Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 448744 times)
Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #2325 on: June 06, 2023, 12:51:01 AM »

That's the smart way to do it. I'm currently building a Star Trek ship in Blender and I'm working on 1/4 of my saucer because I'm going to use the mirror modifier to make it a complete circle. Wink

That sounds fascinating, look forward to seeing your take on a Federation vessel. And these two latest additions were great, nifty little binoculars and the details on that Katana as Dutch noted were astonishing. Great work as always.

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #2326 on: June 06, 2023, 10:38:47 PM »

That sounds fascinating, look forward to seeing your take on a Federation vessel. And these two latest additions were great, nifty little binoculars and the details on that Katana as Dutch noted were astonishing. Great work as always.

Hi LSG, It's going to take me a while to get my version of a Federation ship to a point where I'm happy with it - these ships need to be accurately scaled or they look comical. I can get away with parts not quite being to scale with my designs for sabers but a starship that contains humans has to modelled "correctly".

So glad you liked the Miraculous katana though, it's kinda in my fave top ten designs I've done. Thanks again and a point on the way.

p.s. Did you look "through" the binoculars? You might see a surprise detail....

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #2327 on: June 07, 2023, 12:31:18 AM »

Hi Dutch, apologies I thought I had replied to your comment. Surprisingly the renders were done quicker than I thought they would take. I think it depends on what is stored in the cache memory of my laptop before I start cos my machine has a built-in shared graphics set-up. If I activate my laptop and start Blender straight away then it seems to work faster. So glad you liked the results.

And I had best post my next sabe...er, binoculars! I can't recall if I have posted these before but I have branched out into other Star Wars prop "Thingies" and this is the latest object in my collection...

Oh and here is the actual prop

Thanks for scoping this build and keep your eyes to the horizon, there's plenty more to come.
No worries my friend^^  Better late than never, right (and it's not as if I haven't done that countless times myself  Cheesy)?

Those binocular renderings look fantastic!  You're getting especially good with the details (like the greebles, the lenses, etc), not to mention the color matching to the original!

Point!

...OK, I have to say: I zoomed in on the pic as much as the browser would allow me and it looked like one of LSG's ships that you made (I'm probably wrong but I couldn't zoom in further  Tongue Wink).

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2328 on: June 07, 2023, 08:34:04 PM »

...OK, I have to say: I zoomed in on the pic as much as the browser would allow me and it looked like one of LSG's ships that you made (I'm probably wrong but I couldn't zoom in further  Tongue Wink).

Hi Dutch, no it isn't one of LSG's ships but an image of the corridor that I set the photos in (so nothing special). I just tried to make the binoculars look like they actually worked  Grin

And thanks, all the practice I had with saber hilts matching colours and detail really helps with other props. I am working on building up a collection of re-useable Greebly parts so I can do what real physical model makers call "Kit-Bashing". Kit bashing entails raiding boxes of model kits and taking various parts from each to build/decorate a bespoke model.

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #2329 on: June 13, 2023, 08:42:28 PM »

I agree with Dutch! Point!

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Enigma AB; Exile CG w/sd; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2330 on: June 13, 2023, 09:46:50 PM »

I agree with Dutch! Point!

Hi MavRick, thanks to you also. As I mention I have had a bit of practice now, so much so that I feel like an "Old-Timer" when it comes to designing and modelling. I have started to look back at my early stuff then notice the date I created whatever model I have in front pf me and think, "Heck...I built this when? 2017?". It's just time consuming using  a low powered laptop otherwise I might have done much more complex detailed builds.
Speaking of builds...I showed the Republic and Jedi's binoculars last week so I had best show you all "Dark Horizons".....

Yep I have upgraded the Imperial Electrobinoculars and given them a few tweaks. Firstly I have contoured the shell and hamdgrips a little (made them more ergonomic) but internally I have given the binoculars new optic sensors along with Heat Vison and Tactical Night Vision modes! And to better facilitate using these with full face helmets I redesigned the glare shield boot and put an HD video screen in instead of binary lense optics. Again these binos work as the last image clearly shows "what's on the horizon"  Cool

Anyway thanks everyone for checking this latest redesign out and thanks MavRick, a point on it's way to you. And as always stay tuned I still have more to come!

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #2331 on: June 15, 2023, 05:04:43 AM »

Nice job recreating this in all its bulky late 70s 'future vision' aesthtic, even scuffing over the main body of it!

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2332 on: June 15, 2023, 01:55:46 PM »

Nice job recreating this in all its bulky late 70s 'future vision' aesthtic, even scuffing over the main body of it!

Hi LSG, Bulky is an apt description! I never felt that Imperial equipment was very ergonomic - everything was always oversized or awkward to handle/operate.
Though the idea of electrobinoculars when they first appeared always made me want one of these old electronic handheld games...

but they were always out of my price range as a kid. Nowadays working examples are selling online for hundreds of dollars or more! Cry
Glad you liked the new old design, thanks.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #2333 on: June 16, 2023, 07:42:45 PM »

Hi MavRick, thanks to you also. As I mention I have had a bit of practice now, so much so that I feel like an "Old-Timer" when it comes to designing and modelling. I have started to look back at my early stuff then notice the date I created whatever model I have in front pf me and think, "Heck...I built this when? 2017?". It's just time consuming using  a low powered laptop otherwise I might have done much more complex detailed builds.
Speaking of builds...I showed the Republic and Jedi's binoculars last week so I had best show you all "Dark Horizons".....

Yep I have upgraded the Imperial Electrobinoculars and given them a few tweaks. Firstly I have contoured the shell and hamdgrips a little (made them more ergonomic) but internally I have given the binoculars new optic sensors along with Heat Vison and Tactical Night Vision modes! And to better facilitate using these with full face helmets I redesigned the glare shield boot and put an HD video screen in instead of binary lense optics. Again these binos work as the last image clearly shows "what's on the horizon"  Cool

Anyway thanks everyone for checking this latest redesign out and thanks MavRick, a point on it's way to you. And as always stay tuned I still have more to come!
These are such a great call-back to the binoculars that I remember from the OT!  Wonderful detail, excellent coloring...For, you're work continues to impress and improve!

Looking forward to more  Smiley

Point!

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2334 on: June 17, 2023, 01:09:02 AM »

Hello Dutch, as a kid I was always attracted to the props in Star Wars and as I mention to LSG I would have loved to have owned a Tomy 3D game handset to modify into a pair of these binoculars. So this virtual pair will have to do.

Thanks for the kind comment and I'll continue to work hard.

MavRick
Knight Commander

« Reply #2335 on: June 29, 2023, 08:43:31 PM »

I haven't been on the forums in a few weeks because my dad was killed in an accident two weeks ago today and I just needed a break.
So I'm just now seeing these cool OT binoculars. Great job on the details as always and point to you for sharing.

Sabers I own:                                           
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Enigma AB; Exile CG w/sd; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2336 on: June 29, 2023, 10:32:41 PM »

I haven't been on the forums in a few weeks because my dad was killed in an accident two weeks ago today and I just needed a break.
So I'm just now seeing these cool OT binoculars. Great job on the details as always and point to you for sharing.

Hello my friend and before I go any further I offer my deepest condolences on the news of your father. I hope you know that I'm always hanging around here somewhere should you need someone to lend an ear (or if you just need to vent at somebody) I'll do my best to help.

And at such a difficult time for you, thanks so much for dropping in and commenting on my little works. I can now share with you all that not only have I started 3D modelling props and gadgets....but I have branched out into full scale ship building too.

So for now, may the Force embrace your father and give you and your family strength. My saber will be lit and raised in remembrance of him. MTFBWY.....

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #2337 on: June 30, 2023, 07:02:31 PM »

Mav, allow me to express my sincere condolences for your loss.  I won't pretend to know exactly what you're going through but I can say that--having lost my mother early in my life--I can empathize with such a tragedy.  I shall keep you in my thoughts.

Yes, FT's absolutely AWESOME designs look spectacular and I'm looking forward to his upcoming projects  Smiley

MavRick
Knight Commander

« Reply #2338 on: July 01, 2023, 04:36:39 PM »

Thank you both for the kind words, I really appreciate it. MTFBWY!

Sabers I own:                                           
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA

KaiserSosay
Duke of the Diamond Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -839

« Reply #2339 on: July 01, 2023, 07:55:50 PM »

Hi LSG, Bulky is an apt description! I never felt that Imperial equipment was very ergonomic - everything was always oversized or awkward to handle/operate.
Though the idea of electrobinoculars when they first appeared always made me want one of these old electronic handheld games...

but they were always out of my price range as a kid. Nowadays working examples are selling online for hundreds of dollars or more! Cry
Glad you liked the new old design, thanks.

I had one of these as a kid. Thanks for the flashback.  You had to play it in daylight or you couldn't see anything.  It was a car racing game. There were three lanes hence the left right buttons. Then the accel button was like a speed boost.  I spent hours playing that game. I haven't seen one or even thought about it in over thirty years.  Seriously thank you for the trip down memory lane!

Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: