Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 448778 times)
For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #2190 on: June 27, 2022, 08:06:40 PM »

This is adorable, FT!
OK, Babu could give even Grogu a run for his money in the "cute" department  Wink  And this hilt has a more "utilitarian" look to it, appropriate for the little guy in question  Smiley
And, correct me if I'm wrong, isn't that Aurebesh for "Frik?"  Nice touch, that^^

Hi Dutch, yes it would be an interesting battle/face-off to see who was "Star Wars' cutest" (I gotta say I'm leaning toward Babu as he is my buddy and I haven't seen The Mando show yet to form an opinion on Grogu!)
The torch/saber just seemed obvious when I saw the toy when it arrived.

And yes, that is Babu's surname in Aurabesh!  I used to work in the theatre trade and had a set of tools to erect stage lighting and sound equipment and everybody at some point had something stolen/borrowed or misplaced so we all marked our equipment to identify it. So I thought this Torch Saber should have his name on it somewhere.
Blender 3D allows me to type in text using the Aurabesh Typefont then convert that text into a 3D object which I can apply textures to or stretch, skew or resize as if it were a model -a useful trick.

Thanks for checking it out. Point for your observations!

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #2191 on: June 28, 2022, 01:50:53 AM »

I like the idea that it could be a multipurpose tool (after all his belt is only tiny), with a lightsaber setting and a 'work' setting for his tinkering, great background choice too really sets the scene for this unique design!

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2192 on: June 28, 2022, 04:24:33 AM »

I like the idea that it could be a multipurpose tool (after all his belt is only tiny), with a lightsaber setting and a 'work' setting for his tinkering, great background choice too really sets the scene for this unique design!

Hi LSG, this hilt is in a way similar in concept to the Hera Syndula hilt I did a while back. In that design I combined a Torque Wrench/Hydro Spanner with a lightsaber (you might recall this one with the animated hidden controls). Babu's welding torch just screamed curved saber even louder.

The background image I used is one of the special Environmental HDRi images that I have. HDRi images in Blender not only provide a backdrop for a model but Blender takes the lighting details and projects that onto the model to create realistic reflections,  lighting and shadows. The problem I have is that I only have  a few good suitable HDRis - to get more (including more sci-fi themed ones) I would have to buy them.
Glad you liked the Torch and thanks as always. Point incoming.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2193 on: July 11, 2022, 08:02:08 PM »

Hello Everybody, I think it's time to post another saber design and this time it comes from Star Wars....Visions! I watched the series when it came out and one episode had a nice looking saber with a retro "Buck Rogers" style to it.

The episode was Tatooine Rhapsody and here is my saber "Rhapsody"....

I approached this as a "modelling exercise" to sharpen my skills at replicating an existing design but I think it turned out nicely and decided to post it on my site and share it here for you all. Thanks for checking this "Vision" out and please check back in future as I still have lots more to come. Till next time....

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #2194 on: July 13, 2022, 08:41:15 PM »

I like this saber it's sleek and useable looking. Not to fancy but a very trusty looking saber hilt. kind of like an old faithful type thing if you know what I mean. It's always going to be there for you and it always works!!  Point to you for sharing it good sir!  Grin

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Enigma AB; Exile CG w/sd; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2195 on: July 14, 2022, 01:15:47 AM »

I like this saber it's sleek and useable looking. Not to fancy but a very trusty looking saber hilt. kind of like an old faithful type thing if you know what I mean. It's always going to be there for you and it always works!! 

Hi MavRick (hope you're well), funny you should describe this as an old faithful reliable saber because if I recall correctly the saber this is based on was damaged beyond repair in the episode it featured in and it's owner (named Jay) used it's shell to make a microphone out of!

Luckily I modelled the saber as it was when it worked! Glad you liked it and thanks. Point incoming.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #2196 on: July 14, 2022, 07:36:27 PM »

Hello Everybody, I think it's time to post another saber design and this time it comes from Star Wars....Visions! I watched the series when it came out and one episode had a nice looking saber with a retro "Buck Rogers" style to it.

I approached this as a "modelling exercise" to sharpen my skills at replicating an existing design but I think it turned out nicely and decided to post it on my site and share it here for you all. Thanks for checking this "Vision" out and please check back in future as I still have lots more to come. Till next time....
Some of the episodes in "Visions" were enjoyable with some spectacular animation (my favorite art coming from "The Duel").  Well, I have another favorite now: FT's "Visions" saber designs!

I really like how this hilt balances a utilitarian frame with some subtle yet beautiful patterns/motifs that I could see someone like the former Vhal'Dan Kage Arkady Cyne using  Smiley

I'd love to see the other depictions of the "Visions" hilt in the FT Saber portfolio!  Wonderful job my friend  Cool

Point!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2197 on: July 14, 2022, 09:41:25 PM »

Some of the episodes in "Visions" were enjoyable with some spectacular animation (my favorite art coming from "The Duel").  Well, I have another favorite now: FT's "Visions" saber designs!

I really like how this hilt balances a utilitarian frame with some subtle yet beautiful patterns/motifs that I could see someone like the former Vhal'Dan Kage Arkady Cyne using  Smiley

I'd love to see the other depictions of the "Visions" hilt in the FT Saber portfolio!  Wonderful job my friend  Cool

Hi Dutch, the animation in The Duel was fabulous (and I think the episode called The Elder? was good too).
As I mentioned to MavRick I didn't exactly design this hilt, I just added the activation switch and LED indicators. I thought using an old style sliding switch like those on retro flashlights would look appropriate with the 1930's/40s style sci-fi design (the saber I feel has an old "Flash Gordon-esqe" vibe).
I will endeavour to re-watch the shows and work on a few more Visions hilts - but at the moment I'm just working on some Phase 2 Troopers Cool

Thanks as always. Point inbound.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #2198 on: July 26, 2022, 10:40:18 PM »

I've been away for several days, so I missed this one until just now, but I quite like this hilt. Well done For.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2199 on: July 27, 2022, 12:30:49 AM »

I've been away for several days, so I missed this one until just now, but I quite like this hilt. Well done For.

Hi Taegin, I have been a little busy with real life getting in the way of my forum activity so I understand. I modelled this hilt a few months ago now but only just got round to posting it here. As I mention this saber was from episode 2 of Visions (Tatooine Rhapsody) but  I have been working on a few more Visions hilts in response to TheDutchman's request. Glad you liked it.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2200 on: July 29, 2022, 08:32:51 AM »

Hello Everybody,

Just a quick picture of a Lego build I did that TheDutchman may find interesting - I think it's his Mandalorion Infiltrator ship from his fantastic fan-fic story....

I built this model in the Lego Digital Designer software I have on my laptop.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #2201 on: August 04, 2022, 01:36:49 AM »

Hello Everybody,

Just a quick picture of a Lego build I did that TheDutchman may find interesting - I think it's his Mandalorion Infiltrator ship from his fantastic fan-fic story....

I built this model in the Lego Digital Designer software I have on my laptop.

FT,

THIS!

IS!!

AWESOME!!!

How better to improve upon one of my hobbies (Star Wars  Smiley) than to combine it with another (Legos  Wink)?!?

I love how your model for Fenris' Dirge looks!  Not to mention that you did this on your computer?!  Fantastic work sir!  This is ESPECIALLY true upon further scrutiny: the special pieces that allow for angles (like the engine pods and the dropgates).  Wonderful, just wonderful  Smiley

Oh, and again special thanks to FT for his selfless and incredible visual work that he has done for me throughout the years^^  I can honestly say that his renderings have been the inspiration for MANY scenes, truly improving my writing  Smiley

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2202 on: August 05, 2022, 12:20:38 AM »

FT,

THIS!

IS!!

AWESOME!!!

How better to improve upon one of my hobbies (Star Wars  Smiley) than to combine it with another (Legos  Wink)?!?

I love how your model for Fenris' Dirge looks!  Not to mention that you did this on your computer?!  Fantastic work sir!  This is ESPECIALLY true upon further scrutiny: the special pieces that allow for angles (like the engine pods and the dropgates).  Wonderful, just wonderful  Smiley

Hi Dutch, I am so happy you noticed the special parts that I used on this model. It was a tricky and fiddly job to find the pieces that worked together (there are various different hinge plates and they don't all clip together - so I had to experiment within the builder to find the parts that mated).

Here are a few more detail pictures.

In the first picture you can see the loading ramp complete with repulsor lift trolley. In the second image you can see the ratcheted hinges I used to attach the cargo and engine pods (near the yellow/black hazard stripes), whilst in the final picture you can see a representation of the "Sensor Droid Launch Bay" located on the roof of the ship.

And yes, the figures are wearing Manddo helmets but the Lego Designer software doesn't have the printing on the parts unfortunately!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2203 on: August 22, 2022, 10:36:49 PM »

Hello Everybody,

Time for me to post my next saber related design and I thought it was about time that I tackled a Darksaber. Now a long time ago when I started out using Blender (after ditching the software I used to use from some "Other Guys") I did try and build a flat bladed saber but it was sorely lacking. Yes it was flat and looked like acrylic but it was crude and didn't glow...

But fast forward a few years and I have leant a few new tricks and I came up with my version of the Mando Darksaber - a model I call "ExitLight"...

I feel this one is a bit closer to the original Darksaber and has he bells and whistles. I hope you enjoyed it.
Till next time...
p.s. I claim the right to rule Mandalore!

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #2204 on: August 23, 2022, 10:39:01 PM »

Nice, Great to see how far your skills have come too, its a very 'techy' design especially with the hard edges, wouldn't be pleasant to actually hold i suspect, but it looks awesome.

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: