Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 448590 times)
For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #1995 on: July 08, 2021, 11:11:29 PM »

I like the blue, silver and red. That's a really striking color scheme. That pommel is cool too.  Smiley
I COMPLETELY agree  Grin

Hi SFD and Dutch, ah...so the pommel accent wasn't such a bad idea then! Glad you both approve. Thanks and points inbound.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1996 on: July 10, 2021, 04:24:57 PM »

Hello Everybody, hope you are all well. It's Saturday so it's time for me to unveil the first of my new "Batch" of designs...and first up is the "Reticle Saber"

As you can see this hilt is inspired by CT-9904 "Crosshair" and his sniper rifle. Folks with a sharp eye may recognise the shell of the saber as part of his firearm...and maybe you can find a few Picatinny tactical rails hidden in the design.
Thanks for "scoping" this one out...and please stay tuned for further hilts from the "Batch" in future posts!

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #1997 on: July 10, 2021, 08:43:26 PM »

As always, VERY well done on the renderings, and I enjoyed the puns, too.

POINT!

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1998 on: July 11, 2021, 09:59:24 AM »

As always, VERY well done on the renderings, and I enjoyed the puns, too.
POINT!

Hi Cyclops, I just responded to a comment on my website that I really enjoyed working on this saber (and the others that will follow) as I REALLY got into the characters' personalities to add those little details. Now I usually try to do this anyway but with this collection I had the challenge of making the hilts similar but different from each other...just like the Bad Batch.
And I'm glad you liked the jokes...I think that's the first time someone has  Grin

Thanks and please stay tuned for the rest of the collection - point incoming.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #1999 on: July 11, 2021, 07:54:46 PM »

Hello Everybody, hope you are all well. It's Saturday so it's time for me to unveil the first of my new "Batch" of designs...and first up is the "Reticle Saber"

As you can see this hilt is inspired by CT-9904 "Crosshair" and his sniper rifle. Folks with a sharp eye may recognise the shell of the saber as part of his firearm...and maybe you can find a few Picatinny tactical rails hidden in the design.
Thanks for "scoping" this one out...and please stay tuned for further hilts from the "Batch" in future posts!
Now THIS is the perfect marriage between form and function, not only serviceable but also with the subtle nods towards the Batch's resident sniper! 

I can easily see this saber on the hip, the sniper's credo of "One shot, one kill" etched into the hilt (or the like)  Smiley

Wonderful work (as always)!

Point  Cheesy

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2000 on: July 12, 2021, 11:15:28 AM »

Now THIS is the perfect marriage between form and function, not only serviceable but also with the subtle nods towards the Batch's resident sniper! 

I can easily see this saber on the hip, the sniper's credo of "One shot, one kill" etched into the hilt (or the like)  Smiley

Wonderful work (as always)!

Point  Cheesy

Hello Dutch, you might be able to tell I really enjoyed modelling this saber - the characters in BB have been really good and each member of Clone Force 99 are so  distinctive. It made assembling a collection of hilts that share a similar theme but with separate character a bit easier.
And regards the saber's form, the saber is actually the barrel and suppressor assembly to which I attached the Picatinny rail/greeblies to.

Thanks as always and I hope the rest of the Batch will impress you as much. Point!

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #2001 on: July 16, 2021, 12:30:38 PM »

I like the color scheme. However, having actually carried a rifle with them when I was in the Army, I can tell you that tactical rails aren't that friendly on the hands. So, that grip would likely be uncomfortable.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2002 on: July 16, 2021, 03:32:28 PM »

I like the color scheme. However, having actually carried a rifle with them when I was in the Army, I can tell you that tactical rails aren't that friendly on the hands. So, that grip would likely be uncomfortable.

Hi SFD, yes sorry I forgot to mention I'd probably make these rails rubberised - they were mainly for aesthetics - but then if it were a proper Picatinny or Weaver rail you could attach the hilt to a rifle and have a lightsaber bayonet too!

I saw an image of a military M4 assualt rifle and it had the barrel cooling cage and tactical rail set-up and man it looked uncomfortable to wield. Here in the UK our military has the SA80 and it originally had plastic handgrips/foregrips but newer models seem to have acquired tac rails too onto which customised grips can be attached.

Thanks as always and hopefully my next few hilts will be more ergonomic! Roll Eyes point.

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #2003 on: July 16, 2021, 05:19:30 PM »

Rifles that have that kind of rail system usually have removable covers for the rails. Of course, a pistol grip that attaches to the rails also takes care of that issue.

I'm not trying to give you grief or anything, I just think of function as well as form with these kind of things. There are plenty of examples in both canon and Legends SW where lightsaber designs look cool, but to actually wield the thing is murder. A great example is Revan's Jedi lightsaber that he built after his redemption. My Ultrasabers Butcher looks fantastic, but those fins that run down the length of the saber aren't comfortable at all, and that's accurate to the design of the saber from the game SWTOR. So, that's definitely a case of form over function.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2004 on: July 16, 2021, 06:19:14 PM »

I'm not trying to give you grief or anything, I just think of function as well as form with these kind of things. There are plenty of examples in both canon and Legends SW where lightsaber designs look cool, but to actually wield the thing is murder. A great example is Revan's Jedi lightsaber that he built after his redemption.

Hi SFD, I appreciate feedback and I didn't take your comment as grief, your knowledge of sabers is great and as you have more IRL hilts in your collection you have an advantage over me regards knowing how they handle.
And I think we have had conversations about those fins in the past....somewhere Roll Eyes

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #2005 on: July 16, 2021, 10:50:40 PM »

And I think we have had conversations about those fins in the past....somewhere Roll Eyes

If we did, I'm sorry to say I don't remember it. But, it's possible. Fortunately for me, I bought the saber to be a display piece anyway. Wink

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2006 on: July 17, 2021, 12:41:57 AM »

If we did, I'm sorry to say I don't remember it. But, it's possible. Fortunately for me, I bought the saber to be a display piece anyway. Wink

And a very nice display piece the Butcher would be. Regards the chat I thought we had I remember discussing the fins with Therion Jinn and I could have sworn you contributed too....but then I could be wrong, I'm getting old and the memory ain't as good as it once was  Grin

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #2007 on: July 17, 2021, 10:12:40 AM »

And a very nice display piece the Butcher would be. Regards the chat I thought we had I remember discussing the fins with Therion Jinn and I could have sworn you contributed too....but then I could be wrong, I'm getting old and the memory ain't as good as it once was  Grin

It's possible we had that conversation. I sometimes forget conversations I had with people. I have a selective memory, I'm just not the one who does the selecting.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2008 on: July 17, 2021, 09:24:53 PM »

Hi Everybody,

Well it's Saturday so that means a new saber design and the next in my new Batch of hilts. As you might guess from my last hilt I have a bit of a "Bad Batch" theme going on so here is number two of five....

I posted this design on my site and explained that the gold coloured spike (the bit that resembles Echo's prosthetic "hand") was in fact a probe/connector to allow the saber to be inserted into computer terminals - allowing Echo to "splice" into the network. Well then the episode called "Devil's Deal" aired and one character had a similarly shaped device to my saber and stabbed it into a Juggernaut tank cockpit control panel to hijack it. I think this is a clear case of "gimmick infringement" by Lucasfilm  Grin

Anyhow, thanks for checking out this saber for Echo...Echo....Echoooo and all the comments and support. Till next time....

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #2009 on: July 17, 2021, 09:31:09 PM »

That looks really cool. I like the different shape to the body (as opposed to the usual cylinder) and I really like that emitter.

Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: