Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 448672 times)
Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 297

« Reply #1545 on: June 01, 2020, 07:22:56 AM »

Somehow I missed a few days in this thread.....

Wow, love that Dr. Who story For Tyeth! Not to mention those two hilts! Awesome.

Light Side points appreciated, when warranted.
> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag
> Sentinel v4 w/sound - CG - Mysterybox

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1546 on: June 01, 2020, 10:43:10 AM »

Hi Dutch....funny you should mention Sonic Screwdrivers...how about the Fourth Doctor's...

I modelled this one for a Dr Who fan who has a YT channel. I modelled the saber to represent the Gallifreyan costumes seen in the "Trial of a Time Lord" story arc and I named it the Pryndonian Saber after the House Pryndonain where the Doctor studied before his self exile/joyride.

I figured it needed a Sonic to go with it!  Cool Roll Eyes

Thanks as always for the positive comments. Point on it's way.

Hey there, For! I love both of these designs! Points incoming for this!

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1547 on: June 01, 2020, 12:43:01 PM »

Hello Everybody, well it's that Time And Relative Dimension In Space to showcase my latest build and as you might have guessed from my little intro I have a Whovian themed hilt today for a change!

WOOO! It's time to keep calm and EXTERMINATE!

Hi Dutch....funny you should mention Sonic Screwdrivers...how about the Fourth Doctor's...

I modelled this one for a Dr Who fan....
Seriously? This is a horrible pun. Although I'm not certain that it's a fan and not an old time microphone.

The red one looks like you have the blade coming out the wrong end, but no rule saying that you can't have a thin-necked pommel.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #1548 on: June 01, 2020, 01:17:30 PM »

Very nice sabers FT! Especially like the screwdriver

The red one looks like you have the blade coming out the wrong end, but no rule saying that you can't have a thin-necked pommel.

Gives me a few "cursed" saber ideas if you will...

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1549 on: June 01, 2020, 01:22:19 PM »

Very nice sabers FT! Especially like the screwdriver

Gives me a few "cursed" saber ideas if you will...
Uh-oh

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #1550 on: June 01, 2020, 11:11:53 PM »

Hi guys,

I finally managed to get my laptop to reboot after it shutdown on me earlier. Thanks Lord_S_Grey, HesaHeart, Dutch, Psycho, Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen and Infinit for your comments and endorsements.

To Logos, that isn't a fan or a microphone but definitely a Gallifreyan Sonic Screwdriver. However the red hilt (which is in the traditional Pryndonian House college colours) has quite an ornate pommel and isn't the emitter! Here is a look at the pommel...

I think this shows it off well and you might just be able to make out some etching around the mid section of the hilt? Well that is the name of the guy I designed this for and is written in old Gallifreyan script.

Thanks again and a wave of points on the way.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1551 on: June 02, 2020, 12:53:04 PM »

To Logos, that isn't a fan or a microphone but definitely a Gallifreyan Sonic Screwdriver. However the red hilt (which is in the traditional Pryndonian House college colours) has quite an ornate pommel and isn't the emitter! Here is a look at the pommel...

Sadly I am not that big of a Whovian......yet. SO I have very little clue what you are talking about.

However, I must now have this pommel. I actually think this would also look good as an emitter. Maybe when you get bored, you could create a saber with this at both ends (not necessarily symmetric from end-end).

Sig by For Tyeth

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1552 on: June 02, 2020, 02:41:17 PM »

Sadly I am not that big of a Whovian......yet. SO I have very little clue what you are talking about.

However, I must now have this pommel. I actually think this would also look good as an emitter. Maybe when you get bored, you could create a saber with this at both ends (not necessarily symmetric from end-end).

Hi Logos, I used to be a big Dr Who fan (70's to 90's era) but the more recent seasons just seem to be all big Fx and running around. In the old classic Who seasons you could at least follow or work out the storyline and what the Doctor was doing.

But back to sabers, I'll work on that hilt and pommel combo idea - and I just thought maybe I can take a knife to some of my other hilts and split them into individual parts/sections. I should have one or two parts that work.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1553 on: June 02, 2020, 02:47:39 PM »

Hi guys,

I finally managed to get my laptop to reboot after it shutdown on me earlier. Thanks Lord_S_Grey, HesaHeart, Dutch, Psycho, Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen and Infinit for your comments and endorsements.

I think this shows it off well and you might just be able to make out some etching around the mid section of the hilt? Well that is the name of the guy I designed this for and is written in old Gallifreyan script.

Thanks again and a wave of points on the way.

I like it, it's aesthetically pleasing and gives the saber a royal vibe to it. Someone within a royal family can own this saber.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1554 on: June 02, 2020, 03:14:04 PM »

I like it, it's aesthetically pleasing and gives the saber a royal vibe to it. Someone within a royal family can own this saber.

Hi Infinit, if I told you were I got the inspiration for this hilt design you'd never believe me...
so I'm glad you think it looks regal!

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #1555 on: June 02, 2020, 07:21:30 PM »

Hi Logos, I used to be a big Dr Who fan (70's to 90's era) but the more recent seasons just seem to be all big Fx and running around. In the old classic Who seasons you could at least follow or work out the storyline and what the Doctor was doing.

Apparently, you have access to FAR better quality of recordings of the “classic” Dr. Who episodes than what few I have seen; they are so bad that I cannot bear to watch them, nor can I make out the dialogue very well.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1556 on: June 03, 2020, 01:15:52 AM »

Apparently, you have access to FAR better quality of recordings of the “classic” Dr. Who episodes than what few I have seen; they are so bad that I cannot bear to watch them, nor can I make out the dialogue very well.

Hi Cyclops, I have a distinct advantage....I'm old and I was around when the episodes were first broadcast! Dr Who was a big thing in the UK for younglings my age during the 70's to early 90's.

But this does have disadvantages too...some days I feel so old I think I could be a Timelord myself! But If you can get better copies of the show I highly recommend them.

HesaHeart
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 55

Adapt.Improvise and Overcome

« Reply #1557 on: June 03, 2020, 02:12:47 AM »

Sir if you feel old enough to be a timelord what that make me Rasalon

( Light points when earned )

Various fan art and fiction
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?board=12.0

Own
 Dark Sentinel staff LE v4 - tri red

Wish list
Arbiter staff - blazing red-sound
Phantasm LE V4 staff - AS blade - stunt
Raven in staff setup - color ?? - stunt

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #1558 on: June 03, 2020, 04:57:39 AM »

Hi Cyclops, I have a distinct advantage....I'm old and I was around when the episodes were first broadcast! Dr Who was a big thing in the UK for younglings my age during the 70's to early 90's.

But this does have disadvantages too...some days I feel so old I think I could be a Timelord myself! But If you can get better copies of the show I highly recommend them.

I was around then, too, but we lived ‘way out in the boonies, and were lucky to get three separate channels for TV.  Cable didn’t reach us, we were so far out in the sticks.  I guarantee you, we would not have seen anything from BBC on the channels that we COULD receive, seeing as how I’m based in the contiguous 48 states of the US.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1559 on: June 03, 2020, 10:16:02 PM »

Hi Cyclops,

Yeah I heard that the cable channels of the US were a bit sketchy as far as content was concerned, but luckily some early episodes should be available online now (I think).

And to HesaHeart, I have learnt that you are only as old as the person you feel so if you stay young minded you should be OK.

Finally to Logos...I did a quick "chop shop" job on the Pryndonian Saber and have this a preview of what your suggestion might look like (and I did two colour schemes)…

Thanks for looking in and the comments, and fear not I'm working on 2 or 3 projects as we speak so I have more in the pipeline.

Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: