Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 448533 times)
For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #1980 on: June 18, 2021, 08:56:17 PM »

Great looking saber and slick visual effect to boot! Well done! And no worries - burnout is something everyone has to contend with at some point.

Hi Psycho, hope you're well and thanks - I was quite pleased how the effect turned out as it looks so realistic "in person" when you see the model actually move and the "Blueing" morphs accordingly. It almost looks like an oil slick the way it swirls.

I have been coming up with new designs but they were more Nerf inspired and tributes to a few YouTubers that I watch so didn't post here...but I do have a new batch that I can post soon. Wink

Thanks for checking this one out. Point on the way.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #1981 on: June 21, 2021, 02:10:43 PM »

Hello Everybody, long time no see here I know but I felt things had slowed down quite a bit on the forum and I was kinda "burned out"....but I am back today with a new-ish saber!

I say new-ish as I have had this model in my collection for about a year but didn't post it here. But recently I re-looked at it and started tweaking the design and found I could do something rather special in Blender 3D....heat tempering! So here is my saber "Tempered"....

Whilst manipulating the metal it started to warp and bend and all the movement and friction on the part made it heat up and all of a sudden it started to change colour!....

OK, it wasn't actual real life heat treatment but a texture trick I found was possible using the functions of Blender to apply a spectrum of colour to one graphic texture. (Imagine you are building a scale plastic model and having a decal that has the rainbow printed on it and are able to paste that decal anywhere on the model and it coats the surface perfectly wherever you place it)

It is really neat I think and as you move around the saber the tempering effect also changes and shifts...here is a final picture showing the lower part of the emitter and how the tempering effect acts on the "Mamba Fang" claw...

I hope to post a bit more regularly in future however I have been trying to drum up more viewers for my gallery site and adding more parts to my Jedi costume so I will have to juggle my activity accordingly.
Anyhoo...thanks as always for looking in on this design and hope you like it, it was a curved hilt too (I saw some folks asking for one)....Till next time....
Great to see you return, FT!  And we all need a break now-and-again  Wink

I love the details to this saber!  From the texture (reminds me of metallic snakeskin) to the unique emitter shroud (perfectly aggressive for a Sith  Smiley), this is a saber worthy of Star Wars^^ 

What you've done with your rendering--the "tempering" in particular--is nothing short of incredible!  And if this is your "next step" in your art, I can't wait to see where you take us next!

WELL deserved point!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1982 on: June 21, 2021, 02:50:55 PM »

Great to see you return, FT!  And we all need a break now-and-again  Wink

I love the details to this saber!  From the texture (reminds me of metallic snakeskin) to the unique emitter shroud (perfectly aggressive for a Sith  Smiley), this is a saber worthy of Star Wars^^ 

What you've done with your rendering--the "tempering" in particular--is nothing short of incredible!  And if this is your "next step" in your art, I can't wait to see where you take us next!

WELL deserved point!

Hi Dutch thanks and I hope you are well too. I have to say I am so pleased...you described what I intended to do with this hilt perfectly...I actually named this model the Mamba due to it's "Fang Claw" and texture - Tempered is just the name of this particular colour scheme. I have another in "Inquisitor" colours which I built before seeing the final series of Clone Wars but it turned out to be a lot closer than I could have imagined. I think I'll post that one next.

Thanks again and stay tuned for an Inquisition!

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #1983 on: June 24, 2021, 11:42:37 PM »

But recently whilst working on my "High Republic" themed hilts I noticed the shroud kinda looked like Batman's head and cowl when viewed from below. So again I did some tweaks and came up with this...

I think this saber is batty enough and I'm rather pleased how the plinth turned out too...if you need too you can throw it as a Batarang!
Anyhoo this post is getting a bit long so I'll end here, thanks for checking this overdue design out.

Whether or not it's for Batman, I really like that emitter design.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1984 on: June 25, 2021, 03:11:31 AM »

Whether or not it's for Batman, I really like that emitter design.

Hi SFD, the emitter came about by accident to be honest. When I modelled my High Republic themed hilt I created an emitter that was just one S-Curve and flat on the back edge. However I  was messing with Blender and accidently added a Mirror/Symmetrize modifier so I had two conjoined emitters which created the shroud. The whilst rendering the bottom view of the Republic hilt I noticed the silhouette created by the blade which made it look like Batman's cowl.
I've also used this part on a Grand Admiral Thrawn inspired hilt too.

Thanks for the kind comment as always.

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #1985 on: June 30, 2021, 08:24:02 PM »

I'm digging that bat saber in yellow!!  Shocked Shocked Point for that, man I'm way behind.  Wink

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Enigma AB; Exile CG w/sd; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1986 on: June 30, 2021, 09:37:47 PM »

I'm digging that bat saber in yellow!!  Shocked Shocked Point for that, man I'm way behind.  Wink

Hi MavRick hope you and your folks are well. To be honest I haven't been as active here myself (it felt a bit slow on the forum recently) but I am still lurking and posting now and then.
Again as I mentioned before this Batman hilt was a development from the "High Republic" themed hilt I made - whilst rendering that saber I noticed how the blade obscured the emitter when viewed from below and made the shroud look like the "ears" on Batman's cowl.

And don't worry about being "way behind" I still have a Thrawn inspired version of this Batman hilt to post....along with a new batch of five hilts I have been showcasing on my site and a Bounty Hunter and a Blacksmith saber....that I still have coming up.

Anyhoo, glad to hear from you, thanks as always and have a point back.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #1987 on: July 02, 2021, 07:43:56 PM »

Hi MavRick hope you and your folks are well. To be honest I haven't been as active here myself (it felt a bit slow on the forum recently) but I am still lurking and posting now and then.
Again as I mentioned before this Batman hilt was a development from the "High Republic" themed hilt I made - whilst rendering that saber I noticed how the blade obscured the emitter when viewed from below and made the shroud look like the "ears" on Batman's cowl.

And don't worry about being "way behind" I still have a Thrawn inspired version of this Batman hilt to post....along with a new batch of five hilts I have been showcasing on my site and a Bounty Hunter and a Blacksmith saber....that I still have coming up.

Anyhoo, glad to hear from you, thanks as always and have a point back.
I canNOT wait to see this, FT!

Hopefully soon  Wink

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1988 on: July 02, 2021, 10:35:52 PM »

I canNOT wait to see this, FT!

Hopefully soon  Wink

Hello Dutch, as I have neglected this thread a little and you ask so nicely....let me introduce you to the "Tactician V2 - Strikeback"!

Now some may be wondering why this is Tactician V2? Well the original version of the Tactician I built using an online saber builder app and I had to photo edit the preview images in GIMP as the builder didn't offer powdercoating options. And I had to edit each picture pixel by pixel because the resolution of the pics was so bad! Now in Blender 3D, the powdercoat/colours can be added to the model and tweaked on the fly - much quicker and effective.
Thanks for looking in and I hope you enjoyed...and stay tuned as I have a "Batch" of five new hilts, plus more sabers for a Bounty Hunter, a Blacksmith and one of "The Lost Twenty"!

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #1989 on: July 03, 2021, 02:49:05 AM »

Hello Dutch, as I have neglected this thread a little and you ask so nicely....let me introduce you to the "Tactician V2 - Strikeback"!

Now some may be wondering why this is Tactician V2? Well the original version of the Tactician I built using an online saber builder app and I had to photo edit the preview images in GIMP as the builder didn't offer powdercoating options. And I had to edit each picture pixel by pixel because the resolution of the pics was so bad! Now in Blender 3D, the powdercoat/colours can be added to the model and tweaked on the fly - much quicker and effective.
Thanks for looking in and I hope you enjoyed...and stay tuned as I have a "Batch" of five new hilts, plus more sabers for a Bounty Hunter, a Blacksmith and one of "The Lost Twenty"!
This...
Looks...
AWESOME!!!

I LOVE the emitter shroud, as well as the pommel greebles & D-ring!  Your incredible work (and improvement!) with the 3D rendering is amazing (I would NEVER be able to do anything like you've done with the powdercoating  Smiley).

Really like this saber^^

WELL deserved point!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1990 on: July 03, 2021, 09:30:38 AM »

This...
Looks...
AWESOME!!!

I LOVE the emitter shroud, as well as the pommel greebles & D-ring!  Your incredible work (and improvement!) with the 3D rendering is amazing (I would NEVER be able to do anything like you've done with the powdercoating  Smiley).

Really like this saber^^

WELL deserved point!

Hello Dutch, I am sure that you could do this just as well as I can. I started using Blender less than 3 years ago but I made sure I dedicated at least 30mins a day using it - even if that was just familiarising myself with what everything does (and I'm still learning). I have noticed a lot more folks in the community using Blender or Fusion 360, another 3D CAD software to create designs.

I think I might have come up with a winner in the shape of the emitter, as both you and SFD have said nice things about it. I wouldn't mind a real metal saber with it on myself.

Thanks for the kind comment and maybe you could try Blender yourself if just for fun (it's free!). Point on it's way.

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #1991 on: July 04, 2021, 04:59:31 AM »

I like the blue, silver and red. That's a really striking color scheme. That pommel is cool too.  Smiley

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #1992 on: July 05, 2021, 06:48:33 PM »

I like the blue, silver and red. That's a really striking color scheme. That pommel is cool too.  Smiley
I COMPLETELY agree  Grin

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #1993 on: July 08, 2021, 09:29:24 PM »

Point to you for the Thrawn saber. Shocked That's a pretty sweet looking saber for sure and it defiantly looks like something that he would use!  Wink

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Enigma AB; Exile CG w/sd; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1994 on: July 08, 2021, 11:08:44 PM »

Point to you for the Thrawn saber. Shocked That's a pretty sweet looking saber for sure and it defiantly looks like something that he would use!  Wink

Hi MavRick, glad you like the Tactician V2 though I somehow suspect Thrawn might find some flaw in the design...probably something like "Why add Chiss Ascendency logos on the switch and pommel? They don't enhance the hilt's use-abilty and are therefore superfluous". But then again he might like it as an artistic nod to his culture and origins.

Anyhoo thanks for checking "Strikeback" out and now onwards onto my next batch of hilts....

+1 point incoming.

Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: