Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 440682 times)
For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #1680 on: July 20, 2020, 04:53:43 PM »

You've outdone yourself with this Ahsoka saber, For. Although I like the black version, the orange ones are nicer.  Point incoming

Hi Infinit, thanks - I prefer the orange ones too. They were modelled after I saw the helmets that Ahsoka's clone troopers painted in TCW, I just thought that colour scheme would look great on a hilt for her (or two). The black version was based on the colours of Ahsoka's speeder bike that she crashes on Thebaska.

point back for your support

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1681 on: July 20, 2020, 05:22:41 PM »

Hi Infinit, thanks - I prefer the orange ones too. They were modelled after I saw the helmets that Ahsoka's clone troopers painted in TCW, I just thought that colour scheme would look great on a hilt for her (or two). The black version was based on the colours of Ahsoka's speeder bike that she crashes on Thebaska.

point back for your support
So.....when are you gonna attempt Psycho's rapier design?

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1682 on: July 21, 2020, 09:25:15 PM »

So.....when are you gonna attempt Psycho's rapier design?

Hi Logos, sorry late replying but had a few bad days feeling under the weather (not sure what's causing it but I have felt ill for no reason) and my laptop was "updating" so didn't work very well. Have saved a copy of Psycho's design so maybe in the next week or two I might have something.

But right now I need some good food and rest and try to shift this woolly headache I have!

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1683 on: July 22, 2020, 02:08:56 PM »

Hi Logos, sorry late replying but had a few bad days feeling under the weather (not sure what's causing it but I have felt ill for no reason) and my laptop was "updating" so didn't work very well. Have saved a copy of Psycho's design so maybe in the next week or two I might have something.

But right now I need some good food and rest and try to shift this woolly headache I have!
I was discussing it last night with Kath, and she agrees that despite certain design elements, this design works on the whole. I can't wait to see a 3D render of it.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1684 on: July 22, 2020, 08:49:39 PM »

I was discussing it last night with Kath, and she agrees that despite certain design elements, this design works on the whole. I can't wait to see a 3D render of it.

Hello Logos and LAK, well good news! I had a stinking headache as I mentioned so I dived in and started building Psycho's new design to distract myself from my headache. I already have a base model and sent him a preview which he 95% approves of (just two details we want to get right). Shouldn't be long now before it can be posted.

I think I should have headaches more often, I built the design in around an hour and a half!  Undecided

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1685 on: July 25, 2020, 03:52:27 PM »

Hello Everybody,

It's Saturday so that means another sabe....er no, not today! I have another spaceship for you to check out and if you are fans of 1980's arcade games you'll love this (I hope)....

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=te8EcO0ylBc&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=te8EcO0ylBc&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

I don't know why but I can't get Pac-Man outta my head!

Thanks for checking this one out and in saber related news I have built PsychoSith's new Rapier design and am 99% ready to show you it all (just waiting on fixing a small detail). Plus I still have a few more TCW and Rebels inspired hilts.....(and another TIE for The Dutchman) So still plenty to come in future posts.

HesaHeart
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 55

Adapt.Improvise and Overcome

« Reply #1686 on: July 25, 2020, 04:25:29 PM »

lol pacman

( Light points when earned )

Various fan art and fiction
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?board=12.0

Own
 Dark Sentinel staff LE v4 - tri red

Wish list
Arbiter staff - blazing red-sound
Phantasm LE V4 staff - AS blade - stunt
Raven in staff setup - color ?? - stunt

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1687 on: July 25, 2020, 06:53:06 PM »

lol pacman

Hi HesaHeart, I just couldn't help myself but make the arcade connection . Seen from the side all I can think of are mazes, The Ghosts and the big yellow Cheese.
Mind you I doubt many of the younger forum members remember this classic game!

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #1688 on: July 26, 2020, 01:12:19 PM »

Hi HesaHeart, I just couldn't help myself but make the arcade connection . Seen from the side all I can think of are mazes, The Ghosts and the big yellow Cheese.
Mind you I doubt many of the younger forum members remember this classic game!
And what a classic it was.  I remember seeing the pattern of the maze burnt into the screen when the machines were finally turned off for the day.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1689 on: July 26, 2020, 11:27:40 PM »

And what a classic it was.  I remember seeing the pattern of the maze burnt into the screen when the machines were finally turned off for the day.

Hi Cyclops, I was in the same boat as you! My folks were friends with the owners of a few amusement arcades (my grandfather was a fairground carpenter/mechanic/craftsman and we kept in touch with a lot of people he worked with) as I lived on the coast of the UK. As a result I got to "work" the arcades during summer and had free tokens. I had the image of the maze burnt into my retinas (and I could see TIE-Fighters and Death Star trenches whenever I shut my eyes! We had the sit-in arcade cabinet version of the game!)
Maybe I should do a series of hilts based on classic 8-Bit games...

Thanks and a point on the way to you.

HesaHeart
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 55

Adapt.Improvise and Overcome

« Reply #1690 on: July 27, 2020, 12:08:10 AM »

Hi Cyclops, I was in the same boat as you! My folks were friends with the owners of a few amusement arcades (my grandfather was a fairground carpenter/mechanic/craftsman and we kept in touch with a lot of people he worked with) as I lived on the coast of the UK. As a result I got to "work" the arcades during summer and had free tokens. I had the image of the maze burnt into my retinas (and I could see TIE-Fighters and Death Star trenches whenever I shut my eyes! We had the sit-in arcade cabinet version of the game!)
Maybe I should do a series of hilts based on classic 8-Bit games...

Thanks and a point on the way to you.

That would be a cool theme FT... my drawing has been sidelined as i have managed to line up a few students to meet me at the park and searching for somewhere for us to train inside.

( Light points when earned )

Various fan art and fiction
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?board=12.0

Own
 Dark Sentinel staff LE v4 - tri red

Wish list
Arbiter staff - blazing red-sound
Phantasm LE V4 staff - AS blade - stunt
Raven in staff setup - color ?? - stunt

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1691 on: July 27, 2020, 12:15:20 AM »

That would be a cool theme FT... my drawing has been sidelined as i have managed to line up a few students to meet me at the park and searching for somewhere for us to train inside.

Hello HesaHeart, no worries - everyone is glad to see your work whenever you post it. But it is great that you have a chance to pass on teachings to a younger generation. I never ascended to the level where I could teach sabering but I did design a saber for one  of my past Sensei, Master Bevan.

Anyhow, may the Force be with you finding a suitable location for your "Temple".

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1692 on: July 27, 2020, 07:57:56 PM »

Hello Everybody,

It's Saturday so that means another sabe....er no, not today! I have another spaceship for you to check out and if you are fans of 1980's arcade games you'll love this (I hope)....

Thanks for checking this one out and in saber related news I have built PsychoSith's new Rapier design and am 99% ready to show you it all (just waiting on fixing a small detail). Plus I still have a few more TCW and Rebels inspired hilts.....(and another TIE for The Dutchman) So still plenty to come in future posts.
Personally I always hated this design. If a TIE functioned just as well missing 33% of the solar array, then WHY wouldn't the Empire have modified the design to increase visibility and the effectiveness of their pilots? Angry

Sig by For Tyeth

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1693 on: July 27, 2020, 09:34:50 PM »

Personally I always hated this design. If a TIE functioned just as well missing 33% of the solar array, then WHY wouldn't the Empire have modified the design to increase visibility and the effectiveness of their pilots? Angry

Hi Logos, there is the possibility that the Mining Guild spent a bit of money and used more efficient parts in their TIE-MG ships, they did after all install atmospheric control for the cockpits so maybe they had better solar arrays too. The Empire also relied on intimidation and weight in numbers, it was stated somewhere that Imp TIE pilots were "expendable". I don't know but my TIE fighter I first posted had shield generators (totally non canon of course  Smiley )

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #1694 on: July 27, 2020, 09:51:00 PM »

That is one of the most out there designs I think you have done, so vivid yellow it should look wrong yet somehow works and looks just what you would expect for a mining guild that buys some surplus TIE off Seinar does some modifications then paints to match their logo. Excellent background too the asteroid and mountain suit a mining guild perfectly.

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: