Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 440666 times)
For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #1740 on: September 14, 2020, 11:27:12 PM »

Sounds fantastic, how did I miss that one! an Arrakis knife inspired saber...this is going to be good!

To be fair my posting schedule has been erratic this year, with tech issues, lost files, Covid, creating fan-art and the craziness of 2020 in general so missing this Dune saber isn't surprising! I built it when the Vanity Fair behind the scenes images were published way back in April...it seems a lifetime ago.

"walk without rhythm...and you won't attract the worm....walk without rhythm..." hmm sandworms....

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1741 on: September 15, 2020, 11:37:06 AM »

Look at this beauty

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #1742 on: September 16, 2020, 12:31:39 AM »

That is a beauty Tyeth! Grin Grin  Point to you good Sir!!

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Dorinian AB; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1743 on: September 16, 2020, 01:46:32 AM »

Look at this beauty

That is a beauty Tyeth! Grin Grin  Point to you good Sir!!

Hi Infinit and MavRick, thanks to both of you. I really enjoyed building this one  because the saber has the look of Dume but at the same time is probably still quite ergonomic to use should anyone actually build it. The grips have form and function.
Plus making the hilt mainly monochrome to match the Lothwolf fur/colouring makes it stand out a bit too.

points to you for the compliments.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1744 on: September 16, 2020, 12:59:13 PM »

You're welcome, For. Have some points back! Great work as always, man!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1745 on: September 19, 2020, 10:29:41 PM »

Hello Everybody,

It's Saturday again and that means new saber design. In amongst my photoediting jobs and my shopping spree for parts for my upcoming install I still found time to come up with a new hilt inspired by Star Wars Rebels (that is such a good cartoon - better than I imagined). So I designed and built a saber for Hera Syndulla and sent it to her but I think she had trouble identifying it...

However she did finally find the saber and here it is....

As Rebels is set in the post Order 66 era and sabers (and parts) were illegal to own I had to get crafty and disguise the hilt...and what better way than to incorporate it into a Hydro(?) Wrench! The wrench is basically saber shaped already.
However this one has a little trick up it's sleeve. If you rotate the red hook shaped Torque Adjustment lever it opens the grille I installed covering the saber power and settings matrix controls. Using a Hex Head tool (or Allen Wrench... Comes included  Grin) you can alter blade length and power level.

And when you aren't using the hilt you can use the red lever to hook it onto your tool belt and it "disappears" amongst the other tools of your trade!

Anyway I better get back to my workshop as I'm gonna be busy these next few weeks, photo editing, designing and installing...but for now thanks for checking this hilt out and for your support. Till next time....

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #1746 on: September 20, 2020, 12:54:24 AM »

Hello Everybody,

It's Saturday again and that means new saber design. In amongst my photoediting jobs and my shopping spree for parts for my upcoming install I still found time to come up with a new hilt inspired by Star Wars Rebels (that is such a good cartoon - better than I imagined). So I designed and built a saber for Hera Syndulla and sent it to her but I think she had trouble identifying it...

However she did finally find the saber and here it is....

As Rebels is set in the post Order 66 era and sabers (and parts) were illegal to own I had to get crafty and disguise the hilt...and what better way than to incorporate it into a Hydro(?) Wrench! The wrench is basically saber shaped already.
However this one has a little trick up it's sleeve. If you rotate the red hook shaped Torque Adjustment lever it opens the grille I installed covering the saber power and settings matrix controls. Using a Hex Head tool (or Allen Wrench... Comes included  Grin) you can alter blade length and power level.

And when you aren't using the hilt you can use the red lever to hook it onto your tool belt and it "disappears" amongst the other tools of your trade!

Anyway I better get back to my workshop as I'm gonna be busy these next few weeks, photo editing, designing and installing...but for now thanks for checking this hilt out and for your support. Till next time....
Awesome, FT!  I LOVE how appropriate this design is, PERFECT for Hera!  Add in the period-correct backstory and violá: classic!  Also, the saber operations are inspired (love the idea that a gear-head like Hera would use a hex-head to adjust length/power levels  Cheesy)!

Point!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1747 on: September 20, 2020, 01:18:46 AM »

Awesome, FT!  I LOVE how appropriate this design is, PERFECT for Hera!  Add in the period-correct backstory and violá: classic!  Also, the saber operations are inspired (love the idea that a gear-head like Hera would use a hex-head to adjust length/power levels  Cheesy)!

Hi Dutch, I was really impressed with Rebels and it had so many strong characters that I had a lot of inspiration to work with (and I still have Zeb's saber to come!).
But I always try to weave in little design details and story behind my designs. For canon characters it links the design to the inspiration but if my design is bespoke for either a non canon/fan-fiction character or for a friend I try to include personal detailing for each person - to make it their own.

Thanks for the support as always. Point on the way.

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 297

« Reply #1748 on: September 20, 2020, 10:34:39 AM »

Love the backstory FT and great design as always.
Look nice and rounded, no straight edges, probably a joy to the hands.

Light Side points appreciated, when warranted.
> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag
> Sentinel v4 w/sound - CG - Mysterybox

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1749 on: September 20, 2020, 02:57:43 PM »

Love the backstory FT and great design as always.
Look nice and rounded, no straight edges, probably a joy to the hands.

Hello Tai Chi, I'm glad you liked the little backstory. I felt that Hera needed a saber too considering I have created hilts for most of the other Ghost crew members!
The idea of hiding the saber in plain sight is just another example of post Order 66 secrecy like Ezra's Blaster/Saber Hybrid but this design is even simpler as it uses an existing tool/object as the chassis for the weapon.

Thanks again for your comments!
+1

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1750 on: September 21, 2020, 12:29:27 PM »

Whoa, I'm really liking this design, For.

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #1751 on: September 21, 2020, 01:15:33 PM »

Continuing your fantastic designs I see, For. Keep it up!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1752 on: September 21, 2020, 02:53:34 PM »

Whoa, I'm really liking this design, For.

Continuing your fantastic designs I see, For. Keep it up!

Hi Infinit and Psycho, thanks guys...I keep on designing to keep me occupied and not think about this COVID craziness all around me. The UK is considering another increase in lockdown restrictions so I need to distract myself (I've even started building my Jedi costume and installing my saber after two years of planning  Shocked).

However I was inspired by watching Rebels recently so I had a few designs in my head and I have a couple of Guardians of the Galaxy inspired hilts upcoming too. Hopefully I'll post those inbetween my other projects!

Thanks again and points on their way to you both.

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #1753 on: September 21, 2020, 10:37:25 PM »

Love how you've even managed to mock up Hera holding your blade, fantastic, and also fantastic work on the Dutchman's teaser (located here http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38018.msg781559#msg781559)

I have a couple of Guardians of the Galaxy inspired hilts upcoming too. Hopefully I'll post those inbetween my other projects!

That can only be Good!!

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1754 on: September 21, 2020, 11:51:58 PM »

Love how you've even managed to mock up Hera holding your blade, fantastic, and also fantastic work on the Dutchman's teaser (located here http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38018.msg781559#msg781559)

That can only be Good!!

Hi LSG, thanks very much, I wondered if anybody would notice the edit I made to Hera's picture in the title image. Originally she was holding an uncivilised blaster  Grin

And I'm glad you liked my banner artwork. I'm quite proud of it I have to say because it stretched my skills quite a bit. I used 3D modelling to create the "holocron frame" and the image within it - which is also three dimensional - plus I used photo editing. Then as a final trick I composited both the Blender 3D model render with the photo edited background.

I just hope everyone takes some time to check out Dutch's new storyline!
Thanks again and point incoming.

Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: