Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 448496 times)
PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #1935 on: March 11, 2021, 03:25:30 PM »

Hello Everybody,

Sorry for the double post but I missed replying to a comment from MavRick (sorry  Embarrassed ) However it is Saturday and that means a new For Tyeth....ER Wait a moment! No it isn't a For Tyeth design today but a weapon designed by a fellow member. He drew a pencil sketch of his idea and I felt sorry that it was a 2D image:

I liked the idea so much that I decided to give it a quick run through Blender 3D to see what I could do...

Well....It sorta looked similar but didn't do DarthProdigal's design justice so I polished my model up and this is the finished version of DarthProdigal's  "Prodigal Halberd"

I think DarthProdigal came up with a fantastic design and I really enjoyed building it, so I have to give him big thanks for letting me "borrow" his idea and turn it into 3D. I hope you all like it as much as I do. So don't forget to show your appreciation to DarthP and send a few points in his direction!

Thanks as always for checking this out and for your suport. Till next time....

Beautiful! I'll never get tired of seeing a sketch get full-rendered. Well-done to both of you guys! Points to both!

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #1936 on: March 11, 2021, 04:58:32 PM »

Beautiful! I'll never get tired of seeing a sketch get full-rendered. Well-done to both of you guys! Points to both!

Much appreciated, thanks go to you for inspiring me to go into design mode with your Saber Doodle topic. If my work could simply come close to yours half the time I'd be pleased with it.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #1937 on: March 11, 2021, 05:01:13 PM »

Much appreciated, thanks go to you for inspiring me to go into design mode with your Saber Doodle topic. If my work could simply come close to yours half the time I'd be pleased with it.

Speaking as an amateur artist, I can tell you satisfaction of your own art is a pipe dream. You'll always find someone who does it "better". Dont focus on me - your art is great and you should absolutely keep it up!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #1938 on: March 11, 2021, 06:11:00 PM »

Speaking as an amateur artist, I can tell you satisfaction of your own art is a pipe dream. You'll always find someone who does it "better".

Hi Psycho, you are absolutely spot on with your comment here - we as "artists" always want to keep getting better and I try by doing more stuff and testing new things outside the box (I mean who would think they could build a saber that looked like ECO-1? I tried it, and it sorta worked but it gave me pointers of better options on how to design).

And "There is always a bigger fish!" and for me it is a guy called  James Villanueva - it was his renderings I found online (probably from 10 years ago) that caught my attention and made me wish I could "draw" these sabers. He produced images to a level I am only now just coming up to.

Then I won a competition - which I cant mention - that gave me confidence I might have a "future" in designing these elegant weapons and it took off from there.

DarthProdigal, as I mentioned in comment and on my website, I hope you keep doodling and drawing. As long as you are happy and unhappy with your work at the same time then that's great (happy cos you enjoy your image and unhappy cos you think you can/want to do better). If others then enjoy it then you win even bigger!

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #1939 on: March 11, 2021, 06:35:30 PM »

Speaking as an amateur artist, I can tell you satisfaction of your own art is a pipe dream. You'll always find someone who does it "better". Dont focus on me - your art is great and you should absolutely keep it up!
Hi Psycho, you are absolutely spot on with your comment here - we as "artists" always want to keep getting better and I try by doing more stuff and testing new things outside the box (I mean who would think they could build a saber that looked like ECO-1? I tried it, and it sorta worked but it gave me pointers of better options on how to design).

And "There is always a bigger fish!" and for me it is a guy called  James Villanueva - it was his renderings I found online (probably from 10 years ago) that caught my attention and made me wish I could "draw" these sabers. He produced images to a level I am only now just coming up to.

Then I won a competition - which I cant mention - that gave me confidence I might have a "future" in designing these elegant weapons and it took off from there.

DarthProdigal, as I mentioned in comment and on my website, I hope you keep doodling and drawing. As long as you are happy and unhappy with your work at the same time then that's great (happy cos you enjoy your image and unhappy cos you think you can/want to do better). If others then enjoy it then you win even bigger!
Speaking as someone without an ounce of skill in drawing/rendering, you guys are incredible artists!  I can say without hesitation that both FT's and PS's awesome sabers have given me inspiration in my writing  Smiley

Points all around!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #1940 on: March 12, 2021, 11:55:35 AM »

Thanks both FT and Psycho for the encouragements. It's more so a rarity for me to find some idea or spark that generates enough interest to create something. It's more so not desiring to go through the effort without it ultimately being rewarding to me. I once really loved the whole process, but now it's a hobby that can be more trying than fulfilling since I'm rarely fond of the results. I suppose the ends justify the effort expended, and since few of the results are satisfactory I spend the time elsewhere. Less about comparisons and more finding my own work as subpar to my standards/intentions too often.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1941 on: March 13, 2021, 05:43:57 PM »

Hello Everybody - it's Saturday! New saber ti....er new Air Racer time?

Hi yes today I return to a design I came up with myself and it's based on a ship seen in one of the new Star Wars cartoons...I call this "Racer Saber"...

Yes I tried to recreate the Fireball in saber form (well I have turned the Death Star and ECTO-1 into sabers!). I was drawn to this gate racing ship because it looked to me like a cross between a vintage WWII Vaught Corsair F-4U fighter plane with the cranked wings and a "Red Bull Air Races" aerobatic race plane (as you may know I'm an aviation fan - if it flies I'm interested).
The ship makes a nice sorta Crossguard. I just modified the windshield to form a combined activation switch and Power Level Indicator, added a Covertech and that was about all I did.
I had issues getting the lighting and colouring right for some reason (graphics chip and Blender not working together Sad ) but in a stroke of fortune it made the model appear in pastel shades just like the animated show itself so the backgrounds and model blended!

Anyway, thanks for checking this saber out - I still have more designs coming so ...Till next time...

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #1942 on: March 13, 2021, 06:47:43 PM »

I don't even know where to start... it at first made me think of the "ships" you piece together in that Final Fantasy & Disney crossover series Kingdom Hearts! But also reminds me from some angles (and previous playthroughs) of Star Fox arwing fighters! At any rate, I love airplanes and spaceships so it gave me a great feeling of nostalgia. But yes, those colors do remind me of classic gaming for sure.

At first glance and then second glance my eyes didn't know if I should be seeing it as a lightsaber or vehicle. Like a fun optical illusion. BUT I feel like Anakin Skywalker would have fun wielding that design, since he's such an accomplished pilot and enthusiast. And Obi-wan upon seeing this would either say "Oh my." or "Oh dear!"

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1943 on: March 13, 2021, 07:12:10 PM »

Hi DarthProdigal,

I think Obi-Wan would say "Not another spaceship For.!"

However I can confirm this is definitely a Star Wars ship, this one...
The Fireball flown by Kazudo Xiono

But I have built other spaceships from other TV shows into sabers like this one
The Big Red One

Some may recognise this ship as the "Red Dwarf" from the UK sci-fi comedy of the same name. The Red Dwarf is a mining ship which suffers a critical nuclear meltdown due to a crew member stowing a pet cat onboard. All the crew die in the radiation leak except for the offending crewman Dave Lister who is in stasis as punishment...he is then defrosted 3 million years later and that's when the fun begins.

Anyhow, I'm glad this hilt got you thinking/reminiscing and thanks as always for the comments. Point incoming.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #1944 on: March 13, 2021, 09:18:59 PM »

Hi DarthProdigal,

I think Obi-Wan would say "Not another spaceship For.!"

However I can confirm this is definitely a Star Wars ship, this one...
The Fireball flown by Kazudo Xiono

But I have built other spaceships from other TV shows into sabers like this one
The Big Red One

Some may recognise this ship as the "Red Dwarf" from the UK sci-fi comedy of the same name. The Red Dwarf is a mining ship which suffers a critical nuclear meltdown due to a crew member stowing a pet cat onboard. All the crew die in the radiation leak except for the offending crewman Dave Lister who is in stasis as punishment...he is then defrosted 3 million years later and that's when the fun begins.

Anyhow, I'm glad this hilt got you thinking/reminiscing and thanks as always for the comments. Point incoming.
OMG For I LOVE Red Dwarf!!!

You should call that lightsaber "The Smeghead"  Cheesy

Point!

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1945 on: March 13, 2021, 10:14:18 PM »

OMG For I LOVE Red Dwarf!!! You should call that lightsaber "The Smeghead"  Cheesy

Hi Dutch...I did consider the name "Shmeg...Heeeeeed!" but I had to consider the unfortunate  connotations  Wink

But as you are one of "The Boyz from the Dwarf"! I'll post these....

Thanks as always Dutch, point on the way....hopefully in less than 3 million years!

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #1946 on: March 15, 2021, 01:01:03 PM »

Some may recognize this ship as the "Red Dwarf" from the UK sci-fi comedy of the same name. The Red Dwarf is a mining ship which suffers a critical nuclear meltdown due to a crew member stowing a pet cat onboard. All the crew die in the radiation leak except for the offending crewman Dave Lister who is in stasis as punishment...he is then defrosted 3 million years later and that's when the fun begins.

I do enjoy several comedies in that particular category, thus this one is probably worth checking out as well. Thanks for the info, and it is a design I really like the look of. Probably for a mental reference I'm also making to Ancient Battle Cruisers from SG Atlantis and Destiny from SGU, in that supremely derelict craft floating through space vibe. That "they don't build them like that anymore" aesthetic that says "holy cow, was that built better than imaginable to be still in one piece" let alone with viable systems somehow operating...

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #1947 on: March 15, 2021, 05:53:41 PM »

Hi Dutch...I did consider the name "Shmeg...Heeeeeed!" but I had to consider the unfortunate  connotations  Wink

But as you are one of "The Boyz from the Dwarf"! I'll post these....

Thanks as always Dutch, point on the way....hopefully in less than 3 million years!
Yes!  We can call it the "Kryten Version"  Wink.  BTW: AWESOME renderings using the "older" model (the one with the asteroid)!

I do enjoy several comedies in that particular category, thus this one is probably worth checking out as well. Thanks for the info, and it is a design I really like the look of. Probably for a mental reference I'm also making to Ancient Battle Cruisers from SG Atlantis and Destiny from SGU, in that supremely derelict craft floating through space vibe. That "they don't build them like that anymore" aesthetic that says "holy cow, was that built better than imaginable to be still in one piece" let alone with viable systems somehow operating...
DP, I would HIGHLY suggest binging the ENTIRE series!  Some of the BEST comedy IMO (I just got caught up on Seasons 9-12 recently and found them as enjoyable as the first eight seasons).

Points all around!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1948 on: March 15, 2021, 08:44:27 PM »

Hi DarthProdigal, what is even more impressive is that Red Dwarf (the ship) is over 3 million years old! So the saying "They don't make them like that anymore!" is seriously stretched with this craft. However the Dwarf is a space mining ship so would have to be extremely tough to do it's job....but I doubt it's designers would have envisaged the ship surviving a nuclear meltdown!

And as my fellow "Dwarfer" TheDutchman said, you would be hard pressed to find a better comedy show - well worth seeking out. The incredible thing is that the show was originally devised in 1983 but due to issues with TV stations in the UK during that time the show was rejected numerous times. Eventually a local studio in Manchester, England took a chance and filmed a pilot show that led to two seasons. Then more troubles led to the show having an enforced break until it was bought by another studio and resurfaced in the 90's. It had a solid run of about 8 seasons then ended....or so we thought! After a public outcry Red Dwarf was brought back for a TV movie which was meant to be the show's farewell....but it proved so popular that studio executives were forced to continue production and we got seasons 9-12!
There was even an American version of the show which featured actor Robert Lewellyn who played Kryten the android - but the show only ever had a pilot episode made due to the comedy not working cross culturally (according to the US studio execs).

And hello Dutch, I thought the asteroid would make a nice display plinth for the saber (though when I first posted the picture on my site some people thought it was a melted chocolate bar  Grin)
And have you got past the Despair Squid yet? I mean it's obvious how to defeat it ain't it?  Grin

Finally sorry to both of you that I'm late responding but I had my first COVID vaccine jab on Sunday morning and I felt wiped out afterwards with flu-like symptoms. I have muscle aches and a fuzzy head and I ended up sleeping for 24hrs solid. Nothing too serious but I'm behind by a day!

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #1949 on: March 15, 2021, 08:51:03 PM »

Well hopefully the worst has passed then and you'll be much better from here on out. Best of luck with round 2.

Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: