Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 440525 times)
MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #1755 on: September 22, 2020, 10:14:38 PM »

I'm digging that Hera saber, it really looks like something that she would use. Point to you good sir. Well done!   Grin

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Dorinian AB; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #1756 on: September 23, 2020, 04:11:08 AM »

I'm digging that Hera saber, it really looks like something that she would use. Point to you good sir. Well done!   Grin

Hi MavRick, I usually try to personalise or detail a saber so it has elements that make a connection to the inspiration as I mentioned earlier, I was just lucky that the Rebels characters are strong and distinct. When I saw the HydroWrench (or whatever that device is) I just saw a lightsaber hilt and as Kanan had a saber I thought Hera should too, so modified the wrench.

Thanks for the support and hopefully I can continue to impress in future. Point on the way.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1757 on: October 06, 2020, 03:22:40 AM »

Hi Everybody,

I'm still here but have been feeling a bit deflated. Life feels a bit slow and I've been busy trying to do some hairdressing for a project and it hasn't turned out well....but luckily I still have my saber designs to keep me positive. And this time I have another Rebels inspired hilt for a big character....

I'll be honest, this design was the result of a "Happy Little Accident" as I made an error whilst modelling the handgrip and this was the result! I tried to add some O-ring like details by cutting some slanted loops round the hilt and then "Solidifying" them to thicken the rings. However I forgot the loops were connected to the base cylinder and when I thickened the rings they duplicated and created this organic looking ridged effect! I'm not complaining...I like this one a lot.

Anyhoo, back to my other projects...thanks for looking on on this design and for your support. Till next time...

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 297

« Reply #1758 on: October 06, 2020, 09:17:31 AM »

Again FT you gave us something great.
Love that grip, even though it was an accident, it looks great!
Not so sure about the part were the hilt transitions into the emitter, it's a bit to abrupt for me.

Colorscheme, grip, look of the emitter, love it and the way it fits the character. Although my guess was you'd give him a staff. So this is a nice surprise.

Light Side points appreciated, when warranted.
> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag
> Sentinel v4 w/sound - CG - Mysterybox

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1759 on: October 06, 2020, 11:10:33 AM »

Again FT you gave us something great.
Love that grip, even though it was an accident, it looks great!
Not so sure about the part were the hilt transitions into the emitter, it's a bit to abrupt for me.

Colorscheme, grip, look of the emitter, love it and the way it fits the character. Although my guess was you'd give him a staff. So this is a nice surprise.

Hi TCCW, you have a great eye for detail...I didn't realise I hadn't beveled the edge nearest the emitter. I think the accident distracted me. It does look rather "chopped off" but thanks to your comment it has given me a couple of ideas!

I appreciate the feedback, you guys always make great points and talking of points please accept one as thanks.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2766

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1760 on: October 06, 2020, 01:24:34 PM »

Hi Everybody,

I'm still here but have been feeling a bit deflated. Life feels a bit slow and I've been busy trying to do some hairdressing for a project and it hasn't turned out well....but luckily I still have my saber designs to keep me positive. And this time I have another Rebels inspired hilt for a big character....

Ooooooo. Where's my Sith variant?

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #1761 on: October 06, 2020, 01:55:28 PM »

Very nice!  Point awarded!

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1762 on: October 06, 2020, 04:36:41 PM »

Hi again TCCW, I have set to work on this already and have added a collar with more of a transition and curve to blend the handgrip to the emitter....and...
Ooooooo. Where's my Sith variant?

To Logos, fear not I am repainting a Sith scheme while I am fixing the emitter ok!

Very nice!  Point awarded!

And to Cyclops, Logos and TCCW, thanks again for the comments and feedback - I should have the updated versions by the weekend. Points to all.

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #1763 on: October 06, 2020, 05:53:14 PM »

Hi Everybody,

I'll be honest, this design was the result of a "Happy Little Accident" as I made an error whilst modelling the handgrip and this was the result! I tried to add some O-ring like details by cutting some slanted loops round the hilt and then "Solidifying" them to thicken the rings. However I forgot the loops were connected to the base cylinder and when I thickened the rings they duplicated and created this organic looking ridged effect! I'm not complaining...I like this one a lot.

Anyhoo, back to my other projects...thanks for looking on on this design and for your support. Till next time...

Gotta say, where I'm not a fan of the character, I *really* like this saber design. The angles on it are beautiful

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2784

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1764 on: October 06, 2020, 06:03:34 PM »

What a beautiful design, For! Points incoming for this!

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2766

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1765 on: October 06, 2020, 06:05:21 PM »

To Logos, fear not I am repainting a Sith scheme while I am fixing the emitter ok!
What's wrong with the emitter?

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #1766 on: October 06, 2020, 09:35:31 PM »

Gotta say, where I'm not a fan of the character, I *really* like this saber design. The angles on it are beautiful

Agreed, no huge on the character but this is a very fitting design. Well done again For.

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #1767 on: October 06, 2020, 11:55:31 PM »

Hi Everybody,

I know that I'm a little late but , That saber looks like it suits him very well so Point to you good Sir!! It looks Great as always.  Wink

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Dorinian AB; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1768 on: October 07, 2020, 02:17:16 AM »

What a beautiful design, For! Points incoming for this!

And MavRick wrote: I know that I'm a little late but , That saber looks like it suits him very well so Point to you good Sir!! It looks Great as always.   Wink

Thanks guys, I have taken a big liking to this hilt too. I think it's because it's slightly organic looking and the ridges remind me of Zeb's markings.

What's wrong with the emitter? Where's my Sith Variant?

Hi Logos, it wasn't the emitter as such, more the way it connected to the switch section of the hilt. I was distracted by the effect caused when I "created" the ridges and forgot to smooth out the emitter/switch joint. here are two pics to show what I mean...

So I added a "collar"

Hopefully the design is less disjointed now and flows a bit better. Oh and the Sith variant?

Thanks again everyone for helping improve this one.

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 297

« Reply #1769 on: October 07, 2020, 07:35:32 AM »

Hahaha, wow quick work FT.
Yes that collar makes the hilt a bit better.
I like the new colorscheme, I know you did it to please Logos, but it being a Zeb saber I'm preferring the purple with black.

Anyway great work as always, my compliments!

Light Side points appreciated, when warranted.
> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag
> Sentinel v4 w/sound - CG - Mysterybox

Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: