Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 448465 times)
scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #2085 on: October 03, 2021, 11:00:40 AM »

I like the Klingon and Mandalorian Quartermaster inspired sabers, especially the Quatermaster one.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #2086 on: October 03, 2021, 01:50:15 PM »

I like the Klingon and Mandalorian Quartermaster inspired sabers, especially the Quatermaster one.

Hi SFD good to see you again. I thought you might like the Klingon hilt knowing that you are also a fan of the spaceships from that series.
But I have to say I was really pleased how the Quartermaster turned out so I'm glad you also liked it. I tried being clever when modelling the shrouds and used a "Scalable Vector Graphic" of the Armourer's helmet and imported it into Blender, converted it to a mesh then extruded it to give it thickness. Unfortunately it created a lot of awkward geometry, especially when I applied the curvature to it but that geometry created the "machining marks". I need to work on optimising my Quads and Tris in future.

Anyway thanks for checking my latest designs out and congrats on getting your new UltraPixel hilt - looks good. (Your video is the first one I've seen aside from Emory's Ultrapixel intro vid).

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #2087 on: October 03, 2021, 10:49:40 PM »

That's really cool, knowing how you did that shroud. It looks great to me. Smiley

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2088 on: October 11, 2021, 11:43:27 PM »

Hello Everybody,

I have been distracted somewhat by mounting real life issues so haven't been as active but  have to give a BIG THANK YOU to all of the members and visitors to this thread. I have just discovered I have passed the 200,000 views mark! (Currently 200,951).

For a small niche topic that is amazing. So thanks for the support and rest assured I still have a few hilts left to show (I'm just giving some a "Final Polish" before I post them to my site and here).

So THANK YOU once again and maybe I can crack a quarter of a million views Grin

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #2089 on: October 11, 2021, 11:55:36 PM »

Pretty sure we’ll hit that mark for you, and that it’ll happen pretty soon.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2090 on: October 12, 2021, 04:11:49 PM »

Pretty sure we’ll hit that mark for you, and that it’ll happen pretty soon.

Hello Cyclops, much appreciated and thanks for all the great feedback and comment you have left as well as the viewing figure. It all helps me improve.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #2091 on: October 19, 2021, 04:12:39 PM »

Hello Everybody,

Apologies it's been a while since I posted anything new but real life has thrown a few spanners into the works and I have had to devote more time to tending an elderly relative. Problem is my family member doesn't live in town so I have had a lot of commuting to do (the journey involves a coach ride and TWO rail journeys to get there). Sooo...as a result, well I haven't posted. But I have something today a bit different. A few posts back I showed off a Cad Bane shaped saber, well today I have a saber shaped like a Bounty Hunter or gunslinger's pistol. But, unlike Jocasta Nu's rifle saber, this one is designed to withstand the massive forces and works as a pistol and a saber. This is "Frontier"...

I envisaged this saber to use Kyber infused cartridges which can either be energised and fired as a projectile or energised and kept in situ as the focusing lens to produce a regular blade.
And I will say modelling this was a pain...sorry challenge, as I am no gunsmith and trying to align the chambering/breech, the cylinder and the swingarm was difficult (this is the first revolver I've made!) But I think it's close enough. I was tempted to add a filigree etch pattern on the metallic parts but the method I used to shape the frame of the saber prevented that - maybe next time.

Anyhoo, this was just to let you know I am still around, and I have had some great news - the sound of tiny feet will soon be echoing around For Tyeth Towers as a new addition to the family will be arriving - though probably not how or what you'd expect! Thanks for checking this hilt/revolver out. Till next time...
I can COMPLETELY relate about "Real Life" getting in the way of posting/reading/participating her on the Forums my friend!  That said: I believe that we'll make our way back here, sooner or later  Wink

And now...

I LOVE the mashup that you did for "The Frontier!"  Slightly reminiscent of a Gunblade from Final Fantasy, this is a wonderful theme saber that appeals to me as both a Lightsaber enthusiast as well as a Civil War hobbist  Smiley

Can't wait to see what you've got coming next!

Point!

Hello Everybody,

I have been distracted somewhat by mounting real life issues so haven't been as active but  have to give a BIG THANK YOU to all of the members and visitors to this thread. I have just discovered I have passed the 200,000 views mark! (Currently 200,951).

For a small niche topic that is amazing. So thanks for the support and rest assured I still have a few hilts left to show (I'm just giving some a "Final Polish" before I post them to my site and here).

So THANK YOU once again and maybe I can crack a quarter of a million views Grin
Alright!  Congratulations, FT!!!

LET'S MAKE IT 250,000  Cool

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2092 on: October 19, 2021, 08:31:52 PM »

Hello Dutch, hope you are well too.

So glad you liked "Frontier" it came about by way of a suggestion from a blogging friend of mine when he saw my Cad Bane hilt, he mentioned "I could just imagine a Star Wars Western with gunslingers and such!" which got me thinking. I knew about Jocasta Nu's lightsaber rifle but knew that had limitations so I wanted to come up with a more robust and effective design....and a revolver based hilt with four "crystal cartridges" seemed a good idea. I wanted to add filigree etching to the gunmetal but a glitch prevented that. Maybe next time.

And in my earlier comments I mentioned the "patter of tiny little feet"? Well Halloween is coming so prepare for a scare, I'm about to exit the shadows and show you the new addition to my family. (I don't think this breaks any rules of the forum but if there's a problem let me know) It's show time....

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=er_6krU48Rw" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=er_6krU48Rw</a>

Yes, the Force looked favourably on me and I won a giveaway draw held by fellow member Darth Rage. I was especially lucky because I only got my YouYube alert that Rage was streaming 2 minutes before he went live. I clicked to watch and the video came up just as he drew my name and announced it!
I am also very thankful and lucky because I would have had a massive job trying to get a Babu Frik because they are(were) Target exclusive so I'd have to import and deal with Customs/Taxes to get one....but Rage went above and beyond in sending it and sorting the paperwork. So thanks Rage.

Now hopefully none of you are too traumatized and I will return to Tyeth Towers and carry on designing - I am currently working on some "Visions" including a hilt I call "Rhapsody". Thanks Dutch and Till next time, I'm For Tyeth....the For in the Force!

p.s. I don't think I'll make a career out of YouTubing...it's hard work using just a smartphone and laptop! Cool

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #2093 on: October 20, 2021, 06:43:20 AM »

It's not Watto LOL! And then it got better...or worse...hmmm... Funny short vid For!

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2094 on: October 20, 2021, 08:31:35 AM »

It's not Watto LOL! And then it got better...or worse...hmmm... Funny short vid For!

Hi LSG, glad you liked it. I felt I had to do something special as way of recognition and thanks. As you know I'm normally fairly reclusive due to personal reasons...and I was told more than once I had a face for radio (actually a member of the community said I looked like that facially deformed character in the AMC tv show Preacher  Sad ). I don't let that guy bother me anymore.

Maybe I just need a tripod and better lighting......hm......
point incoming.

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #2095 on: October 20, 2021, 09:56:31 PM »

Look fine to me, in fact I think it would take just a few make-up scars and a bit of dirtying up ad right background to make you a very believable Jedi Veteran cosplay with your Jedi outfit and boots etc. would fit right in with that kind of wandering Jedi Watchman aesthetic. 

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2096 on: October 25, 2021, 03:15:12 AM »

Hello Everybody,

I guess I had best post my next design before I get too for behind my schedule. I have been distracted as I mentioned with looking after relatives and winning prizes, playing with LEGO and getting new costume parts and sabers....so I better show you a hilt inspired by that other distraction....Star Trek. This time the saber is for a Klingon General...this is Chang...

A fairly simple but battle ready and elegant design I think. I managed to incorporate a few different textures/materials - including the material on the base of the plinth to replicate the Klingon triangular motif seen in sensor screen grids.
I also kept the "forehead" chevron motif switch and of course the "Blades of Kahless" Klingon emblem.

I hope you like this saber, I have one more Klingon hilt waiting on the starboard bow to show you in a future comment, but for now thanks for checking this one out. Till next time....

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #2097 on: October 25, 2021, 10:31:17 AM »

Hello Everybody,

I guess I had best post my next design before I get too for behind my schedule. I have been distracted as I mentioned with looking after relatives and winning prizes, playing with LEGO and getting new costume parts and sabers....so I better show you a hilt inspired by that other distraction....Star Trek. This time the saber is for a Klingon General...this is Chang...

A fairly simple but battle ready and elegant design I think. I managed to incorporate a few different textures/materials - including the material on the base of the plinth to replicate the Klingon triangular motif seen in sensor screen grids.
I also kept the "forehead" chevron motif switch and of course the "Blades of Kahless" Klingon emblem.

I hope you like this saber, I have one more Klingon hilt waiting on the starboard bow to show you in a future comment, but for now thanks for checking this one out. Till next time....
Not a big star trek fan. But this is a beautiful saber. I love the gold accents on the black. the middle part is really interesting. Love it.

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #2098 on: October 25, 2021, 09:24:51 PM »

This looks great, FT!  As usual, I really like what you’ve done.  Your creativity continues to amaze me.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2099 on: October 25, 2021, 10:03:58 PM »

Not a big star trek fan. But this is a beautiful saber. I love the gold accents on the black. the middle part is really interesting. Love it.

Hi DarthRondoudou, so glad you liked this hilt, I was inspired after watching a Trek movie marathon on my local cable channel.  I saw ST 6 The Undiscovered Country and thought Christopher Plummer was great. I later chatted with a blogging friend who is a Wardrobe Designer in the movies and she told me she had worked with Christopher and would love to see a hilt designed for him...this was what I came up with. And as I was designing this at my friend's request I tried to add some texturing linked to the costume and look of Chang that a Wardrobe Mistress might appreciate. That is what the centre handgrip is - a slightly padded section to replicate Chang's padded armour! Thanks for the kind comment.

This looks great, FT!  As usual, I really like what you’ve done.  Your creativity continues to amaze me.
And hello Cyclops, that is very kind of you to say. As I mention above designing is a little easier if you have a strong character and material to work from - the trick I have found is getting a balance between cramming details in while still keeping the hilt useable. I do sometimes go overboard with Greeblies like I did with my ECTO-1 saber a year or two back but that was a special "Concept Only" design. Thanks to you also.

I have been busy with IRL situations recently, but I'm going to knuckle down and get back to more designing....so hopefully soon I'll have more to display. Points incoming.

Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: