Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 448642 times)
TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #2160 on: April 06, 2022, 06:53:22 PM »

Hi Dutch, speaking of Jedi Guards....well I am sorta cheating posting a pic of the Temple emitter because if you have a long memory you may remember I used it for these....

Can you believe it's nearly THREE years since I did these? Sheesh!

Anyway thanks for the kind comment and in other news, I mentioned to you in our PMs that I'd recently gotten a foam flinging device? Well I just managed to snag a second one so I have a pair now!
3 years?  Amazing  Smiley

And those STILL look absolutely FANTASTIC!!!

A SECOND?!?  Shocked

I am officially envious  Cheesy

Congratulations my friend!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #2161 on: April 06, 2022, 08:42:41 PM »

Agreed! Oooooo Shinny!!  Shocked Grin  They look great point for sharing them again. Wink

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Enigma AB; Exile CG w/sd; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #2162 on: April 06, 2022, 09:45:41 PM »

3 years?  Amazing  Smiley
And those STILL look absolutely FANTASTIC!!!
A SECOND?!?  Shocked
I am officially envious  Cheesy
Congratulations my friend!

Hi Dutch, yeah I know I feel old now (and I did already). Thankfully even after starting designing in 2015 I am still coming up with new designs.
And I kinda had to get the second example of my new foam flinger to complete my collection as there were two versions released (long and short barrelled). Gotta get 'em all!

Agreed! Oooooo Shinny!!  Shocked Grin  They look great point for sharing them again. Wink

Hi MavRick, thanks and I'm glad you still enjoy the look of them.  I have struggled recently for Star Wars inspiration as I haven't seen The Mando or Book of Boba Fett but fear not, as I just mentioned to Dutch I am still coming up with new stuff which I will eventually post here (including some Star Wars Visions inspired hilts and a few Katanas).

Thanks to both of you for your kind comments, they keep me going!

mrg149
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -159

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #2163 on: April 07, 2022, 11:46:25 AM »

Your stuff always looks great! I have always wished I could sit down and take time to learn Blender.

Awesome!

“Heeded my words not, did you? "Pass on what you have learned." Strength, mastery, hmm... but weakness, folly, failure, also. Yes, failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters."
– Yoda

ARSENAL:
*Dominix LE v2 - "Dark Apprentice"
*Dominix LE v3 - "INVICTUS"
*"GUARDIAN" -Ask for Picture (non-US saber)
-Whatever Points-

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2164 on: April 07, 2022, 12:56:44 PM »

Your stuff always looks great! I have always wished I could sit down and take time to learn Blender.

Awesome!

Hi mrg149,
Thanks so much. The best way to learn Blender is to just jump in and have a play around to see what it can do, follow a few tutorials off YouTube to learn the basic commands and workflows to make basic shapes and objects etc ....basically set aside 15-30mins a day to tinker with it and you'll be amazed how quickly you pick it up.
If you ever download a copy (which is free) to try it out you can always ask me if you need advice (can't promise I'll be able to answer every question you might have but I'll know the answers to most  Cheesy)

Thanks again. +1 point.

mrg149
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -159

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #2165 on: April 09, 2022, 03:07:15 AM »

Hi mrg149,
Thanks so much. The best way to learn Blender is to just jump in and have a play around to see what it can do, follow a few tutorials off YouTube to learn the basic commands and workflows to make basic shapes and objects etc ....basically set aside 15-30mins a day to tinker with it and you'll be amazed how quickly you pick it up.
If you ever download a copy (which is free) to try it out you can always ask me if you need advice (can't promise I'll be able to answer every question you might have but I'll know the answers to most  Cheesy)

Thanks again. +1 point.

Point returned Master Jedi

“Heeded my words not, did you? "Pass on what you have learned." Strength, mastery, hmm... but weakness, folly, failure, also. Yes, failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters."
– Yoda

ARSENAL:
*Dominix LE v2 - "Dark Apprentice"
*Dominix LE v3 - "INVICTUS"
*"GUARDIAN" -Ask for Picture (non-US saber)
-Whatever Points-

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2166 on: April 23, 2022, 01:11:38 AM »

Hello Everybody,

As mrg149 is contemplating a journey into learning Blender 3D, I have been busy using LEGO's old Digital Designer software and decided to build some movie scenes.
I found a lot of images online of Lego fans' own creations of Naboo and Theed and I decided I wanted to "build" my own Theed Street scene. This was what I came up with.

I'm slowly getting to grips with the old LDD software and learning how to recreate real world Lego building techniques in it...but if any Lego fan were to see some of the "architecture" I used to build this they may have a heart attack!

Anyhoo, just something a little different to show you today.  But fear not, I have more saber designs to come in future posts. Till next time....

MavRick
Knight Commander

« Reply #2167 on: April 28, 2022, 09:35:44 PM »

This is pretty cool. I have the Star Wars lego games for my PS2 and still enjoy playing them.  Wink Point for sharing.

Sabers I own:                                           
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Enigma AB; Exile CG w/sd; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2168 on: April 28, 2022, 10:45:40 PM »

This is pretty cool. I have the Star Wars lego games for my PS2 and still enjoy playing them.  Wink Point for sharing.

Hi MavRick, yes I had the Star Wars Lego game also back on PS2. It was good and had quite a bit of replay ability but you couldn't build your own models. The Lego Digital Designer solves two problems for me, first I can design and build my own creations (known as MOCs) and as I have limited space in my flat all my Lego lives in my laptop and on my website. (Though I do have a few real Lego sets - an Anakin Jedi Interceptor for example and some Speed Champions  car models).

Basically the digital designer is fun and when I have "designers' block" and struggle to come up with sabers I can play Lego for a while and sometimes retrigger my creativity. Thanks as always and hope you're doing well.

point inbound. (p.s. I finished the game 100% and had over 33 million studs - and I accessed the Lego Town too).

MavRick
Knight Commander

« Reply #2169 on: April 29, 2022, 09:41:35 PM »

33 million studs, Impressive , Most Impressive!  Wink I had a lot of fun playing those games. It was good to take a break form adulting, lol. Wink

Sabers I own:                                           
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2170 on: April 30, 2022, 03:35:55 AM »

33 million studs, Impressive , Most Impressive!  Wink I had a lot of fun playing those games. It was good to take a break form adulting, lol. Wink

Hi again, the secret to getting that total of studs is that when you reach a certain level in the game then there is a moisture vaporator outside the cantina and it gets activated. Once it is activated it erupts every couple of seconds with a shower of studs. You just have to collect all the high value coloured studs and keep an eye out for the "Stud Value Multiplier" - studs that double or treble the value of the studs you collect from each eruption.

And regards having a break from adulting....not a problem for me as I still think I'm a big kid anyway!  Cool Grin

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2171 on: May 03, 2022, 08:09:57 AM »

Hello Everybody

On the eve of "May the Fourth Day" I have hit a milestone...or rather this topic has with the help of you all....here's why....

As the picture says, this topic has been viewed over a quarter of a million times since I started it. Unbelievable! So I want to give a big thanks to you all for the comments, feedback, Force Points and basically the support...it helped keep the thread going!

Maybe I can retire now..... Wink (No chance!)

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #2172 on: May 03, 2022, 05:19:01 PM »

CONGRATULATIONS my friend!!!

This is wonderful!  I absolutely love your designs, and can tell you've improved over time, your latest models looking INCREDIBLE  Grin

...And there is NO WAY that you can "retire" now! Cheesy

Oh, and that saber hilt is spectacular^^

Point!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2173 on: May 03, 2022, 06:17:30 PM »

CONGRATULATIONS my friend!!!

This is wonderful!  I absolutely love your designs, and can tell you've improved over time, your latest models looking INCREDIBLE  Grin

...And there is NO WAY that you can "retire" now! Cheesy

Oh, and that saber hilt is spectacular^^

Point!

Hello Dutch and thank you so much for being one of my biggest and longest running supporters! You have given me a lot of advice and feedback since 2018 when I started which has fuelled my development so you are a big part of this success.

And I'm glad you liked the new hilt....I don't know if you realise but this a modified Ultrasaber design...I'll see if anyone can guess which model!

Thanks again and don't worry I'm not really retiring as I still have more to come!
point incoming.

MavRick
Knight Commander

« Reply #2174 on: May 04, 2022, 09:21:01 PM »

IMPRESSIVE... MOST IMPRESIVE!! And well deserved for all the time and effort you put into your designs.  I always look forward to seeing what you come up with next. MTFBWY!

Sabers I own:                                           
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA

Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: