Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 440583 times)
For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #1695 on: July 27, 2020, 10:23:04 PM »

That is one of the most out there designs I think you have done, so vivid yellow it should look wrong yet somehow works and looks just what you would expect for a mining guild that buys some surplus TIE off Seinar does some modifications then paints to match their logo. Excellent background too the asteroid and mountain suit a mining guild perfectly.

Thanks LSG, but I can't claim credit for the backgrounds in the static images - the first (title) image is actually a screenshot of Lothal from Rebels, the asteroid image is a free download from StarWars.com for people to use for Zoom or Twitch vlogs etc!(StarWars.com has a free gallery of about 3 dozen images) The animated backdrop is an HDRi hi definition image I used from a panorama wallpaper site but it looked so much like Lothal's canyons I had to use it (also, you might recognise it from your Vornyx Fighter images  Wink )

And I'm glad you liked the craziness of this TIE fighter but I do have....another! And it is totally off the chain (it was a request build for TheDutchman).

Thanks and points to both you and Logos.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1696 on: July 28, 2020, 01:03:52 PM »

Hi Logos, there is the possibility that the Mining Guild spent a bit of money and used more efficient parts in their TIE-MG ships, they did after all install atmospheric control for the cockpits so maybe they had better solar arrays too. The Empire also relied on intimidation and weight in numbers, it was stated somewhere that Imp TIE pilots were "expendable". I don't know but my TIE fighter I first posted had shield generators (totally non canon of course  Smiley )
Possibly. But, if I'm not mistaken, the Empire doesn't like sharing anything; especially ship design. Plus, considering that Sienar was nationalized, I found highly unlikely that the private sector would be able to get their hands on such craft. However, I won't discount that the mining guild was also nationalized in an as-yet-untold story.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1697 on: July 28, 2020, 09:43:12 PM »

Possibly. But, if I'm not mistaken, the Empire doesn't like sharing anything; especially ship design. Plus, considering that Sienar was nationalized, I found highly unlikely that the private sector would be able to get their hands on such craft. However, I won't discount that the mining guild was also nationalized in an as-yet-untold story.

It wouldn't surprise me that the Empire "allowed" Seinar and the Guilds to do business, there would more than likely be a shady deal somewhere. The Empire would want some control and bargaining power over the Guilds so let them have basic TIEs to protect their own interests (so the mining operations were safe and ready to be absorbed by the Empire when they wanted).

I don't know, I'm not a big political guy but I do know the Guilds didn't get hold of the next TIE variant I have built ...it is a beast!

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1698 on: July 29, 2020, 06:55:30 PM »

It wouldn't surprise me that the Empire "allowed" Seinar and the Guilds to do business, there would more than likely be a shady deal somewhere. The Empire would want some control and bargaining power over the Guilds so let them have basic TIEs to protect their own interests (so the mining operations were safe and ready to be absorbed by the Empire when they wanted).

I don't know, I'm not a big political guy but I do know the Guilds didn't get hold of the next TIE variant I have built ...it is a beast!
Despite my utter hatred of politics, I do appreciate how much they shape stories within the SW universe.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1699 on: August 01, 2020, 01:59:44 PM »

Hello Everybody,

It's Saturday so that means more new sabers! Due to a bit of an issue with one of my designs I decided not to post a few weeks ago my schedule got twisted and I posted this Mobile Suit Gundam Beam Saber design instead of the curved hilts I intended to post.

Well long story short I posted my Gundam hilt last night on my site to try and rectify my schedule so I need a new design to post here today.
I have been a little bit busy...editing some pictures for a fellow member and FanFic contributor but I DID manage to work on something very special....remember this in PsychoSith's Saber Art thread?

How about a sneak peek?

This hilt is fully modelled and Psycho has seen/approved it and there will be a full gallery coming soon!
Thanks for checking this post out and till next time stay safe.

HesaHeart
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 55

Adapt.Improvise and Overcome

« Reply #1700 on: August 01, 2020, 03:33:23 PM »

More great work sir !!! points

( Light points when earned )

Various fan art and fiction
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?board=12.0

Own
 Dark Sentinel staff LE v4 - tri red

Wish list
Arbiter staff - blazing red-sound
Phantasm LE V4 staff - AS blade - stunt
Raven in staff setup - color ?? - stunt

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1701 on: August 03, 2020, 01:43:16 PM »

Hello Everybody,

It's Saturday so that means more new sabers! Due to a bit of an issue with one of my designs I decided not to post a few weeks ago my schedule got twisted and I posted this Mobile Suit Gundam Beam Saber design instead of the curved hilts I intended to post.

Well long story short I posted my Gundam hilt last night on my site to try and rectify my schedule so I need a new design to post here today.
I have been a little bit busy...editing some pictures for a fellow member and FanFic contributor but I DID manage to work on something very special....remember this in PsychoSith's Saber Art thread?

How about a sneak peek?

This hilt is fully modelled and Psycho has seen/approved it and there will be a full gallery coming soon!
Thanks for checking this post out and till next time stay safe.

Beautiful design once again, For. Points incoming for creating a Gundam inspired saber. Gundam anything is great to me

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1702 on: August 03, 2020, 02:55:11 PM »

More great work sir !!! points
Beautiful design once again, For. Points incoming for creating a Gundam inspired saber. Gundam anything is great to me

Thanks HesaHeart and Infinit, a few members here were discussing anime and Gundam in particular a few weeks back and I had built a Macross inspired hilt so thought I'd try the Beam Saber too. I did base mine on the Bandai toy but I only had one reference photo to work from so had to improvise a pommel cap for the hilt. I also had a new add-on for Blender to try out and it worked beautifully on this hilt - making the edges of the switch section cut-outs nice and clean.
Anyhoo here is the reference pic and one of my renders for comparison...

I think it's just about similar without being a carbon copy. Thanks again and points inbound back to you both.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1703 on: August 08, 2020, 04:23:40 PM »

Hi Everybody,

Now some members may have noticed I have been a bit quiet recently and am not posting as much, well Microsoft are screwing my laptop up again and I need to re-install the damn thing. As a result I have had to go back to using my trusty old Win7 machine....but even that has been affected by MS' messing around...MS have discontinued support for Win7 yet they "INSTALL" their new web browser on my old laptop without me asking for it or wanting it!
Anyway just before the big crash happened I managed to upload this new saber design, I hope you like it (not sure how many more I'll be able to post in future...)

Thanks for checking this design out and till next time stay safe.

HesaHeart
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 55

Adapt.Improvise and Overcome

« Reply #1704 on: August 08, 2020, 04:36:25 PM »

Hi Everybody,

Now some members may have noticed I have been a bit quiet recently and am not posting as much, well Microsoft are screwing my laptop up again and I need to re-install the damn thing. As a result I have had to go back to using my trusty old Win7 machine....but even that has been affected by MS' messing around...MS have discontinued support for Win7 yet they "INSTALL" their new web browser on my old laptop without me asking for it or wanting it!
Anyway just before the big crash happened I managed to upload this new saber design, I hope you like it (not sure how many more I'll be able to post in future...)

Another great design and you hit my sweet spot with the staff sir...point

( Light points when earned )

Various fan art and fiction
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?board=12.0

Own
 Dark Sentinel staff LE v4 - tri red

Wish list
Arbiter staff - blazing red-sound
Phantasm LE V4 staff - AS blade - stunt
Raven in staff setup - color ?? - stunt

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1705 on: August 08, 2020, 06:55:55 PM »

Another great design and you hit my sweet spot with the staff sir...point

Hi HesaHeart, I'm sorry I nearly missed your comment because you embedded it in my quote! I realised that this hilt would suit a staff setup because despite the "Star Destroyer style" panelling the pommels looked as if they would butt together nicely and overall there aren't many Greeblies and control boxes to get in the way.
I also forgot to post this picture showing the pommel grill..

I imagined it had a built in locking system so no need for a coupler (it also looks a bit like an Imperial cog too  Smiley ) I also added a subtle special effect to this render to highlight the edges making it look like a comic book image (called the Freestyle effect in Blender 3D)

point on it's way to you.

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #1706 on: August 09, 2020, 10:37:06 PM »

Very simple but effective design, Imperial, dark but in a kind of 'mechanized bureaucratic' way, there is little individual personality, its purely functional, I can imagine these being used by Shadow / Death Troopers.

Good luck with you technical issues For!

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1707 on: August 10, 2020, 12:34:17 AM »

Very simple but effective design, Imperial, dark but in a kind of 'mechanized bureaucratic' way, there is little individual personality, its purely functional, I can imagine these being used by Shadow / Death Troopers.

Good luck with you technical issues For!

Hi LSG, the Imperial look does make individuals/equipment sort of "anonymous"  or just a number such as ISB-021 but this character pulled out of the shadows and I think made a name for himself. The "Imperial look" just seemed to work in creating a no-nonsense utilitarian style hilt. I could see Death Troopers use this (I forgot to make a Death Trooper version of my earlier "Trooper" saber).

Regards my ongoing tech issues, it was Microsoft once again forcing an unwanted update onto my machine in the background and corrupting my System Config Info. All I get now is a continuous loop of Blue Screens telling me my PC failed when switching it on. None of the recovery options work. I am going to have to do another "clean install" when I can face the prospect.

I am typing this using my old Win7 machine I used before I upgraded but guess what? Not even this old machine is safe....Microsoft  ended support for Win7 recently yet even though this laptop is dead and obsolete...MS have "Installed" their new Edge browser on it - again without my permission or me wanting the damn thing! I am not 100% sure I want to bother anymore. Just need a few days to think but thanks for the concern and encouragement.

point on the way to you. Stay safe.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1708 on: August 10, 2020, 01:23:41 PM »

Great design as always, For. Points incoming

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1709 on: August 15, 2020, 07:47:04 PM »

Hello Everybody and in particular to PsychoSith....

Some members who admire PstchoSith's Saber Doodles may recall his design "The Order of Knighthood" - a rapier style ceremonial saber? It looked like this...

Well a few of you hinted that either myself or HesaHeart should have a go at modelling this in 3D....OK I took up the challenge and came up with this, I hope you like it....

Luckily I uploaded this to the cloud just before Windows crashed once more but I have re-installed (fourth time since February) and hopefully shouldn't have any more problems as I have the very latest build and updates etc. We shall see.
However I did lose more files again so I may need a bit of time to rebuild some designs that went missing.

Thanks for checking out this superb PsychoSith Saber. I wish I had designed t myself.

Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: