Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 453331 times)
For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1559

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #2340 on: July 01, 2023, 11:01:53 PM »

I had one of these as a kid. Thanks for the flashback.  You had to play it in daylight or you couldn't see anything.  It was a car racing game. There were three lanes hence the left right buttons. Then the accel button was like a speed boost.  I spent hours playing that game. I haven't seen one or even thought about it in over thirty years.  Seriously thank you for the trip down memory lane!

Hello again, and you sir have made me officially jealous...in the best way possible. You were fortunate to own one. (And was it really 30 yaers ago these came out? Embarrassed)

p.s. I remember annoying kids creeping up and covering that transparent panel just as you were about to break a high score and everything went dark.

KaiserSosay
Duke of the Diamond Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -839

Droogs don't run.

« Reply #2341 on: July 01, 2023, 11:37:43 PM »

Hello again, and you sir have made me officially jealous...in the best way possible. You were fortunate to own one. (And was it really 30 yaers ago these came out? Embarrassed)

p.s. I remember annoying kids creeping up and covering that transparent panel just as you were about to break a high score and everything went dark.
No it wasn't 30 years ago. That was the last time I remember seeing mine.  I think I got mine when I was 8 or 9. So forty years ago. Yeah, 40.
I feel old now.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2342 on: July 04, 2023, 07:10:21 PM »

Hello Everybody, well sorry for aging people early with my nostalgia trip. So I'm gonna post a couple of sabers inspired by foam dart flinging instead...

And this last one is a design I built for a Nerfing YouTube star and it's powered with a K-26 spring (if you know...you know Roll Eyes Grin)

Thanks for looking in.

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #2343 on: July 05, 2023, 02:31:46 AM »

I love the Nerf themed sabers.  Grin

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2344 on: July 06, 2023, 01:24:28 AM »

I love the Nerf themed sabers.  Grin

Hi and thanks. I realised that I was getting drawn into the foam flinging hobby quite a bit and wanted a way to redress the balance (or combine it) with my lightsaber collecting/designing. Then the idea of a series of hilts in popular Nerf series colour themes came into my head and thought that might be cool.

The last saber  I posted is one I designed for the Nerf YouTuber named Captain Xavier and has a piece of K26 spring in it. He's famous for upgrading blasters with this type of spring and when he attended wars he had a backpack hopper fed minigun that he decimated the opponents with.

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #2345 on: July 06, 2023, 02:29:11 AM »

It would actually be really cool to see Hasbro do some Nerf sabers. After all, they own Nerf and have a Star Wars toy license. They've done Star Wars Nerf rifles in the past.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2346 on: July 06, 2023, 03:19:13 AM »

It would actually be really cool to see Hasbro do some Nerf sabers. After all, they own Nerf and have a Star Wars toy license. They've done Star Wars Nerf rifles in the past.

I know in the past Nerf/Hasbro brought out the melee range of weapons including foam katanas, broadswords and even hatchets and battle axes, so lightsabers wouldn't be a stretch. I did manage to pick up the Sergeant Jynn Erso rifle with the glow darts and sound fx - not bad and looks fairly close to what's on screen. But I have yet to grab the Stormtrooper Rival blaster that you have.

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #2347 on: July 06, 2023, 12:42:19 PM »

I've looked at a couple of the other Nerf Star Wars guns when they were out, and the only one that said "buy me" to me was the Stormtrooper one. But, I'm glad you like that Jynn Nerf blaster. I do have the Nerf phasers from Star Trek on preorder, though.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #2348 on: July 11, 2023, 09:49:27 PM »

Hello Everybody, well sorry for aging people early with my nostalgia trip. So I'm gonna post a couple of sabers inspired by foam dart flinging instead...

And this last one is a design I built for a Nerfing YouTube star and it's powered with a K-26 spring (if you know...you know Roll Eyes Grin)

Thanks for looking in.
I love these designs, FT: simple without being simplistic, sturdy while being both utilitarian as well as beautiful...

Plus: what kid WOULDN'T give their left arm to have a NERF saber?!  Heh, Maker knows that I had SO many homemade lightsabers (but, you know, really, REALLY bad ones since I was but a lad of 5 when I saw ANH and ESB  Grin).

But I REALLY like your last design: I'm reminded of Obi-Wan's "grenade hilt" lightsaber--one of my personal favorites--so I'm going to ALWAYS go for that design  Cheesy

WHICH reminds me, for those of you following FT and his incredible renderings, he did me a SOLID (heh, one of many, MANY as it turns out  Wink But that's FT: selfless, friendly, a consummate professional, and incredible artist!) by making these INCREDIBLE pics of Zearic's Aldrnari:

These renderings always look SO awesome (just like the above-mentioned NERF design FT did  Cool).

Anyhow, sorry to go on a minor tangent but I really enjoy these sabers^^

Well deserved point!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2349 on: July 11, 2023, 11:12:49 PM »

I love these designs, FT: simple without being simplistic, sturdy while being both utilitarian as well as beautiful...

But I REALLY like your last design: I'm reminded of Obi-Wan's "grenade hilt" lightsaber--one of my personal favorites--so I'm going to ALWAYS go for that design  Cheesy

Hi Dutch, glad you like the Foam Flinging sabers. I felt I had to try to redress the balance in my interest in Nerf blasters and my first love of lightsabers so I combined the two hobbies Grin

And you are correct good Sir, the orange thin neck is a heavily modified Obi-Wan Kenobi hilt! In fact I have modified his saber quite often - here's a few from the past...

And yes I even built a curved version which was more tricky than I imagined it would be.
Thanks so much for your kind words - I'm just so glad you all keep me busy with projects!

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #2350 on: July 13, 2023, 07:59:10 PM »

Hi Dutch, glad you like the Foam Flinging sabers. I felt I had to try to redress the balance in my interest in Nerf blasters and my first love of lightsabers so I combined the two hobbies Grin

And you are correct good Sir, the orange thin neck is a heavily modified Obi-Wan Kenobi hilt! In fact I have modified his saber quite often - here's a few from the past...

And yes I even built a curved version which was more tricky than I imagined it would be.
Thanks so much for your kind words - I'm just so glad you all keep me busy with projects!
These look fantastic, FT!  

All of these hilts have aesthetically pleasing lines, from the Archon pommel to the thin neck emitter.  I'm taken back to watching "Return Of The Jedi" in the theater, when Luke ignites his green-bladed saber on Endor after he's been thrown from his speeder bike; it was that moment that I fell in love with that particular model of saber  Smiley

Oh, and I can't even imagine the work necessary to render the bent-hilt saber  Wink

Point!

P.S. For those that are unaware: when I started writing my stories on the Forum, I tried experimenting with attaching a pic (or two) for visual cues.  But then I saw FT's awesome saber pics and wondered (heh, hoped!) if I could ask him for help.  Not only did FT graciously offer to help but he always went above and beyond to do so!

SO: special thanks to FT for always giving my stories such wonderful visuals  Smiley

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 602

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #2351 on: July 19, 2023, 09:40:35 PM »

I'm digging the nerf sabers and the new pics of the old designs! Point to you for sharing. MTFBWY!

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/s & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/s an silver foc
 Archon CG w/s an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/s an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite s and AB foc
 Exile in CG w/s an silver foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Free)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (Raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Dark Initiate V2 in GB (free)
 Franken saber in VA
 Dominix LE V2 in BR (friend)
Wish list: Sound in my Guardian, Dark Prophecy BR

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2352 on: July 19, 2023, 11:25:51 PM »

These look fantastic, FT!  
All of these hilts have aesthetically pleasing lines, from the Archon pommel to the thin neck emitter.  I'm taken back to watching "Return Of The Jedi" in the theater, when Luke ignites his green-bladed saber on Endor after he's been thrown from his speeder bike; it was that moment that I fell in love with that particular model of saber  Smiley
Oh, and I can't even imagine the work necessary to render the bent-hilt saber  Wink
I'm digging the nerf sabers and the new pics of the old designs! Point to you for sharing. MTFBWY!

Hi Dutch and MavRick, thanks guys so glad you liked the throw back to some thin necks and the Nerfing sabers. I have an admission to make...the hard part of making the curved Obi one wasn'y rendering it but the amount of time it took to "carve out" all the little blocks on the grenade grip Grin Wink
And to MavRick...I may have to do some more Nerf coloured hilts as just today I added another blaster to my collection!

Finally I guess I had best show my next "new" design and this time it is in honour of the famous Mad Max Thunderdome movie. I had been working on some Rapier designs and Thunderdome came on my cable channels and as I watched it realised a Rapier hand basket is kinda like a Thunderdome...so I thought why not? Oh and there is a teaser to a new vehicle that I've built too...

Thanks for checking my stuff out as always and points inbound!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2353 on: July 27, 2023, 07:14:26 PM »

Hello Everybody,

I have said in the past that I was getting a bit short of in universe Star Wars inspiration so needed to expand my model making to include objects other than just lightsabers. So I made a few pairs of electrobinoculars and a few starfighters/ships, well today I present my take on a favourite form of Star Wars transport - the Speeder Bike. I saw one in the recent Ahsoka trailer so this is as good a time as any to reveal mine. Here is my Speedster....

And I have mentioned before that I'm a fan of motor-racing, be it on two or four wheels, and it was a famous racing car that helped inspire the styling of this Speedster....the Audi Silver Arrows....

And that just about wraps up this week's contribution, I hope you liked it and thanks for looking in.

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #2354 on: July 27, 2023, 10:51:32 PM »

I really like that. I'm especially a fan of the classic racing car vibe.

Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: