Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 450277 times)
For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1558

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #1725 on: August 26, 2020, 11:58:42 AM »

Again a great desigh For Tyeth! Nice that it's a double bladed one.

Sad to hear you're still having those technical issues with your laptop. I hope you don't have to throw it out the window and buy a new one. Although the throwing part might be nice if the temperament rises....

Hi Tai Chi Chuan, thanks very much. I felt that Sabine had the Darksaber to use but it didn't really have her "flair" so I thought what is more colourful than a Darksaber and has more blades? A multicoloured staff! And you may have noticed I tried to replicate the patterns seen on her Mando armour into the hilt colour scheme (the checker pattern and the shattered glass  rainbow look).

And I hope to fix my laptop as I don't want to throw it through any windows...it would cost me a great deal as they are fixed cos I live in a hi rise tower! My landlord would want compensation for repairs and folks down on ground level may not be too happy either! I'll probably give the machine a good clean out again and splash out on a replacement fan.

Thanks again and I hope to get back to full speed as soon as possible. Point incoming.

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #1726 on: August 26, 2020, 06:11:11 PM »

Hi Tai Chi Chuan, thanks very much. I felt that Sabine had the Darksaber to use but it didn't really have her "flair" so I thought what is more colourful than a Darksaber and has more blades? A multicoloured staff! And you may have noticed I tried to replicate the patterns seen on her Mando armour into the hilt colour scheme (the checker pattern and the shattered glass  rainbow look).

And I hope to fix my laptop as I don't want to throw it through any windows...it would cost me a great deal as they are fixed cos I live in a hi rise tower! My landlord would want compensation for repairs and folks down on ground level may not be too happy either! I'll probably give the machine a good clean out again and splash out on a replacement fan.

Thanks again and I hope to get back to full speed as soon as possible. Point incoming.

Thanks for spelling it “flair” and not “flare” — it always bugs me when people use the wrong homonym.  You add flair; JJ Abrams adds lens flares.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #1727 on: August 31, 2020, 05:36:21 PM »

Hello Everybody,

Apologies my latest offering is a day or two late but I have felt like I'm in the "slow lane" recently and it has been very quiet here and round about...I didn't feel very motivated (insert R5-D4 joke...bad motivators!).

However, I found out today that I had missed a DELIVERY...sadly not an Ultrasaber but a close second, I think my new boots have arrived all the way from the US! Hopefully they fit as the company I bought them from wanted a LOT of measurements (at one point I thought they were gonna ask for a hat size!)…
And secondly I have discovered this thread has been read/viewed 101174 times! I broke the 100K barrier! So to celebrate I have a colourful staff saber for you to check out...take it away Sabine....

I'd like to say thanks to everyone who checks out this topic, I realise it's a niche sorta subject and I'm disappointed I can't make these a reality but your support means a lot. So thanks again, stay safe and till next time.....
Another fantastic design, FT!!  And I have to admit that I actually like Sabine from Rebels; your saber's color scheme looks outstanding!

I can't wait to see your new boots (to say nothing of the entire ensemble  Smiley)!

Point my friend!

Hello Everybody and in particular to PsychoSith....

Some members who admire PstchoSith's Saber Doodles may recall his design "The Order of Knighthood" - a rapier style ceremonial saber? It looked like this...

Well a few of you hinted that either myself or HesaHeart should have a go at modelling this in 3D....OK I took up the challenge and came up with this, I hope you like it....

Luckily I uploaded this to the cloud just before Windows crashed once more but I have re-installed (fourth time since February) and hopefully shouldn't have any more problems as I have the very latest build and updates etc. We shall see.
However I did lose more files again so I may need a bit of time to rebuild some designs that went missing.

Thanks for checking out this superb PsychoSith Saber. I wish I had designed t myself.
O
M
G!!

This is INCREDIBLE!!!  I LOVE what you did here FT!!

Yet ANOTHER AMAZING collaboration between our resident saber artists  Grin

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1728 on: August 31, 2020, 05:45:29 PM »

Hi Dutch,

Sabine was quite a complex character for a supporting part. And the fact she was so colourful and had a strong style and image really helped making it easier for me to come up with something that had her spirit. Blender's texturing functions really helped too, all of the textures and materials were generated in Blender - no graphics or photos were pasted on the hilt.

And check your inbox in a moment or two and I'll send you pics of said footwear ok, thanks as always for the support and kind words.

point on the way.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #1729 on: August 31, 2020, 11:26:38 PM »

Wow For. You are really getting good at modeling. Keep up the amazing work.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1730 on: September 01, 2020, 03:21:43 PM »

Wow For. You are really getting good at modeling. Keep up the amazing work.

Hi Taegin, you're very kind thank you. I have been using Blender now for just over 2 years so I have got a grip on it now. I have got to the point where I try to use Blender key commands in other software or when I'm online. I can forget how to perform an operation in Blender and do it automatically now which allows me to concentrate on creating rather than how to create an object/shape or model.

I'm just glad you all still like what I am producing. Thanks again.

@Cyclops you might want to check your inbox I have sent you some pictures.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1731 on: September 13, 2020, 01:15:23 AM »

Hello Everybody,

Yes I'm still here and still designing...I was just a little busy during the last week or two with producing some fan-fiction artwork and posting a collection of pictures to my site featuring the Starfighter I built for Lord_S_Gray...plus I've started designing some blade plugs. As you may have seen the ship(s) in LSG's fan-fiction thread I didn't repost them here....so what have I got today to show you all? Any fans of Lothal and Canidea? I hope so as I present "DUME"....

This hilt I really like as there is some "hidden geometry" that allowed me to recreate the Lothwolf facial ridges and this geometry looks rather interesting when it's revealed...but that is for another upcoming saber.

I hope you liked this saber and thanks as always for looking on on this one.

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 297

« Reply #1732 on: September 13, 2020, 06:51:37 AM »

This is a saber I want!!!
Wow, beautiful, colors, shape, grip, pommel. Love the emitter, wondering about the chokepoint. My head and hands are literally imagining how that hilt would feel.
Thanks for the great work and sharing For Tyeth!!

Points much awarded!

Light Side points appreciated, when warranted.
> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag
> Sentinel v4 w/sound - CG - Mysterybox

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1733 on: September 13, 2020, 06:33:10 PM »

This is a saber I want!!!
Wow, beautiful, colors, shape, grip, pommel. Love the emitter, wondering about the chokepoint. My head and hands are literally imagining how that hilt would feel.
Thanks for the great work and sharing For Tyeth!!

Hi Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen, I'm pleased you're impressed. This saber was fun to build as I was trying some new modelling techniques and while creating another hilt the episode of Rebels with the Lothwolves came on and I saw Dume and thought wow myself!

I'm glad the elements came together so nicely, and as a bonus I modified the other hilt and using that "Hidden Geometry" I mentioned have created an Oriental inspired saber with a wicked handgrip (< Do folks still say wicked to mean cool?  Undecided).

And I imagine this hilt would handle like a katana (double handed) but isn't too long so can be single handed too.

Thanks for the kind comments and support, pointage on the way back to you.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1734 on: September 14, 2020, 12:39:08 PM »

e I have a colourful staff saber for you to check out...take it away Sabine....

Just sheer beauty

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #1735 on: September 14, 2020, 05:50:02 PM »

Hello Everybody,

Yes I'm still here and still designing...I was just a little busy during the last week or two with producing some fan-fiction artwork and posting a collection of pictures to my site featuring the Starfighter I built for Lord_S_Gray...plus I've started designing some blade plugs. As you may have seen the ship(s) in LSG's fan-fiction thread I didn't repost them here....so what have I got today to show you all? Any fans of Lothal and Canidea? I hope so as I present "DUME"....

This hilt I really like as there is some "hidden geometry" that allowed me to recreate the Lothwolf facial ridges and this geometry looks rather interesting when it's revealed...but that is for another upcoming saber.

I hope you liked this saber and thanks as always for looking on on this one.
WoW!!

What's NOT to like about this saber?!  From the dual-shroud emiter (AWESOME!) to the grip geometry (PERFECT!) to the pommel (SWEET!), this is absolutely one of my favorite sabers EVER (yes, including Canon  Cheesy)

Also: I (for one!) would LOVE to see a post that shows a collection of the collaboration of FT&LSG starships here (I mean, this IS your threat, FT  Wink)!

Just my 2 cents  Grin

Oh, and as many points as I can award!

Just sheer beauty
SO TRUE  Smiley

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1736 on: September 14, 2020, 09:28:50 PM »

Just sheer beauty

Thanks Infinit, I was able to "go to town" with this design because Sabine was such a colourful character to begin with. Technically, I was having fun trying new Procedural Materials (non photographic textures) which allowed me to create the rainbow shattered texture and checkerboard pattern.

WoW!!

What's NOT to like about this saber?!  From the dual-shroud emiter (AWESOME!) to the grip geometry (PERFECT!) to the pommel (SWEET!), this is absolutely one of my favorite sabers EVER (yes, including Canon  Cheesy)

Also: I (for one!) would LOVE to see a post that shows a collection of the collaboration of FT&LSG starships here (I mean, this IS your thread, FT  Wink)!

Just my 2 cents  Grin

And hello Dutch! I loved working on Dume, but it wouldn't have come about had I not been experimenting with some new geometric shapes. The hidden geometry really allowed me to create that handgrip...but there is more to it hidden beneath the metal sheet! You'll get to see what exactly in an upcoming design.

And so far I only have the Destroyer and Vornyx fighters to show so far but if LSG doesn't mind I'll post a few pics from the collection...however I wanted to let him reveal the shots first for his story.

Thanks as always to both of you and points on their way to you.

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #1737 on: September 14, 2020, 10:25:45 PM »

Thanks Infinit, I was able to "go to town" with this design because Sabine was such a colourful character to begin with. Technically, I was having fun trying new Procedural Materials (non photographic textures) which allowed me to create the rainbow shattered texture and checkerboard pattern.

And hello Dutch! I loved working on Dume, but it wouldn't have come about had I not been experimenting with some new geometric shapes. The hidden geometry really allowed me to create that handgrip...but there is more to it hidden beneath the metal sheet! You'll get to see what exactly in an upcoming design.

And so far I only have the Destroyer and Vornyx fighters to show so far but if LSG doesn't mind I'll post a few pics from the collection...however I wanted to let him reveal the shots first for his story.

Thanks as always to both of you and points on their way to you.

Absolutely post away For, share them with the world they are fantastic but only get out in my thread based on narrative need, and there are some really awesome ones you have done that people need to see!

Anyway thinking on Dume I wonder about an upcoming movie with a certain aesthetics...Dune...just a thought to consider over the months For as more pics for the film are released!

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1738 on: September 14, 2020, 10:55:33 PM »

Absolutely post away For, share them with the world they are fantastic but only get out in my thread based on narrative need, and there are some really awesome ones you have done that people need to see!

Anyway thinking on Dume I wonder about an upcoming movie with a certain aesthetics...Dune...just a thought to consider over the months For as more pics for the film are released!

Link to Dune saber post:
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=40017.msg762172#msg762172

Hi LSG, thanks for the approval, I'll post a few starship pics here and there! And regards to your movie saber suggestion....as you can see I have already started my Dune collection!
I am working on an Arrakis knife (the curved blade with bone handle).

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #1739 on: September 14, 2020, 11:20:22 PM »

Link to Dune saber post:
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=40017.msg762172#msg762172

Hi LSG, thanks for the approval, I'll post a few starship pics here and there! And regards to your movie saber suggestion....as you can see I have already started my Dune collection!
I am working on an Arrakis knife (the curved blade with bone handle).

Sounds fantastic, how did I miss that one! an Arrakis knife inspired saber...this is going to be good!

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: