Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 448318 times)
TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #1905 on: March 02, 2021, 06:34:28 PM »

I... I want that saber. ^^'
You and I both, DR  Wink

Definitely one of my favorite renderings in the Forums^^

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #1906 on: March 02, 2021, 10:40:44 PM »

Blemish?...Blemish?....I thought I had polished this up quite nicely....oh I see it now you mean the Jedi logo! Well don't worry your design that I am working on has no such logo - in fact it has it's own little decoration on it Cool ).

Ha, yep, just that ole Sith sense of humor taking a stab at the Order. Surely never at your work FT, it tends to make me even smile on occasion though of course only when my jaw hasn't dropped to the floor in total awe. You pull some seriously great designs out of the bag, and many of which we'd love to own as lightsabers! This just being the most recent in a long line... Even the Sith are climbing over each other to obtain the High Republic model, I'm a bit worried what will happen over a Dark Side variant. Major battles have been fought over much less in Sith history. Keep up the astounding work.

P.S. I know your pain to a degree when designing a level and one detail or object wouldn't function properly or fit together how you'd intended. I hadn't even noticed that small bit you'd pointed out actually.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #1907 on: March 02, 2021, 11:21:14 PM »

I have seen the new Asguard and Republic sabers and have given the due points. Very nice work my friend.  Grin
 A point for each doesn't seem like much but just know that some of us appreciate the time and effort that you put into your designs. MTFBWY!

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Enigma AB; Exile CG w/sd; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #1908 on: March 06, 2021, 08:02:11 PM »

I have seen the new Asguard and Republic sabers and have given the due points. Very nice work my friend.  Grin
 A point for each doesn't seem like much but just know that some of us appreciate the time and effort that you put into your designs. MTFBWY!

Hi MavRick, sorrry I didn't see that you had commented till just now. I appreciate all the great feedback and kind comments you all send my way as it helps me improve and gives me new ideas etc to try out. And it is encouraging to know folks like what I design and model which keeps me going so thanks all of you.

belated point on it's way to you.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1909 on: March 06, 2021, 08:23:38 PM »

Hello Everybody,

Sorry for the double post but I missed replying to a comment from MavRick (sorry  Embarrassed ) However it is Saturday and that means a new For Tyeth....ER Wait a moment! No it isn't a For Tyeth design today but a weapon designed by a fellow member. He drew a pencil sketch of his idea and I felt sorry that it was a 2D image:

I liked the idea so much that I decided to give it a quick run through Blender 3D to see what I could do...

Well....It sorta looked similar but didn't do DarthProdigal's design justice so I polished my model up and this is the finished version of DarthProdigal's  "Prodigal Halberd"

I think DarthProdigal came up with a fantastic design and I really enjoyed building it, so I have to give him big thanks for letting me "borrow" his idea and turn it into 3D. I hope you all like it as much as I do. So don't forget to show your appreciation to DarthP and send a few points in his direction!

Thanks as always for checking this out and for your suport. Till next time....

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #1910 on: March 07, 2021, 06:45:04 AM »

I greatly appreciate that you chose to render my design in the first place FT, it looks more awesome that I could have managed, and really captures the spirit behind it's intention. You did a great job, as always, and I'm certainly thankful for the time you spent working on it.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1911 on: March 07, 2021, 09:23:59 AM »

I greatly appreciate that you chose to render my design in the first place FT, it looks more awesome that I could have managed, and really captures the spirit behind it's intention. You did a great job, as always, and I'm certainly thankful for the time you spent working on it.

Hello DarthProdigal, once again the pleasure and honour was mine getting to model this - it is an awesome intimidating piece of kit! I mentioned on my site that when I first saw your sketch I immediately saw the Spiderman chest logo but after a few seconds more scrutiny I realised 1) what you had drawn and 2) how formidable it would be.

I hope you too continue your sketching and designing. Thanks again.

p.s. And may I ask....are you a fan of Nerf weaponry by any chance?

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #1912 on: March 07, 2021, 10:19:43 AM »

Of course, as a youngster I had a decent arsenal of blasters. Darts, foam balls, projectiles a plenty. No lie, I'm thinking about investing in a newer "training device" for deflecting incoming fire. Seen a few things of interest here and there.

But that investment will likely come after I've cobbled together a prototype of the design above.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1913 on: March 07, 2021, 10:36:55 AM »

Hi Darth,

I was just asking as I recently bought two blasters that I plan to modify/paint and whilst looking for inspiration I found something "interesting"...

It's called the "Warlord BattleAxe" and is a foam coated "melee weapon" used in "Humans vs Zombies" or HvZ Nerf battles. This one hasn't got lightsabers built in though  Grin

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #1914 on: March 07, 2021, 11:23:22 PM »

Nice job For and Darth Prodigal that thing is beastly in the best ways...if the saber doesn't get you that axe like body will take your head or a limb!

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1915 on: March 08, 2021, 05:56:34 AM »

Nice job For and Darth Prodigal that thing is beastly in the best ways...if the saber doesn't get you that axe like body will take your head or a limb!

Thanks LSG but as with PsychoSith's Durasteel Dove, Altenweg II and his rapier designs I just lifted Darth Prodigal's design off the paper and into 3D - Darth did the heavy lifting of coming up with the design.

And I reckon if you were to aim a blow diagonally downward from the shoulder of an opponent it would slice straight through the torso - let alone cutting off a limb or head!

point incoming.

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #1916 on: March 08, 2021, 08:46:34 AM »

Thanks LSG but as with PsychoSith's Durasteel Dove, Altenweg II and his rapier designs I just lifted Darth Prodigal's design off the paper and into 3D - Darth did the heavy lifting of coming up with the design.

And I reckon if you were to aim a blow diagonally downward from the shoulder of an opponent it would slice straight through the torso - let alone cutting off a limb or head!

point incoming.

Thanks alot Lord S Gray. Like For said, that was the intent. If all else fails, the sheer mass and honed edges should be capable of (IMO/by design) shredding through even lightsaber resistant armor. So if it's old school Jedi VS Sith armored combat, or even vs Mandalorians, If the lightsaber side doesn't cut through the target you just follow though the motion and swing hard to bury the axehead. Especially with a Force wielder's enhanced potential strength behind the blow, even a "lightsaber throw" of that half could be devastating. A old acquaintance of mine has Viking blood predominantly within his ancestry, so with his love of combat as well as for the Sith it's him I'd initially planned the design around/as it's user. A hyper aggressive fighter deserved a equally fearsome weapon, in my thinking anyway.

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #1917 on: March 08, 2021, 08:54:14 AM »

Thanks alot Lord S Gray. Like For said, that was the intent. If all else fails, the sheer mass and honed edges should be capable of (IMO/by design) shredding through even lightsaber resistant armor. So if it's old school Jedi VS Sith armored combat, or even vs Mandalorians, If the lightsaber side doesn't cut through the target you just follow though the motion and swing hard to bury the axehead. Especially with a Force wielder's enhanced potential strength behind the blow, even a "lightsaber throw" of that half could be devastating. A old acquaintance of mine has Viking blood predominantly within his ancestry, so with his love of combat as well as for the Sith it's him I'd initially planned the design around/as it's user. A hyper aggressive fighter deserved a equally fearsome weapon, in my thinking anyway.
Now that I think about it... Darth Malgus might have build his lightsaber with the same thing in mind ^^'

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #1918 on: March 08, 2021, 09:23:12 AM »

Now that I think about it... Darth Malgus might have build his lightsaber with the same thing in mind ^^'

Lol, it's for sure a weapon with good levels of rage behind it. I'll admit I haven't watched the cutscenes and things with him in them, or partaken in the game he's a part of (since I haven't played it I've avoided it's related content as much as possible). But thanks to the Book of Sith I'm aware of his service to the old Sith Empire, and pure unbridled anger... I wouldn't be surprised if the "claws"/metal blades on his are supposed to penetrate armor when pushed hilt deep.

The Malice was part of the spark that gave rise to the design, and it is US version of his lightsaber (if I'm not mistaken) so yep, there is a likelihood you're right. Safe to say I took the concept a wee bit further though, if that was the intent behind his design? I'm pretty sure he's in The Old Republic MMORPG, but don't know for sure if he "savages" his way through armor with his hilt's blades? I loved watching lots of battle scenes in GoT, movies, and other shows where chest pieces lost bigtime to clubs, maces, or axes with enough heft. And I tend to think more towards that level of conflict in SWU.

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #1919 on: March 08, 2021, 10:27:33 AM »

Lol, it's for sure a weapon with good levels of rage behind it. I'll admit I haven't watched the cutscenes and things with him in them, or partaken in the game he's a part of (since I haven't played it I've avoided it's related content as much as possible). But thanks to the Book of Sith I'm aware of his service to the old Sith Empire, and pure unbridled anger... I wouldn't be surprised if the "claws"/metal blades on his are supposed to penetrate armor when pushed hilt deep.

The Malice was part of the spark that gave rise to the design, and it is US version of his lightsaber (if I'm not mistaken) so yep, there is a likelihood you're right. Safe to say I took the concept a wee bit further though, if that was the intent behind his design? I'm pretty sure he's in The Old Republic MMORPG, but don't know for sure if he "savages" his way through armor with his hilt's blades? I loved watching lots of battle scenes in GoT, movies, and other shows where chest pieces lost bigtime to clubs, maces, or axes with enough heft. And I tend to think more towards that level of conflict in SWU.
You are not mistaken, the Malice is clearly inspired by his hilt.
I do not recall any cutscene in wich he used the blades on the hilt though. But I think it would be possible.

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 168   Go Up