Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 448599 times)
Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #1710 on: August 16, 2020, 12:24:37 AM »

Great job!

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #1711 on: August 16, 2020, 01:22:12 AM »

Great job!

Hi Cyclops, again credit has to go to PsychoSith for this one. Just as he did with his "Durasteel Dove", "Beskar Breaker" and "Altenweg II" creations he knocked the design of this one out of the park. I'm a bit Jelly (<I think that's the word) that I didn't design this myself....but at least I had a hand in bringing it off the page and into 3D.

point for the appreciation.

HesaHeart
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 55

Adapt.Improvise and Overcome

« Reply #1712 on: August 16, 2020, 01:36:49 AM »

Out did yourself sir !!!!

( Light points when earned )

Various fan art and fiction
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?board=12.0

Own
 Dark Sentinel staff LE v4 - tri red

Wish list
Arbiter staff - blazing red-sound
Phantasm LE V4 staff - AS blade - stunt
Raven in staff setup - color ?? - stunt

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1713 on: August 16, 2020, 01:45:55 AM »

Out did yourself sir !!!!

Hello HesaHeart, that is very kind of you to say, but PsychoSith made it easier for me with a stunning design. However I will say I had a little difficulty modelling the handguard "whiskers" because Psycho originally intended the guard to be a sweeping plate but as I only had a side elevation view I thought the guards were two curved rods!

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #1714 on: August 16, 2020, 11:01:50 PM »

So elegant, almost fragile, like the weapon of some kind of aristocrat fashioned to suit their aesthetic tastes, well done both Psycho and For another reat collaboration. 

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1715 on: August 17, 2020, 01:06:45 AM »

So elegant, almost fragile, like the weapon of some kind of aristocrat fashioned to suit their aesthetic tastes, well done both Psycho and For another reat collaboration. 

Hi LSG, Psycho did an outstanding job with this one. I was just thinking the handguard "whiskers" could hook over an Obi sash and work as a way to carry the hilt on your belt, they are polished so should slide off the belt fairly easily.

Thanks as always for the kind words.
point inbound.

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #1716 on: August 17, 2020, 03:36:55 PM »

Gorgeous render For! Pretty accurate to how I envisioned! Point! And extra kudos for that dark side version - I LOVE the gold trim!

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1717 on: August 17, 2020, 04:41:02 PM »

Hello Everybody and in particular to PsychoSith....

Some members who admire PstchoSith's Saber Doodles may recall his design "The Order of Knighthood" - a rapier style ceremonial saber? It looked like this...

Luckily I uploaded this to the cloud just before Windows crashed once more but I have re-installed (fourth time since February) and hopefully shouldn't have any more problems as I have the very latest build and updates etc. We shall see.
However I did lose more files again so I may need a bit of time to rebuild some designs that went missing.

Thanks for checking out this superb PsychoSith Saber. I wish I had designed t myself.
And now to find a fabricator.

Not an entire recreation, but still beautiful.

I can see the guard being made of cortosis or frick, and thereby making it functional.

Kath sends her approval as well.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1718 on: August 17, 2020, 06:26:21 PM »

Gorgeous render For! Pretty accurate to how I envisioned! Point! And extra kudos for that dark side version - I LOVE the gold trim!

Hello Psycho, I'm so glad I was able to do a fair job of recreating your brilliance once more. I am still a bit disappointed in myself misreading the profile /shape of the handguard but the "whiskers" sort of work - I just need to work on the attachment points to make them blend better (and thicken them slightly).
Thanks again for the challenge.

And now to find a fabricator.

Not an entire recreation, but still beautiful.

I can see the guard being made of cortosis or frick, and thereby making it functional.

Kath sends her approval as well.

Hello Logos and LAK, thank you very much. I know this hilt has a crystal feature but I did take a liberty and modified it so I could tuck it away for your taste.
Using Cortosis was in my mind when I modelled the guard - with the quillon just in front taking the initial strike then the guard would only suffer minor contacts.

Anyway I am so pleased that Psycho and I were able to impress you both. Thanks.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1719 on: August 17, 2020, 06:42:09 PM »

Hello Logos and LAK, thank you very much. I know this hilt has a crystal feature but I did take a liberty and modified it so I could tuck it away for your taste.
Using Cortosis was in my mind when I modelled the guard - with the quillon just in front taking the initial strike then the guard would only suffer minor contacts.

Anyway I am so pleased that Psycho and I were able to impress you both. Thanks.
I actually stated it in Psycho's thread that even though there are elements in this design that I normally detest, this one was special.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1720 on: August 25, 2020, 02:51:34 PM »

Hello Everybody,

Apologies my latest offering is a day or two late but I have felt like I'm in the "slow lane" recently and it has been very quiet here and round about...I didn't feel very motivated (insert R5-D4 joke...bad motivators!).

However, I found out today that I had missed a DELIVERY...sadly not an Ultrasaber but a close second, I think my new boots have arrived all the way from the US! Hopefully they fit as the company I bought them from wanted a LOT of measurements (at one point I thought they were gonna ask for a hat size!)…
And secondly I have discovered this thread has been read/viewed 101174 times! I broke the 100K barrier! So to celebrate I have a colourful staff saber for you to check out...take it away Sabine....

I'd like to say thanks to everyone who checks out this topic, I realise it's a niche sorta subject and I'm disappointed I can't make these a reality but your support means a lot. So thanks again, stay safe and till next time.....

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #1721 on: August 25, 2020, 09:31:19 PM »

Well... now I want to see the boots, too!

And btw, points for the lovely renderings, too (as usual).

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #1722 on: August 26, 2020, 12:04:28 AM »

Nice love the glazed in colors on the grill sections, and always a big fan of purple, this metallic purple is especially a nice look. Points and Praise as always!

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1723 on: August 26, 2020, 06:01:17 AM »

Well... now I want to see the boots, too!

And btw, points for the lovely renderings, too (as usual).

Thanks Cyclops, I am awaiting the rescheduled delivery today (26th) and hovering in anticipation at my front door! But if you are impatient you could have a sneak peek on Gladiator-Polo's site and see if you can guess which boots I bought (hint, they are Star Wars boots  Wink Grin)

Nice love the glazed in colors on the grill sections, and always a big fan of purple, this metallic purple is especially a nice look. Points and Praise as always!

And hi LSG, thanks and I'm glad you liked the new texturing I used. The textures were "generated" within Blender itself so no external photo texures or graphics were needed to paste onto the model. The metallic purple hilt colour was something I had been looking to use on a saber for a while, I just needed the right candidate and as Sabine is an artist I was able to go to town with this design and use both the generated textures and this metallic paintjob.

However, it isn't all good news. Sadly I may not be able to post any new stuff for a while as my laptop has failed again. This time it is telling me I have a "Fan Error" and won't boot up. This came about after Windows went haywire and went into an "Indexing" cycle and ran my hard drive so much the fan was spinning up and causing the laptop to shake visibly. I am borrowing another computer to type this and communicate. I will do my best to resolve the issue but I am just about finished with tech - all it does is fail. (I haven't given up totally but pretty close)

Thanks to both of you for the kind comments (I needed cheering up) and please accept a few points of appreciation back.

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 297

« Reply #1724 on: August 26, 2020, 09:51:22 AM »

Again a great desigh For Tyeth! Nice that it's a double bladed one.

Sad to hear you're still having those technical issues with your laptop. I hope you don't have to throw it out the window and buy a new one. Although the throwing part might be nice if the temperament rises....

Light Side points appreciated, when warranted.
> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag
> Sentinel v4 w/sound - CG - Mysterybox

Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: