Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 450060 times)
PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #1860 on: February 08, 2021, 10:02:11 PM »

Maybe this was a tactical thing, being indistinguishable would make them difficult to track/follow or defend against. But it made it hard for us viewers to see them properly.

Whether or not this was intentional aside, I now am intrigued by the idea of dazzle camouflage being applied to body armor for melee fighters. It could theoretically make it difficult to not only aim for vital areas, but increase difficulty in sensing direction of incoming attacks. Even if this confusion only causes a fraction of a second delay, that could be enough in some CQC environments.

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #1861 on: February 08, 2021, 11:50:22 PM »

Whether or not this was intentional aside, I now am intrigued by the idea of dazzle camouflage being applied to body armor for melee fighters. It could theoretically make it difficult to not only aim for vital areas, but increase difficulty in sensing direction of incoming attacks. Even if this confusion only causes a fraction of a second delay, that could be enough in some CQC environments.

Ugh, true, I've seen some mind melting t-shirts that are optical illusions meant to throw off depth perception and I would hate to see something like that in melee armor or through a scope in combat! But in theory it'd be better put to use in SW against standard individuals. If used against one practiced in using the Force and lightsaber combat they might be able to close their eyes and use/trust in the Force to guide their blade. But I could see it working against someone less practiced, overly reliant on their eyes, weak in the Force, or if the two combatants are too close in skill (to the point as you say a momentary mistake causes defeat). My head hurts even thinking about fighting opponents in "mind destroying" disorientation armor or something that messes with depth perception...

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1558

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #1862 on: February 09, 2021, 01:43:37 AM »

Hi Psycho and Darth Prodigal,

Yeah "Dazzle Camouflage" has been put to good effect in the past for example this:

It's probably why an old hermit (not me) said this....
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDIrOE_fnl8" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDIrOE_fnl8</a>

Though I did sort of dabble with this type of pattern with my recent "Eruption" saber I made for EVH.

Maybe I'll take another look at it and create a hilt with a proper camo texture.

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #1863 on: February 09, 2021, 03:32:49 AM »

I’ll have to do some more research on the topic. Typically with warships the point was to make direction and speed hard to judge but not blend in. The same concept *could* apply to a melee environment - Optical Disorientation Gear (working name) could be interesting as a concept overall. Not just the traditional dazzle camp but maybe work in refracting/reflective surfaces as well.

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 602

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #1864 on: February 10, 2021, 10:01:22 PM »

I see your sleek Red hilt and I reward you with the required point! Good Sir!  Wink

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel;
Ordered: Exile CG w/sd; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1865 on: February 11, 2021, 03:27:09 AM »

I see your sleek Red hilt and I reward you with the required point! Good Sir!  Wink

Thanks MavRick, sleek was sorta the look I was going for when I started this design. It was originally gonna be made to look like a claw or piece of bone using textures but whilst modelling it I had it displayed in a red clay like texture and when I "bent" the model it developed the plated handgrip which reminded me of the Elite Guards. I then abandoned the bone colour scheme and put the satin metallic red on instead.

Thanks again and a point in return.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1866 on: February 13, 2021, 10:13:30 PM »

Hello Everybody.

It's Saturday so that means I have another saber to show off amd it is red so I think Psychosith might like this one too. This is also the third in my "Coaxium" series of hilts...but this one is a bit more bling. I call this one "Coaxium Grandeur"

Thanks for looking in on this hilt, till next time....

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #1867 on: February 13, 2021, 10:26:25 PM »

Very nice once again For. The Coaxium hilts are super cool to me. I'm also getting a very distinct feel emanating from this one that has to do with a certain day that comes along every February 14... Still, it looks good. I love the "A saber of elegant power" like. The hilt definitely fits that description.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1868 on: February 14, 2021, 12:46:53 AM »

The Coaxium hilts are super cool to me. I'm also getting a very distinct feel emanating from this one that has to do with a certain day that comes along every February 14... Still, it looks good.

Hello Taegin, it's so nice to hear that I have managed to impress folks with my designs or ideas, it really makes my day.
And talking of days I'll be honest I didn't have Valentine's Day in mind when I came up with this hilt....I just checked the 3D model file and it said I created this back in September! I seem to have a bit of a backlog of designs.

Thanks for the kind words and support. Point on it's way.

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #1869 on: February 14, 2021, 09:36:54 PM »

This one is so cool, reminds me a little of Kylo Ren's reconstructed helmet with the kind of lava lines in there...perhaps an idea for a future saber, black/grey with a crackled texture and orange glow from within...the 'Reforged' Lol

The new Coaxium too is great red and silver always go well together i reckon.

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1870 on: February 14, 2021, 10:39:43 PM »

This one is so cool, reminds me a little of Kylo Ren's reconstructed helmet with the kind of lava lines in there...perhaps an idea for a future saber, black/grey with a crackled texture and orange glow from within...the 'Reforged' Lol

The new Coaxium too is great red and silver always go well together i reckon.

Hi there LSG, you know now you mention it there is a technique/process within Blender that allows a user to divide or "fracture" a model and apply an emission/glow to the recessed areas - a lot of 3D artists on sites like BlenderArtists and BlenderNation do it when creating glows on Mechanoids and TRON inspired models. I've forgotten how to to it exactly but I'll look it up again and work on something special using the trick! Thanks as always and a great idea.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #1871 on: February 16, 2021, 05:55:53 PM »

Hello Everybody.

It's Saturday so that means I have another saber to show off amd it is red so I think Psychosith might like this one too. This is also the third in my "Coaxium" series of hilts...but this one is a bit more bling. I call this one "Coaxium Grandeur"

Thanks for looking in on this hilt, till next time....
FT, this is fantastic!  Your sabers are always a pleasure to look at but you've continued to improve, progressing to more sophisticated designs (the Coaxium epitomizing that  Smiley)!

Hopefully we'll get to see more soon!

Point!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1872 on: February 16, 2021, 08:15:37 PM »

FT, this is fantastic!  Your sabers are always a pleasure to look at but you've continued to improve, progressing to more sophisticated designs (the Coaxium epitomizing that  Smiley)!

Hopefully we'll get to see more soon!

Hi Dutch, have no fear, I am still working on more new stuff all the time and I have also considered branching out into "other avenues" of design and customising certain items...but more on that later if I get the project off the ground  Lips sealed

Thanks as always for the kind words and a point on the way to you.

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #1873 on: February 18, 2021, 02:39:45 AM »

For some reason when I look at this design I just see the T-Virus Vials from the Resident Evil movies, making me think that's a serious  weapon of mass destruction there... like "break glass in case of defeat" level of Sith design. Something like "Oh you think you've defeated me? It's a hollow victory, kiss this planet goodbye!" Prompting some massive act of Jedi self sacrifice to contain or try and reverse it in time... Even something like the user being inoculated ahead of time, and pressing some switch to open the chamber and unleash devastation, knowing they can't defeat some Jedi stronghold through the Force or lightsaber combat alone. "Softening up" the target during some attack, raid, or to steal some relic amid the chaos. Sorry my mind made your lightsaber a doomsday weapon.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1874 on: February 18, 2021, 05:16:59 AM »

For some reason when I look at this design I just see the T-Virus Vials from the Resident Evil movies, making me think that's a serious  weapon of mass destruction there... like "break glass in case of defeat" level of Sith design. Something like "Oh you think you've defeated me? It's a hollow victory, kiss this planet goodbye!" Prompting some massive act of Jedi self sacrifice to contain or try and reverse it in time... Even something like the user being inoculated ahead of time, and pressing some switch to open the chamber and unleash devastation, knowing they can't defeat some Jedi stronghold through the Force or lightsaber combat alone. "Softening up" the target during some attack, raid, or to steal some relic amid the chaos. Sorry my mind made your lightsaber a doomsday weapon.

Oh frell, you better not see this design I made for Alice a while back then...

I did try to create T-Virus vials for the crystal chamber on this model (you can see three tubes in the chamber) but my modelling skills weren't quite up to scratch then. However now my skills have doubled I could revisit Alice and add a few proper vials.

p.s.  I was kinda pleased how the name etching worked out on this one.

Thanks for the comment and I'm glad it fired your imagination. point on the way.

Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: