Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 448617 times)
Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #1485 on: May 17, 2020, 10:18:52 PM »

Is there anything that you cannot do, FT!?  Great job with the rendering; I especially like the wire frame model  Wink

Point!

Agreed that wireframe looks really cool.  Cute little droid bit of a mix of BB 8 and an ATST with the BD colours.

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #1486 on: May 17, 2020, 11:19:58 PM »

Agreed that wireframe looks really cool.  Cute little droid bit of a mix of BB 8 and an ATST with the BD colours.

Hi LSG, and thanks also. But you had to say ROY looked like a Scout Walker didn't you? He's got it in his head he IS one now  - I just dragged him out of my workshop's paint booth!....

He's gone off hunting Ewoks now!
Anyhoo, I better get back to building that starship….and thanks for being the first member to post on page 100 of my thread!

Point incoming.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #1487 on: May 17, 2020, 11:42:21 PM »

I love it For. BD-1 is such a great character, and I love this style droid. Roy looks great.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #1488 on: May 18, 2020, 12:43:13 AM »

Hi LSG, and thanks also. But you had to say ROY looked like a Scout Walker didn't you? He's got it in his head he IS one now  - I just dragged him out of my workshop's paint booth!....

He's gone off hunting Ewoks now!
Anyhoo, I better get back to building that starship….and thanks for being the first member to post on page 100 of my thread!

Point incoming.

Ha Awesome!! Rebel/Imperial tech does have very similar looks so the similarity lends to ROY easily slotting into that military more blocky 70s vision of future aesthetic (as compared to say Dooku's ship/Naboo aesthetic) Plus love seeing the details on the back too, looks like a 'charge' port up top above the grill and lights, brilliant detail.

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1489 on: May 18, 2020, 05:37:05 AM »

Ha Awesome!! Rebel/Imperial tech does have very similar looks so the similarity lends to ROY easily slotting into that military more blocky 70s vision of future aesthetic (as compared to say Dooku's ship/Naboo aesthetic) Plus love seeing the details on the back too, looks like a 'charge' port up top above the grill and lights, brilliant detail.
I love it For. BD-1 is such a great character, and I love this style droid. Roy looks great.

Hi LSG, I definitely think ROY fits the classic OT style of tech, especially in these colours. Some of the other schemes I tried were definite prequel and computer game realm inspired. I found that it is the little details, the Greeblies, that can bring a design to life and make it look like it has a purpose. ROY even has an SD card slot!

To Taegin, I'm glad I got close enough to BD-1 that some of his charm rubbed off on ROY. I use Twitch and regularly watch a friend of mine play Fallen Order and I just couldn't stop watching the droid. And the fact they integrated him into the gameplay so well was great. BD-1 was always gonna be a winner.

Thanks to both of you and I'm so happy you like my new avenues of model building. Points on the way.

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #1490 on: May 18, 2020, 01:27:48 PM »

I love ROY! Quite a lot of charm indeed.

Also congrats FT for hitting 100 pages in your thread! +1

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1491 on: May 18, 2020, 07:54:14 PM »

Hello Psycho, thanks so much and to you in particular thank you for your valued input on this thread I love the art you gave me. It's a bit of a shock to me that I'm still posting this long after starting the thread.
It will be interesting to see if I'm still posting for another hundred pages  Grin

point incoming.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #1492 on: May 19, 2020, 02:03:19 AM »

Hello Psycho, thanks so much and to you in particular thank you for your valued input on this thread I love the art you gave me. It's a bit of a shock to me that I'm still posting this long after starting the thread.
It will be interesting to see if I'm still posting for another hundred pages  Grin

point incoming.
That's right, congratulations FT on 100 pages!

Here's to the next 100  Wink

Point!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1493 on: May 19, 2020, 08:41:00 AM »

That's right, congratulations FT on 100 pages!
Here's to the next 100  Wink

Hello Dutch, I certainly hope to be still posting - I am still coming up with designs, so as long as that continues so will this thread. It will help that I have branched out into other Star Wars related objects to model and add to my collection.

Thanks for your continued support and feedback.
point +1

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1494 on: May 19, 2020, 10:46:34 AM »

I like this design, For!  Mighty impressive as always, my friend. Points incoming for this!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1495 on: May 19, 2020, 10:49:34 PM »

I like this design, For!  Mighty impressive as always, my friend. Points incoming for this!

Hi Infinit, it's surprising how many colour schemes seem to work on this little droid. Whoever at EA Games/Respawn that came up with the original BD-1 did a fantastic job. Now I just need to work out how to make the model cast shadows on the ground as ROY appears as if he's "floating" above the floor at the moment. (It's possible but tricky!)

Thanks my friend.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1496 on: May 20, 2020, 12:50:03 PM »

I do look forward to seeing what you'll do to get him to look as if he's floating

HesaHeart
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 55

Adapt.Improvise and Overcome

« Reply #1497 on: May 23, 2020, 04:48:44 PM »

Greetings, your using a background image i take it... make a single plain and paint with background image play with lighting

( Light points when earned )

Various fan art and fiction
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?board=12.0

Own
 Dark Sentinel staff LE v4 - tri red

Wish list
Arbiter staff - blazing red-sound
Phantasm LE V4 staff - AS blade - stunt
Raven in staff setup - color ?? - stunt

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1498 on: May 24, 2020, 06:17:01 AM »

Hi HesaHeart,

I use an Environment Texture as the background for my images (usually a panoramic HDRi) and rarely use any other lighting other than a "Sun" lamp to give an even cover of light. However I am starting to work on 3 Point lighting rigs and using custom set-ups.

For my recent Wolverine themed Wolve's Claw I used a flat plane with an image pasted on as the backdrop for the "Title Image" so I do use both techniques depending on the circumstances.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1499 on: May 24, 2020, 06:29:20 AM »

Hello Everybody,

Apologies for "double posting" but it is that time when I need to post my latest offering. I have recently been watching The Clone Wars online (and I even got to watch all of season 7!) to catch up. Whilst watching the story arc regarding the slave traders of Zyggeria I saw their slave control equipment and figured "I could make something similar to that!" So I set to work on the Zygerrian Sting Saber…

My saber is loosely based on the Electro-Whip seen above but mine has my famous FTE crystal chamber pommel added as I imagined my design to be multi mode having both a solid blade as well as the whip function (so it'd need an extra bit of power  Wink ) And speaking of the whip function, here is another short animation I was able to knock up.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKDwkHcLgQk" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKDwkHcLgQk</a>

That just about does it for today's offering, I hope you liked it. As mentioned I have been watching a lot of cartoons and have been inspired so I still have about 4 or 5 new hilts on the way. But for now thanks for checking this one out and stay safe till next time..

Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: