Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 440668 times)
DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #1875 on: February 18, 2021, 10:16:34 PM »

I agree, the name on there does look nice. That'd be one heck of a battle to watch, VS one of the serious Umbrella horrors.

Lightsabers are almost a perfect weapon for some zombie action, since the blades don't wear down and the power doesn't really run out. If you don't get the hilt destroyed/damaged you're good to go almost indefinitely. Plus the cauterizing the cuts means no spray/spatter to potentially spread the zombie blood.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #1876 on: February 18, 2021, 11:13:21 PM »

Hello Everybody.

It's Saturday so that means I have another saber to show off amd it is red so I think Psychosith might like this one too. This is also the third in my "Coaxium" series of hilts...but this one is a bit more bling. I call this one "Coaxium Grandeur"

Thanks for looking in on this hilt, till next time....

I can’t directly quote what I said when I first saw this due to forum guidelines.

That is without a doubt my favorite of your designs, FT. Absolute beauty, through and through. Take a WELL DESERVED point

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #1877 on: February 20, 2021, 09:33:54 PM »

I can’t directly quote what I said when I first saw this due to forum guidelines.

That is without a doubt my favorite of your designs, FT. Absolute beauty, through and through. Take a WELL DESERVED point

Hi there Psycho, I'm so glad you liked this one...I have taken a big liking to it myself. I earnt a name for myself on another forum for using emitters as pommel parts and illuminating them to form a faux crystal chamber and it dawned on me that the Coaxium chamber body would make a nice emitter  on this hilt (and so reversing my idea of using the emitter for the pommel). Using the chamber in this way gave the hilt a "top and tails" type of look whilst red and chrome just work together automatically.

Thanks as always and well done on your restraint in not quoting yourself  Cheesy Point incoming.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1878 on: February 20, 2021, 09:53:45 PM »

Hello Everyone,

Sorry for the double post but it is Saturday so that means it's time for another "new" saber design. Well, I say new but this design is actually an old design from August 2016 I had which I couldn't post here originally as I used some "Other Guy's" software to create the renders/design. However recently on my website a viewer contacted me asking if I had the 3D model files and would I let him have them. I told him I couldn't as the "other" software only provided users of it with a parts list and some really low quality preview images (plus "it wouldn't be right" as Threepio would say). But the request sparked me into action and I "rebuilt" the design using Blender, so it is MY model and MY renderings! This hilt is the last of it's line this is...

Yes this is Cade Skywalker's hilt as seen in Dark Horse Comics Legacy. It is a simple design but there are a few details on it. There is an activation switch along with a recharge or data port and either side of those are two gold button protrusions. These protrusions are the attachment points for a chassis module I have made to fit inside some of my upcoming designs.
Anyhoo the hilt is basic but does look fairly close to Cade's hilt on the outside.

Thanks for looking in on this design and as I type this comment up this thread has surpassed 140,000 views, so thanks for the continued interest to get me to this milestone!

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #1879 on: February 21, 2021, 10:06:07 PM »

Nice! Simplicity is sometimes the best, the flow from Anakins first saber is obvious, Skywalker legacy and all that lol.
I have to say, I consider the Legacy series by far the best Star Wars comics series of the Dark Horse Era, genuinely dynamic and interest characters, a slightly streamlined adaptation would've made and exceptional film trilogy, always happy when someone reminds me of it!

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1880 on: February 22, 2021, 04:35:51 AM »

Nice! Simplicity is sometimes the best, the flow from Anakins first saber is obvious, Skywalker legacy and all that lol.
I have to say, I consider the Legacy series by far the best Star Wars comics series of the Dark Horse Era, genuinely dynamic and interest characters, a slightly streamlined adaptation would've made and exceptional film trilogy, always happy when someone reminds me of it!

Hi LSG, I managed to get my hands on the combined comic book of the Legacy storyline (like an annual book) from my local lending library but I need to get a copy of my own to keep really. The story was good and I gotta say Cade's "Final Solution" was pretty neat if it worked.... Roll Eyes

And a friend of mine commented on my site that this hilt was sleek. I replied that the designer/artist from Dark Horse did a good job as most artists forget to take past provenance and history into account when drawing/modelling lightsabers that have such heavy history behind them. I also thought this would make for an uncomplicated dueller too.

Thanks as always for the comment and I'm glad it brought back memories.

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #1881 on: February 23, 2021, 10:34:53 PM »

Point for this latest saber design. A simple weapon for a more civilized age. Wink

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Dorinian AB; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1882 on: February 24, 2021, 08:19:56 AM »

Point for this latest saber design. A simple weapon for a more civilized age. Wink

Hi MavRick, I'm not sure the galaxy was a more civilised age in 130ABY! There were a lot of Sith followers and Darths around. Cade had taken to being a bounty hunter things were so bad. But in the 160ish years since Anakin built his saber, this weapon had time to develop and I have to say I like the no-nonsense look and style to it.
If I ever get a 3D printer this may be one hilt I make a point of printing as it is fairly simple.

Anyhoo thanks as always for the kind comments. +1

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #1883 on: February 24, 2021, 08:54:39 AM »

Hi MavRick, I'm not sure the galaxy was a more civilised age in 130ABY! There were a lot of Sith followers and Darths around. Cade had taken to being a bounty hunter things were so bad. But in the 160ish years since Anakin built his saber, this weapon had time to develop and I have to say I like the no-nonsense look and style to it.
If I ever get a 3D printer this may be one hilt I make a point of printing as it is fairly simple.

Anyhoo thanks as always for the kind comments. +1

Hmm bounty hunter, maybe that's why the part protruding closest to the emitter looks akin to a forward sight to my eyes. Such as might be on a blaster pistol or rifle. I'm also one to enjoy the simplicity and echoing of Anakin's lightsaber. As far as comic designs go it's a good one, although I've seen few.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1884 on: February 24, 2021, 12:44:46 PM »

Hello Everyone,

Sorry for the double post but it is Saturday so that means it's time for another "new" saber design. Well, I say new but this design is actually an old design from August 2016 I had which I couldn't post here originally as I used some "Other Guy's" software to create the renders/design. However recently on my website a viewer contacted me asking if I had the 3D model files and would I let him have them. I told him I couldn't as the "other" software only provided users of it with a parts list and some really low quality preview images (plus "it wouldn't be right" as Threepio would say). But the request sparked me into action and I "rebuilt" the design using Blender, so it is MY model and MY renderings! This hilt is the last of it's line this is...

Yes this is Cade Skywalker's hilt as seen in Dark Horse Comics Legacy. It is a simple design but there are a few details on it. There is an activation switch along with a recharge or data port and either side of those are two gold button protrusions. These protrusions are the attachment points for a chassis module I have made to fit inside some of my upcoming designs.
Anyhoo the hilt is basic but does look fairly close to Cade's hilt on the outside.

Thanks for looking in on this design and as I type this comment up this thread has surpassed 140,000 views, so thanks for the continued interest to get me to this milestone!

Such a beautiful design, For! Points incoming

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #1885 on: February 24, 2021, 05:41:37 PM »

Hello Everyone,

You've done it again, FT!  I love the "Legacy" feel of Cade's saber, updated for our anti-hero  Wink

And congratulations on 140k+ views!!  Looking back, you can see how you've evolved as an artist.  And while your older renderings are still magnificent, these latest pics have more details (greebles, etc.) for us to marvel over! 

WELL deserved point!

AWESOME job, my friend!!!  Here's to the next 140k views  Grin

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1886 on: February 24, 2021, 10:26:18 PM »

Hmm bounty hunter, maybe that's why the part protruding closest to the emitter looks akin to a forward sight to my eyes. Such as might be on a blaster pistol or rifle. I'm also one to enjoy the simplicity and echoing of Anakin's lightsaber. As far as comic designs go it's a good one, although I've seen few.

Hi DarthProdigal, you know it never even dawned on me that the forward "tombstone" greeblie resembles an iron gunsight - well I did but I didn't link the fact to Cade being a bounty hunter! And yes I agree about the artist's design being well done - usually comic book artists cut corners and use generic designs for props in their images to complete the project quicker (to be fair they also did it in the sequels with Grevious and his collection) but the Dark Horse artist really seems to have done some research here.

Such a beautiful design, For! Points incoming

Hi Infinit, thanks but as I mention above this is really a Dark Horse Comics' design I just realised it in 3D. (However the internal electronics and parts are my design - but more on that in upcoming posts!)

You've done it again, FT!  I love the "Legacy" feel of Cade's saber, updated for our anti-hero  Wink

And congratulations on 140k+ views!!  Looking back, you can see how you've evolved as an artist.  And while your older renderings are still magnificent, these latest pics have more details (greebles, etc.) for us to marvel over! 

WELL deserved point!

AWESOME job, my friend!!!  Here's to the next 140k views  Grin

Thanks Dutch, I do keep trying to push what I can do visually. I am still using the I3 Processor laptop and not the I5 I had early last year (the one that failed).
But I am working on making models that look good on the outside but have much less going on under the skin (making the geometry less complex so there's less processing needed meaning more memory can be used for the graphics).

I'm so glad you all liked my latest stuff and I'll do my best to keep it coming. Points all round!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1887 on: February 28, 2021, 12:57:38 AM »

Hello Everybody,

Saturday Saber time again! And this time I go back to a more civilised time when the Jedi were revered peacekeepers, admired across the galaxy....when cities had golden spires and noble ruling families...verdant  pleasant lands....the Drengir and the Nihil. Yes I am referring to the new/old "High Republic" era and I have a new design I hope fits that time and space. It isn't for any specific character as I have tried to avoid reading too much into the new material because I want to get some of the comics and books with luck. Anyhoo, this is my latest offering, "Republic"...

Thanks for taking time to check this design out and thanks for all the comments and words of support. Till next time....

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #1888 on: February 28, 2021, 01:25:45 AM »

Hello Everybody,

Saturday Saber time again! And this time I go back to a more civilised time when the Jedi were revered peacekeepers, admired across the galaxy....when cities had golden spires and noble ruling families...verdant  pleasant lands....the Drengir and the Nihil. Yes I am referring to the new/old "High Republic" era and I have a new design I hope fits that time and space. It isn't for any specific character as I have tried to avoid reading too much into the new material because I want to get some of the comics and books with luck. Anyhoo, this is my latest offering, "Republic"...

Thanks for taking time to check this design out and thanks for all the comments and words of support. Till next time....

Elegant! Overall a lovely hilt

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #1889 on: February 28, 2021, 02:14:18 AM »

Oh, even I like this one, it's pretty classy with those colors and accents. It's rather impressive.

Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: