier) Vanity Fair dropped some pictures of an upcoming movie starring Timothee Chalamet, Josh Brolin and a certain Oscar Isaac. That movie is the new remake of the Frank Herbert classic Dune. Well I built some Dune sabers about three years ago but can't share those here....BUT I can share my Dune 2020 Blender version hilt that I have just designed. I am still having tech issues but I managed to get a few renders done...Hope you like...

This is based on the Katana styled short sword/dagger seen in the Oscar Isaac and Josh Brolin images in VF magazine and I attempted to recreate a stylized version of the Tsuka-Ito wrapping, gave the hilt a House Atreides pommel adornment and activation switch and a special blade. If you look closely you can see a blade made of water surrounded by the light halo. In Dune, whomever controls the water, controls the Spice and controls Dune and the Universe.

This saber controls the water and has a hidden "Water Pearl" crystal chamber...

So that wraps this design up, thanks as always for taking time to check it out and supporting this thread. Stay safe till next time....

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #1458 on: April 25, 2020, 05:47:19 AM »

Hello Everybody,

Last week (maybe a little earlier) Vanity Fair dropped some pictures of an upcoming movie starring Timothee Chalamet, Josh Brolin and a certain Oscar Isaac. That movie is the new remake of the Frank Herbert classic Dune. Well I built some Dune sabers about three years ago but can't share those here....BUT I can share my Dune 2020 Blender version hilt that I have just designed. I am still having tech issues but I managed to get a few renders done...Hope you like...

This is based on the Katana styled short sword/dagger seen in the Oscar Isaac and Josh Brolin images in VF magazine and I attempted to recreate a stylized version of the Tsuka-Ito wrapping, gave the hilt a House Atreides pommel adornment and activation switch and a special blade. If you look closely you can see a blade made of water surrounded by the light halo. In Dune, whomever controls the water, controls the Spice and controls Dune and the Universe.

This saber controls the water and has a hidden "Water Pearl" crystal chamber...

So that wraps this design up, thanks as always for taking time to check it out and supporting this thread. Stay safe till next time....

Incredible!  These renderings are wonderful, FT!  And I have to admit that I'm looking forward to the new Dune...or at least am cautiously optimistic about it  Wink

Question: do you have a rendering of one of the Fremen's crysknives?

Remarkable work as always^^

Point!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1459 on: April 25, 2020, 06:55:48 AM »

Incredible!  These renderings are wonderful, FT!  And I have to admit that I'm looking forward to the new Dune...or at least am cautiously optimistic about it  Wink

Question: do you have a rendering of one of the Fremen's crysknives?

Hi there Dutch, I don't have a Crysknife (yet) I just saw the Vanity Fair photoshoot pictures and spotted the wrapped hilts on Isaac and Brolin's belts (which also had a neat integrated sheath/holder) and went off that weapon.

Regards the movie itself, I will always be a David Lynch Original fan but I will give this 2020 version a chance...you never know by the time it is released the global lockdown will be over and I can treat myself to Birthday Tickets to see it in cinema!

Thanks as always and I'll take a look for some Crysknives. Point and stay safe!

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 297

« Reply #1460 on: April 25, 2020, 07:41:42 AM »

Looks beautiful, love the Dune theme, can't agree more on the love for the David Lynch version and yes I can't wait for this version. (and in silence cry about the judarovski version that never got made).

Like the subtle worm reference and the water pearl. Personally I would have given the hilt a little more rectangular shape instead of a square, so it indexes a bit better.
But who am I to judge, lightsaber probably don't need indexing because they have no real edge.

Great work as always Tyeth!
Points of course  Grin

Light Side points appreciated, when warranted.
> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag
> Sentinel v4 w/sound - CG - Mysterybox

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1461 on: April 25, 2020, 08:21:00 AM »

Looks beautiful, love the Dune theme, can't agree more on the love for the David Lynch version and yes I can't wait for this version. (and in silence cry about the judarovski version that never got made).

Like the subtle worm reference and the water pearl. Personally I would have given the hilt a little more rectangular shape instead of a square, so it indexes a bit better.
But who am I to judge, lightsaber probably don't need indexing because they have no real edge.

Great work as always Tyeth!
Points of course  Grin

Hi Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen, thanks for the great feedback. I did start off with a rectangular profile but then as I added the faux wrapping it bulked outward and became more square. but as you say lightsabers don't have a dedicated edge so it might not matter so much.
The emitter (which I think you referred to as the worm) is interesting if you do 3D modelling as it is actually formed by using a piece of text. Blender allows you to type a word or letter then extrude it into a 3D object. I took a letter "D" from the Android type font (similar to the movie logo font) and extruded that into an emitter. I then added the gold inlay.

Again thanks for the kind words and accept a point back and stay safe!

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

« Reply #1462 on: April 27, 2020, 06:56:12 AM »

Hi Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen, thanks for the great feedback. I did start off with a rectangular profile but then as I added the faux wrapping it bulked outward and became more square. but as you say lightsabers don't have a dedicated edge so it might not matter so much.
The emitter (which I think you referred to as the worm) is interesting if you do 3D modelling as it is actually formed by using a piece of text. Blender allows you to type a word or letter then extrude it into a 3D object. I took a letter "D" from the Android type font (similar to the movie logo font) and extruded that into an emitter. I then added the gold inlay.

Again thanks for the kind words and accept a point back and stay safe!

It really was the D from the movie font?! Haha, I was hoping for that.

> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1463 on: April 27, 2020, 08:58:47 AM »

It really was the D from the movie font?! Haha, I was hoping for that.

Hello there, well it is a close approximation of the logo font! I don't want Warner Bros and Villeneuve Films after me for copyright  Grin

The font isn't actually the Android OS font obviously but one that I picked up on a font download site. It looks a little like this..

I am in the process of trying other letters and figures from other type fonts and seeing what shapes I can come up with to make parts (I think I should be able to make some wicked claws and emitters). I somehow don't think the creators of these fonts thought they'd be used in this way.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2789

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1464 on: April 27, 2020, 10:28:45 AM »

That is a great looking Dune saber you designed, For!

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2769

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1465 on: April 27, 2020, 02:01:08 PM »

Hello Everybody,

The Atreides family crest is a nice touch. I assume the overall appearance is borrowing from the shai hulud? If so, I think it would benefit from a tri-lobed emitter.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1466 on: April 27, 2020, 03:38:13 PM »

That is a great looking Dune saber you designed, For!
The Atreides family crest is a nice touch. I assume the overall appearance is borrowing from the shai hulud? If so, I think it would benefit from a tri-lobed emitter.

Hi guys, thanks for the comments as always. To Logos, I didn't base the hilt on the Sandworm (I did that with the old designs I did that I can't post here) but more on the dagger/short sword that I saw on Oscar Isaac and Josh Brolin's belts in their Vanity Fair photos.

image copyright Vanity Fair

So I basically did a stylised Tsuka Ito wrap using the silver highlights which unfortunately made the saber appear more square in cross section. The Atreides family crest is also based on the new one from the movie.

Thanks again and points to both of you!

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

« Reply #1467 on: April 27, 2020, 03:59:40 PM »

Hello there, well it is a close approximation of the logo font! I don't want Warner Bros and Villeneuve Films after me for copyright  Grin

The font isn't actually the Android OS font obviously but one that I picked up on a font download site. It looks a little like this..

I am in the process of trying other letters and figures from other type fonts and seeing what shapes I can come up with to make parts (I think I should be able to make some wicked claws and emitters). I somehow don't think the creators of these fonts thought they'd be used in this way.

The creator probably haven't, but maybe the people at dafont did Wink

> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #1468 on: April 27, 2020, 07:47:26 PM »

the spice must flow

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1469 on: May 03, 2020, 03:52:08 PM »

Hello Everybody,

Today I revisit another "old" design that used "Other Guys' Parts" which I can't share here so I built a new better version I could post. I had a chat with some friends on  Discord recently and the conversation turned from Darth Maul to the topic of Super Heros and Wolverine in particular. And as usual it was suggested "Why don't you build a Wolverine hilt For?"  I had done so already but thought I could make a better one than the "old" one I had. So I built a Blender version and here it is, Wolves's Claw...

And a reverse colour schemed version...

I decided to go "old skool" and use Wolverine's classic Marvel comic book colours. The hilt has three claws just like Wolverine/Logan and an "X-Men" style pommel vent cover. I didn't go fully to town with this design, I just went sleek and streamlined.

However! I have also rediscovered an old website where I used to watch cartoons/anime and had a pleasant surprise - the site has ALL the episodes of The Clone Wars (seaons 1-6) PLUS the new season 7 episodes too!! So I have been binge watching CW and getting new ideas for hilts.

Thanks for checking this design out and please stay safe and well. Till next time...

Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: