Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 453535 times)
For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1559

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #2055 on: August 24, 2021, 07:46:56 AM »

I'd love to see what you'd do for Cara Dune, Koska Reeves, Bo-Katan and Sabine Wren. I can't recall if you did anything for her already. Point to you.

Hi DarthRondoudou,

I'll work on the first three names you listed but I already bestowed a saberstaff to Sabine way back in Aug 2020! You may not have seen it yet so here it is again...the "Artisan Saberstaff"

This was one of the first designs where I went really crazy with the texture system in Blender 3D. I experimented with new metallic and patterned graphics for a unique piece of "art" just like Sabine's.

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #2056 on: August 24, 2021, 05:06:20 PM »

Hi DarthRondoudou,

I'll work on the first three names you listed but I already bestowed a saberstaff to Sabine way back in Aug 2020! You may not have seen it yet so here it is again...the "Artisan Saberstaff"

This was one of the first designs where I went really crazy with the texture system in Blender 3D. I experimented with new metallic and patterned graphics for a unique piece of "art" just like Sabine's.
Somehow I missed it. And I really like it! I'm unsure about how she would handle a double bladed saber though. She was quite good with the darksaber.

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #2057 on: August 24, 2021, 07:43:28 PM »

Hi DarthRondoudou,

This is the PERFECT example of how a saber matches its "owner"  Smiley

From the color scheme to the emitter patterning, I can definitely see Sabine wielding this while simultaneously using it for her "art"  Wink

Point!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2058 on: August 24, 2021, 09:07:04 PM »

Somehow I missed it. And I really like it! I'm unsure about how she would handle a double bladed saber though. She was quite good with the darksaber.

Hi Darth, as I mentioned I posted this one way back of Aug 2020 and that seems like forever ago so I'm not surprised how you might have missed it. I designed these and sometimes even I forget I have done certain hilts - but then I am getting old  Grin
I think Sabine would adapt to a staff quite well, Mando descendants are usually pretty well versed in various forms of close combat. Sabine certainly held her own on a battlefield from what I remember seeing in Rebels.

This is the PERFECT example of how a saber matches its "owner"  Smiley

From the color scheme to the emitter patterning, I can definitely see Sabine wielding this while simultaneously using it for her "art"  Wink

And hello Dutch, thanks again. I was just starting out using those advanced texturing techniques I mentioned where I could apply specific graphics and "map" them to a certain part (called UV Mapping). This allowed me to create the checkered and crackle patterns then locate them on the saberstaff more precisely. It sort of represents Sabine's Mando armour (you can see the checkers on her shoulder plate).
And when you mention her art, do you mean her paintings or her "art of destruction", which she is also good at?  Grin

Thanks to both and points incoming.

P.S. TO DUTCH: Congrats I have just given you your 1000th Force appreciation point!

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #2059 on: August 25, 2021, 07:36:24 PM »

P.S. TO DUTCH: Congrats I have just given you your 1000th Force appreciation point!
Hey thanks FT!  Smiley

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 602

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #2060 on: August 26, 2021, 01:14:39 PM »

Wow ,these 3 new sabers are great!! That quatermaster saber is an AWESOME work of art! I can just see Sabine wheedling that purple saber!  Points for all. MTFBWY!

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/s & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/s an silver foc
 Archon CG w/s an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/s an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite s and AB foc
 Exile in CG w/s an silver foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Free)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (Raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Dark Initiate V2 in GB (free)
 Franken saber in VA
 Dominix LE V2 in BR (friend)
Wish list: Sound in my Guardian, Dark Prophecy BR

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2061 on: August 26, 2021, 07:49:15 PM »

Wow ,these 3 new sabers are great!! That quatermaster saber is an AWESOME work of art! I can just see Sabine wheedling that purple saber!  Points for all. MTFBWY!

Hi MavRick, hope you are well. I am so happy how folks have reacted to the Quartermaster hilt, I felt it was solid looking as I built it (regards the theme). I had a few ideas to work with from the little bit of knowledge I had of the Armourer and went with that. The pommel insert for example I built to represent the burner/crucible of the Armourer's forge...then I find that Lego brings out a playset of the Forge and the fire pit is a big feature. I just realised I may have made a mistake...I could have called the saber "Crucible"....hey ho Quartermaster still fits I guess!

Thanks for checking all the hilts out.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2062 on: August 29, 2021, 06:05:02 PM »

Hello Everybody,

Yet again it is the weekend - where has this year gone - and the weekend means a new saber design. This time I go back to my "Character Themed" hilts which some of you may recall from the past. I created a saber based on General Grevious named "Kaleesh" close to when I first started this thread and later I modelled Iron Man, The Patriot and War Machine as I gradually got more adept at Blender 3D.. and today I have my latest character inspired by a scoundrel that appeared in an animated show I got to watch over the past couple of months. This character is a Bounty Hunter and his name is....BANE...

As you can see I really went to town on this build adding lots of details I could only have dreamt of attempting on the Kaleesh and Iron Man hilts. Again I feel pleased how this turned out and the colours look pretty close to the collectible figure I used as reference building this hilt. This is the figurine...

I think I got most of the details on this and don't worry I didn't forget to add an on/off switch - that is located on the underside of the saber where the two breather tubes attach to a small "backpack" in which I mounted the button.

I hope you liked this popular character and thanks for checking it out. Till next time...

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #2063 on: August 29, 2021, 06:51:15 PM »

Hello Everybody,

Yet again it is the weekend - where has this year gone - and the weekend means a new saber design. This time I go back to my "Character Themed" hilts which some of you may recall from the past. I created a saber based on General Grevious named "Kaleesh" close to when I first started this thread and later I modelled Iron Man, The Patriot and War Machine as I gradually got more adept at Blender 3D.. and today I have my latest character inspired by a scoundrel that appeared in an animated show I got to watch over the past couple of months. This character is a Bounty Hunter and his name is....BANE...

As you can see I really went to town on this build adding lots of details I could only have dreamt of attempting on the Kaleesh and Iron Man hilts. Again I feel pleased how this turned out and the colours look pretty close to the collectible figure I used as reference building this hilt. This is the figurine...

I think I got most of the details on this and don't worry I didn't forget to add an on/off switch - that is located on the underside of the saber where the two breather tubes attach to a small "backpack" in which I mounted the button.

I hope you liked this popular character and thanks for checking it out. Till next time...
Not a big fan of the "face" on the saber, but the rest of the hilt? Damn that's a fine looking saber!

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2064 on: August 30, 2021, 02:45:56 PM »

Not a big fan of the "face" on the saber, but the rest of the hilt? Damn that's a fine looking saber!

Hi DarthRondoudou, I know these are gimmicky hilts so I don't do them often. It was just seeing Cad again recently was fun and I thought why not stretch my modelling skills and try to recreate him. I'm glad you liked "him" from the neck down at least.  Grin

Thanks as always and a point incoming.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #2065 on: August 30, 2021, 08:09:17 PM »

Loved these last 3 For. I think The Quartermaster is my favorite of those ones, but they are really looking good.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2066 on: August 30, 2021, 10:15:27 PM »

Loved these last 3 For. I think The Quartermaster is my favorite of those ones, but they are really looking good.

Hi and thanks Taegin. There were a few details that really combined to make the Quartermaster the saber it is. The colour matching, the new textured leather grip and the shrouds all added something to the mix.
I'm just worrying a bit now cos I need to keep this level of design up!

Anyway, thanks as always for the compliments and a point is on it's way to you.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #2067 on: August 31, 2021, 12:35:52 PM »

Hello Everybody,

This is amazing!  From the greebles to the color scheme, this hilt IS Cad Bane   Cheesy. While all of your "Thematic sabers" always incorporate the subject matter in some way, I think that this one is among your most creative  Smiley

Great job, FT!

Point!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2068 on: August 31, 2021, 01:37:40 PM »

Hello Dutch,

I have to admit my "character" hilts have improved a bit since I posted the Kaleesh/General Grevious saber. Back then I wasn't able to model sweeping curves as I hadn't fully learnt the way mesh frames were created in Blender or the how to control the geometry's vertices, edges and faces. I have also learnt how to "machine" parts by using other objects as cutting devices to shape the hilt.

As I mentioned to DarthRondoudou, I only do these character sabers now and then to test myself as they aren't practical to use but Cad's recent appearance in the Bad Batch prompted me again.

Thanks as always and a point is winging it's way to you.

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #2069 on: September 04, 2021, 12:27:48 PM »

Interesting concept ideas floating in that big brain of yours.

Have a point.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: