Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 448671 times)
For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #1515 on: May 26, 2020, 09:06:02 PM »

Ooooo shiny.

The Sith are all about style.  Cool

You have a point Logos, I guess my new Jedi tunic set looks a bit bland now thinking about it - but I am going for a loose Qui-Gon-esque look  Cool

The sting is wonderful! Faithful to the aesthetic, yet still unique and vaguely steampunk. I dig it. +1

Hi Psycho, I enjoyed modelling this one as I had to work out how to model the blade in such a way that it extended and tapered at the same time in the animation. Also the crystals have a nice "caged" frame holding them in position.

Thanks to both of you, so glad you liked the "Sting". Points on the way.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1516 on: May 27, 2020, 04:23:27 AM »

Ooh, I like the Zygerrian Sting Saber. That is one of my favorite story arcs in TCW.

Hi Teagin, sorry I nearly missed your comment  Embarrassed When I saw the Zyggerians' electro whip I really wanted to build and animate one. I had modelled a Light Whip before for a friend of mine who streams on Twitch (she plays The Old Republic games) but for this one I needed to learn how to taper the blade properly and make it possible to animate the extension/retraction.

And you are right the story was a good one but it was a bit short (three episodes IIRC). But at least it introduced another lesser known species/race into the canon.

Thanks and a point on the way.

HesaHeart
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 55

Adapt.Improvise and Overcome

« Reply #1517 on: May 27, 2020, 05:31:54 AM »

Tyeth , animation is an area i never got into , NIce work !!

( Light points when earned )

Various fan art and fiction
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?board=12.0

Own
 Dark Sentinel staff LE v4 - tri red

Wish list
Arbiter staff - blazing red-sound
Phantasm LE V4 staff - AS blade - stunt
Raven in staff setup - color ?? - stunt

mrg149
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -159

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #1518 on: May 27, 2020, 02:42:10 PM »

Thought I'd post some designs I created for a game. These are some of my favorites...There are others...Let me know which ones you like.

Alaris

Peacemaker

Swift Justice

Catalyst

Guardian

Binary Sun

Saber

Sarlacc

Dark Obsession

Force Pike

“Heeded my words not, did you? "Pass on what you have learned." Strength, mastery, hmm... but weakness, folly, failure, also. Yes, failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters."
– Yoda

ARSENAL:
*Dominix LE v2 - "Dark Apprentice"
*Dominix LE v3 - "INVICTUS"
*"GUARDIAN" -Ask for Picture (non-US saber)
-Whatever Points-

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #1519 on: May 27, 2020, 05:08:50 PM »

Thought I'd post some designs I created for a game. These are some of my favorites...There are others...Let me know which ones you like.

Alaris

Peacemaker

Swift Justice

Catalyst

Guardian

Binary Sun

Saber

Sarlacc

Dark Obsession

Force Pike
Wow mrg, those are some nice looking saber designs!

Point!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1520 on: May 27, 2020, 05:38:55 PM »

You have a point Logos, I guess my new Jedi tunic set looks a bit bland now thinking about it - but I am going for a loose Qui-Gon-esque look  Cool
I mean seriously. There's a reason most Jedi wear beige and brown. It's humble and boring.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1521 on: May 27, 2020, 06:24:48 PM »

Tyeth , animation is an area i never got into , NIce work !!

Hi HesaHeart, I only started "animating" about six months ago. Fortunately Blender has a great User Interface for animating in that even whilst you are modelling the object you can assign "Keyframes" to trigger animations. An example is the blade on the Zygerrian - I modelled the blade as a circle object and parented it to a long curved line and then set a keyframe on a Timeline strip (at the bottom of the screen) with just the circle and curve. Next I extruded the circle along the curve to form a tube, and at each foot or two of length I inserted a keyframe to set the new shape in the animation. Blender then calculates the stretch for you and "paints in" the frames inbetween for you.
This was one of my first big attempts...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sZs76EIDzQ&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sZs76EIDzQ&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

Thanks for the comment. Point on the way.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1522 on: May 27, 2020, 06:31:40 PM »

Alaris

Peacemaker

Swift Justice

Catalyst

Guardian

Binary Sun

Saber

Sarlacc

Dark Obsession

Force Pike

I'll be honest MRG I like all of them, they each have a theme and you can see "connective details" such as the emitter of the Sarlacc with the tentacle claws. The Alaris gives me a cool Starkiller TFU vibe but in staff form and the Force Pike is real nice too (which reminds me I need to do some more exotic naginata/pike/spear designs  in future)
Keep up with the designing!

point for the share.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #1523 on: May 27, 2020, 06:32:29 PM »

Hi HesaHeart, I only started "animating" about six months ago. Fortunately Blender has a great User Interface for animating in that even whilst you are modelling the object you can assign "Keyframes" to trigger animations. An example is the blade on the Zygerrian - I modelled the blade as a circle object and parented it to a long curved line and then set a keyframe on a Timeline strip (at the bottom of the screen) with just the circle and curve. Next I extruded the circle along the curve to form a tube, and at each foot or two of length I inserted a keyframe to set the new shape in the animation. Blender then calculates the stretch for you and "paints in" the frames inbetween for you.
This was one of my first big attempts...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sZs76EIDzQ&feature=youtu.be#

Thanks for the comment. Point on the way.

I know that we've seen this particular saber before but let me reiterate: this is an AWESOME animation!  Point of fact, it's this rendering that inspired me to write...er, well, a future scene in "Storms of Exodus"  Wink

SO: thanks for the inspiration FT  Grin

Point!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1524 on: May 27, 2020, 06:45:49 PM »

Hi Dutch,

Thanks, I'm glad to have been an inspiration - that is a cool feeling to have knowing I somehow prompted creativity in others. I was particularly happy with this model because I had modelled it based on one screenshot from the Dark Rey teaser trailer. And I built and animated it in less than a week - I believe I was one of the first to publish a version of it online.

point in return, thanks again.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1525 on: May 27, 2020, 06:49:22 PM »

I mean seriously. There's a reason most Jedi wear beige and brown. It's humble and boring.

Two words (among others I can't repeat in public) that people have described me as!  Grin

Thanks Logos. point.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1526 on: May 27, 2020, 06:55:28 PM »

Two words (among others I can't repeat in public) that people have described me as!  Grin

Thanks Logos. point.
It allows them to do their jobs better. Hard to remain unassuming if everyone is aware of you.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1527 on: May 27, 2020, 07:20:32 PM »

It allows them to do their jobs better. Hard to remain unassuming if everyone is aware of you.

Hi Logos, yes I guess it's a case of "be bland, blend in"! I think I can manage that, even if I do look like Qui-gon!

mrg149
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -159

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #1528 on: May 27, 2020, 10:00:58 PM »

I'll be honest MRG I like all of them, they each have a theme and you can see "connective details" such as the emitter of the Sarlacc with the tentacle claws. The Alaris gives me a cool Starkiller TFU vibe but in staff form and the Force Pike is real nice too (which reminds me I need to do some more exotic naginata/pike/spear designs  in future)
Keep up with the designing!

point for the share.

Thanks bub!

iit's mazing what prims, sculpts and good texturing will yield.

The Force Pike is based off the TLJ Red Guard staff…but lightsaber and not red :-D

“Heeded my words not, did you? "Pass on what you have learned." Strength, mastery, hmm... but weakness, folly, failure, also. Yes, failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters."
– Yoda

ARSENAL:
*Dominix LE v2 - "Dark Apprentice"
*Dominix LE v3 - "INVICTUS"
*"GUARDIAN" -Ask for Picture (non-US saber)
-Whatever Points-

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1529 on: May 30, 2020, 09:24:33 AM »

Hello Everybody, well it's that Time And Relative Dimension In Space to showcase my latest build and as you might have guessed from my little intro I have a Whovian themed hilt today for a change!

I had been meaning to build a Dalek themed hilt ever since I met Sophie Aldred (who played ACE the Doctor's assistant) at my local Comic Con a couple of years ago. I designed a hilt for her and got to show her the pictures I created. Sophie was a little bewildered at first that I was showing her a Lightsaber but when I explained  and showed her it was built to look like ACE's baseball bat she really got it and we had a great chat.(I even snagged a photo with her and TWO autographs - one dedicated to For Tyeth and a second to me in my earth given name - how kind was that!)

Thanks for looking in on this design and don't worry I have put the Dalek back in my vault so there'll be no exterminations. Thanks for the support and stay safe.

Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: