Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 453518 times)
TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #1575 on: June 06, 2020, 02:03:35 AM »

Hi everyone, just a quick draft of an idea to see how far I can "stretch a concept"  Smiley

I'll keep working on it, but I have now been asked to build a Starfighter to accompany that other ship I mentioned! My product line is growing it seems.
I like this^^  The texture goes perfectly with that hilt  Smiley

Oh I can't WAIT to see those ships!!!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1559

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #1576 on: June 06, 2020, 02:12:20 AM »

Now I’m thinking of those Chinese finger traps, for some reason, or maybe a Christmas cracker.

Hi Cyclops, in retrospect it does have a sort of "candy cane" look now you mention Christmas...but at least I reminded everyone to start saving for Holiday Season saber gifts!

I like this^^  The texture goes perfectly with that hilt  Smiley

Oh I can't WAIT to see those ships!!!

And thanks to you also Dutch. I will modify this design and create a few versions as I usually do. Plus I must say that your eagerness hasn't gone unnoticed - the Guild saw your comments and interest in their ships and I'm sure they'll share them with everyone when ready! I've finished the main ship and working on a "Snub-Nose" to go with it now.

Thanks to both of you and points inbound.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1577 on: June 07, 2020, 02:15:30 AM »

Hello everybody,

It's that time of the week again and as I have been busy "shipbuilding" I have taken my eye off the ball a little regarding sabers. But fear not I have something for the lovers if "bling" and gold in particular...I have an all gold/brass version of my recent Zygerrian Sting Saber….

It is just a quick colour scheme change but I also redid the animation from "a different point of view" to get a few more angles and reflections etc...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=788m2ywKEEI" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=788m2ywKEEI</a>

Thankfully I think I have completed the large ship and have already done about 90% of it's little companion ship, so I should soon be able to concentrate on sabers again. (I have about 6 saber designs lined up and around 4 maybe 5 ships to showcase in coming posts).
Thanks for checking this one out, till next time....stay safe everyone.

HesaHeart
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 55

Adapt.Improvise and Overcome

« Reply #1578 on: June 07, 2020, 03:16:51 AM »

Excellent as always sir

( Light points when earned )

Various fan art and fiction
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?board=12.0

Own
 Dark Sentinel staff LE v4 - tri red

Wish list
Arbiter staff - blazing red-sound
Phantasm LE V4 staff - AS blade - stunt
Raven in staff setup - color ?? - stunt

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #1579 on: June 07, 2020, 07:56:43 AM »

Very different, almost pompous look, can just imagine it being a luxury on a Zygerian leaders belt never intended to be used just to show off their wealth and power.

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #1580 on: June 07, 2020, 01:13:14 PM »

I hear Infinit01 somewhere nearby...

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #1581 on: June 07, 2020, 02:32:21 PM »

Hello everybody,

It's that time of the week again and as I have been busy "shipbuilding" I have taken my eye off the ball a little regarding sabers. But fear not I have something for the lovers if "bling" and gold in particular...I have an all gold/brass version of my recent Zygerrian Sting Saber….

It is just a quick colour scheme change but I also redid the animation from "a different point of view" to get a few more angles and reflections etc...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=788m2ywKEEI#

Thankfully I think I have completed the large ship and have already done about 90% of it's little companion ship, so I should soon be able to concentrate on sabers again. (I have about 6 saber designs lined up and around 4 maybe 5 ships to showcase in coming posts).

Awesome as always, FT!  Any Zygerrian would sell their entire clowder to own that whip  Wink

Right!?!   Grin

SO in honor of Infinit01:

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1582 on: June 07, 2020, 09:58:57 PM »

Very different, almost pompous look, can just imagine it being a luxury on a Zygerian leaders belt never intended to be used just to show off their wealth and power.

Hi LSG, that was the idea I was going for...an arrogance about it. The Zygerrians did try to re-instate slavery when the Clone War gave them the opportunity, so I thought they wouldn't have qualms about showing off their new found wealth flaunting a hilt like this.

Awesome as always, FT!  Any Zygerrian would sell their entire clowder to own that whip  Wink
Right!?!   Grin

Thanks Dutch, you more or less described how I saw the Zygerrians as mentioned to LSG! ^^

And yes Cyclops, it was Infinit and Logos who kinda inspired me to produce LE versions of all my hilts - L E = Luxuriously Embellished  Cool

points to all.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2789

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1583 on: June 08, 2020, 11:04:59 AM »

Hello everybody,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=788m2ywKEEI#

I....I lo....I love.... I love Go.....

I loooooooooooooove gold!!!!!

I want this saber in all of it's beauty and glory!  Great work as always, For! I feel like I'm being spoiled.

SO in honor of Infinit01:

You boys know me quite well! Wink

Points to all Smiley

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #1584 on: June 08, 2020, 04:34:52 PM »

I....I lo....I love.... I love Go.....

I loooooooooooooove gold!!!!!

I want this saber in all of it's beauty and glory!  Great work as always, For! I feel like I'm being spoiled.

You boys know me quite well! Wink

Points to all Smiley

Boys?  Boys?  Boys?!?!

What do men look like where YOU come from?  Have you SEEN my grey beard and bald(ing) head?

LOL

Just kidding, I know it’s just a phrasing choice, but I couldn’t resist the chance to fire back.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1585 on: June 12, 2020, 11:37:03 PM »

Hello Everybody,

It's the weekend again and that means it's new saber time! I have just uploaded a MASSIVE haul of images of some curved hilts I've designed but due to possible issues of it looking "similar" to some "other sabers"  I won't be posting them here so as not to cause confusion or issues. Soooo what can I post today instead? How about these couple....

I have never seen the cartoon from which this comes from but I believe it is the Gundam Beam Saber from the cartoon Gundam launched way back in 1979. Hope you like it and thanks for looking in.

HesaHeart
Knight Commander

« Reply #1586 on: June 12, 2020, 11:38:24 PM »

That works Sir +point

Own

Wish list

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1587 on: June 13, 2020, 12:08:53 AM »

Hi HesaHeart,

Thanks, I decided to model this as Darth Logos and a few other members have mentioned it in the Lego Thread and a couple of other topics.
This is basically a replica modelled on the toy that is available but I got to use some new tools in Blender that helps create really nice clean cut outs and recesses etc which really brought this one to life. (The topology is really clean when you view this in wireframe mode)

And I like the Sith Bat'Leth you posted earlier. Point incoming.

HesaHeart
Knight Commander

« Reply #1588 on: June 13, 2020, 12:11:16 AM »

i also discoved a new trick... taking b/w svg files convert to dxf file and bring that into my 3d allows to add details i can not model and adds more details like the bits on my Asian influenced one

Own

Wish list

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1589 on: June 13, 2020, 12:39:01 AM »

i also discoved a new trick... taking b/w svg files convert to dxf file and bring that into my 3d allows to add details i can not model and adds more details like the bits on my Asian influenced one

Hi again, Yes SVG are very useful. Blender imports SVG files directly and allows me to convert the image into a model mesh which I can "extrude" to give the logo thickness. I used the trick to model the Klingon Empire logo on my Gre'thor hilts and my versions of the Bat'Leth. You will see SVG modelled logos wherever there is a Jedi or Sith logo on my hilts too.

Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: