Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 440570 times)
For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #2280 on: March 02, 2023, 07:47:12 AM »

Hi LSG, thanks so much. I chose to tone down the blade's glow to help Shadow remain concealed and stealthy but I did retain the Arashikage family hexagram logo on the pommel.

I think I have a few more katana designs for an upcoming movie due out in Nov of 2024 - yes I know I'm a bit early for the movie but I was inspired   Roll Eyes
point inbound.

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #2281 on: March 07, 2023, 11:29:50 PM »

I'm a little late to see this but it looks great as always! I like the subtle red glow of the blade as LSG mentioned. It looks very realistic and useable. Nice work as always and point to you good sir!

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Dorinian AB; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2282 on: March 25, 2023, 07:24:41 AM »

Hi MavRick and everyone, sorry I've been MIA but have been away from home and unable to get online easily. But don't worry I should be back posting in about 1 and half weeks with news. Just wanted you to know I hadn't forgotten about you all ok.

MavRick
Knight Commander

« Reply #2283 on: March 29, 2023, 12:00:32 AM »

It's good to hear from you. Hopefully you are back with us in no time.

Sabers I own:                                           
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Dorinian AB; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #2284 on: March 29, 2023, 10:40:52 AM »

Hey there For, it's good to hear from you

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2285 on: April 05, 2023, 11:34:52 AM »

It's good to hear from you. Hopefully you are back with us in no time.
Hey there For, it's good to hear from you

Hi Guys, thanks for checking in with me still. Good news, I am back in the UK after my "Jedi Mission" so I just have to browse through all my emails/comments/posts and notifications I've had while away to catch up on everything (I was gone for over a month). Hopefully I should be back posting/commenting very soon with some tales (and yes maybe some pics!)

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2286 on: April 17, 2023, 05:32:35 PM »

Hello Everybody,

Just thought it was time for me to post a new saber I have had in my virtual collection a while (I'm going to make an effort to get up to date but have been busy recently  Roll Eyes ).
Today I bring you a few pictures of my design In-Vader X-1.....hope you like....

I was quite pleased how this one turned out, especially the detailing on the inner surfaces of the "wing panel" shrouds plus the "solar panel checkerboard" texture on the outer wing panels.
Thanks for checking this one out and stay tuned I still have more to come.

MavRick
Knight Commander

« Reply #2287 on: April 17, 2023, 08:14:42 PM »

That's pretty freaking cool!! Impressive Most Impressive!! I like the way this came out. The wings look great and the grip section looks pretty comfortable as well. Point to you good Sir.
 It's good to see you back. I always look forward to seeing your saber designs. MTFBWY!

Sabers I own:                                           
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #2288 on: April 17, 2023, 10:28:16 PM »

As MavRick said very impressive indeed, the Emperor will be most pleased! Pretty much the fighter perfectly rendered into lightsabre form, metallic effects are especially nice.

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2289 on: April 17, 2023, 11:44:32 PM »

Hi LSG and MavRick,

Thanks guys, it's good to be back and getting back to some sort of normal.
I have quite a backlog of hilts to show forming as I don't post as often as I should (the forum went a bit quiet to be honest).

Anyhoo, so glad you both liked the latest of my starfighter inspired builds, the kind comments mean a lot.

AND to MavRick....CONGRATS on your recent good fortune in the Raffle Draw!
I look forward to your reviews.

MavRick
Knight Commander

« Reply #2290 on: April 18, 2023, 08:40:51 PM »

Thanks. It was a welcome surprise for sure as I never seem to win things. It's a 4th place prize. Free saber is a winner in my book! I will be sure to include pics in my reviews. Wink

Sabers I own:                                           
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #2291 on: April 19, 2023, 12:20:25 AM »

Hi Dutch,

Thanks so much. I find the themed hilts a little easier to do sometimes, I  just have to find ways to replicate IP objects such as Ecto-1 into a saber shaped part. Then I have to find a balance of adding the right amount of details so it's obvious what the inspiration is but not overdoing it and adding too much making the design cluttered.

And I guess it's time I should post a few more pics and this time it's the G.I Joe katana belonging to Snake Eyes (or Maul?  Grin)

An interesting factoid.....The Hexagram symbol is actually the name of the Arashikage clan (that Snake and Storm Shadow belong to)  consisting of a pair of symbols from the I-Ching, a form of divination or fortune telling, stacked one atop the other . The two symbols are Lí (the lower three lines) meaning “Flame” and the upper three rows are the symbol Kǎn meaning “Water”….the equal and opposite in all things. And what else has an equal and opposite in Star Wars? The Force of course! Light and Dark.

Anyhoo thanks again Dutch and I hope everyone likes Snake Eyed!
Hi MavRick and Everybody, I am still quite busy and will be for the next few weeks so I had best post the Storm Shadow hilt that I mentioned while I can. This is "Building Storm"....

Hope you all liked it.and thanks for checking it out.
OK, ever since I was a kid I've LOVED Snake-Eyes and Storm Shadow!!!  In fact, one of my VERY first Joes WAS the man himself: the original v1 Snake-Eyes!  All of my friends were jealous; not because they didn't have Snake-Eyes but because I got mine first, so I always was Snake-Eyes whenever we played G.I.Joe  Grin

...Of course, it worked both ways: my best friend got Storm Shadow first  Wink

That said: I LOVE THESE KATANAS!!!  Unsurprisingly, it was Snake-Eyes and Storm Shadow (from the original Marvel Comics) that got my initially interested in Japanese swords.  Well, For's AWESOME renderings make me love them THAT much more  Cool

Oh, and the hexagram on the tsubas are PURE GOLD my friend  Smiley

Hello Everybody,

Just thought it was time for me to post a new saber I have had in my virtual collection a while (I'm going to make an effort to get up to date but have been busy recently  Roll Eyes ).
Today I bring you a few pictures of my design In-Vader X-1.....hope you like....

I was quite pleased how this one turned out, especially the detailing on the inner surfaces of the "wing panel" shrouds plus the "solar panel checkerboard" texture on the outer wing panels.
Thanks for checking this one out and stay tuned I still have more to come.
For, I COMPLETELY understand!  I've been SO busy lately with family stuff that, well, haven't been on much for almost a month and a half  Tongue

NEVERTHELESS, your In-Vader (I see what you did there  Wink) X-1 is just FANTASTIC!!!  I think the texturing looks OUTSTANDING!!!

WELL deserved point my friend!!!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2292 on: April 19, 2023, 11:20:55 AM »

For, I COMPLETELY understand!  I've been SO busy lately with family stuff that, well, haven't been on much for almost a month and a half  Tongue

NEVERTHELESS, your In-Vader (I see what you did there  Wink) X-1 is just FANTASTIC!!!  I think the texturing looks OUTSTANDING!!!

WELL deserved point my friend!!!

Hi Dutch great to hear from you! I finally got my paperwork sorted out that I told you about and took my journey down to New Zealand and WOW what a trip it was. I covered both islands from north to south and across east to west (and a lot of places inbetween). I'll be posting pics now and then of the trip  - though  I'm still sorting through them all.

I was real happy how the In-Vader turned out but I did have a good starting point to work from as I used my Quartermaster (The Armourer) hilt as a base.

Finally I hope your family stuff isn't too serious and everyone is as well as can be at your homestead. Thanks as ever for your kind comments.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2293 on: April 25, 2023, 10:02:17 PM »

Hello Everybody,

Well it's been about a week since I posted the "In-Vader X-1" hilt so had better showcase my next saber. Now as some of you may be aware I have been on holiday recently and I visited some awesome places that were used as film and tv show locations. One particular show that I visited a location for was Power Rangers Dino Fury...so I had to come up with a collection for the Rangers right? Ok here is the first and this is named "Power Red"

I 3D modelled the Ranger's Lightning Bolt logo so it is actually a solid part of the model, not just a pasted on graphic texture. This is basically a rework of my Katana hilt but each Ranger has their own colour matched hilt so I  might not post each version. Luckily I have a "group photo" of all five that I may post next. Thanks for checking this one out.

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #2294 on: April 26, 2023, 10:41:45 PM »

Really got those Katana designs down to an art For and those subtle glow effects are always nice. energised but not a flashlight. Very interested to see how this design looks with different colour glows in the group photo, the red is very Sith, wondering how a Yellow etc. will go.

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: