Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 448701 times)
DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #1890 on: February 28, 2021, 07:42:17 AM »

Hello Everybody,

Saturday Saber time again! And this time I go back to a more civilised time when the Jedi were revered peacekeepers, admired across the galaxy....when cities had golden spires and noble ruling families...verdant  pleasant lands....the Drengir and the Nihil. Yes I am referring to the new/old "High Republic" era and I have a new design I hope fits that time and space. It isn't for any specific character as I have tried to avoid reading too much into the new material because I want to get some of the comics and books with luck. Anyhoo, this is my latest offering, "Republic"...

Thanks for taking time to check this design out and thanks for all the comments and words of support. Till next time....
Now that is one sexy hilt!!!

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #1891 on: February 28, 2021, 03:58:27 PM »

Elegant! Overall a lovely hilt

Oh, even I like this one, it's pretty classy with those colors and accents. It's rather impressive.

Now that is one sexy hilt!!!

Thanks guys, it means a lot if I manage to impress a Sith Triumvirate! As I mentioned I didn't have a particular character in mind with this hilt I just thought "what would I carry if I was around in the High Republic era?" and came up with this.
I'm going to carefully research a few other bits of the HR ere and see what else I can come up with (maybe some new ships  Roll Eyes Lips sealed)

Thanks again and points to all three of you!

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

« Reply #1892 on: February 28, 2021, 04:23:32 PM »

Thanks guys, it means a lot if I manage to impress a Sith Triumvirate! As I mentioned I didn't have a particular character in mind with this hilt I just thought "what would I carry if I was around in the High Republic era?" and came up with this.
I'm going to carefully research a few other bits of the HR ere and see what else I can come up with (maybe some new ships  Roll Eyes Lips sealed)

Thanks again and points to all three of you!
What's funny to me is that I'm currently in the process of imagining what I could to do make my free grab bag Liberator v3 less plain looking. And I'm pretty sold on putting copper accents on it!

Owned :
* Dominix VA
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1893 on: February 28, 2021, 08:44:22 PM »

What's funny to me is that I'm currently in the process of imagining what I could to do make my free grab bag Liberator v3 less plain looking. And I'm pretty sold on putting copper accents on it!

Hi DarthRondoudou, I commented on another Liberator owner's YouTube video that the Libby was a prime hilt for modifications (I think it was Saber's Crucible with Lord Nitro). I thought an etch with an inlay colour would look wicked. Problem is getting the etch deep enough to accept an inlaid paint/powdercoat layer. But that subtle curve on the handgrip is beautiful. Hope to see any mods you do make.

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

« Reply #1894 on: February 28, 2021, 08:52:42 PM »

Hi DarthRondoudou, I commented on another Liberator owner's YouTube video that the Libby was a prime hilt for modifications (I think it was Saber's Crucible with Lord Nitro). I thought an etch with an inlay colour would look wicked. Problem is getting the etch deep enough to accept an inlaid paint/powdercoat layer. But that subtle curve on the handgrip is beautiful. Hope to see any mods you do make.
I had not realized it was curved before spending some time looking at it and wondering what I could do with it beside the obvious o-rings thing. I kinda dismissed it right away. But you (and others) have to understand... I had an engraved black Empress and a Spectre to play with...

Owned :
* Dominix VA
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1895 on: March 01, 2021, 12:27:17 AM »

I had not realized it was curved before spending some time looking at it and wondering what I could do with it beside the obvious o-rings thing. I kinda dismissed it right away. But you (and others) have to understand... I had an engraved black Empress and a Spectre to play with...

Ah, having those two hilts would distract you somewhat from the Libby I guess. I know what you mean about engraved hilts though....this is my favourite engraved hilt....

I call this "New Asguard".

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #1896 on: March 01, 2021, 12:55:32 AM »

Oh yeah, the more ornate US hilts tend to be pretty eye catching most of the time. But this, it's certainly got a pretty regal or divine vibe. I like the thought that post Ragnarok they're possibly using lightsabers!

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #1897 on: March 01, 2021, 05:45:02 PM »

Hello Everybody,

Saturday Saber time again! And this time I go back to a more civilised time when the Jedi were revered peacekeepers, admired across the galaxy....when cities had golden spires and noble ruling families...verdant  pleasant lands....the Drengir and the Nihil. Yes I am referring to the new/old "High Republic" era and I have a new design I hope fits that time and space. It isn't for any specific character as I have tried to avoid reading too much into the new material because I want to get some of the comics and books with luck. Anyhoo, this is my latest offering, "Republic"...

Thanks for taking time to check this design out and thanks for all the comments and words of support. Till next time....
Just IMO but THIS hilt should be THE exemplar for the High Republic Jedi!  Truly an elegant weapon from a more civilized time  Wink

Ah, having those two hilts would distract you somewhat from the Libby I guess. I know what you mean about engraved hilts though....this is my favourite engraved hilt....

I call this "New Asguard".
Oh yeah, the more ornate US hilts tend to be pretty eye catching most of the time. But this, it's certainly got a pretty regal or divine vibe. I like the thought that post Ragnarok they're possibly using lightsabers!
I completely agree: this hilt has a "regal" and/or "divine" look to it!

As always, looking forward to what's next FT!

Point!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #1898 on: March 02, 2021, 12:02:59 AM »

Just IMO but THIS hilt should be THE exemplar for the High Republic Jedi!  Truly an elegant weapon from a more civilized time  Wink

When you say that, it makes me think of when the Jedi held the seat/position of High Chancellor of the Republic indeed, like this design could be viewed as the "template" for the Jedi who holds that position. Since each Jedi makes their own lightsaber and modifies it as necessary, it could be the "standard" that one would design towards upon being given the position. Making each one slightly different, but a mark of office and the duty entrusted to them. Since lightsabers are in part a symbol of their dedication to their beliefs, or the lengths they must go to for the Order... I like that idea anyway. But yes, stunning designs for sure.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1899 on: March 02, 2021, 02:36:14 AM »

I completely agree: this hilt has a "regal" and/or "divine" look to it!

As always, looking forward to what's next FT!

Thanks Dutch, I tried to keep the lines classic and used an old school D-Ring belt hanger and kept iconic saber parts like the "Graflex Glass Eye" and Bunny Ears/Tombstones. I think having sheer colours also helped (imitating the exteriors of towers and spires of cities etc). I just have to find a Darkside/Nihil equivalent to go opposite it.

When you say that, it makes me think of when the Jedi held the seat/position of High Chancellor of the Republic indeed, like this design could be viewed as the "template" for the Jedi who holds that position. Since each Jedi makes their own lightsaber and modifies it as necessary, it could be the "standard" that one would design towards upon being given the position. Making each one slightly different, but a mark of office and the duty entrusted to them. Since lightsabers are in part a symbol of their dedication to their beliefs, or the lengths they must go to for the Order... I like that idea anyway. But yes, stunning designs for sure.

Hi DarthProdigal, I think this hilt has plenty of scope to be modified by each Jedi - for example the Glass Eye could be switched out for a "Red Top Button" or chromed domes (like US' Graflex has) The fins could  be repositioned and the number of them switched. In fact I have just realised something I can do to change this up a little for a Darkside version! I'll get to work on it before I forget. Cheers.

Thanks to both of you, glad you like my first HiRep design. Points incoming.

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #1900 on: March 02, 2021, 02:49:29 PM »

Hello Everybody,

I am impressed.   For, this is an amazing design.   I know its not the most complex or intricate one you've done, but this one is near perfection.   It has just enough detail to be very, very interesting and is still very simple and elegant.

Thank you for sharing.   Amazing work, as always!

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

« Reply #1901 on: March 02, 2021, 02:53:48 PM »

Thanks Dutch, I tried to keep the lines classic and used an old school D-Ring belt hanger and kept iconic saber parts like the "Graflex Glass Eye" and Bunny Ears/Tombstones. I think having sheer colours also helped (imitating the exteriors of towers and spires of cities etc). I just have to find a Darkside/Nihil equivalent to go opposite it.

Hi DarthProdigal, I think this hilt has plenty of scope to be modified by each Jedi - for example the Glass Eye could be switched out for a "Red Top Button" or chromed domes (like US' Graflex has) The fins could  be repositioned and the number of them switched. In fact I have just realised something I can do to change this up a little for a Darkside version! I'll get to work on it before I forget. Cheers.

Thanks to both of you, glad you like my first HiRep design. Points incoming.
Oh I can't wait to see this dark side version!

Owned :
* Dominix VA
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #1902 on: March 02, 2021, 03:41:50 PM »

When I first viewed it I thought of it in that way as well/already. I thought, "it's perfect save for that one blemish near the activation switch..." then "well, if only when ignited it has a red blade." This train of thought lead me to see it as a potentially great Sith lightsaber already.

One could use it to hide in plain sight! What better camouflage than having such a symbol adorning your lightsaber? Especially because then you can use "neutral" Force powers like push, pull, athletic enhancements, and potentially arouse no suspicion if you don't draw on the Dark Side or use those powers! Simply say "I choose not to use my lightsaber except as a last resort, or I seek not to kill unless necessary." Which may not even be a lie if wishing to remain undiscovered. Then, if needed that red blade would be the last thing ever seen, and the deception would allow you to be well within striking distance. And as long as no survivors escape, and no witnesses, you could simply say "they were killed by a Sith, I was the only survivor because I was a match in lightsaber combat for him and lucky in the end" this would also ring true. I'd have fun with this High Republic lightsaber in Blazing Red.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1903 on: March 02, 2021, 05:59:30 PM »

I am impressed.   For, this is an amazing design.   I know its not the most complex or intricate one you've done, but this one is near perfection.   It has just enough detail to be very, very interesting and is still very simple and elegant.

Thank you for sharing.   Amazing work, as always!

Hi Karmack, thanks for the "High Praise". I took a little inspiration from Ultrasabers actually and in particular the Aeon and Dominix V3's in that they are not the most complex or intricate hilts but have a way to draw your attention with their curves and simpicity (which also make them very useable).

Hi DarthRondoudou, I have set to work on the Dark version and I think it's promising so far  Wink

When I first viewed it I thought of it in that way as well/already. I thought, "it's perfect save for that one blemish near the activation switch..." then "well, if only when ignited it has a red blade." This train of thought lead me to see it as a potentially great Sith lightsaber already.

Blemish?...Blemish?....I thought I had polished this up quite nicely....oh I see it now you mean the Jedi logo! Well don't worry your design that I am working on has no such logo - in fact it has it's own little decoration on it  Cool.

I will say there was one small discrepancy with this hilt I just noticed when I posted the pictures on my site. Look closely at the pic of the emitter and behind the hilt just next to the Glass Eye there is a strange untextured cylinder! This was the cylinder I used as a "cutter object"  to cut the hole in the emitter for the eye - but it shouldn't be visible as I had deleted the object before I rendered the images....yet it is still there! It doesn't show up in the full length image, just the close up detail pics....a mystery I am going to have to solve.

Anyway thanks as always guys, it is awesome the response my designs get and your feedback really helps me. Points inbound.

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

« Reply #1904 on: March 02, 2021, 06:15:57 PM »

Hi Karmack, thanks for the "High Praise". I took a little inspiration from Ultrasabers actually and in particular the Aeon and Dominix V3's in that they are not the most complex or intricate hilts but have a way to draw your attention with their curves and simpicity (which also make them very useable).
Hi DarthRondoudou, I have set to work on the Dark version and I think it's promising so far  Wink

Blemish?...Blemish?....I thought I had polished this up quite nicely....oh I see it now you mean the Jedi logo! Well don't worry your design that I am working on has no such logo - in fact it has it's own little decoration on it  Cool.

I will say there was one small discrepancy with this hilt I just noticed when I posted the pictures on my site. Look closely at the pic of the emitter and behind the hilt just next to the Glass Eye there is a strange untextured cylinder! This was the cylinder I used as a "cutter object"  to cut the hole in the emitter for the eye - but it shouldn't be visible as I had deleted the object before I rendered the images....yet it is still there! It doesn't show up in the full length image, just the close up detail pics....a mystery I am going to have to solve.

Anyway thanks as always guys, it is awesome the response my designs get and your feedback really helps me. Points inbound.
I... I want that saber. ^^'

Owned :
* Dominix VA
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 168   Go Up