Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 453475 times)
Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #1845 on: January 19, 2021, 03:17:08 PM »

Stunning, For... simply stunning!  You’re absolutely right about that shade of yellow bringing back that ‘70s vibe, too!

As usual, I lack the proper words to describe my appreciation for your designs.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1559

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #1846 on: January 19, 2021, 09:49:30 PM »

Stunning, For... simply stunning!  You’re absolutely right about that shade of yellow bringing back that ‘70s vibe, too!

As usual, I lack the proper words to describe my appreciation for your designs.

Hello Cyclops, I hope you're doing well and thanks for the kind words. I just thought the yellow texture had the same sheen that Bakelite objects had from the late 60's early 70's. That plastic just screamed out from that era - I actually had a pair of Nunchucks made of plastic in the exact same shade.

Thanks again for the support and I hope I can continue to impress with more in future. Point incoming.

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 602

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #1847 on: January 19, 2021, 10:50:27 PM »

EXCELENT!
 Bruce Lee with a light saber! He would have been Literally unstoppable! Heck he nearly was with out one. I can just see them run when he ignited that yellow or white blade!!  Grin Grin
 Point to you good Sir.

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/s & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/s an silver foc
 Archon CG w/s an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/s an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite s and AB foc
 Exile in CG w/s an silver foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Free)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (Raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Dark Initiate V2 in GB (free)
 Franken saber in VA
 Dominix LE V2 in BR (friend)
Wish list: Sound in my Guardian, Dark Prophecy BR

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1848 on: January 20, 2021, 02:12:59 AM »

EXCELENT!
 Bruce Lee with a light saber! He would have been Literally unstoppable! Heck he nearly was with out one. I can just see them run when he ignited that yellow or white blade!!  Grin Grin
 Point to you good Sir.

Hi MavRick, the thought of Bruce with a saber is scary but I figured if anybody on this planet (aside from us saberists here or Ray Park) could wield a saber safely then it would be him. I felt after all the crud and social atmosphere/attitude that developed last year I wanted to design something for a person that had strong belief in the good things in life and one who would defend and stand up for them.

So glad you liked the hilt and just to let you know the blade is white, the yellow tinge is just the glow/bloom effect in Blender "absorbing" some of the yellow from the body.

point incoming.

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 602

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #1849 on: January 26, 2021, 11:18:45 PM »

Just as I thought!!  Grin

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/s & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/s an silver foc
 Archon CG w/s an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/s an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite s and AB foc
 Exile in CG w/s an silver foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Free)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (Raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Dark Initiate V2 in GB (free)
 Franken saber in VA
 Dominix LE V2 in BR (friend)
Wish list: Sound in my Guardian, Dark Prophecy BR

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1850 on: February 06, 2021, 10:13:07 AM »

Hello Everybody,

Well it's been a while so I best post a new saber. I haven't posted much recently as the sabers I was publishing on my site were inspired by a cartoon series that weren't Star Wars enough (I based them off the show "Miraculous - The Tales of Ladybug and Cat Noir") but I've finally got back into the SW universe with this next hilt.
Back in 2018 I created a "lightwhip" design for the Elite Praetorian Guard but I couldn't post it here as I used the saber builder software from "The Other Guys" to form the basis of the hilt. I did heavily modify it with a powder coat paint scheme using photo editing but this hilt is totally bespoke and built in Blender 3D. Enough chat, here is Praetorian Power V2...

I felt the Guards' "Electro Chain Whip" was clunky with all those boxes along the blade so I reverted back to a tried and trusted regular blade, but I did make it a nice shade of electric blue! I hope you like the design and thanks for looking in on it.

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #1851 on: February 06, 2021, 04:07:39 PM »

Praetorian Guard huh? Pretty cool look if I may say so myself FT, I like it's mix of colors and the sharp angles & lines for whatever reason. It's interesting. Makes me think of some Force sensitive found to "show promise" but pliable in the First Order's initial hunt/recruitment of members. Some backup plan to lead them vs whoever they may face wielding a lightsaber as a backup plan closer to their Leader. Some Commander and hyper brainwashed literal bodyguard taught lightsaber combat, no one really would ever see unless they are about to die anyway. Love that your designs always get me thinking...

Speaking of which btw, I wondered if you had ever done a Soul Edge and/or Soul Caliber design at any point? Just curious if it had happened previously or was on your site basically? A member post made me think back to SC IV (which I played extensively, like the rest of the series entries for the longest time) since this one was the one with Darth Vader & Yoda. But I remember (and I might be wrong) that I don't recall those legendary weapons becoming lightsabers for those two... In the series the blades modify to fit the wielder, but I didn't remember them becoming lightsabers. Just curious if it was done by you around the time, since, or something like that. You know me, just pondering. Possibilities are endless, and your designs always leave my "gears turning" or before hand wondering if FT did this already... I'm sure the totality of your work remains unseen by me, even though I've scrolled through your sight for fun now and again. Ah well, have a good weekend (if a football fan).

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #1852 on: February 06, 2021, 05:01:51 PM »

Hello Everybody,

Well it's been a while so I best post a new saber. I haven't posted much recently as the sabers I was publishing on my site were inspired by a cartoon series that weren't Star Wars enough (I based them off the show "Miraculous - The Tales of Ladybug and Cat Noir") but I've finally got back into the SW universe with this next hilt.
Back in 2018 I created a "lightwhip" design for the Elite Praetorian Guard but I couldn't post it here as I used the saber builder software from "The Other Guys" to form the basis of the hilt. I did heavily modify it with a powder coat paint scheme using photo editing but this hilt is totally bespoke and built in Blender 3D. Enough chat, here is Praetorian Power V2...

I felt the Guards' "Electro Chain Whip" was clunky with all those boxes along the blade so I reverted back to a tried and trusted regular blade, but I did make it a nice shade of electric blue! I hope you like the design and thanks for looking in on it.
I like this one!

I’m a sucker for red shades on the hilt itself and the overall design is as sleek as they come, point!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1853 on: February 06, 2021, 05:20:40 PM »

Praetorian Guard huh? Pretty cool look if I may say so myself FT, I like it's mix of colors and the sharp angles & lines for whatever reason. Love that your designs always get me thinking...

Speaking of which btw, I wondered if you had ever done a Soul Edge and/or Soul Caliber design at any point? Just curious if it had happened previously or was on your site basically? Ah well, have a good weekend (if a football fan).

Hi DarthProdigal and thanks for the comment/support. Regards Soul Edge and Soul Caliber, I don't think I've done any of those but I did a bit of "blacksmithing" last year for another fellow member. I don't think he'll mind if I share these pics here...

The supplied reference picture:

And my Astral Blades I built:

And I have another little picture for you in your Inbox. The rest will be showcased in a gallery soon! Thanks again and a point on the way to you.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1854 on: February 06, 2021, 05:27:19 PM »

I like this one!

I’m a sucker for red shades on the hilt itself and the overall design is as sleek as they come, point!

Hi Psycho! Hope you're doing well. If you like red hilts then I think you will like my next Coaxium Capsule powered design I have coming soon. It's a nice crimson hilt with chrome hardware! Thanks to you also and a point back.

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #1855 on: February 06, 2021, 05:36:12 PM »

I like this one!

I agree my Psycho compatriot, it's such a seductively Sith design. Pretty sleek marriage of almost elegance and aggression. Also with the shape of the hilt overall, like it might surprise you and be a short hilt double blade. I enjoy all the Sith looking FT creations I've viewed for sure, so much so I almost gave him a Dark Side point on accident! Luckily resisted the reflex/impulse and did it properly instead...

In regards to those more traditional blades, yeah they are pretty savage or dangerous looking. I do enjoy how many races or time periods in SW have characters using such weapons with proficiency. Seeing a Jedi overwhelmed by a legion carrying pointy objects is a past time of mine, sorry. I suppose it's cruel to mentally put your works to such use. A momentary Bill from Kill Bill train of thought. Thanks for sharing those too.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #1856 on: February 06, 2021, 08:50:46 PM »

Very nice For. The Praetorian guards were such cool looking characters.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1857 on: February 06, 2021, 10:16:30 PM »

Very nice For. The Praetorian guards were such cool looking characters.

Hi Taegin, the Praetorians I thought were very stylized and unique but I felt their Electro Chain weapon was cumbersome compared to a traditional lightwhip like the Zygerrian saber we saw in the Clone Wars cartoon. However, this hilt was originally going to be a claw or hollowed out bone saber. It was after I added the ridges on the handgrip then using a modelling function in Blender I curved the entire hilt that it struck me as looking like the armoured plates of the Guard's outfits. I added a few black accents just to break the red up slightly (I don't think the costume had any black on it, the dark areas where just caused by shadows and recesses). The saber also is missing an activation switch but I imagined the hilt to have a sensor built in that reacts to an RFI style chip in the Guard's gauntlet (on Earth in real life this could be achieved by motion sensing or an old school style magnetic reed switch and concealed magnet in your glove).

I'm glad I'm continuing to come up with new stuff and it seems to impress so thanks as always.
point on the way.

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #1858 on: February 08, 2021, 02:55:35 AM »

Nice
I think a mistake with the Praetorians was too much red (black body suit would've solved that), you've fixed that in your saber with the black details just makes the red work better and not feel saturated. You have the eye 'For' this!

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1859 on: February 08, 2021, 04:39:45 PM »

Nice
I think a mistake with the Praetorians was too much red (black body suit would've solved that), you've fixed that in your saber with the black details just makes the red work better and not feel saturated. You have the eye 'For' this!

Hi LSG, yeah I think the designers of the Praetorian armour went a bit overboard on the red. Even during the film it was hard to make the figures of the guards out - they were just red blocks of colour. Maybe this was a tactical thing, being indistinguishable would make them difficult to track/follow or defend against. But it made it hard for us viewers to see them properly.

I think my work on my costume has helped me get an "eye for fashion" now too. I am nearly finished assembling my outfit, just need a decent leather belt and the pesky accessories (man those prequel pouches are expensive). Hopefully there should be a reveal soon though.
Thanks as always and a point on the way to you.

Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: