Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 440560 times)
scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #2310 on: May 13, 2023, 11:12:31 PM »

Nice looking model. That's such a classic design.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #2311 on: May 14, 2023, 01:03:41 AM »

Nice looking model. That's such a classic design.

Hi SFD, thanks...as you say Obi-Wan's hilt is classic so I had to make sure I dildn't mess it up.
I own a Luke ROTJ Archon so we now just need Ultrasabers to release a proper Kenobi hilt.

Thanks again.

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #2312 on: May 14, 2023, 09:52:20 PM »

If Ultrasabers announced a Kenobi hilt, I'd preorder it without thinking twice.  Cheesy

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #2313 on: May 15, 2023, 08:35:31 PM »

I agree with Dutch this hilt looks AWESOME! Master Kenobi Would be proud of the work you did on this one! The time and effort that you put into this one really shows. Point to you good Sir. MTFBWY!

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Dorinian AB; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2314 on: May 15, 2023, 10:57:08 PM »

If Ultrasabers announced a Kenobi hilt, I'd preorder it without thinking twice.  Cheesy

Hi SFD,  and I think our friend and fellow member TheBlindJedi might want a Kenobi hilt too...so that's three customers!

I agree with Dutch this hilt looks AWESOME! Master Kenobi Would be proud of the work you did on this one! The time and effort that you put into this one really shows. Point to you good Sir. MTFBWY!

Hi MavRick, that's very kind, this one has become one of my personal favourites of the hilts I've modelled.  I am thinking of doing Obi-Wan's saber from ANH so I have a full set (I did model his Ep1 and 2 hilts a while ago).

I'm just so happy you all seem to enjoy my work so thanks guys, points incoming.

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #2315 on: May 17, 2023, 12:34:17 AM »

I really like the cross section ones too, really shows off your detailing skills.

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2316 on: May 17, 2023, 02:33:01 PM »

I really like the cross section ones too, really shows off your detailing skills.

Hi LSG, I think that if I do an ANH version I might try to update the crystal chamber a little bit. I have added a few parts to the original version of the chamber such as the red wire and the the perforated shield plate but I've seen some really neat CCs and I want to up the detail on mine a bit.
Thanks as always for the comment.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2317 on: May 21, 2023, 08:07:33 PM »

Hello Everybody, after my "Master Series" Kenobi hilt I posted last week I have the hilt of another Master but from an animated series called "Miraculous - Tales of Ladybug and Cat Noir".
In this show there is an elderly mystic gentleman that fought evil with the aid of magically imbued trinkets. These trinkets transformed individuals into various superhuman forms to battle against a guy called Hawmoth. Well when the trinkets aren't being used they were stored in a Japanese jewellery box with an interesting design I liked, and Master Fu didn't have a sword so you know me I did a thing....here is Master Fu's Katana"....

Hope you all liked this one, it took me quite a while to engrave this one Roll Eyes

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #2318 on: May 22, 2023, 11:42:52 AM »

Nice! That's some very intricate work.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2319 on: May 22, 2023, 07:45:58 PM »

Nice! That's some very intricate work.

Hi SFD, it took me while to work out how to model this one, then I had a revelation. I realised I only needed to carve/model a quarter of the decoration then duplicate it three times and arrange the four sections to complete the circle! Sneaky huh?

+1point

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #2320 on: May 23, 2023, 12:28:21 PM »

Hi SFD, it took me while to work out how to model this one, then I had a revelation. I realised I only needed to carve/model a quarter of the decoration then duplicate it three times and arrange the four sections to complete the circle! Sneaky huh?

+1point

That's the smart way to do it. I'm currently building a Star Trek ship in Blender and I'm working on 1/4 of my saucer because I'm going to use the mirror modifier to make it a complete circle. Wink

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #2321 on: May 24, 2023, 09:46:00 PM »

That katana looks pretty SWEET! The time and effort shows cuz the engraving looks really good!! Point  to you for sharing.

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Dorinian AB; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2322 on: May 24, 2023, 10:37:36 PM »

That's the smart way to do it. I'm currently building a Star Trek ship in Blender and I'm working on 1/4 of my saucer because I'm going to use the mirror modifier to make it a complete circle. Wink
Hi SFD, I seem to recall an EvilGenius that made awesome Star Trek ships a while back so I'd be interested in seeing your ship if you'd PM me a pic  Roll Eyes  (please)

That katana looks pretty SWEET! The time and effort shows cuz the engraving looks really good!! Point  to you for sharing.
Hi MavRick, thanks....I know I said I thought I'd run out of katana hilts to post but this one became a favourite of mine. The funny thing is the "engraving" isn't actually cut into the model it is a model itself! I drew an outline of  part of the design then, following the lines, extruded (stretched) a cube to form the pattern as an object. I then duplicated the new object I had and arranged them to form a complete circle shaped object. In the third image you can see the finished decoration is a 3D model which I laid onto the face of the tsuba creating the engraved effect.

So glad you both liked my efforts, points to both of you.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #2323 on: May 25, 2023, 06:10:56 PM »

Hello Everybody, after my "Master Series" Kenobi hilt I posted last week I have the hilt of another Master but from an animated series called "Miraculous - Tales of Ladybug and Cat Noir".
In this show there is an elderly mystic gentleman that fought evil with the aid of magically imbued trinkets. These trinkets transformed individuals into various superhuman forms to battle against a guy called Hawmoth. Well when the trinkets aren't being used they were stored in a Japanese jewellery box with an interesting design I liked, and Master Fu didn't have a sword so you know me I did a thing....here is Master Fu's Katana"....

Hope you all liked this one, it took me quite a while to engrave this one Roll Eyes
WOW...

OK, you already know that I'm a fan of katanas but the detail work on this is AMAZING!

GREAT job especially with the exquisite work on the tsuba and the kashira!  I can't even imagine how long those took to render...

FANTASTIC job, For!

WELL deserved point  Smiley

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2324 on: June 04, 2023, 05:15:12 AM »

WOW...
OK, you already know that I'm a fan of katanas but the detail work on this is AMAZING!
GREAT job especially with the exquisite work on the tsuba and the kashira!  I can't even imagine how long those took to render...
FANTASTIC job, For!
WELL deserved point  Smiley

Hi Dutch, apologies I thought I had replied to your comment. Surprisingly the renders were done quicker than I thought they would take. I think it depends on what is stored in the cache memory of my laptop before I start cos my machine has a built-in shared graphics set-up. If I activate my laptop and start Blender straight away then it seems to work faster. So glad you liked the results.

And I had best post my next sabe...er, binoculars! I can't recall if I have posted these before but I have branched out into other Star Wars prop "Thingies" and this is the latest object in my collection...

Oh and here is the actual prop

Thanks for scoping this build and keep your eyes to the horizon, there's plenty more to come.

Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: