Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 448506 times)
For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #2145 on: March 09, 2022, 10:46:00 PM »

Hi MavRick,

That was exactly the sort of feel I was trying for. I wanted the saber to be something you'd consider as being like a dependable sidearm - nothing too fussy, just a solid performer. After all you wouldn't want your saber to fail during a skirmish.

Thanks again and I hope you are doing well...and I am working on a few hilts that may or may not be in a new show due out on May 25th Roll Eyes so I'm busy.

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #2146 on: March 10, 2022, 10:25:15 PM »

Hi MavRick,

That was exactly the sort of feel I was trying for. I wanted the saber to be something you'd consider as being like a dependable sidearm - nothing too fussy, just a solid performer. After all you wouldn't want your saber to fail during a skirmish.

Thanks again and I hope you are doing well...and I am working on a few hilts that may or may not be in a new show due out on May 25th Roll Eyes so I'm busy.

Agree this is a very no nonsense hilt, got a job to do and it will do it reliably. I like that idea not every Saber needa to be elaborate or aesthetically pleasing, solid functional devices are just as useful and suit some purposes far better.

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2147 on: March 12, 2022, 01:25:00 AM »

Hi there LSG,

I did let the aesthetic/idea behind this hilt  slip a little and added the posh activation switch but on the whole this is a "Workhorse" type of weapon. I have another starship inspired saber design coming soon based on a ship that may not look the prettiest but it gets it's mission done - hopefully my saber recreation will do likewise. Thanks for checking this one out!

point inbound.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #2148 on: March 26, 2022, 06:34:36 PM »

Hello Everyone,

Well, it's been a while since I posted here and I guess I need to share a new design. This time it is for an ex special forces commando turned law enforcer....she may be good at MMA but I still think she needs a For Tyeth Edition lightsaber....Marshall Law....

I tried to make a utilitarian/tactical hilt and think I did ok. This one is in Cara's colours and features a recessed panelling detail I made with a black leather texture. The saber is activated by an ornate switch, which if you zoom in on it, you'll discover is miniature version of her Marshall's badge (I actually modelled the badge too!). Around the pommel section you'll see a series of black vertical bars which I used to represent her bicep tattoo.

That just about wraps this offering up but I do have  other exciting news....I am no longer a FRAUD.....ever since I joined this forum I haven't actually owned an Ultrasaber (but I did have Ultra's blessing of sorts to participate) but that has now changed! I am the proud owner of a very special Ultrasaber and I am so happy. When I get permission from a certain individual I will share details of my new hilt with you all.

In the meantime, thank you so much for checking this saber out and thanks for pushing this thread's view count ever closer to the 250,000 target. Till next time...
I can certainly see (and agree with  Wink) the assertions of this being a "workhorse" hilt.  Still, that does nothing to diminish its own beauty; in fact, it is that very simplicity that works so well with this design^^

Oh, and the color scheme looks wonderful as well  Cheesy

Well deserved point!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2149 on: March 27, 2022, 02:21:28 AM »

I can certainly see (and agree with  Wink) the assertions of this being a "workhorse" hilt.  Still, that does nothing to diminish its own beauty; in fact, it is that very simplicity that works so well with this design^^

Oh, and the color scheme looks wonderful as well  Cheesy

Hi Dutch, the colour didn't actually turn out as I planned to be honest. I tried to recreate the colour of Cara's armour which seems to be a sort of petrol blueish-green shade depending on the lighting. I created the colour in Blender (or so I thought) but when I rendered the images the green tinge was missing, but luckily it still sorta works as the resulting blue colour works to represent "Law Enforcement" I guess!
(I think Blender may have glitched and substituted the texture colour I used on the badge for the colour of the hilt body)

Glad you like the hilt anyway, thanks as always. +1

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #2150 on: March 27, 2022, 04:20:42 AM »

Hello Everyone,

Well, it's been a while since I posted here and I guess I need to share a new design. This time it is for an ex special forces commando turned law enforcer....she may be good at MMA but I still think she needs a For Tyeth Edition lightsaber....Marshall Law....

In the meantime, thank you so much for checking this saber out and thanks for pushing this thread's view count ever closer to the 250,000 target. Till next time...

Oh, I really like this one For. That emitter is gorgeous, and all the little inspiration details (like the bicep tattoo) are so cool. And even though it isn't quite the right color, I really like the blue. It looks really good. Well done.

And congrats on getting yourself a saber!

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2151 on: March 27, 2022, 08:52:06 AM »

Oh, I really like this one For. That emitter is gorgeous, and all the little inspiration details (like the bicep tattoo) are so cool. And even though it isn't quite the right color, I really like the blue. It looks really good. Well done.

Hello Taegin, I really can't explain the discrepancy with the blue colour, it just seems like Blender had a moment and decided to swap colours. I know sometimes if you build a model in one piece of software then render images of the model in another application then there can be differences in shade etc (hence high end computers and monitors have Colour  Grading technology so they are industry standard) but for one application to fudge up is strange.

And congrats on getting yourself a saber!
I really am indebted to Kaiser as I feel much more part of the family now. I still have it next to me (if i had a Covertech it would be hanging from my belt!).
Regarding the hilt, I have seen,  read and heard all the disparaging comments about Ultrasaber products, but this saber is just really solid and I feel happy to take it to the next Comic Con I go to.

Thanks for the kind words and support as ever. Point incoming.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2152 on: April 03, 2022, 02:04:57 AM »

Hello Everybody,

Wow it's nearly a month since I posted a new design (time seems to be flying) so I had best bring you one of my newer creations. These two hilts were the result of me trying to model a saber that could accommodate a one-for-all slide-in electronics core. There is the Silver Twins and the Noir Gold Twins, enjoy....

(p.s. Sorry I haven't posted a lot but I've been feeling the pull to the darkside recently and drawn into the world of foam flinging....bigtime - I'll explain in a future comment!)

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #2153 on: April 04, 2022, 02:49:09 AM »

Very sleek and simple design, very nice indeed. the multiple buttons add a nice touch too.

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #2154 on: April 04, 2022, 07:26:03 AM »

Yes. Very sleek. I tend to really like the more sleek, simple designs though. Just a little bit of flare and they look amazing. Well done once again. Also love that Fallen style emitter.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2155 on: April 04, 2022, 08:07:43 AM »

Yes. Very sleek. I tend to really like the more sleek, simple designs though. Just a little bit of flare and they look amazing. Well done once again. Also love that Fallen style emitter.
Very sleek and simple design, very nice indeed. the multiple buttons add a nice touch too.

Hi LSG amd Taegin, thanks guys. I tried to recreate a recharge port with the round copper pin but forgot to cut the port into the hilt handle which is why it looks more like a switch! In Blender you can use one object to cut into a second object but because I didn't do the cutting function you can see the hilt material in the socket. The two brass coloured posts are the attachment points to secure the soundboard/electronics.

And to Taegin, the emitter is a slimmed down version of my Temple Saber emitter I did a year or so back. The full emitter looked like this:

Thanks again for the comments and points incoming to both of you.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #2156 on: April 05, 2022, 05:20:07 AM »

Hi LSG amd Taegin, thanks guys. I tried to recreate a recharge port with the round copper pin but forgot to cut the port into the hilt handle which is why it looks more like a switch! In Blender you can use one object to cut into a second object but because I didn't do the cutting function you can see the hilt material in the socket. The two brass coloured posts are the attachment points to secure the soundboard/electronics.

And to Taegin, the emitter is a slimmed down version of my Temple Saber emitter I did a year or so back. The full emitter looked like this:

It's a great looking emitter. One of my favorite designs that's come out of Disney era SW.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2157 on: April 05, 2022, 01:10:23 PM »

It's a great looking emitter. One of my favorite designs that's come out of Disney era SW.

I'm surprised that Disney didn't work with Respawn/EA and release more of the hilts from Fallen Order to be honest, not necessarily a full modular saber set but at least a few select hilt combinations of parts from the game. Though I think I read/heard that the "build a saber department" at Galaxy's Edge were supposed to be getting Fallen Order pieces to add to the saber parts available but I don't think I've seen any yet.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #2158 on: April 06, 2022, 05:44:45 PM »

Hello Everybody,

Wow it's nearly a month since I posted a new design (time seems to be flying) so I had best bring you one of my newer creations. These two hilts were the result of me trying to model a saber that could accommodate a one-for-all slide-in electronics core. There is the Silver Twins and the Noir Gold Twins, enjoy....

(p.s. Sorry I haven't posted a lot but I've been feeling the pull to the darkside recently and drawn into the world of foam flinging....bigtime - I'll explain in a future comment!)
These are fantastic!  I could really see some of the Temple Guard Jedi Sentinels carrying these as their primary weapon^^

...Or some of the Sith Acolytes  Wink

And speaking of...

I absolutely LOVE these twin-shroud emitters!  With the added Jedi Order details=pure win  Grin

Well deserved point!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2159 on: April 06, 2022, 06:02:23 PM »

These are fantastic!  I could really see some of the Temple Guard Jedi Sentinels carrying these as their primary weapon^^
...Or some of the Sith Acolytes  Wink
And speaking of...
I absolutely LOVE these twin-shroud emitters!  With the added Jedi Order details=pure win  Grin
Well deserved point!

Hi Dutch, speaking of Jedi Guards....well I am sorta cheating posting a pic of the Temple emitter because if you have a long memory you may remember I used it for these....

Can you believe it's nearly THREE years since I did these? Sheesh!

Anyway thanks for the kind comment and in other news, I mentioned to you in our PMs that I'd recently gotten a foam flinging device? Well I just managed to snag a second one so I have a pair now!

Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: