Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 448923 times)
MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #2265 on: January 19, 2023, 09:29:03 PM »

I agree, point to you for your creativity!!  Wink

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Enigma AB; Exile CG w/sd; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #2266 on: January 20, 2023, 01:13:02 AM »

Indeed not very practical but very fun looking saber! Great creative vision aa always For.
I agree, point to you for your creativity!!  Wink

Hi LSG and MavRick, thanks guys....it does make me wonder though where my mind is sometimes when these ideas pop up - I must be getting old Grin
And talking of getting old...
I love these "specialized" sabers (practical or no  Wink)!  LSG hit the nail upon the head: your creative designs ALWAYS impress, FT!

...And I DO remember the ECTO-1 saber  Cheesy
Can you believe I built that ECTO-1 hilt way back in 2018?  Shocked  I'd lost track of how long I've been using Blender 3D now!

Anyway thanks to all three of you and points on the way back to each of you.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2267 on: January 25, 2023, 02:14:37 AM »

Hello Everybody, hope you're doing well.

It's time I posted a few more pictures and today for any newcomers who may have missed it I'm posting a few pictures of the ECTO-Plasma Saber I mentioned earlier along with a new design from another classic movie...first let's bust some ghosts!

Your move.....Creep!

And for TheDutchman....I think I forgot this one you might like  Roll Eyes

Hope you all enjoyed these and stay tuned as I still have more to showcase soon! Thanks as always.

MavRick
Knight Commander

« Reply #2268 on: January 25, 2023, 09:52:22 PM »

Nice! That 2nd one looks like it could really be a production hilt! Point to you good sir.

Sabers I own:                                           
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Enigma AB; Exile CG w/sd; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2269 on: January 26, 2023, 12:11:27 AM »

Nice! That 2nd one looks like it could really be a production hilt! Point to you good sir.

Hello MavRick, the second hilt is a saber named "Pacifier" and I was inspired to build it after a chat I had with a blogging friend of mine. She is a costume designer in the movie industry and it turns out we both liked the Robocop franchise (the original 1980's and 90's versions). Pacifier is possibly slightly more useable than my  Ecto-Plasma Saber!
Thanks for the kind words.

MavRick
Knight Commander

« Reply #2270 on: January 26, 2023, 09:23:46 PM »

I knew that design reminded me of something , I just couldn't place it. lol And I also enjoyed the Robo Cop movies. Point to you.  

Sabers I own:                                           
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #2271 on: February 06, 2023, 09:56:24 PM »

The simplicity of the Mulan one is great, very well themed, also very atmospheric background shot with the mountains, those backgrounds really add a lot of dimensionality and story to your hilts. Well done.

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2272 on: February 07, 2023, 12:18:11 AM »

The simplicity of the Mulan one is great, very well themed, also very atmospheric background shot with the mountains, those backgrounds really add a lot of dimensionality and story to your hilts. Well done.

Hi LSG, this Mulan hilt is basically just a copy of the actual hilt seen in the movie (well as close as I could get anyway). I'm glad you like the backgrounds too though because I spend a lot of time looking for suitable images to use as backdrops. Some are 360 degree panoramic wallpapers whilst others are High Definition Resolution images (aka HDRi pictures that contain lighting data that can be used to illuminate the model - pretty nifty and makes the renders look more realistic).

Anyhoo thanks as always for checking this out and commenting. Point inbound.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #2273 on: February 17, 2023, 06:00:42 PM »

Hello Everybody, hope you're doing well.

It's time I posted a few more pictures and today for any newcomers who may have missed it I'm posting a few pictures of the ECTO-Plasma Saber I mentioned earlier along with a new design from another classic movie...first let's bust some ghosts!

Your move.....Creep!

And for TheDutchman....I think I forgot this one you might like  Roll Eyes

Hope you all enjoyed these and stay tuned as I still have more to showcase soon! Thanks as always.
I've always liked your "themed" sabers and the ECTO-plasma saber is a perfect example as to why: remarkable attention to detail where you're able to take an existing IP and synergize that content with a lightsaber!  Plus: who doesn't like an '80s throwback like Robocop  Grin

You're right; the Mulan-inspired hilt looks phenomenal!  I especially LOVE the details on the tsuba!

As always: AWESOME work!

WELL deserved point  Smiley

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2274 on: February 17, 2023, 11:47:21 PM »

Hi Dutch,

Thanks so much. I find the themed hilts a little easier to do sometimes, I  just have to find ways to replicate IP objects such as Ecto-1 into a saber shaped part. Then I have to find a balance of adding the right amount of details so it's obvious what the inspiration is but not overdoing it and adding too much making the design cluttered.

And I guess it's time I should post a few more pics and this time it's the G.I Joe katana belonging to Snake Eyes (or Maul?  Grin)

An interesting factoid.....The Hexagram symbol is actually the name of the Arashikage clan (that Snake and Storm Shadow belong to)  consisting of a pair of symbols from the I-Ching, a form of divination or fortune telling, stacked one atop the other . The two symbols are Lí (the lower three lines) meaning “Flame” and the upper three rows are the symbol Kǎn meaning “Water”….the equal and opposite in all things. And what else has an equal and opposite in Star Wars? The Force of course! Light and Dark.

Anyhoo thanks again Dutch and I hope everyone likes Snake Eyed!

MavRick
Knight Commander

« Reply #2275 on: February 18, 2023, 12:33:32 AM »

Sweet!! I'm digging that G.I Joe saber! Point to you as always!!  Grin

Sabers I own:                                           
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2276 on: February 24, 2023, 02:13:17 PM »

Sweet!! I'm digging that G.I Joe saber! Point to you as always!!  Grin

Hi MavRick, sorry late replying but things are a bit hectic at Tyeth Towers and I haven't been able to do my usual "social media sweep" and reply to comments. So glad you liked Snake Eyed,  I think you may also like the upcoming "Building Storm Katana" too - together they kinda make a Yin-Yang pair.

Thanks as always and a belated point on it's way to you too!

MavRick
Knight Commander

« Reply #2277 on: February 24, 2023, 02:24:37 PM »

I look forward to seeing that one!

Sabers I own:                                           
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2278 on: March 01, 2023, 10:38:12 PM »

I look forward to seeing that one!

Hi MavRick and Everybody, I am still quite busy and will be for the next few weeks so I had best post the Storm Shadow hilt that I mentioned while I can. This is "Building Storm"....

Hope you all liked it.and thanks for checking it out.

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #2279 on: March 01, 2023, 10:52:10 PM »

You've done a few Katana's over the years, and each one brings something new, these recent one especially the engraving on the pommels and blade collar (which in turn flows into the guard itself) really give them the feel of works of art as well as weapons, you can imagine it wielded or on display. Great stuff as always ,nice subtle red glow on the blade too, not dominating but enough to make it appear a 'powered' weapon.

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: