Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 453697 times)
Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #2100 on: October 25, 2021, 10:31:05 PM »

As I mention above designing is a little easier if you have a strong character and material to work from - the trick I have found is getting a balance between cramming details in while still keeping the hilt useable.

Indeed a hard balance no doubt at time, I think this one works very well in that you've kept it quite understated, that's doesn't mean undecorated, just much like Chang's outfit done in a distinct but not 'over busy way' the glowing chevrons especially are well placed overall and don't dominate the design which they would if too big.

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 602

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #2101 on: October 26, 2021, 09:15:41 PM »

The Chang saber loos really good! It looks like a very useable saber and I think it fits him.  Point to you good sir.

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/s & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/s an silver foc
 Archon CG w/s an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/s an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite s and AB foc
 Exile in CG w/s an silver foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Free)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (Raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Dark Initiate V2 in GB (free)
 Franken saber in VA
 Dominix LE V2 in BR (friend)
Wish list: Sound in my Guardian, Dark Prophecy BR

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1559

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #2102 on: October 26, 2021, 10:51:40 PM »

Indeed a hard balance no doubt at time, I think this one works very well in that you've kept it quite understated, that's doesn't mean undecorated, just much like Chang's outfit done in a distinct but not 'over busy way' the glowing chevrons especially are well placed overall and don't dominate the design which they would if too big.

Hi LSG, I wanted it to have just the right amount of bling because Chang is so distinctive but as you say he is no-nonsense. That was the balance.  The "Chevrons" have been a running motif on my Klingon inspired hilts so this one had to have some too. And regarding balance....

The Chang saber loos really good! It looks like a very useable saber and I think it fits him.  Point to you good sir.

Hi MavRick, thank you  very much. As I just mentioned to LSG, Chang was no-nonsense and tough (as most Klingons are) so I had to make the hilt ergonomic and battle ready - but with that little bit of flair.  I imagine Chang sat in his ship's quarters admiring the hilt with a tankard of Blood Wine reminiscing about past victories as the saber rests on it's cradle.

Thanks  for the comments, points incoming for both of you.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #2103 on: October 29, 2021, 04:48:29 PM »

Hello Dutch, hope you are well too.

So glad you liked "Frontier" it came about by way of a suggestion from a blogging friend of mine when he saw my Cad Bane hilt, he mentioned "I could just imagine a Star Wars Western with gunslingers and such!" which got me thinking. I knew about Jocasta Nu's lightsaber rifle but knew that had limitations so I wanted to come up with a more robust and effective design....and a revolver based hilt with four "crystal cartridges" seemed a good idea. I wanted to add filigree etching to the gunmetal but a glitch prevented that. Maybe next time.

And in my earlier comments I mentioned the "patter of tiny little feet"? Well Halloween is coming so prepare for a scare, I'm about to exit the shadows and show you the new addition to my family. (I don't think this breaks any rules of the forum but if there's a problem let me know) It's show time....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=er_6krU48Rw#

Yes, the Force looked favourably on me and I won a giveaway draw held by fellow member Darth Rage. I was especially lucky because I only got my YouYube alert that Rage was streaming 2 minutes before he went live. I clicked to watch and the video came up just as he drew my name and announced it!
I am also very thankful and lucky because I would have had a massive job trying to get a Babu Frik because they are(were) Target exclusive so I'd have to import and deal with Customs/Taxes to get one....but Rage went above and beyond in sending it and sorting the paperwork. So thanks Rage.

Now hopefully none of you are too traumatized and I will return to Tyeth Towers and carry on designing - I am currently working on some "Visions" including a hilt I call "Rhapsody". Thanks Dutch and Till next time, I'm For Tyeth....the For in the Force!

p.s. I don't think I'll make a career out of YouTubing...it's hard work using just a smartphone and laptop! Cool

OK, first off: wonderful video!  It's a pleasure hearing your voice (especially after so many correspondences  Smiley)  And congratulations with your prize Babu Frik (and cheers to Darth Rage for being an awesome member of the community)!  I have to say that I'm VERY excited to see what your "Visions"-inspired sabers will look like  Smiley

Hello Everybody,

I guess I had best post my next design before I get too for behind my schedule. I have been distracted as I mentioned with looking after relatives and winning prizes, playing with LEGO and getting new costume parts and sabers....so I better show you a hilt inspired by that other distraction....Star Trek. This time the saber is for a Klingon General...this is Chang...

A fairly simple but battle ready and elegant design I think. I managed to incorporate a few different textures/materials - including the material on the base of the plinth to replicate the Klingon triangular motif seen in sensor screen grids.
I also kept the "forehead" chevron motif switch and of course the "Blades of Kahless" Klingon emblem.

I hope you like this saber, I have one more Klingon hilt waiting on the starboard bow to show you in a future comment, but for now thanks for checking this one out. Till next time....

OK, I've been a Trekkie since I first started watching television, "Star Trek" (and McDonalds  Wink) being a Sunday Family tradition in my house growing up SO when I see my two favorite hobbies combined like this, I get excited!  BUT, the thing is: this hilt isn't good...

...IT'S OUTSTANDING!!!

LOVE the emitter shroud, the sleek hilt, the understated yet perfect pommel!  Add in that fantastic color scheme, the lighted chevrons, and, of course, the emblem of the Klingon Empire=INSTANT CLASSIC  Cool

As you said: a truly elegant weapon^^

Point!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2104 on: October 29, 2021, 08:11:19 PM »

OK, first off: wonderful video!  It's a pleasure hearing your voice (especially after so many correspondences  Smiley)  And congratulations with your prize Babu Frik (and cheers to Darth Rage for being an awesome member of the community)!  I have to say that I'm VERY excited to see what your "Visions"-inspired sabers will look like  Smiley
OK, I've been a Trekkie since I first started watching television, "Star Trek" (and McDonalds  Wink) being a Sunday Family tradition in my house growing up SO when I see my two favorite hobbies combined like this, I get excited!  BUT, the thing is: this hilt isn't good...

...IT'S OUTSTANDING!!!

LOVE the emitter shroud, the sleek hilt, the understated yet perfect pommel!  Add in that fantastic color scheme, the lighted chevrons, and, of course, the emblem of the Klingon Empire=INSTANT CLASSIC  Cool

As you said: a truly elegant weapon^^

Point!

Hello Dutch, I am glad you like my voice...I am still getting used to hearing it for real as everyone else hears me (I still think I sound strange  Cheesy). I will say I am not a natural "on screen performer" though I did use to be a semi-pro musician and appeared on stage - but then I could hide and sing behind my keyboards!

And regards the Chang saber, I really try my best when I do these Trek crossover designs. I have mentioned before that if I "get it wrong" then I can easily upset TWO fandoms at the same time so I have to make these designs real carefully. Reading kind comments like yours and other members' tell me I am just about doing justice to both Star Wars and Star Trek.

Thanks as always for the great comments and MTFBWY.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #2105 on: November 03, 2021, 12:00:04 AM »

Never been able to get into Star Trek, but this is a cool looking hilt. Nicely done.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2106 on: November 03, 2021, 12:07:20 AM »

Never been able to get into Star Trek, but this is a cool looking hilt. Nicely done.

Hi Taegin, thanks so much. I'm pleased to say a few other members liked this one too. But don't worry I have a few more in universe Star Wars hilts coming soon, I'm just polishing them up as usual.

Thanks again....point incoming on the starboard bow.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2107 on: November 08, 2021, 03:05:04 AM »

Hello Everybody,

Well it's getting a bit late in the day/week so I had best post another design for you all to see. Again this is a bit of a gimmicky design but I wanted to see what I could combine from Star Trek and Star Wars. So here is a representation of a Klingon ship which was originally(?) a Romulan design...the B'rel Nach...or Bird of Prey!

I modelled this as a sort of Crossguard - maybe the phasers at the "wingtips" can fire little laser bolts to distract opponents, I don't know but those wings are able to rotate so they flatten down allowing the hilt to hang from a belt. The emitter is modelled on the forward fuselage with a Photon Torpedo tube opening for the blade socket and I even added a "Bridge" cupola with tiny windows circling it.

Thanks for checking this design out but before I go....this saber is a modified version of one of my past sabers....see if you can work out which saber and if you comment and  guess correctly I'll give you a bonus point! Till next time....

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #2108 on: November 08, 2021, 06:48:01 AM »

Hello Everybody,

I modelled this as a sort of Crossguard - maybe the phasers at the "wingtips" can fire little laser bolts to distract opponents, I don't know but those wings are able to rotate so they flatten down allowing the hilt to hang from a belt. The emitter is modelled on the forward fuselage with a Photon Torpedo tube opening for the blade socket and I even added a "Bridge" cupola with tiny windows circling it.

Thanks for checking this design out but before I go....this saber is a modified version of one of my past sabers....see if you can work out which saber and if you comment and  guess correctly I'll give you a bonus point! Till next time....

OOh, I really like this one. For some reason it just works for me. Nicely done.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #2109 on: November 08, 2021, 07:10:52 AM »

This is a nice looking saber!

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2110 on: November 08, 2021, 04:05:49 PM »

OOh, I really like this one. For some reason it just works for me. Nicely done.
This is a nice looking saber!

Hello Taegin and Darth Rondoudou, again this was just one of my outside the box ideas I got whilst watching the recent Star Trek movie marathon that I mentioned in my  "Chang " saber post. This time it was the "Search for Spock" and "The Voyage Home" films and the Bird of Prey that caught my imagination.

A long time ago I actually "modelled" a saber to look like the engine nacelle off the NCC 1701  Enterprise but because I used the "Other Guys" modular builder app I can't share it here - but it is on my website.
Anyhoo, glad you both liked the B'rel Nach, thanls for the kind comments. points on the way.

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 602

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #2111 on: November 10, 2021, 09:15:36 PM »

Very creative and the blasters out of the wing tips is a cool idea!! Nicely done , point to you sir.

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/s & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/s an silver foc
 Archon CG w/s an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/s an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite s and AB foc
 Exile in CG w/s an silver foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Free)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (Raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Dark Initiate V2 in GB (free)
 Franken saber in VA
 Dominix LE V2 in BR (friend)
Wish list: Sound in my Guardian, Dark Prophecy BR

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2112 on: November 11, 2021, 12:34:47 AM »

Very creative and the blasters out of the wing tips is a cool idea!! Nicely done , point to you sir.

Hi there MavRick, thanks again - I am not sure this would be the first hilt a Klingon would choose as their weapon of choice but I thought it was a bit different! My other hilts such as "Grethor", "B'Elanna's Blade", "Horey So'Eth" or my "Chang" saber would probably be more battle ready but ever since I did that ECTO-1 shaped saber a year or so back I have always had "what vehicle/ship/plane/etc can I convert into a saber?" in the back of my head.

Glad you liked the blaster wingtips, point on the way to you.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #2113 on: November 12, 2021, 04:12:33 PM »

Hello Everybody,

Well it's getting a bit late in the day/week so I had best post another design for you all to see. Again this is a bit of a gimmicky design but I wanted to see what I could combine from Star Trek and Star Wars. So here is a representation of a Klingon ship which was originally(?) a Romulan design...the B'rel Nach...or Bird of Prey!

Another interesting saber, FT!  Ever since I first saw it in "Star Trek III" the Klingon Bird of Prey has been a favorite of mine^^

And while I know that your query was already answered, I have to say that this design actually reminded me of the Battlestar Galactica Viper hilt that you did awhile ago  Smiley

Point!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2114 on: November 12, 2021, 05:17:35 PM »

Another interesting saber, FT!  Ever since I first saw it in "Star Trek III" the Klingon Bird of Prey has been a favorite of mine^^

And while I know that your query was already answered, I have to say that this design actually reminded me of the Battlestar Galactica Viper hilt that you did awhile ago  Smiley

Point!

Hello Dutch, wow you have a good memory...I did do a Colonial Viper themed hilt a LONG time ago but I'm not sure I can mention it here as I used parts from the ahem..."Other Guys"  Roll Eyes

And speaking of "Other Guys" the Bird of Prey isn't technically a Klingon built ship as I mention. Way back in Star Trek TOS,  it was mentioned in the episode "Balance of Terror" that ships with the feathered bird paint schemes were  actually ROMULAN! But if you listen very carefully in Star Trek III there is a single line of dialogue where one of the Klingons say they stole the ship for Commander Kruge to use!

However, it wasn't the Viper saber which I modified to build this hilt, I used a more recent one and "re-forged" it  Wink  (< re-forged is a bit of a hint)  Glad you liked the B'rel Nach though. Point incoming.

Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: