Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 448628 times)
MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #2115 on: November 13, 2021, 06:17:53 PM »

The saber stands for both of these klingon hilts are also pretty cool, just saying.  Grin Wink

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Enigma AB; Exile CG w/sd; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #2116 on: November 13, 2021, 10:40:05 PM »

The saber stands for both of these klingon hilts are also pretty cool, just saying.  Grin Wink

Hi MavRick, I tried to make the base look like the scanner screen of a Klingon ship by using a texture to mimic the triangular/hexagonal grid on the displays (the texture is an image of a piece of padded leather that I edited). The black and gold I thought was a classic scheme.

Thanks as always. Point inbound.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2117 on: November 14, 2021, 07:38:58 PM »

Hello Everybody,

Blimey that past week flew by quickly, I just mentioned on my website I couldn't believe how fast the year is disappearing. And so I guess I best post my next saber design and mentioning my website brings me nicely to this design. I have made a few good friends on the net through my site and one such friend has had a bit of bad health recently (well she has a long standing condition that flared up) and I thought she might need cheering up. As my friend is an avid Star Wars fan too and artist I thought I'd design a saber for her. My friend is known as Darksiderconfessions and this is the hilt I came up with....

This design is a very pared down and simplified version of the Armourer hilt I posted recently, but then I went to town adding a few little details to make it more personalised. First up is the colour scheme  which matched her website's theme colour palette, black white/silver and purple/reds. The second detail lies in the switch bezel and the pommel end cap decoration which ressembles an "electron cloud" or nucleus which is Darksider's logo. And thirdly, Darksider is a proud Kiwi or New Zealander so I went overboard and engraved Silver Fern leaves onto the handgrips - the Fern leaf being the national emblem for New Zealand . Ever since I saw the leaf on the tails of the national airline's aeroplanes I have loved that logo and fortunately for me Darksider loved the saber.

And that just about wraps up this weekend's offering, thank you for checking it out and I hope you all have a good week till I post something else. Till next time....Haere rā (<I hope I got that right my Maori is a bit rusty)

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #2118 on: November 14, 2021, 10:38:04 PM »

Nice one. The monochrome colour works well and the fern is very detailed, simple but elegant design.

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2119 on: November 15, 2021, 09:47:00 AM »

Nice one. The monochrome colour works well and the fern is very detailed, simple but elegant design.

Hi LSG, I was fortunate that Darksider's colour scheme for her site was black, red and white (mostly) because the black also kinda represents the New Zealand National Rugby team too, The All Blacks - always in black and always intimidating!

The fern leaf took for ages to find the right image to use to create the "etching". Some of the leaves were too straight whilst others were crazily curled around - eventually I found the one image that seemed to have the right length/width ratio and when I resized and rotated it to the handgrip it fitted perfectly.

As you say simple, but sometimes that is all it takes. Thanks for the kind comment. Point on it's way.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #2120 on: November 16, 2021, 07:21:03 PM »

Hello Everybody,

Blimey that past week flew by quickly, I just mentioned on my website I couldn't believe how fast the year is disappearing. And so I guess I best post my next saber design and mentioning my website brings me nicely to this design. I have made a few good friends on the net through my site and one such friend has had a bit of bad health recently (well she has a long standing condition that flared up) and I thought she might need cheering up. As my friend is an avid Star Wars fan too and artist I thought I'd design a saber for her. My friend is known as Darksiderconfessions and this is the hilt I came up with....

This design is a very pared down and simplified version of the Armourer hilt I posted recently, but then I went to town adding a few little details to make it more personalised. First up is the colour scheme  which matched her website's theme colour palette, black white/silver and purple/reds. The second detail lies in the switch bezel and the pommel end cap decoration which ressembles an "electron cloud" or nucleus which is Darksider's logo. And thirdly, Darksider is a proud Kiwi or New Zealander so I went overboard and engraved Silver Fern leaves onto the handgrips - the Fern leaf being the national emblem for New Zealand . Ever since I saw the leaf on the tails of the national airline's aeroplanes I have loved that logo and fortunately for me Darksider loved the saber.

And that just about wraps up this weekend's offering, thank you for checking it out and I hope you all have a good week till I post something else. Till next time....Haere rā (<I hope I got that right my Maori is a bit rusty)
Oh I LIKE this saber!  I love the "feathering" design on the hilt as well as the "electron cloud" in the emitter (and the activation button)!  LSG was spot-on: simple, elegant, and beautiful  Smiley

In fact, I think that it would be the PERFECT hilt for the Votarious!  I can already see this hanging on their belts, as dangerous as it is elegant...

Point!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

MavRick
Knight Commander

« Reply #2121 on: November 16, 2021, 11:36:15 PM »

Wow!! The Darksider is a AWESOME looking hilt!
I really like this one! The leaf detail is very good and it looks a be very useable. Very nicely done.
It's diffidently an elegant weapon  for a more civilized age.
I could also see a gold version of it for the lightsiders.  Wink  Point to you good Sir and MTFBWYA!

Sabers I own:                                           
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Enigma AB; Exile CG w/sd; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2122 on: November 17, 2021, 01:33:57 AM »

Oh I LIKE this saber!  I love the "feathering" design on the hilt as well as the "electron cloud" in the emitter (and the activation button)!  LSG was spot-on: simple, elegant, and beautiful  Smiley

In fact, I think that it would be the PERFECT hilt for the Votarious!  I can already see this hanging on their belts, as dangerous as it is elegant...
Wow!! The Darksider is a AWESOME looking hilt!
I really like this one! The leaf detail is very good and it looks a be very useable. Very nicely done.
It's diffidently an elegant weapon  for a more civilized age.
I could also see a gold version of it for the lightsiders.  Wink  Point to you good Sir and MTFBWYA!

Hi Dutch and MavRick, thanks guys. Every now and then I do a slightly "simpler" design and am surprised how many people take to it - especially as this was originally aimed at one particular individual. And I really am pleased how that fern leaf detail turned out as "etching" objects in Blender can be tricky or look messy around the edges. This etch looks well defined thankfully.

@MavRick, I will set to work on a "Lightsider" version - however earlier I asked if anyone recognised which of my hilts I modified for the Bird of Prey design.....well it was the Quartermaster hilt and believe it or not "Darksider" is also built using the Quartermaster as it's  base model!

Thanks for the comments and points incoming.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #2123 on: November 17, 2021, 03:17:39 AM »

Love this! So slick, and just looks great. Well done For.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2124 on: November 17, 2021, 04:51:14 PM »

Love this! So slick, and just looks great. Well done For.

Hello Taegin, that's very kind. Again I am really happy how so many people have connected with this design despite it being much simpler than most of my creations, and that I designed it with one specific person in mind.
At the request of MavRick I am just working on some coloured variants including the gold version he suggested...and I have to say with another bit of tweaking it might make a nice C-3PO themed hilt!

Anyhow, thanks as always for the comments and a point is on the way to you.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2125 on: February 06, 2022, 07:18:38 AM »

Hello Everybody,

Well it's been a while since I've been able to access the forum due to Microsoft sending a "Discrete Background Update" and installing it on my laptop without me knowing. Normally it wouldn't be a problem but Microsoft also switched off a setting in my browser that allows login details or other digital forms to be forwarded. I tried to log in here, but after entering my password and clicking send I showed as being online but had no controls to add comments or likes etc. Anyhoo I fixed the problem and I am back. And while I was away I did keep on designing so here is a new design for an old (and I think the first known) Sith lord....

Hope you like this one and thanks for checking it out.

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #2126 on: February 06, 2022, 09:17:15 AM »

Return of the Saber Smith! And what a return. The metallics on that hilt look fantastic and the details (Celtic knot work?) Are tremendous! Well done as always!

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2127 on: February 06, 2022, 02:55:12 PM »

Return of the Saber Smith! And what a return. The metallics on that hilt look fantastic and the details (Celtic knot work?) Are tremendous! Well done as always!

Hi LSG and thanks for the welcome back. You are spot on regarding the Celtic Knot detailing - I had done a Celtic etch before but that one didn't look as good. Blender has a function called "Bump Mapping" that adds either etching or embossing detail using a black and white image as a template. Blender modifies the surface of a model by raising areas that are black in the image template. The image I used this time as the template was higher quality and resulted in a much sharper effect.

Glad you liked it and thanks again. point incoming.

MavRick
Knight Commander

« Reply #2128 on: February 07, 2022, 09:47:12 PM »

I agree with lord-s-gray
 This is a very nice design and the Celtic knot detail is great! Point to for sharing. MTFBWY!

Sabers I own:                                           
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2129 on: February 07, 2022, 11:52:08 PM »

I agree with lord-s-gray
 This is a very nice design and the Celtic knot detail is great! Point to for sharing. MTFBWY!

Hello again MavRick! Thank you very much. I will say that I hope to improve on using a Celtic Knot it future for my etching, it's just difficult finding patterned graphics that will work well in Blender to create the "Bump Mapping" that forms the detailing. I am gonna try (carefully!) to type the Sith Code in a Sith typeface then save a black/white image of the quote in the format needed then try to etch that onto a hilt. Might be interesting. And MTFBWY also.

Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: