Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 448553 times)
For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #2205 on: August 24, 2022, 05:55:52 AM »

Nice, Great to see how far your skills have come too, its a very 'techy' design especially with the hard edges, wouldn't be pleasant to actually hold i suspect, but it looks awesome.

Hello LSG, yeah I don't know what happened with the edges of this hilt. I used a function in Blender called a "Bevel Modifier" which should have rounded the edges off but it didn't seem to work for some reason. I didn't realise at first, then I made a change to the hilt which prevented me from rolling back to undo the bevel issue.
But I'm glad you like the saber anyway.
What kinda scares me is that I lost track of how long I have been using Blender now,  the green acrylic blade model I made back in 2018....where did the last 3 or 4 years go? Grin

point incoming and thanks.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #2206 on: August 24, 2022, 08:58:12 PM »

Hi Dutch, I am so happy you noticed the special parts that I used on this model. It was a tricky and fiddly job to find the pieces that worked together (there are various different hinge plates and they don't all clip together - so I had to experiment within the builder to find the parts that mated).

Here are a few more detail pictures.

In the first picture you can see the loading ramp complete with repulsor lift trolley. In the second image you can see the ratcheted hinges I used to attach the cargo and engine pods (near the yellow/black hazard stripes), whilst in the final picture you can see a representation of the "Sensor Droid Launch Bay" located on the roof of the ship.

And yes, the figures are wearing Manddo helmets but the Lego Designer software doesn't have the printing on the parts unfortunately!
These are phenomenal!  Your designs just underscore the main reason why I love Lego so much: the ingenuity of each disparate part coming together to create an amazing model  Smiley

Figures that the software doesn't have one of the best pieces in Star Wars mythos  Wink

Hello Everybody,

Time for me to post my next saber related design and I thought it was about time that I tackled a Darksaber. Now a long time ago when I started out using Blender (after ditching the software I used to use from some "Other Guys") I did try and build a flat bladed saber but it was sorely lacking. Yes it was flat and looked like acrylic but it was crude and didn't glow...

But fast forward a few years and I have leant a few new tricks and I came up with my version of the Mando Darksaber - a model I call "ExitLight"...

I feel this one is a bit closer to the original Darksaber and has he bells and whistles. I hope you enjoyed it.
Till next time...
p.s. I claim the right to rule Mandalore!
These are INCREDIBLE!  Your Darksaber model could EASILY be used in any of the animated shows, the details are uncanny^^

Absolutely outstanding!

This is the Way  Grin

And FT as the new "Mandalore the Ultimate"  Cool

Point!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2207 on: August 25, 2022, 02:18:51 AM »

Hello Dutch,

Thanks for the compliments. As I mentioned to you in PMs, I built this LEGO model in about 30 minutes using the Designer Software and I was amazed myself. I have said before that there are SO many parts that it's difficult for me to know which are compatible with each other in the first place...then I have to pick them out of a parts list which isn't easy on a 13 inch monitor! I will say the cockpit windshield may be a little bigger than the one seen on the original artwork but I had to make it that size to accommodate LEGO Minifig scale.

The "ExitLight" Darksaber I modelled using  a picture of an "Official" replica from the "Legacy Guys". However, as I said to LSG I had a glitch whilst trying to chamfer/bevel the edges so the saber was a bit more angular than I wanted -though the Tsuba handguard DID get rounded off slightly...I don't know, Blender huh  Roll Eyes.

I still can't get over the fact that I was so happy with the acrylic blade model when I built that - I had no idea I would be modelling Darksabers, Rapiers, Graflexes and PsychoSith designs four years later!

Thanks as always and a point on the way to you.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2208 on: September 14, 2022, 01:40:01 AM »

Hello Everybody,

Sorry it's been a minute since I last posted a design, just had some real life issues to sort out regarding an elderly relative. Hopefully they are solved now and I can concentrate on sabers again.

Now a long term aim of mine was to design and model a Katana styled lightsaber but I never quite managed to get 1) the blade shape to look correct and 2) I struggled to recreate the Tsuka Ito handgrip wrappings to look realistic. I colud model a strip to represent cloth and curl it to fit around the hilt handle...but I couldn't work out how to create a second "mirrored" strip that when placed on top of the first strip would appear woven. However, I saw a video on YouTube and I discovered that if I made a duplicate strip then set it's dimensions to negative values, Blender would reshape the strip but wound counter-clockwise. This unlocked the trick to Katana wrapping and so I now present my first attempt a legendary sword )but with a bit more "cutting edge")....

This Katana is a shorter hilt like a Wakizashi bit I may have made the blade a little too long. Luckily I have modelled a few more newer Katanas and balanced the blade to the handgrip. Anyhoo, I hope you liked this one, thanks for checking it out.

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #2209 on: September 14, 2022, 04:02:04 AM »

Again, For... wow.  just wow.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2210 on: September 14, 2022, 01:27:29 PM »

Again, For... wow.  just wow.

Hello Cyclops, I'm glad you seem impressed. For a long time I struggled to get the blade curvature right.  It took me a while to figure out the functions I needed to forge the blade but it was worth it eventuallu....then as I mention I just needed to learn Tsuka Ito wrapping!

Thanks as always, point on it's way.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #2211 on: September 14, 2022, 09:29:46 PM »

Hello Everybody,

Sorry it's been a minute since I last posted a design, just had some real life issues to sort out regarding an elderly relative. Hopefully they are solved now and I can concentrate on sabers again.

Now a long term aim of mine was to design and model a Katana styled lightsaber but I never quite managed to get 1) the blade shape to look correct and 2) I struggled to recreate the Tsuka Ito handgrip wrappings to look realistic. I colud model a strip to represent cloth and curl it to fit around the hilt handle...but I couldn't work out how to create a second "mirrored" strip that when placed on top of the first strip would appear woven. However, I saw a video on YouTube and I discovered that if I made a duplicate strip then set it's dimensions to negative values, Blender would reshape the strip but wound counter-clockwise. This unlocked the trick to Katana wrapping and so I now present my first attempt a legendary sword )but with a bit more "cutting edge")....

This Katana is a shorter hilt like a Wakizashi bit I may have made the blade a little too long. Luckily I have modelled a few more newer Katanas and balanced the blade to the handgrip. Anyhoo, I hope you liked this one, thanks for checking it out.
Ever since I saw "Shogun" on TV (later reading both James Clavel volumes), I've been a fan of Japanese swords so much so that I've not only got a couple of katana&wakizashi sets as well as a damascus blade katana.  And I can't tell you what a pleasure it was to see these renderings, scrutinizing the wonderful details and marveling in the clever work-arounds that FT used to create these masterpieces  Smiley

Fantastic job my friend!  Oh, and I love the "FT" in Aurabesh on the kashira  Cool

Well deserved point!

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2212 on: September 15, 2022, 04:20:38 AM »

Ever since I saw "Shogun" on TV (later reading both James Clavel volumes), I've been a fan of Japanese swords so much so that I've not only got a couple of katana&wakizashi sets as well as a damascus blade katana.  And I can't tell you what a pleasure it was to see these renderings, scrutinizing the wonderful details and marveling in the clever work-arounds that FT used to create these masterpieces  Smiley

Fantastic job my friend!  Oh, and I love the "FT" in Aurabesh on the kashira  Cool

Well deserved point!

Hello Dutch, many thanks. I have wanted to do a "proper" katana for a year or two but never felt I did it justice - then I had a couple of eureka moments where techniques worked and I modelled this.
Ah yes my initials....well I needed some way to mark my blade to identify it as mine so I put the letters in Aurabesh on it - fortunately they looked suitably oriental and in universe at the same time.

And my introduction to katanas wasn't quite so cultured as reading Shogun....I first saw a katana in the old 1980's Ninja movies on VHS video then in the GI Joe comics! Loved them ever since.
Thanks as always and so glad you liked it.

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #2213 on: September 15, 2022, 03:43:19 PM »

Great Katana For  could definitely make some awesome colour variants some deep reds or smoky effects....

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2214 on: September 15, 2022, 04:24:31 PM »

Great Katana For  could definitely make some awesome colour variants some deep reds or smoky effects....

Hi LSG, funny you should mention coloured variants as I have a collection of FIVE multicoloured Katana for a bunch of teenage warriors (each hilt has a different leather texture and emission colour).
I also have one for the leader of "The Foot Clan" plus a special one for Oscar Isaac!
Stay tuned....but in the meantime thanks for the kind comments as ever.

point inbound. (Oh and I'll have to work on some smoke effects Roll Eyes )

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #2215 on: September 20, 2022, 10:14:52 PM »

That katana saber looks sweeeeeett!!!  Shocked Shocked  If the blind guy in Rouge One had this he would have been unstoppable!!!  Grin Wink  I am one with the force the force is with me....
Point to you good sir for sharing it with us.

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Enigma AB; Exile CG w/sd; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2216 on: September 20, 2022, 11:54:39 PM »

That katana saber looks sweeeeeett!!!  Shocked Shocked  If the blind guy in Rouge One had this he would have been unstoppable!!!  Grin Wink  I am one with the force the force is with me....
Point to you good sir for sharing it with us.

Hi MavRick, thanks man and yes the Force is with you and Chirrut! I am a little behind schedule posting new designs here but I do have a few more up on my own site. I have sent you a PM with a link so you can have a looksee (and not just at the Katana hilts).
This project took me a long time to nail so it's really pleasing to hear your comments about it.

point on it's way in return, thanks again!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2217 on: September 29, 2022, 01:56:52 AM »

Hello Everybody,

Well today I have a little change of pace after the Katana offering I posted earlier but don't worry I still have near a dozen more to showcase in future posts. But today we travel back to the planet of the Twin Suns and The Book of Boba Fett. A while ago I designed and posted a Mandalorian themed saber and I included a Boba Legend coloured variant but I felt Boba deserved a bespoke hilt and as BoBF had come out I thought it was the right time to build him one. So here is Amban...

As you might have worked out, I based this hilt on the barrel of the famous Amban Pulse Phase Rifle. And no, this saber doesn't disintegrate your opponents. It does however feature a rusted metal texturing to make it look battle-worn. The handgrip is in a nice, brushed gold finish to balance it out and the grip features a perforated surface.... which is fully 3D modelled not a textured illusion! (It took me forever to carve out all those little holes...it was a "boring" job but worth it in the end Roll Eyes ) And finally on the pommel endcap I have a Mythosaur emblem to represent Boba's heritage.

I hope you enjoyed this one and thanks for checking it out (there are many more to come.)

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #2218 on: September 29, 2022, 05:15:34 PM »

Hello Everybody,

Well today I have a little change of pace after the Katana offering I posted earlier but don't worry I still have near a dozen more to showcase in future posts. But today we travel back to the planet of the Twin Suns and The Book of Boba Fett. A while ago I designed and posted a Mandalorian themed saber and I included a Boba Legend coloured variant but I felt Boba deserved a bespoke hilt and as BoBF had come out I thought it was the right time to build him one. So here is Amban...

As you might have worked out, I based this hilt on the barrel of the famous Amban Pulse Phase Rifle. And no, this saber doesn't disintegrate your opponents. It does however feature a rusted metal texturing to make it look battle-worn. The handgrip is in a nice, brushed gold finish to balance it out and the grip features a perforated surface.... which is fully 3D modelled not a textured illusion! (It took me forever to carve out all those little holes...it was a "boring" job but worth it in the end Roll Eyes ) And finally on the pommel endcap I have a Mythosaur emblem to represent Boba's heritage.

I hope you enjoyed this one and thanks for checking it out (there are many more to come.)
Normally I don't like the wing structures protruding from the emitter but this entire saber looks AWESOME (naturally, given it's inspiration  Wink)!

From the before-mentioned emitter to the grip texture (wonderful detail that) to the Mythosaur on the pommel&emitter, this is most definitely one of my favorite FT designs thus far^^  Seriously, THIS is a saber that I WISH I could purchase for my own collection  Cheesy

Fantastic work my friend! 

WELL deserved Point  Smiley

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2219 on: September 29, 2022, 07:55:35 PM »

Normally I don't like the wing structures protruding from the emitter but this entire saber looks AWESOME (naturally, given it's inspiration  Wink)!

Hi Dutch, whilst I was modelling this I was a bit worried the wings were a little oversized but whenever I adjusted them to be smaller they definitely didn't look right. Then I took another look at Ultrasabers' Malice hilt and thought "to heck with it, go big!" I'm glad it worked.

Thanks as always. Point incoming.

Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: