Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 448591 times)
DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #1965 on: April 21, 2021, 04:27:13 PM »

Mixes the nostalgia of shooting nerf guns and swinging around foam swords all in one package (or at least it makes me envision the blade being foam like the darts). But I feel like it'd be a deceptively dangerous lightsaber. "Oh, this must be a toy right?" Proceeds to cut through playmate and say oops.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #1966 on: April 21, 2021, 04:54:19 PM »

Hello Everybody, sorry it's been a while since I posted but I was commissioned to design a saber to commemorate "International Gerry Anderson Day" so was busy doing some high quality renders which took over my laptop (it can't multitask very well - bit like me Grin )

But I have a new concept based on my recent interest in Foam Dart flinging and Nerf. I came up with a saber hilt that could accomodate a 1inch chassis and decided to paint it in the colours of popular Nerf ranges and blasters. So here is my saber "Not-a-Nerf" painted as an N-Strike Elite Firestrike...

and here is a Firestrike...

Thanks for looking in and till next time stay safe...
I really like this look, FT!  Although I have a MINOR point of contention/suggestion  Wink:

You should ALSO include your own patented "FT Saber Designs Not-a-Nerf" gun beside the saber, as a full set!

Another well deserved point!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #1967 on: April 21, 2021, 05:02:13 PM »

I just realized, since it's a lightsaber hilt based on a blaster design... does that make it civilized or uncivilized?

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #1968 on: April 21, 2021, 05:16:47 PM »

Hi Darth Prodigal and Dutch,

As I am famous for blending franchises I would say that my design would be "unfashionably civilised"!

And the idea of merging Nerf and Star Wars (apart from the well known blasters) isn't as far fetched or original on my part. A few years back Hasbro launched as series of close quarter Melee weapons with foam blades...here is Lord Draconical showing two of them...

And if that axe wasn't dangerous looking enough how bout a Nerf Katana?

And more recently another YouTuber (Captain Xavier) took a plastic extendable Obi-Wan hilt and fixed a pvc pipe into the hilt and covered it with a pool noodle!

I think I can get away with my sabers. And I still need to mod my Firestrike and Stryfe (I haven't been out to source parts yet) Points incoming.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1969 on: May 16, 2021, 08:53:23 PM »

Hi Everybody,

Blimey I didn't realise how long it was since I posted here...I'd best rectify that.
I have since my last comment posted another Nerf blaster inspired hilt - a ZombieStrike themed hilt. It is based on Nerf's zombie apocalypse series and features the same "Toxic" orange an green colour scheme and sports a bandage wrapped handgrip.

But I also figured we needed a super hero that liked the Knight to protect us from the undead hordes and so came up with a hilt for a superhero. Long time members may remember a young lady named Lady Revan who wrote a great fan fiction story "Only Light Can Cast A Shadow" (in the fanfic section) and I designed a hilt for one of her characters. I modified the hilt later when BatMike90 said he'd like to see a Batman saber..so I did this...

But recently whilst working on my "High Republic" themed hilts I noticed the shroud kinda looked like Batman's head and cowl when viewed from below. So again I did some tweaks and came up with this...

I think this saber is batty enough and I'm rather pleased how the plinth turned out too...if you need too you can throw it as a Batarang!
Anyhoo this post is getting a bit long so I'll end here, thanks for checking this overdue design out.

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #1970 on: May 16, 2021, 09:05:23 PM »

Awesome Batman saber really has that Wayne Tech look again you hit whatever theme so precisely its astounding. Metallic on the symbol looking really smooth too!

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #1971 on: May 16, 2021, 09:38:05 PM »

That Batman saber is awesome!!!

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1972 on: May 16, 2021, 10:40:49 PM »

Awesome Batman saber really has that Wayne Tech look again you hit whatever theme so precisely its astounding. Metallic on the symbol looking really smooth too!
That Batman saber is awesome!!!

Hi guys. I have to say I have had a bit of practise making hilts for Batman as I have done 4 versions since I started designing. The BatMike90 was modified from a hilt I named Khaarnage which you can see earlier in this thread. But my newest Bat saber came about when I rendered this image...

I just happened to glance at it with my head tilted to the right and I noticed what looked like a cowl with two pointy ears and I had a eureka moment.
Regards the metallic elements, they are made using a shaded material in Blender that mimics Aluminium and it gave the logo shapes the sharp edged look. The base of the stand, the uprights, the embellishment near the switch and the pommel cap are all the same part just resized to fit!

Thanks again for the kind comments and Bat points on the way.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1973 on: May 17, 2021, 12:13:09 PM »

These are wicked, For! These and the Batman saber great. Points incoming!

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #1974 on: May 17, 2021, 01:02:25 PM »

Hi guys. I have to say I have had a bit of practise making hilts for Batman as I have done 4 versions since I started designing. The BatMike90 was modified from a hilt I named Khaarnage which you can see earlier in this thread. But my newest Bat saber came about when I rendered this image...

I just happened to glance at it with my head tilted to the right and I noticed what looked like a cowl with two pointy ears and I had a eureka moment.
Regards the metallic elements, they are made using a shaded material in Blender that mimics Aluminium and it gave the logo shapes the sharp edged look. The base of the stand, the uprights, the embellishment near the switch and the pommel cap are all the same part just resized to fit!

That is one perfect shot indeed. And how could anyone not see the mask right there ^^

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #1975 on: May 17, 2021, 05:50:37 PM »

Hi Everybody,

Blimey I didn't realise how long it was since I posted here...I'd best rectify that.
I have since my last comment posted another Nerf blaster inspired hilt - a ZombieStrike themed hilt. It is based on Nerf's zombie apocalypse series and features the same "Toxic" orange an green colour scheme and sports a bandage wrapped handgrip.

But I also figured we needed a super hero that liked the Knight to protect us from the undead hordes and so came up with a hilt for a superhero. Long time members may remember a young lady named Lady Revan who wrote a great fan fiction story "Only Light Can Cast A Shadow" (in the fanfic section) and I designed a hilt for one of her characters. I modified the hilt later when BatMike90 said he'd like to see a Batman saber..so I did this...

But recently whilst working on my "High Republic" themed hilts I noticed the shroud kinda looked like Batman's head and cowl when viewed from below. So again I did some tweaks and came up with this...

I think this saber is batty enough and I'm rather pleased how the plinth turned out too...if you need too you can throw it as a Batarang!
Anyhoo this post is getting a bit long so I'll end here, thanks for checking this overdue design out.

These are incredible!  I am impressed with the amount of detail that you always incorporate with your designs, FT, but then you up and improve upon the entire rendering by including surrounding environment so it looks like the sabers are in situ  Smiley

WELL deserved point my friend!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1976 on: May 17, 2021, 06:44:20 PM »

These are wicked, For! These and the Batman saber great. Points incoming!
That is one perfect shot indeed. And how could anyone not see the mask right there ^^

Hi Infinit and DarthRondoudou, thanks guys, I keep surprising myself where inspiration comes from. Nerf blasters to seeing other sabers within other pictures...I'm beginning to worry that I'm seeing the world as being full of potential lightsaber objects...for example a motorcycle shock absorber? No that would make a nice thin neck hilt...

Anyhow thanks so much and I'm glad you are still being impressed by my work. Points on the way.

P.s. I just realised I forgot to post another hilt featuring a pair of red eyes. That will be posted soon.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1977 on: May 17, 2021, 06:54:55 PM »

These are incredible!  I am impressed with the amount of detail that you always incorporate with your designs, FT, but then you up and improve upon the entire rendering by including surrounding environment so it looks like the sabers are in situ  Smiley

WELL deserved point my friend!

Hi Dutch, it's the details that really tie a saber design to a theme or character - or if I am designing for a specific person then I try to incorporate personalised details or greeblies that help bring an emotional connection for them. But I have to say it is a balancing act, sometimes you can get carried away and add TOO much and the saber becomes muddled and clunky.
Regards the backgrounds, they are just what Blender call "Environmental Textures" . Environmental Textures do have a big advantage though in that they contain lighting data which Blender uses to light the "virtual workspace" and cast light and shadow onto your model. You might have seen images I have made of sabers in a reddish lighted factory setting?...well that is a photograph of the factory interior seen in the Terminator film. One day when I have a powerful enough computer I may try to build my own backgrounds.

Thanks as always.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1978 on: June 17, 2021, 10:44:35 PM »

Hello Everybody, long time no see here I know but I felt things had slowed down quite a bit on the forum and I was kinda "burned out"....but I am back today with a new-ish saber!

I say new-ish as I have had this model in my collection for about a year but didn't post it here. But recently I re-looked at it and started tweaking the design and found I could do something rather special in Blender 3D....heat tempering! So here is my saber "Tempered"....

Whilst manipulating the metal it started to warp and bend and all the movement and friction on the part made it heat up and all of a sudden it started to change colour!....

OK, it wasn't actual real life heat treatment but a texture trick I found was possible using the functions of Blender to apply a spectrum of colour to one graphic texture. (Imagine you are building a scale plastic model and having a decal that has the rainbow printed on it and are able to paste that decal anywhere on the model and it coats the surface perfectly wherever you place it)

It is really neat I think and as you move around the saber the tempering effect also changes and shifts...here is a final picture showing the lower part of the emitter and how the tempering effect acts on the "Mamba Fang" claw...

I hope to post a bit more regularly in future however I have been trying to drum up more viewers for my gallery site and adding more parts to my Jedi costume so I will have to juggle my activity accordingly.
Anyhoo...thanks as always for looking in on this design and hope you like it, it was a curved hilt too (I saw some folks asking for one)....Till next time....

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #1979 on: June 18, 2021, 01:14:18 PM »

Hello Everybody, long time no see here I know but I felt things had slowed down quite a bit on the forum and I was kinda "burned out"....but I am back today with a new-ish saber!

I say new-ish as I have had this model in my collection for about a year but didn't post it here. But recently I re-looked at it and started tweaking the design and found I could do something rather special in Blender 3D....heat tempering! So here is my saber "Tempered"....

Whilst manipulating the metal it started to warp and bend and all the movement and friction on the part made it heat up and all of a sudden it started to change colour!....

OK, it wasn't actual real life heat treatment but a texture trick I found was possible using the functions of Blender to apply a spectrum of colour to one graphic texture. (Imagine you are building a scale plastic model and having a decal that has the rainbow printed on it and are able to paste that decal anywhere on the model and it coats the surface perfectly wherever you place it)

It is really neat I think and as you move around the saber the tempering effect also changes and shifts...here is a final picture showing the lower part of the emitter and how the tempering effect acts on the "Mamba Fang" claw...

I hope to post a bit more regularly in future however I have been trying to drum up more viewers for my gallery site and adding more parts to my Jedi costume so I will have to juggle my activity accordingly.
Anyhoo...thanks as always for looking in on this design and hope you like it, it was a curved hilt too (I saw some folks asking for one)....Till next time....

Great looking saber and slick visual effect to boot! Well done! And no worries - burnout is something everyone has to contend with at some point.

Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: