Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 448507 times)
Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #2040 on: August 16, 2021, 10:54:35 PM »

Nice, looks like its seen some action an the coloring is spot on.  Weathering is coming along nicely too, but the chevrons in particular make this truly pop. 

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #2041 on: August 17, 2021, 11:00:10 AM »

Nice, looks like its seen some action an the coloring is spot on.  Weathering is coming along nicely too, but the chevrons in particular make this truly pop. 

Hi LSG, glad you liked the new texturing. I mentioned earlier in the thread that these new graphics called Procedural Textures work a bit like "Bump Mapping" in PC gaming where black and white images are used as overlays that the game engine decodes as "levels of shade" that give a flat surface an extra 3D look. The hard part is the fact each texture can have 5 or 6 "procedural layers" depending on their intended effect on the texture!

And the chevrons, I'm glad you picked those out because they are a carry over detail from my earlier Klingon inspired hilts. The chevrons represent the cranial ridges that distinguish the Klingons.

Thanks as always. point incoming.

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #2042 on: August 17, 2021, 04:57:46 PM »

Hello Everybody,

Again I am a little late posting but real life has had a habit of getting in my way recently. However today I have something totally different from The Bad Batch...something from a different franchise. Whilst posting the BB hilts I had a little bit more spare time (cos I modelled them all within a week) and managed to watch a few movies.
A channel named Film4 in the UK had a Star Trek marathon and I thought a change would do me good. Anyway in "The Undiscovered Country" Kirk and McCoy get sent to Ruhre Pente, a prison colony, for "murdering" a Klingon. One of the Klingon prison guards had a shock baton and I thought I could make it in Blender. I did, from the grainy screengrab I had showing it but didn't like it so I modified it into this, "Horey'So 'Eth" or "Honour Blade" staff....

I think this turned out better than the single baton and I managed to use some advanced texturing on this staff so the "paint" actually looks like it is chipped and worn....and the leather I think is quite nice and wrapped well. Anyhoo I hope you all enjoy this slightly different offering. Thanks for checking it out.

Beautiful design For, especially like the Chevrons on the center grip +1

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #2043 on: August 17, 2021, 08:10:29 PM »

Hello Everybody,

Again I am a little late posting but real life has had a habit of getting in my way recently. However today I have something totally different from The Bad Batch...something from a different franchise. Whilst posting the BB hilts I had a little bit more spare time (cos I modelled them all within a week) and managed to watch a few movies.
A channel named Film4 in the UK had a Star Trek marathon and I thought a change would do me good. Anyway in "The Undiscovered Country" Kirk and McCoy get sent to Ruhre Pente, a prison colony, for "murdering" a Klingon. One of the Klingon prison guards had a shock baton and I thought I could make it in Blender. I did, from the grainy screengrab I had showing it but didn't like it so I modified it into this, "Horey'So 'Eth" or "Honour Blade" staff....

I think this turned out better than the single baton and I managed to use some advanced texturing on this staff so the "paint" actually looks like it is chipped and worn....and the leather I think is quite nice and wrapped well. Anyhoo I hope you all enjoy this slightly different offering. Thanks for checking it out.
Another fantastic fusion between two of my favorite franchises!

Hmm, those Klingon insignias along the emitters look awesome, the chevron windows are a favorite (I love emitter windows  Grin), and the texturing really bring this saberstaff to life!

Point!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2044 on: August 17, 2021, 09:22:06 PM »

Hi Dutch and Psycho,

Thanks guys, I think a change of focus and subject matter helps me every now and then. This Klingon staff was fun and again I managed to carry a few style cues from my earlier Gre'thor and B'Elanna Torres hilts. I still have a hilt for General Chang and a saber inspired by a Klingon ship to show off but you'll have to wait till it decloaks to see it Roll Eyes

Thanks again and points incoming. I'm off to play with my new Lego Interceptor I got recently (and a digital model of it!)

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2045 on: August 22, 2021, 10:39:49 PM »

Hello Everybody,

I think it's that time of the week again to post a new design, and this one I am quite pleased with. It is inspired by The Mandalorian show even though I haven't seen a single episode yet (can't afford D+  Sad ) but luckily the internet keeps me informed on content. And one day I read/heard about a craftsperson in the Mandalorian...or should I say a blacksmith....an Armourer (<UK spelling ok) and that character looked imposing and I figured I bet no-one has built a saber for this person...

Soo...I set about constructing one and this is it...The Quartermaster Saber...

I was really happy how this hilt came together, from the overall shape, down to the colour scheme which I think I nailed. I gave the hilt a nice leather wrap, emitter shrouds and pommel shields (and the pommel insert looks like the furnace burner rings of the Armourer's forge)...I even demolished an old piece of "Black Ash" wood effect furniture I had lying around to build a stand for this one. And as a final touch I 3D modelled the name plaque in brushed gold.

I hope you like this one...thanks for checking it out and as always...Till next time...

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #2046 on: August 23, 2021, 05:20:44 AM »

I think you nailed the Armour colour too (UK and Aus spelling!).  The helmet detail on the hilt is especially spectacular, really working those metallics well.  Also it looks solid, perfectly fitting the large frame of the inspiration.  Background is good too. Would be good to see, as you get better at 'weathering' effects' you return to it and take a bit of the polish off the metal like its been on the hip close to he forge getting soot in the crevices, for fresh off the production line though its brilliant. 

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2047 on: August 23, 2021, 12:15:26 PM »

Would be good to see, as you get better at 'weathering' effects' you return to it and take a bit of the polish off the metal like its been on the hip close to he forge getting soot in the crevices, for fresh off the production line though its brilliant. 

Hi LSG, thanks for the great feedback - you always have good suggestions. I am working my way through learning how to apply "grunge" and scratches onto my models. I tried a while back but the techniques I used then made the dirt look too artificial (like poodoo if you excuse my language). Luckily now there are a couple of new functions that should allow me to add scratches and scrapes along edges and one that adds dirt into creases and crevices. Keep tuned and I'll work on it ok! Thanks again, point incoming.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2048 on: August 23, 2021, 01:28:23 PM »

Hi again LSG,

I would have modified my last comment but just ran out of time...however as much as it pained me to deface my shiny new saber, was this the sort of weathering you meant?

Oh the poor paintwork! Anyhoo I'll continue to work on this and add a scratch or two and post the results in a future post ok?

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #2049 on: August 23, 2021, 02:05:57 PM »

Hello Everybody,

I think it's that time of the week again to post a new design, and this one I am quite pleased with. It is inspired by The Mandalorian show even though I haven't seen a single episode yet (can't afford D+  Sad ) but luckily the internet keeps me informed on content. And one day I read/heard about a craftsperson in the Mandalorian...or should I say a blacksmith....an Armourer (<UK spelling ok) and that character looked imposing and I figured I bet no-one has built a saber for this person...

I was really happy how this hilt came together, from the overall shape, down to the colour scheme which I think I nailed. I gave the hilt a nice leather wrap, emitter shrouds and pommel shields (and the pommel insert looks like the furnace burner rings of the Armourer's forge)...I even demolished an old piece of "Black Ash" wood effect furniture I had lying around to build a stand for this one. And as a final touch I 3D modelled the name plaque in brushed gold.

I hope you like this one...thanks for checking it out and as always...Till next time...
I liked the previous double bladed saber but this one?? THIS ONE I WANT! It's stunning!!!

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #2050 on: August 23, 2021, 03:43:04 PM »

Hello Everybody,

That there is a beaut

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2051 on: August 23, 2021, 04:17:26 PM »

I liked the previous double bladed saber but this one?? THIS ONE I WANT! It's stunning!!!
That there is a beaut

Hi DarthRondoudou and Psycho, thanks so much guys - so glad you ilked this (sorry I had to add a bit of grime onto it later). I haven't really done much in the way of Mando inspired sabers because of the aforementioned fact I don't have D+ to watch it. But I think I need to do a bit more research online and work on a few more Mando hilts, maybe a Moff Gideon, Cara Dune or Fennec Shand?

points incoming and thanks again.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #2052 on: August 23, 2021, 05:40:01 PM »

Hello Everybody,

I have a shiny, new favorite saber from FT Sabers, and it is the Quartermaster!  From the color scheme (B-E-A-Utiful!) to the emitter details to the black leather wrap for the hilt, this saber is just AWESOME  Grin

WELL deserved point, my friend!

...and for the record, I like the "brand new, shiny-SHINY" veneer for this saber  Wink

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2053 on: August 23, 2021, 06:33:06 PM »

Hello Dutch,

Thanks to you also, and I'm glad you liked the clean Quartermaster - though I have to admit LSG was right to suggest I add a bit of damage and grime to it...it makes sense. I am working on adding scratches now.

I am also doing some Lego landscaping to a new model I'm working on in the Lego Digital Designer I downloaded and you've already seen the Mk 1 Infiltrator I built. Good news - I am tidying that model up and smoothing some of the lines out around the wings - I'll send you renders when I finish ok!

Thanks as always and a point on the way to you.

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #2054 on: August 24, 2021, 06:11:39 AM »

Hi DarthRondoudou and Psycho, thanks so much guys - so glad you ilked this (sorry I had to add a bit of grime onto it later). I haven't really done much in the way of Mando inspired sabers because of the aforementioned fact I don't have D+ to watch it. But I think I need to do a bit more research online and work on a few more Mando hilts, maybe a Moff Gideon, Cara Dune or Fennec Shand?

points incoming and thanks again.
I'd love to see what you'd do for Cara Dune, Koska Reeves, Bo-Katan and Sabine Wren. I can't recall if you did anything for her already. Point to you.

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 168   Go Up