Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 448748 times)
For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #2025 on: August 03, 2021, 05:26:45 PM »

Hello Everybody,

Apologies this fourth Bad Batch hilt is a little late but I had a bit of a IRL familiy emergency to deal with and haven't had chance to post. Luckily my relative is ok and so now I will let Wrecker have the limelight and bulldoze his way onto this thread with his hilt....Demolisher!

There are no fancy features or functions to this hilt...it is just a pure powerhouse brute of a hilt. I saw Wrecker and his silhouette just screams power and strength with that armour so what style of saber represents that best? A crossguard! I gave the hilt the usual Clone Force 99 logos and colour scheme. I did add a small bit of "bling" with a gold mesh emitter ring matrix in each emitter but the main feature is the outline shape of the hilt. If viewed from top down you can see that the side emitters are cranked slightly giving the impression it has broad "shoulders" just like Wrecker himself.

Thanks for looking in on this fourth hilt in my collection....just one more to go and there are no prizes for guessing who it belongs to! I hope you liked this one and hopefully Hunter will receive his saber(?) soon. Till next time....

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #2026 on: August 03, 2021, 09:30:51 PM »

Hello Everybody,

Thanks for all the recent praise you have sent my way, I'm glad you enjoy what I do and I appreciate any and all feedback. I just watched Episode 13 of Bad Batch so I guess it is time to break out the next saber in my Bad Batch collection...

Ok, but how do you switch it on...can we have a Tech Demo Tech?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lolHYEb4SOg#

So this one is of course for Tech. It features a few special bits such as mini data screens on either side of the handgrip (similar to his visor display screen) and a "woven carbon fibre" style textured handgrip. It also has recessed controls which are accessed using the sliding switch cover. This cover also acts as the activation switch by quickly sliding the cover open and closed to simulate a button press, whilst fully sliding it open and leaving it open activates the controls beneath so you can set power levels and blade length etc. There is also a micro display matrix that shows the saber's settings. I also thought I might add a sound recorder chip in the saber somewhere and wireless interfacing technology to connect in a way similar to Echo's hilt has. There is also the usual CF99 logos and colour scheme.

That just about wraps up this week's offering, only two more hilts to reveal! Thanks for looking in on this one. Till next time....

Hello Everybody,

Apologies this fourth Bad Batch hilt is a little late but I had a bit of a IRL familiy emergency to deal with and haven't had chance to post. Luckily my relative is ok and so now I will let Wrecker have the limelight and bulldoze his way onto this thread with his hilt....Demolisher!

There are no fancy features or functions to this hilt...it is just a pure powerhouse brute of a hilt. I saw Wrecker and his silhouette just screams power and strength with that armour so what style of saber represents that best? A crossguard! I gave the hilt the usual Clone Force 99 logos and colour scheme. I did add a small bit of "bling" with a gold mesh emitter ring matrix in each emitter but the main feature is the outline shape of the hilt. If viewed from top down you can see that the side emitters are cranked slightly giving the impression it has broad "shoulders" just like Wrecker himself.

Thanks for looking in on this fourth hilt in my collection....just one more to go and there are no prizes for guessing who it belongs to! I hope you liked this one and hopefully Hunter will receive his saber(?) soon. Till next time....

First off: glad to see you back, FT^^  I hope that your family is doing good/better, ESPECIALLY during these times (positive thoughts to you and yours, my friend)  Smiley

As for your masterpieces, I like the similar color scheme, obviously a nod to the 'Batch themselves  Smiley

I like the juxtaposition between Wrecker's hilt (one of massive "simplicity," a tool to be counted on to get the job done) and Tech's more adaptable saber (the perfect complement for him, given his computer speciality).  I have to admit: while I do not usually like the crossguard hilts, this rendering looks fantastic, the perfect saber for a Clone trooper who is associated with POWER  Smiley

Looking forward to seeing Hunter's saber!

WELL deserved point!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2027 on: August 03, 2021, 11:08:51 PM »

First off: glad to see you back, FT^^  I hope that your family is doing good/better, ESPECIALLY during these times (positive thoughts to you and yours, my friend)  Smiley

As for your masterpieces, I like the similar color scheme, obviously a nod to the 'Batch themselves  Smiley

I like the juxtaposition between Wrecker's hilt (one of massive "simplicity," a tool to be counted on to get the job done) and Tech's more adaptable saber (the perfect complement for him, given his computer speciality).  I have to admit: while I do not usually like the crossguard hilts, this rendering looks fantastic, the perfect saber for a Clone trooper who is associated with POWER  Smiley

Looking forward to seeing Hunter's saber!

Hi Dutch and thanks for the well wishes,  my mother-in-law is slightly better now but things are let's say, stressful as there wasn't much I could do (Mrs Tyeth went out on the "rescue mission").

Anyhoo, onto saber related topics, I'm so glad you liked the last two hilts. Because the Bad Batch characters are so distinct (though Tech and Echo do have some similarity) I was able to tap into those strong personalities. The contrast between Wrecker and the rest of the Batch physically was so big I either had to go for a staff saber or the crossguard for him. And as I haven't done many crossguards it felt like the best choice, especially when I realised I could mimic his silhouette in saber form using one.

Thanks again and hopefully Hunter's design will round out the collection nicely. Point inbound.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2028 on: August 08, 2021, 08:00:23 AM »

Hello Everybody,

Today I conclude my "The Bad Batch" collection of hilts and present the final saber (sort of) and there's no prizes for guessing who it belongs to! Of course Hunter is the only character not to have a new design so here is Hunter's "Tracker" saber knife!

Now I will say when I modelled this knife I had only seen brief glimpses of Hunter's actual knife during the last season of Clone Wars (I think) and one episode of the "Batch". The pictures I saw were either blurry or poorly lit so I couldn't see it properly so went with my own thoughts and came up with this. I created a sort of mix between a Vibroblade knife and a lightsaber, giving the cutting edge of the weapon a "plasma" light (I did later see that Hunter's IRL knife had a yellow circuitry pattern/glow on the side of the blade). The handgrip features all the same Clone Force 99 details I have incorporated into my previous hilts, the logo/colour scheme etc...but this knife also has a neon/OLED style display mounted on the side. It shows various operating details but can be switched off for "stealth missions"!

And for the sharp eyed members, you might just be able to pick out Hunter's red headband replicated on this knife around the base of the blade!

Finally, as I had so much fun designing these I felt it would be nice for a group picture of Clone Force 99 with their new toys...I hope you have enjoyed this collection and thanks so much for all your comments and kind words. Till next time....The Bad Batch!

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #2029 on: August 09, 2021, 07:10:01 AM »

Love the hilts For. Echo and Tech (and their friendship) are my favorite characters in the show, but the hilt you designed for Hunter is my personal favorite of these. They all look great though!

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2030 on: August 09, 2021, 09:00:23 PM »

Love the hilts For. Echo and Tech (and their friendship) are my favorite characters in the show, but the hilt you designed for Hunter is my personal favorite of these. They all look great though!

Hi Taegin, so glad you liked the collection. I really got stuck into these and got carried away (I modelled and rendered all five within a week which is quick for me). With the Bad Batch characters being so unique and strong it was easy for me to pick out details I could incorporate into the hilts....and Wrecker's hilt was just a pure weapon of destruction in a nice way!
Thanks as always.

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #2031 on: August 09, 2021, 09:40:54 PM »

Nice job For! All similar yet unique and as always perfectly fit the aesthetic of their owners. Who knows maybe they will come out with sabers in season 2!

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2032 on: August 10, 2021, 02:37:44 AM »

Nice job For! All similar yet unique and as always perfectly fit the aesthetic of their owners. Who knows maybe they will come out with sabers in season 2!

Hi LSG, there is (a small) hope!
I designed Echo's saber to be a wireless data transfer device or "Data Spike" then 2 episodes later I see a character hijack a Turbo Tank and they had a dagger shaped device that they punctured into the control panel to overide the tank's functions....just as I had imagined Echo doing with his saber - hence the obelisk shaped pommel which is a SCOMP terminal connector. SO it seems Disney do take inspiration from us fans.
Finally I will say that I got a bit of insight into how the show writers must have worked to create the characters as I had to make my hilts similar but different enough to show each character....just as the writers had to create the gang and define the members - so that was a learning experience. I'm just glad you all enjoyed them. Thanks as always.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #2033 on: August 10, 2021, 03:46:51 PM »

Hello Everybody,

Today I conclude my "The Bad Batch" collection of hilts and present the final saber (sort of) and there's no prizes for guessing who it belongs to! Of course Hunter is the only character not to have a new design so here is Hunter's "Tracker" saber knife!

Now I will say when I modelled this knife I had only seen brief glimpses of Hunter's actual knife during the last season of Clone Wars (I think) and one episode of the "Batch". The pictures I saw were either blurry or poorly lit so I couldn't see it properly so went with my own thoughts and came up with this. I created a sort of mix between a Vibroblade knife and a lightsaber, giving the cutting edge of the weapon a "plasma" light (I did later see that Hunter's IRL knife had a yellow circuitry pattern/glow on the side of the blade). The handgrip features all the same Clone Force 99 details I have incorporated into my previous hilts, the logo/colour scheme etc...but this knife also has a neon/OLED style display mounted on the side. It shows various operating details but can be switched off for "stealth missions"!

And for the sharp eyed members, you might just be able to pick out Hunter's red headband replicated on this knife around the base of the blade!

Finally, as I had so much fun designing these I felt it would be nice for a group picture of Clone Force 99 with their new toys...I hope you have enjoyed this collection and thanks so much for all your comments and kind words. Till next time....The Bad Batch!

I have a new favorite FT 'Batch saber, and it's the "Tracker" knife!  A WORTHY addition for any saber enthusiast  Smiley

As you already stated, the deliberate homogenous look of the collection is absolutely perfect!  Oh, and the final pic presenting the entire set?  BRILLIANT!!!  If Disney+ knew what was good for them, they would hire you to make ALL of the 'Batch's saber designs  Cheesy

WELL deserved point!

...Maybe another "Bad Batch Collection" for season 2?  Wink

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #2034 on: August 10, 2021, 08:11:49 PM »

Took a HOT minute to catch up on this thread, but its nice to see For doing what he does best as always! Very fitting sabers for each member! A heavily deserved point! (And now i need to go catch up on BB since ive only seen episodes 1-2)

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2035 on: August 10, 2021, 10:36:08 PM »

I have a new favorite FT 'Batch saber, and it's the "Tracker" knife!  A WORTHY addition for any saber enthusiast  Smiley

As you already stated, the deliberate homogenous look of the collection is absolutely perfect!  Oh, and the final pic presenting the entire set?  BRILLIANT!!!  If Disney+ knew what was good for them, they would hire you to make ALL of the 'Batch's saber designs  Cheesy!
...Maybe another "Bad Batch Collection" for season 2?  Wink

I am hoping one day to break into the "official" market for designing these and get hired - you never know it may happen. But I can be fairly sure that if season 2 is as good or better than the first then there will be more designs coming from this show. (I am working on a hilt for Omega, I haven't forgotten her!)

So glad you liked the "Tracker" and thanks as always.....Now I better get to work on Omega's hilt.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2036 on: August 10, 2021, 10:42:38 PM »

Took a HOT minute to catch up on this thread, but its nice to see For doing what he does best as always! Very fitting sabers for each member! A heavily deserved point! (And now i need to go catch up on BB since ive only seen episodes 1-2)

Hi Psycho, hope you're doing well. I think you will enjoy the show, it is well written showing the development of the characters. And as you have seen from my designs the characters themselves are really well done with each member having a similar yet unique personality. I just watched ep.15 and they left it on a cliffhanger....gotta wait another week for the final now.

Thanks again and happy viewing!

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #2037 on: August 12, 2021, 11:18:37 AM »

Man was I behind on this thread! I haven't been very active here lately life has been crazy for me this year. Points for the bad batch sabers! They are all very cool, good work as always! MTFBWY!

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Enigma AB; Exile CG w/sd; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2038 on: August 12, 2021, 07:53:18 PM »

Man was I behind on this thread! I haven't been very active here lately life has been crazy for me this year. Points for the bad batch sabers! They are all very cool, good work as always! MTFBWY!

Hi MavRick, I hope the real life issues are manageable and you and your folks are OK on the whole. I perfectly understand IRL issues popping up as I myself have had family emergencies and such to deal with recently. So don't worry about not being as active, as long as you are ok that's the main thing. I'm just humbled that you enjoyed the hilts you have caught up on with and let me know about it. MTFBWY also. Point incoming.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2039 on: August 16, 2021, 03:32:51 PM »

Hello Everybody,

Again I am a little late posting but real life has had a habit of getting in my way recently. However today I have something totally different from The Bad Batch...something from a different franchise. Whilst posting the BB hilts I had a little bit more spare time (cos I modelled them all within a week) and managed to watch a few movies.
A channel named Film4 in the UK had a Star Trek marathon and I thought a change would do me good. Anyway in "The Undiscovered Country" Kirk and McCoy get sent to Ruhre Pente, a prison colony, for "murdering" a Klingon. One of the Klingon prison guards had a shock baton and I thought I could make it in Blender. I did, from the grainy screengrab I had showing it but didn't like it so I modified it into this, "Horey'So 'Eth" or "Honour Blade" staff....

I think this turned out better than the single baton and I managed to use some advanced texturing on this staff so the "paint" actually looks like it is chipped and worn....and the leather I think is quite nice and wrapped well. Anyhoo I hope you all enjoy this slightly different offering. Thanks for checking it out.

Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: