Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 448436 times)
For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #1650 on: July 07, 2020, 02:47:04 PM »

First movie actually. Ghost is the super-bad in AM&W.

Thanks Logos, as you can probably tell I'm not the biggest Marvel film fan. I can recognise the classics such as Spidey, Hulk and Thor but some of the "newer" characters that are being introduced I'm a bit fuzzy on. I have seen the first Ant-man film but you can tell it didn't stick in my memory much.

LOVE this FT! Point!

Hello Psycho, glad you like this one too. I was lucky to have retrieved it after the problems I had with my laptop (and still having!) Hope you and your folks are safe and well.

points to both of you and thanks again.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1651 on: July 07, 2020, 07:51:08 PM »

Thanks Logos, as you can probably tell I'm not the biggest Marvel film fan.
We need to fix that.

I can recognise the classics such as Spidey, Hulk and Thor but some of the "newer" characters that are being introduced I'm a bit fuzzy on. I have seen the first Ant-man film but you can tell it didn't stick in my memory much.
Antman is pretty old as well. 1962 to be exact.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

BaliMawr
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 29

Scrapper

« Reply #1652 on: July 07, 2020, 08:53:17 PM »

Hello Everybody,

Today is time to introduce you to something new and my new companion...
This is my new "dROYd" or as I call him, ROY! He is a new mech I built based on BD-1 from Jedi Fallen Order. I figured if Cal Kestis could have a little buddy then so can I!

Nice!  I learned to model in Rhino, and have dabbled in Blender, but haven't figured out technical construction, yet.  Well done!

Mine:
-Fallen w/BRE, Obsidian Lite sound, BVA
-Dark Catalyst, Stunt, AS
Son's:
-Dark Initiate LE V4, Stunt, FO (x2)

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1653 on: July 08, 2020, 02:19:20 AM »

Nice!  I learned to model in Rhino, and have dabbled in Blender, but haven't figured out technical construction, yet.  Well done!

Hello BaliMawr, thank you for the kind comment. Fellow designer and member HesaHeart also uses Rhino so you may like to check out his thread for concept sabers too - he does great work. Here's the link:

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=45197.msg766533#msg766533

You and HesaHeart have an advantage over me as you both started with Rhino which is more CAD orientated, whereas I used to use a "modular" online saber building app (we won't talk about that too much as it was created by the "other guys"). However that app had limits to what I could do and was eventually modified so my laptop couldn't run it. I then switched to Blender and haven't looked back. I use it more as a "sketchpad" for ideas and then try to make them look nice - not necessarily tech accurate, but I am starting to work on getting more accuracy in my hilts and have modelled some hilts 1 to 1 including Ultrasaber's Aeon V4 and Standard Battle Issue sabers.

Thanks again and I had better get back to work adding those mods to ROY I mentioned!

BaliMawr
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 29

Scrapper

« Reply #1654 on: July 08, 2020, 02:34:49 AM »

Hello BaliMawr, thank you for the kind comment. Fellow designer and member HesaHeart also uses Rhino so you may like to check out his thread for concept sabers too - he does great work.
Thanks again and I had better get back to work adding those mods to ROY I mentioned!

Thanks for the link!  I've been working through some ofmtheir Blender Guru totorials, as Blendwr has the advantage of allowing more direct  sculptural manipulation, and as a teacher, I want tomget more proficient in it, as it's free and accessible to students.  Rhino also really doesn't edit meshes well, so any time I need to modify an .STL file, I take it into blender.

Mine:
-Fallen w/BRE, Obsidian Lite sound, BVA
-Dark Catalyst, Stunt, AS
Son's:
-Dark Initiate LE V4, Stunt, FO (x2)

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1655 on: July 08, 2020, 02:47:53 AM »

Hi again,

You're welcome. I will just say that once you venture down the "rabbit-hole" that is Blender forever will you be lost in it! I started out 2 years ago trying to model a cylinder and now I'm doing basic animations and building starships!

So good luck with your Blender adventure and if you think I can help/advise on anything just ask and I'll do my best to answer or point you in the right direction to those that can assist better. (Though you are already watching Andrew Price on YT who is good - just be careful how many do-nuts you consume!)

HesaHeart
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 55

Adapt.Improvise and Overcome

« Reply #1656 on: July 08, 2020, 02:49:32 AM »

FT is the blender man some amazing work

( Light points when earned )

Various fan art and fiction
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?board=12.0

Own
 Dark Sentinel staff LE v4 - tri red

Wish list
Arbiter staff - blazing red-sound
Phantasm LE V4 staff - AS blade - stunt
Raven in staff setup - color ?? - stunt

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #1657 on: July 09, 2020, 03:31:53 AM »

To echo my esteemed visual experts, both FT and HH are fantastic artists!  If you get the chance, check out both of their threads' backlog pages to really get an idea of the kind of incredible work that they do  Smiley

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1658 on: July 11, 2020, 02:19:53 PM »

Hello again and thanks to HesaHeart and Dutch for the kind comments....but now I need to post another ship!

Now some of you may have heard of a starfighter named the T.I.E. Fighter built by Sienar Fleet Systems, yes? But did you know that TIE doesn't stand for Twin Ion Engine...it actually represents the company that built the early prototypes of the ship (before the Empire stole the company  Grin) and TIE actually refers to...Tyeth Industries Experimentals? No? Well here are some of my early design work on the TIE Fighter FTX-1 variants....

The First TIE I ever produced..not great but I did improve on it as you will see further down the post...

So now I have set the record straight  Wink I can move on and continue designing my sabers (yes I still build sabers despite all the ships I have recently posted!) Thanks to all of you for your support, hope you liked the "Original TIE". Till next TIEme...

(p.s. There is a further advanced variant I will be posting soon and let's just say you won't miss it, it's rather...colourful!)

HesaHeart
Knight Commander

« Reply #1659 on: July 11, 2020, 02:31:55 PM »

Our Lead artist once again shows his skills Great fantantistic etc etc

Own

Wish list

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1660 on: July 11, 2020, 02:50:29 PM »

Our Lead artist once again shows his skills Great fantantistic etc etc

Hi HesaHeart. thanks and I'm glad you liked it. I am enjoying building ships as it helps stretch my portfolio.

And to all the members out there - can anyone tell me, what is the link between the image of my prototype and Han Solo?  Roll Eyes

point to HesaHeart and another point to whoever guesses correctly!

HesaHeart
Knight Commander

« Reply #1661 on: July 11, 2020, 03:02:28 PM »

Hi HesaHeart. thanks and I'm glad you liked it. I am enjoying building ships as it helps stretch my portfolio.

And to all the members out there - can anyone tell me, what is the link between the image of my prototype and Han Solo?  Roll Eyes

point to HesaHeart and another point to whoever guesses correctly!

Thanks FT and i have no clue

Own

Wish list

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #1662 on: July 11, 2020, 03:24:33 PM »

Hello again and thanks to HesaHeart and Dutch for the kind comments....but now I need to post another ship!

Now some of you may have heard of a starfighter named the T.I.E. Fighter built by Sienar Fleet Systems, yes? But did you know that TIE doesn't stand for Twin Ion Engine...it actually represents the company that built the early prototypes of the ship (before the Empire stole the company  Grin) and TIE actually refers to...Tyeth Industries Experimentals? No? Well here are some of my early design work on the TIE Fighter FTX-1 variants....

The First TIE I ever produced..not great but I did improve on it as you will see further down the post...

So now I have set the record straight  Wink I can move on and continue designing my sabers (yes I still build sabers despite all the ships I have recently posted!) Thanks to all of you for your support, hope you liked the "Original TIE". Till next TIEme...

(p.s. There is a further advanced variant I will be posting soon and let's just say you won't miss it, it's rather...colourful!)
Those bastards from Sienar, stealing from Tyeth Industries Experimentals...  Wink

FT, the TIE never looked so good  Smiley  I was wondering...is the TIE Defender is something I could persuade Tyeth Industries to produce in a future submission?   Cheesy

Looking forward to more my friend!

Another well-deserved point  Smiley

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1663 on: July 11, 2020, 03:32:03 PM »

Hello Dutch,

Thank you for the support, I don't approve of industrial sabotage of my "company" but I am still in business. I'll definitely take a look at a Defender for you if you want but you might want to have a peek in your Inbox...(another sneak peek)

I already awarded you a point in the last 24hr so another will be on the way when I'm able to send one!

HesaHeart
Knight Commander

« Reply #1664 on: July 11, 2020, 03:39:07 PM »

FT for simple room and board i offer my services as security to prevent further spys

Own

Wish list

Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: