Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 450335 times)
Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1470 on: May 04, 2020, 11:27:09 AM »

Thank you for creating this saber, For! Wolverine is one of my favorite X-Men characters so it's refreshing to see something inspired by him and you have the gold hilt! Points incoming for all of this

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1471 on: May 04, 2020, 02:25:07 PM »

Thought those claws looked familiar.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #1472 on: May 05, 2020, 10:19:14 PM »

Hello Everybody,

Today I revisit another "old" design that used "Other Guys' Parts" which I can't share here so I built a new better version I could post. I had a chat with some friends on  Discord recently and the conversation turned from Darth Maul to the topic of Super Heros and Wolverine in particular. And as usual it was suggested "Why don't you build a Wolverine hilt For?"  I had done so already but thought I could make a better one than the "old" one I had. So I built a Blender version and here it is, Wolves's Claw...

And a reverse colour schemed version...

I decided to go "old skool" and use Wolverine's classic Marvel comic book colours. The hilt has three claws just like Wolverine/Logan and an "X-Men" style pommel vent cover. I didn't go fully to town with this design, I just went sleek and streamlined.

However! I have also rediscovered an old website where I used to watch cartoons/anime and had a pleasant surprise - the site has ALL the episodes of The Clone Wars (seaons 1-6) PLUS the new season 7 episodes too!! So I have been binge watching CW and getting new ideas for hilts.

Thanks for checking this design out and please stay safe and well. Till next time...
Yet another awesome saber, FT!  And the color scheme is fantastic  Smiley

And congratulations with catching up with "The Clone Wars!"  I can't wait to see Season 7 myself (might be awhile since I haven't subscribed to Disney+)!

Point!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1558

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #1473 on: May 06, 2020, 12:42:01 AM »

Yet another awesome saber, FT!  And the color scheme is fantastic  Smiley

And congratulations with catching up with "The Clone Wars!"  I can't wait to see Season 7 myself (might be awhile since I haven't subscribed to Disney+)!

Point!

Thanks Dutch, I think sticking to basics helped with this one! I kept it simple with the classic colour scheme and clean lines  - after all Wolverine is a no-nonsense type of guy. So glad you liked the hilt and you may want to check your PM inbox ok!

Point incoming.

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 603

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #1474 on: May 08, 2020, 12:18:17 PM »

IMPRESSIVE... MOST IMPRESSIVE!! Point to you. As always another great design Wolverine would be smiling at this one.  Grin

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel;
Ordered: Exile CG w/sd; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1475 on: May 08, 2020, 01:52:01 PM »

IMPRESSIVE... MOST IMPRESSIVE!! Point to you. As always another great design Wolverine would be smiling at this one.  Grin

Hi MavRick, I hope he'd be smiling at this design. Thanks.

Unfortunately my laptop has finally bricked up as Microsoft has snuck in another update it seems and has locked up into the Blue Screen of Death syndrome. It now just repeatedly tries loading the Windows Recovery Environment (WRE) to repair itself but fails and reloads the WRE. None of the recovery options work and I can't uninstall the latest updates to roll back to a working state.

Not sure when I'll be back posting designs but I need a break anyway. Thanks everyone for the support and feedback/comments

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 603

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #1476 on: May 08, 2020, 03:22:10 PM »

That SUCKS!! Angry  I hope you get it sorted out and fixed soon.
 My brother has his own computer repair shop so that's who I get to fix my issues. He lives in Florida so not even close to you.

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel;
Ordered: Exile CG w/sd; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1477 on: May 09, 2020, 04:00:02 AM »

That SUCKS!! Angry  I hope you get it sorted out and fixed soon.
 My brother has his own computer repair shop so that's who I get to fix my issues. He lives in Florida so not even close to you.

Hi MavRick, it always helps to have a go-to-guy, even better if that person is a family member!
Anyhoo, I have been informed by a friend that I can use a separate OS (either Ubuntu or Linux Mint) from a USB stick and still be able to operate Blender but I'd have to use One Drive or Google Drive to store my files. So I will look into this possible fix.

I have just had enough of Microsoft at the moment. I may try and install the new Windows 10 (version 2004) but that has been delayed till the 28th May because of known bugs!

Thanks again and I'll be back as soon as I can.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #1478 on: May 09, 2020, 07:54:46 PM »

Hi MavRick, it always helps to have a go-to-guy, even better if that person is a family member!
Anyhoo, I have been informed by a friend that I can use a separate OS (either Ubuntu or Linux Mint) from a USB stick and still be able to operate Blender but I'd have to use One Drive or Google Drive to store my files. So I will look into this possible fix.

I have just had enough of Microsoft at the moment. I may try and install the new Windows 10 (version 2004) but that has been delayed till the 28th May because of known bugs!

Thanks again and I'll be back as soon as I can.
OMG FT, my condolences my friend  Sad  I really, REALLY hope that you're able to recover everything and progress in order to do what you so obviously enjoy (*cough* not to mention all of the awesome help you give me with your superb renderings *cough*  Grin).

Regardless, don't be a stranger FT  Smiley

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1479 on: May 09, 2020, 08:15:05 PM »

OMG FT, my condolences my friend  Sad  I really, REALLY hope that you're able to recover everything and progress in order to do what you so obviously enjoy (*cough* not to mention all of the awesome help you give me with your superb renderings *cough*  Grin).

Regardless, don't be a stranger FT  Smiley

Hi Dutch, well as you can tell I am still posting comments so that's good. I have managed to re-install Win 10 using the spare laptop I borrowed before. However that laptop isn't powerful enough to render images (despite being an I3) as the integrated graphics chip isn't up to the job - that's why I'm so desperate to keep this I5 powered machine running. I will have to start using cloud storage to store my model files but only create renders as I really need them then upload to my site. That way if I have another crash I will lose minimal files. I have unfortunately "lost" the recent work I have done for you but will rebuild them should you wish.

If anything though I am getting to be an expert on installing Windows...three times in as many months - I'll be as good as Infinit01 at IT soon 😉

p.s. I also know it was a Windows software issue and not my hardware as the 100% disc usage and all the Unexpected Error messages were identical to the reports of known issues.

point and my thanks on the way to you.

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #1480 on: May 11, 2020, 02:04:56 PM »

Hi Dutch, well as you can tell I am still posting comments so that's good. I have managed to re-install Win 10 using the spare laptop I borrowed before. However that laptop isn't powerful enough to render images (despite being an I3) as the integrated graphics chip isn't up to the job - that's why I'm so desperate to keep this I5 powered machine running. I will have to start using cloud storage to store my model files but only create renders as I really need them then upload to my site. That way if I have another crash I will lose minimal files. I have unfortunately "lost" the recent work I have done for you but will rebuild them should you wish.

If anything though I am getting to be an expert on installing Windows...three times in as many months - I'll be as good as Infinit01 at IT soon 😉

p.s. I also know it was a Windows software issue and not my hardware as the 100% disc usage and all the Unexpected Error messages were identical to the reports of known issues.

That sucks, sorry man!

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1481 on: May 11, 2020, 02:36:21 PM »

Hey For. Pming you now, sorry to hear about your PC troubles

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1482 on: May 16, 2020, 06:06:31 PM »

Hello Everybody,

Today is time to introduce you to something new and my new companion...

This is my new "dROYd" or as I call him, ROY! He is a new mech I built based on BD-1 from Jedi Fallen Order. I figured if Cal Kestis could have a little buddy then so could I.

ROY is very high tech and was fun to model. This is his wireframe

He comes in a variety of colour schemes and I have a few mods planned to increase his usefulness (gonna add a sensor scope and few other bits including an armature skeleton so I can pose him more easily when I animate him).
Here he is in "BD" colours..

And in an Imperial/First Order dark scheme...(ROY calls this one a "Bad Robot" Grin )

The Dark Imp isn't as technical as ROY because I added a few Input/Output ports and a datacard reader slot to my droid!

I hope you liked meeting my buddy, hopefully I will bring him back when I have added those upgrades.
Thanks for looking in and stay safe and well.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #1483 on: May 17, 2020, 06:32:08 PM »

Hello Everybody,

Today is time to introduce you to something new and my new companion...

This is my new "dROYd" or as I call him, ROY! He is a new mech I built based on BD-1 from Jedi Fallen Order. I figured if Cal Kestis could have a little buddy then so could I.

ROY is very high tech and was fun to model. This is his wireframe

He comes in a variety of colour schemes and I have a few mods planned to increase his usefulness (gonna add a sensor scope and few other bits including an armature skeleton so I can pose him more easily when I animate him).
Here he is in "BD" colours..

And in an Imperial/First Order dark scheme...(ROY calls this one a "Bad Robot" Grin )

The Dark Imp isn't as technical as ROY because I added a few Input/Output ports and a datacard reader slot to my droid!

I hope you liked meeting my buddy, hopefully I will bring him back when I have added those upgrades.
Thanks for looking in and stay safe and well.
Is there anything that you cannot do, FT!?  Great job with the rendering; I especially like the wire frame model  Wink

Point!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1484 on: May 17, 2020, 08:32:34 PM »

Is there anything that you cannot do, FT!?  Great job with the rendering; I especially like the wire frame model  Wink
Point!

Hi Dutch, thanks but I am struggling with building a starship! I am building one for a fellow member but every time I got close to having a half decent model my laptop crashed but I will finish it!
The wireframe is just a modelling function in Blender to allow minute adjustments to parts of a model, but it looks techy in screenshots! I am hoping to add a few modifications to this model to allow me to animate him, so that should be fun.

Thanks as always and stay safe. Point incoming.

Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: