Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 448551 times)
For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #2010 on: July 17, 2021, 11:22:39 PM »

That looks really cool. I like the different shape to the body (as opposed to the usual cylinder) and I really like that emitter.

I used a few extra tools on this build. I installed JMesh which adds extra Boolean modifier functions to help with making cut-outs and recesses in the model but I still have to work on cleaning up the topology around the curved cut-outs (very similar to having to clean up the windows on your starship models you make).

I was kinda inspired by Leia's Episode 9 hilt for the emitter - but it was also inspired by the old Buck Rogers and Flash Gordon matinee serials of the 30's, 40's and 50's. They had scientific machinery and devices and I remember one communication device where the antenna looked a bit like the emitter I modelled. I imagined when Echo uses this as a hacking tool the spike is driven into the terminal and transmits data to Echo remotely via the emitter/antenna.

SirLiftaLot
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 134

« Reply #2011 on: July 18, 2021, 12:04:30 AM »

Now that's a lightsaber! Form and function are both on-point.

"He who conquers himself is greater than another who conquers a thousand times a thousand men."

"Research your own experience. Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless, add what is essentially your own." -Bruce Lee

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2012 on: July 18, 2021, 04:22:18 AM »

Now that's a lightsaber! Form and function are both on-point.

Hi SirLiftaLot, I have a feeling you might like Tech's upcoming hilt too as it has a bit of functionality built in as well. I have really enjoyed The Bad Batch so far and it definitely triggered my imagination. I got carried away and built all five hilt models in less than a week.

Thanks for checking this one out and the kind comments. point incoming.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #2013 on: July 18, 2021, 12:59:22 PM »

Hi Everybody,

Well it's Saturday so that means a new saber design and the next in my new Batch of hilts. As you might guess from my last hilt I have a bit of a "Bad Batch" theme going on so here is number two of five....

I posted this design on my site and explained that the gold coloured spike (the bit that resembles Echo's prosthetic "hand") was in fact a probe/connector to allow the saber to be inserted into computer terminals - allowing Echo to "splice" into the network. Well then the episode called "Devil's Deal" aired and one character had a similarly shaped device to my saber and stabbed it into a Juggernaut tank cockpit control panel to hijack it. I think this is a clear case of "gimmick infringement" by Lucasfilm  Grin

Anyhow, thanks for checking out this saber for Echo...Echo....Echoooo and all the comments and support. Till next time....
Another masterpiece, FT^^

Your Bad Batch hilts are some of your best with the personalized sabers IMO with excellent details and callbacks to the source material  Smiley

Looking forward to your other three Batch sabers!

Point!

I used a few extra tools on this build. I installed JMesh which adds extra Boolean modifier functions to help with making cut-outs and recesses in the model but I still have to work on cleaning up the topology around the curved cut-outs (very similar to having to clean up the windows on your starship models you make).

I was kinda inspired by Leia's Episode 9 hilt for the emitter - but it was also inspired by the old Buck Rogers and Flash Gordon matinee serials of the 30's, 40's and 50's. They had scientific machinery and devices and I remember one communication device where the antenna looked a bit like the emitter I modelled. I imagined when Echo uses this as a hacking tool the spike is driven into the terminal and transmits data to Echo remotely via the emitter/antenna.
I can TOTALLY see those inspirations in your design for this hilt & emitter!

Wonderful work as always my friend  Cool

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2014 on: July 18, 2021, 03:49:21 PM »

Another masterpiece, FT^^

Your Bad Batch hilts are some of your best with the personalized sabers IMO with excellent details and callbacks to the source material  Smiley

Looking forward to your other three Batch sabers!
I can TOTALLY see those inspirations in your design for this hilt & emitter!
Wonderful work as always my friend  Cool

Hello Dutch, you won't be surprised when you hear me say I enjoyed working on these hilts. The Bad Batch are so individual but also the same, that they make great characters and I can say the story is quite good too. As a result there is a lot of inspiration to work off, the difficult part for me was keeping a theme but retaining the individuality...almost like what I imagine the writers had to do for the Batch characters themselves!
I will say I think the next three may be the strongest of the bunch! Thanks as ever!

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #2015 on: July 20, 2021, 05:31:44 PM »

Nice designs as always !

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2016 on: July 20, 2021, 05:57:54 PM »

Nice designs as always !

Hi DarthRondoudou, thanks so much. I have only posted two of the Bad Batch hilts I have done so far so hopefully the remaining three will be as good.

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

« Reply #2017 on: July 20, 2021, 06:27:48 PM »

I went back a little and saw your Thrawn design. Stunning.

Owned :
* Dominix VA
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2018 on: July 20, 2021, 06:34:04 PM »

I went back a little and saw your Thrawn design. Stunning.

I will just add that Tactician II Strikeback is a complete "what if...?" design. I had a design inspired by the High Republic series of books and material and it led to me creating themed hilts for Batman and Thrawn off of that hilt. If you scroll back further still you can see the High Republic hilt too.

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

« Reply #2019 on: July 20, 2021, 06:35:08 PM »

I will just add that Tactician II Strikeback is a complete "what if...?" design. I had a design inspired by the High Republic series of books and material and it led to me creating themed hilts for Batman and Thrawn off of that hilt. If you scroll back further still you can see the High Republic hilt too.
I'd buy such hilts.

Owned :
* Dominix VA
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2020 on: July 20, 2021, 06:42:14 PM »

I'd buy such hilts.

That's very kind of you to say. Unfortunately I don't have the resources or funds to be able to manufacture these...nor the contacts with people who could. I was going to buy a 3D printer with some money I got as compensation but I decided I wanted to assemble a Jedi costume first. Maybe a  new printer and PC will be my next big investment once I've saved up again.

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

« Reply #2021 on: July 20, 2021, 06:51:05 PM »

That's very kind of you to say. Unfortunately I don't have the resources or funds to be able to manufacture these...nor the contacts with people who could. I was going to buy a 3D printer with some money I got as compensation but I decided I wanted to assemble a Jedi costume first. Maybe a  new printer and PC will be my next big investment once I've saved up again.
Oh I get it. It was mainly an incentive for us to cet in touch xD

Owned :
* Dominix VA
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #2022 on: July 20, 2021, 10:01:54 PM »

For,

I love the bad batch sabers!   But the Thrawn-inspired hilt is AMAZING!

Best part is, I think you could mod it from an initiate V3 if you could 3D print the shroud.   :-)   

NICE!   Someone give that hilt design to Deep!

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2023 on: July 21, 2021, 08:27:29 AM »

I love the bad batch sabers!   But the Thrawn-inspired hilt is AMAZING!
Best part is, I think you could mod it from an initiate V3 if you could 3D print the shroud.   :-)   
NICE!   Someone give that hilt design to Deep!

Hi Karmack, it would be interesting to see if an Initiate could be modded, it would be sort of similar...

And I'd be honoured if I was approached for one of my designs to be considered for manufacture. In fact I still have the modified Dominix hilts you asked me to come up with from 2019 (the Michigan State colour scheme hilt). I also updated the Dominix with new emitters and handgrips. But I kept those designs unpublished in case Ultrasabers ever do hold that saber design contest someone suggested a while back!

Thanks for the kind comment and Bad Batch hilt three will be up this weekend.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2024 on: July 25, 2021, 12:06:09 AM »

Hello Everybody,

Thanks for all the recent praise you have sent my way, I'm glad you enjoy what I do and I appreciate any and all feedback. I just watched Episode 13 of Bad Batch so I guess it is time to break out the next saber in my Bad Batch collection...

Ok, but how do you switch it on...can we have a Tech Demo Tech?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lolHYEb4SOg" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lolHYEb4SOg</a>

So this one is of course for Tech. It features a few special bits such as mini data screens on either side of the handgrip (similar to his visor display screen) and a "woven carbon fibre" style textured handgrip. It also has recessed controls which are accessed using the sliding switch cover. This cover also acts as the activation switch by quickly sliding the cover open and closed to simulate a button press, whilst fully sliding it open and leaving it open activates the controls beneath so you can set power levels and blade length etc. There is also a micro display matrix that shows the saber's settings. I also thought I might add a sound recorder chip in the saber somewhere and wireless interfacing technology to connect in a way similar to Echo's hilt has. There is also the usual CF99 logos and colour scheme.

That just about wraps up this week's offering, only two more hilts to reveal! Thanks for looking in on this one. Till next time....

Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: